How to Drop Password on Gopro Hero 4
How to reset camera settings Gopro to factory?
One of the most common and most effective troubleshooting methods for GoPro cameras is to restore factory settings. Resetting user settings may help if:
- There are problems when connecting an HDMI cable. the image is not transmitted to the output device.
- There is a delay between user actions and camera response.
- There is any other malfunction, and the user wants to make sure that it did not occur due to the camera software.
These instructions will help you restore factory settings for the following models:
Please note: you cannot reset the Wi-Fi username and password using the instructions (except for the HERO6 Black, HERO5 Black and HERO5 Session models). If you want to reset the Wi-Fi username and password, we recommend that you refer to the following article. It is also useful to know that restoring factory settings does not delete all footage from your microSD card.
Hero6 Black and Hero5 Black
Reset to default settings:
- Turn on the camera and swipe down on the main screen.
- Click “Options” Default camera settings Reset.
This parameter allows you to reset all user settings except for date / time, name / password, language and format.
Reset to factory settings:
- Turn on the camera and swipe down from the touch screen.
- Click “Options” Restore factory settings Reset.
This option allows you to reset all user settings, including the date / time and the name / password of your camera. In addition, the device will be untied from the registered GoPro Plus account. If you plan to sell GoPro, choose this option.
- Press the Mode button to turn on the camera;
- Press the Mode button several times until the settings menu icon appears on the screen. Press the shutter button to enter the settings;
- Press the shutter button 5 times to display the “Options” submenu;
- Press the Mode button several times, setting the selection bar to the “Reset to factory settings” option. Press the shutter button to select;
- Press the Mode button, setting the selection bar to “Reset”. Press the shutter button to select.
- With the camera turned off, press the Menu button to turn on the camera status screen.
- Press the Menu button repeatedly to go to the Exit menu.
- Press and hold the Shutter button for 8 seconds.
- Press the Menu button to go to Yes, then press the Shutter button to select.
The process is identical to restoring factory settings on HERO6 and HERO5 Black: all settings will be reset, and the camera will be untied from the registered GoPro Plus account.
In Setup mode, select Camera Reset. This setting does not affect the date and time settings, username and password for the wireless network. Resetting is available if the camera is connected to the GoPro remote control or to the GoPro App.
- Press the Mode button several times until the gear icon appears on the screen.
- Press the Shutter button to enter the settings.
- Press the Mode button several times, setting the selection bar to the Reset Cam parameter.
- Press the Shutter button to select.
- Press the Mode button, setting the selection bar to Reset.
- Press the Shutter button to select. The camera will restart
- After rebooting, the GoPro will be reset to factory settings.
Hero3 Black and Hero3
- Press the shutter button and do not release it.
- While holding the shutter button, press the camera’s power button. The device will restart.
- After rebooting, the camera will be set to factory settings.
Manually update the camera (HERO, HERO, HEROLCD). To do this, you need to follow the link, click “Update your camera manually” and follow the instructions.
If you have any problems with the restoration of settings, please contact the technical support department by writing to chat or calling 8 495 481 4953 for Moscow or 8 800 777 1753 for regions (the call is free). We will try to help you.