How to Delete Memory on Phone
How to clear the memory on a Huawei phone and Honor is interested in those users who have already managed to encounter a lack of free space on their device. Such a problem occurs in almost every second owner of a phone on the Android operating system. This guide provides some effective ways to expand the amount of space on your gadget.
Types of memory on Android devices
The general classification gives two basic sections:
The first is RAM memory. It is non-volatile. The RAM of the device, it is reproduced only when the gadget is working. The non-volatile classification (ROM) includes system components, internal memory, memory cards and flash drives.
Details about division and dependence are displayed in the table:
|Rewritable section||SD card|
You can find out how much free space is on the device in the settings or explorer of the smartphone / tablet.
How to see memory utilization statistics
If your mobile device began to work more slowly when accessing the Internet, then it’s time to check if there is enough free RAM. Its clogging is often affected even by a banal visit to sites. Especially if the page has many multimedia components. This takes more weight than the text format. But a lot of RAM is taken away by the programs themselves installed on the gadget. To check the memory statistics, follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Open the Play Console;
- Mark the application you want to check;
- Open more information;
- Select the type of data you want to view.
It is also possible to download a general consumption report from Google Cloud Storage.
How to clean Honor and Huawei phone memory manually
To free the internal drive, you do not need special skills. In simple words, then there are such methods:
- Moving files from internal to external storage;
- Transferring applications to a memory card;
- Remove garbage from the operating system;
- Move important components to cloud storage, etc.
Removing garbage in the browser
To remove from the phone’s memory all unnecessary components that survived after visiting the browser, you need to go to the general settings, go to the memory section, and clear the cache. In the manual download section, we recommend deleting unnecessary files that have been downloaded from Internet pages.
Messages are elements that also occupy part of the device’s volume. And they do it even to a greater extent than you can imagine. Therefore, if you are a lover of texting, do not store your SMS for a long time, as this will only slow down the work.
Clean up junk files
To optimize the performance of your Honor / Huawei mobile, it is better to manually delete all the files that you no longer need. These include duplicates, old screenshots, documents, music that you don’t listen to, applications that you don’t use. After removing them, the phone will obviously become easier to perform options that require more RAM.
As already mentioned, applications take up a lot of space. And their updates. Even more. Therefore, if you have ones that you completely stopped using, or rarely open them, it is better to delete them. This frees up memory for something more needed.
How to clean smartphone memory using programs
In order not to perform all the manual cleaning operations, you can use the services of specialized software. In the article we will consider a few that really help your phone.
If you have any questions or have complaints. Please let us know
How to clear the internal memory of a Huawei and Honor phone using Clean Master?
- Open Play Market.
- Type Clean Master in the search box.
- Select the first program.
- Download it. It’s free.
- Run it.
- On the main screen, select the cleaning item.
- Wait for the process to complete.
An analogue of the previous version is a more modern SD Maid. Unlike the Wedge of the Master, this one cleans not only the internal components, but also formats the external media.
App cache cleaner
App Cache Cleaner can be downloaded for free from the Play Market. Software also cleans internal and external excess elements. Its distinctive feature is the rapid removal of the cache. Imperceptible residues or images stored in the folders of the explorer.
We clean the internal memory of the phone through a computer
When a smartphone freezes up. The first sign that the RAM is clogged. You can troubleshoot using a PC. How to do it:
- Connect the phone to the computer using the original cord;
- We wait until the synchronization is established;
- We go into the HiSuite program and select the internal module, designated as a phone;
- From the drop-down list, look for the “APS” folder, open and delete unnecessary applications or transfer to the SD card.
Upon completion, disconnect from the computer and reboot.
How to clear the phone’s RAM
The best way to clean up the RAM is to reset it to the factory settings, but this method is radical and removes all data from the phone completely resetting the system. When there is not enough memory to install the game, you should perform a standard cleaning of unnecessary files. How to do it:
- On the screen we find “Phone Manager” and run;
- Click on the “Clear memory” parameter, information with data on the amount of free space and available for cleaning is opened;
- Click “Clear”, if there is nothing to delete, then go to the section “View free memory and cache”;
- Go, select the programs that you want to remove and confirm the action by clicking “Clean”.
Upon returning to the menu, the amount of cleared memory will be displayed. Artificial intelligence devices can load applications on their own.
Some time after the first power-up, too much information accumulates on the phone and there is simply no free space left for new files. Especially often, owners of budget devices on Android are faced with this problem. But not everything is so simple, all phones have several types of memory, and first you need to figure out what each of them is responsible for, and only then clean the gadget from unnecessary files and irrelevant information. What are the ways to clean or increase storage volume?
Types of memory on Android devices
Each of the memory departments has its own tasks and characteristics, which we will now understand:
- Built-in memory. This is the memory that is on the phone or tablet initially and is designed to store various files. Each device has its own hard disk, on which the operating system itself and the programs necessary for normal and full functioning are recorded. After connecting the device to the Internet, or using other methods, you can begin to fill the internal memory with everything you need: files, programs, music,, etc.
- A drive or memory card is an addition to the internal memory, which is installed separately. All Android devices have a special input for an SD card, which will increase the memory capacity by 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, or 128 GB. You can transfer personal information, media files and applications to an external drive.
If the internal and external memory is completely full, then you can no longer put anything on the device. It is also possible that the phone will begin to freeze, slow down and refuse to launch applications.
- RAM (RAM). This memory stores information about the processes that are taking place at the moment, and files copied to the clipboard. That is, if you launched a game or application, started watchings or listening to music via the Internet, then the load will go to RAM. In other words, this memory is for storing the cache. All that is in this memory is temporary files, since they will be erased after the device is rebooted or when a special button is pressed.
- ROM (ROM). Unlike RAM, it is a permanent memory on which the processes necessary for the full functioning of the system are stored. That is, the ROM is responsible for the loads associated with the operating system, and is not reset when the device is rebooted.
If the RAM or ROM is completely full, the phone will begin to freeze, slow down and stop opening applications. Also, in many devices there is a function due to which, with a heavy load of RAM or ROM, an automatic reboot and shutdown of some applications occurs.
How to see statistics on smartphone or tablet memory utilization
First, check how much and what kind of memory we have left by doing the following:
- Open your phone’s settings.
How to clear device memory
Since everyone faces this problem sooner or later, there are several cleaning methods, each of which is used for a specific memory.
Using embedded applications
First of all, we’ll take advantage of what the developers of your smartphone came up with to clear internal and external memory by following these steps:
- Go to the phone settings.
lesson: leave the right one, delete the excess. How to properly clean the memory in Android
To clear RAM and ROM, follow these steps:
- Hold the “Menu” button on your device.
tutorial: clearing RAM on an Android device. Manually freeing up storage space
This method involves transferring files and programs from the internal memory to the external one, since usually the phone’s built-in memory is noticeably smaller than that which can be installed additionally using the SD card. You can transfer to external memory pictures,s, e-books and files that are not involved in maintaining the health of the phone. In general, transfer everything that does not apply to the operating system.
- Open Explorer. This is an application that contains all the folders and files that are on the device.
You can also transfer part of the application to external memory by following these steps:
- Open your device’s settings.
Do not forget that you can use a computer as an external drive. To transfer files from your phone to a PC, follow these steps:
- Connect the phone to the computer via a USB cable.
Extend your gadget with cloud technology
In recent years, such an Internet industry as cloud technology has been actively developing, allowing you to upload via the Internet file to the “cloud”. It goes like this:
- You open one of the programs designed for cloud storage. For example, the Yandex.Disk application, which can be downloaded on Google Play. https://play.Google.com/store/apps/details?Id=en.Yandex.Diskhl = ru.
We work with third-party programs
In the Play Market, you can easily find many free programs that help you clean the phone in a couple of clicks. Now we will consider the most popular and practical of them:
Clean Master frees storage from unnecessary information
Probably one of the most famous applications, and not only in its category, as it has more than 5,000,000 installations. Clean Master offers a complete cleaning of the device from temporary files, cache, damaged and empty folders, browser history and other garbage. Also, its capabilities include automatic closing of unnecessary applications and a built-in antivirus. The application has a nice and convenient interface that allows you to clean the device with just two clicks of the “Analysis” and “Clear” buttons. Link to the installation from the Play Market.
System Monitoring in Android Assistant
Also deservedly located in the top Play Market program (https://play.Google.com/store/apps/details?Id=com.Advancedprocessmanagerhl = ru), which has a very wide list of features:
- Constant monitoring of the system, providing the user with information about the system load, memory status, battery temperature and other useful things.
- A process manager that allows you to manage running applications in a couple of touches of the screen.
- The ability to view a list of startup applications when the device is turned on and disable them.
- The App 2 SD feature allows you to quickly move installed applications from internal to external memory.
- And, most importantly, the application will allow you to clear phone memory from unnecessary files with the click of a button.
Total Commander helps structure folders and files
This application is designed to organize all the files on the device. Total Commander allows you to pack and unzip folders with their contents in rar and zip formats. Also, its capabilities include editing and transferring the contents of the phone from place to place or to another device. Link to install from the Play Market.
How to increase internal memory on Android
If clearing the memory did not solve your problems, then it’s time to think about upgrading your device.
First, get an SD card. At the moment, their cost depends on the amount of memory. That is, an 8 GB card will cost twice as much a 4 GB card. Try to purchase a card with more memory than you need at the moment, as in the future you will be able to rearrange it to a new phone, and you won’t have to buy a new one.
Secondly, install the FolderMount application from the Play Market (https://play.Google.com/store/apps/details?Id=com.Devasque.Fmounthl = ru) and the 360root application, which will give your device root rights (you can download it from the official website of the developer http://360root.Ru).
- We launch the 360root application and click on the button in the middle of the screen. Done, superuser rights obtained.
Video: Combining folders
Thirdly, we’ll figure out how to increase the device’s RAM. This can be done using special programs that create a page file. For example, Ram Manager.
Modes of operation Ram Manager:
- Balance. Maximum optimization of RAM.
- Balance (with more free memory). The maximum optimization of RAM for devices with its capacity up to 512 MB.
- Balance (with more multitasking). Maximum optimization of RAM for devices with a capacity of more than 512 MB.
- Hard Gaming is a mode for those who like to launch serious games on their device that require a lot of resources.
- Hard Multitasking. This mode will optimize the operation of the device during the launch of several programs simultaneously.
- Default (Samsung). This mode is activated in devices from Samsung by default, but now it can be used on phones of other companies.
- Default (Nexus S). Mode for phones and tablets from Google.
- Default settings of your phone. This function resets the RAM settings to the “default” level.
How not to clog your phone and save system resources
To avoid problems with the free memory of the device in the future, you should follow simple rules:
- Download only what you really need. Do not fall for the big names and promises of programs that promise to speed up your device several times. They only clog the memory, which will lead to sad consequences.
- Make it a rule to transfer photos ands from your phone to a computer or flash drive once every couple of weeks. This will significantly unload the memory, and it will not end at the most inopportune moment.
- Use your memory cleanup programs regularly. For example, Clean Master. They will clear the cache and other garbage that has accumulated on your device.
- Get an SD card that will greatly increase the amount of available memory.
The availability of the device directly depends on free space. If the memory is clogged, then you can’t avoid freezes and lower phone performance. Remember that any computer device requires constant care and protection against viruses. Only if you are careful and accurate with your gadget, it will serve you for a long time and efficiently, constantly satisfying your needs.