How to Delete Messages on iPhone
In the Messages application, you can send text, photos,s, and audio messages. You can even personalize your messages using animated effects, iMessage applications and other tools right in the Messages application.
- Open Messages.
- Click to write a new message. Or select an existing conversation.
- Click the text box and enter a message.
- Click to send a message.
Lock Screen Answer
- On the lock screen, press and hold the notification you want to reply to. Depending on the device, you may need to swipe the notification to the left and click “View.”
- Enter your message.
- Click to send a message.
If you have an iPhone X or newer model or iPad with Face ID function and you can’t reply to a message from the lock screen, go to the Settings menu “Face ID and passcode” and enable the “Reply by message” function. If you have an iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8 or an older model or iPad, go to the Settings menu “Touch ID and Password Code” “Lock Screen Access” and enable the “Reply with Message” feature.
Tap and hold is available on most iOS 13 or iPadOS devices. To reply to a message from the lock screen on iPhone SE (2nd generation), you need to swipe the notification to the left and click “View.”
Change name and photo
On iOS 13 and iPadOS, you can share your name and photo when you write a new message or reply. You can use Animoji, Memoji or a custom image as your photo. To update your profile in the Messaging app, follow these steps:
- Open the Messages app and tap the icon.
- Click “Change Name and Photo.”
- Tap the image circle to select an image or photo. Then tap the text fields with your name to add or update it.
- Click Finish.
You can share your name and photo with all iMessage users, however this will need to be confirmed when sending or replying to a message. You can also enable or disable sharing. Just follow steps 1-2 and enable or disable the option “Share name and photo”.
Delete a message or conversation
A deleted message or conversation cannot be restored. Therefore, be sure to save important information from your messages.
To delete a message:
- In a conversation, press and hold the message you want to delete, and then tap.
- Click, and then click Delete Message. If you want to delete all messages in the topic, click “Delete All” in the upper left corner. Then click Delete Conversation.
To delete one conversation, swipe it to the left, click Delete, and then click Delete again to confirm the action. To delete multiple conversations, open the Messages application and click Edit in the upper left corner. Then click the circle next to the conversation and click “Delete” in the lower right corner.
If you need to store messages for a certain time, go to the Settings menu “Messages” “Leave a message.” Then choose how long to keep messages.
Viber is one of the most popular applications. It perfectly replaces the functions of a mobile operator and allows free communication and correspondence with all users. When chatting with Weiber in a chat with another user, you could mistakenly send him a message or incorrectly state your idea. In this case, you can quickly delete the message without visible signs. This function is available in the application, but has its own characteristics. The option to delete correspondence or individual messages will also be useful to hide confidential information.
Is it possible to delete messages in Viber from iPhone
Viber is an affordable and free messenger application that can be installed on any smartphone, including iPhone. Here, all users can communicate with each other and exchange messages. As in any other messenger, there are no prohibitions in Viber to delete messages. You can do this selectively. By one message, and all at once. The instructions for deleting correspondence and individual messages in Viber on iPhone are very simple and apply to all smartphone models.
To begin with, you can delete not only individual messages in Viber, but immediately the entire chat with a specific user. You can do this as follows:
- Open Viber.
- Before you load the main page with the history of correspondence.
- Choose which chat to clear and without opening it, just swipe the screen from right to left in the same place.
- You will see a menu of available functions, where there is a red “Delete” button.
- Click on it and confirm your action.
Correspondence disappears from the stories and is no longer visible on the screen. Along with deleting the chat, all messages are also deleted.
Alternatively, you can delete the message history through the settings. Click on the chat with a specific user, then click on his name, select “Information and Settings” in the proposed options, and click “Clear History” at the bottom of the screen. After confirmation, the correspondence with this person disappears. Such a function will take you only a few minutes, and you can clean your Viber from unnecessary SMS. This can be useful when you deleted a contact from the phone book or blocked a user.
Delete multiple posts
Also in Viber the option is available not only to delete the entire chat, but also selectively separate message, while maintaining the correspondence. Let’s consider two options.
Delete messages in Viber
You can delete SMS only on your phone in those cases if you do not want someone to open Viber on your phone and read the secret information. In this case, if the message has already been delivered to your interlocutor, then he has it stored in the correspondence.
- Log in to the app.
- In the chat history, select the conversation where you want to delete the message.
- Press the desired SMS and hold for a few seconds until a line with the available functions appears at the top.
- Choose “”, then the service will offer two solutions: “Delete from me” and “Delete everywhere”.
- Click “Delete from me”, after which the message “Message has been deleted” will appear at the place of the message.
A similar method of clearing unwanted messages can also be useful if Viber is installed under your account on other devices that your family members have access to, and you do not want them to read the correspondence. But the safest thing is just to make the chat hidden, and then no one will get access to it except you.
You can also use the “Delete everywhere” function, which involves deleting SMS not only from your phone, but also from the other person.
- Go to the correspondence where you want to delete the message.
- Hold for a few seconds with your finger on the message you want to delete.
- At the top of the menu bar is displayed, select “.”
- Choose “Delete“, “Delete everywhere.”
The only disadvantage of Viber on iPhones is that you can’t delete several messages from correspondence at once, you need to click on each and selectively delete them.
An unreasonable moment when deleting a message at both contacts at once is that if you sent a message and read it, the meaning of this function is lost. And yet, deleting the message, even before your interlocutor has read it, on the screen both you and he have an entry in the place of SMS. “The message has been deleted”. That is, he will understand that you sent him something, and then changed your mind and deleted it. In this sense, the interface is not entirely thought out.
Can I recover deleted messages? Functional Viber allows you to restore not individual messages, but the entire history of correspondence. However, this can only be done provided that you previously had the “Backup” option active. The application does not provide any other possibility for recovering deleted chats or messages. Therefore, before you delete something or reinstall Viber on another device, go to the “Settings” menu, select “Account” and activate the “Backup” function. The entire history of your messages and calls as an archive file will be stored in icloud storage, and if necessary, you can restore everything. In addition to activating “Backup”, also set the frequency for updating information from Viber.
Learn how to set up contacts and manage what is displayed in the Contacts program, delete contacts, and perform other tasks.
Setting up a contact account
In email accounts, you can configure contact sharing for Contacts. If you have a contact account, such as a business or school directory, you can also set it up. To do this, follow these steps.
- Go to the Settings menu “Passwords and accounts.”
- Click the “Add Account” button.
- Click your email account and enable the Contacts option. Or click “Other” to set up a contact account, such as an LDAP or CardDAV account.
- Enter the information and password.
- Click “Next.”
If you have several accounts configured in the Contacts program and you need to view contacts for only one of them, open the Contacts program and click Groups in the upper left corner.
Turn on or off the Contacts option for an account
Need to add or remove all contacts from an account that is already configured? Just turn off or turn off the Contacts option for your account:
- Go to the Settings menu “Passwords and accounts.”
- Click the account whose contacts you want to add or remove.
- To add contacts, enable the Contacts option. To delete contacts, turn off the Contacts option, then tap Delete from iPhone.
Select a default account to add new contacts
If you have multiple accounts configured in the Contacts program, you can select a default account to add new contacts. Just select “Settings” “Contacts” “Uch. App. Default ”and select an account.
Change how contacts are sorted and displayed
You can choose how to sort contacts, for example, in alphabetical order by first or last name. Just select “Settings” Contacts and select values for the following options:
- Sort Order: Sorts contacts alphabetically by first or last name.
- “Display Order”: Display contact names before or after last names.
- Short name: Select how names are displayed in programs such as Mail, Messages, Phone, etc.
If a contact is deleted, it is permanently deleted from the device. If you delete a contact from an email account, it will also be permanently deleted from all devices that are logged into this account.
Contact deletion procedure:
- Open the Contacts program and click the contact you want to delete.
- Click “Edit.”
- Scroll down and click “Delete Contact”, then click “Delete Contact” again to confirm.