How to Delete Files from Phone
Some time after the first power-up, too much information accumulates on the phone and there is simply no free space left for new files. Especially often, owners of budget devices on Android are faced with this problem. But not everything is so simple, all phones have several types of memory, and first you need to figure out what each of them is responsible for, and only then clean the gadget from unnecessary files and irrelevant information. What are the ways to clean or increase storage volume?
Types of memory on Android devices
Each of the memory departments has its own tasks and characteristics, which we will now understand:
- Built-in memory. This is the memory that is on the phone or tablet initially and is designed to store various files. Each device has its own hard disk, on which the operating system itself and the programs necessary for normal and full functioning are recorded. After connecting the device to the Internet, or using other methods, you can begin to fill the internal memory with everything you need: files, programs, music,, etc.
- A drive or memory card is an addition to the internal memory, which is installed separately. All Android devices have a special input for an SD card, which will increase the memory capacity by 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, or 128 GB. You can transfer personal information, media files and applications to an external drive.
If the internal and external memory is completely full, then you can no longer put anything on the device. It is also possible that the phone will begin to freeze, slow down and refuse to launch applications.
- RAM (RAM). This memory stores information about the processes that are taking place at the moment, and files copied to the clipboard. That is, if you launched a game or application, started watchings or listening to music via the Internet, then the load will go to RAM. In other words, this memory is for storing the cache. All that is in this memory is temporary files, since they will be erased after the device is rebooted or when a special button is pressed.
- ROM (ROM). Unlike RAM, it is a permanent memory on which the processes necessary for the full functioning of the system are stored. That is, the ROM is responsible for the loads associated with the operating system, and is not reset when the device is rebooted.
If the RAM or ROM is completely full, the phone will begin to freeze, slow down and stop opening applications. Also, in many devices there is a function due to which, with a heavy load of RAM or ROM, an automatic reboot and shutdown of some applications occurs.
How to see statistics on smartphone or tablet memory utilization
First, check how much and what kind of memory we have left by doing the following:
- Open your phone’s settings.
How to clear device memory
Since everyone faces this problem sooner or later, there are several cleaning methods, each of which is used for a specific memory.
Using embedded applications
First of all, we’ll take advantage of what the developers of your smartphone came up with to clear internal and external memory by following these steps:
Go to the phone settings.
lesson: leave the right one, delete the excess. How to properly clean the memory in Android
To clear RAM and ROM, follow these steps:
- Hold the “Menu” button on your device.
tutorial: clearing RAM on an Android device. Manually freeing up storage space
This method involves transferring files and programs from the internal memory to the external one, since usually the phone’s built-in memory is noticeably smaller than that which can be installed additionally using the SD card. You can transfer to external memory pictures,s, e-books and files that are not involved in maintaining the health of the phone. In general, transfer everything that does not apply to the operating system.
Open Explorer. This is an application that contains all the folders and files that are on the device.
You can also transfer part of the application to external memory by following these steps:
- Open your device’s settings.
Do not forget that you can use a computer as an external drive. To transfer files from your phone to a PC, follow these steps:
Connect the phone to the computer via a USB cable.
Extend your gadget with cloud technology
In recent years, such an Internet industry as cloud technology has been actively developing, allowing you to upload via the Internet file to the “cloud”. It goes like this:
You open one of the programs designed for cloud storage. For example, the Yandex.Disk application, which can be downloaded on Google Play. https://play.Google.com/store/apps/details?Id=en.Yandex.Diskhl = ru.
We work with third-party programs
In the Play Market, you can easily find many free programs that help you clean the phone in a couple of clicks. Now we will consider the most popular and practical of them:
Clean Master frees storage from unnecessary information
Probably one of the most famous applications, and not only in its category, as it has more than 5,000,000 installations. Clean Master offers a complete cleaning of the device from temporary files, cache, damaged and empty folders, browser history and other garbage. Also, its capabilities include automatic closing of unnecessary applications and a built-in antivirus. The application has a nice and convenient interface that allows you to clean the device with just two clicks of the “Analysis” and “Clear” buttons. Link to the installation from the Play Market.
System Monitoring in Android Assistant
Also deservedly located in the top Play Market program (https://play.Google.com/store/apps/details?Id=com.Advancedprocessmanagerhl = ru), which has a very wide list of features:
- Constant monitoring of the system, providing the user with information about the system load, memory status, battery temperature and other useful things.
- A process manager that allows you to manage running applications in a couple of touches of the screen.
- The ability to view a list of startup applications when the device is turned on and disable them.
- The App 2 SD feature allows you to quickly move installed applications from internal to external memory.
- And, most importantly, the application will allow you to clear phone memory from unnecessary files with the click of a button.
Total Commander helps structure folders and files
This application is designed to organize all the files on the device. Total Commander allows you to pack and unzip folders with their contents in rar and zip formats. Also, its capabilities include editing and transferring the contents of the phone from place to place or to another device. Link to install from the Play Market.
How to increase internal memory on Android
If clearing the memory did not solve your problems, then it’s time to think about upgrading your device.
First, get an SD card. At the moment, their cost depends on the amount of memory. That is, an 8 GB card will cost twice as much a 4 GB card. Try to purchase a card with more memory than you need at the moment, as in the future you will be able to rearrange it to a new phone, and you won’t have to buy a new one.
Secondly, install the FolderMount application from the Play Market (https://play.Google.com/store/apps/details?Id=com.Devasque.Fmounthl = ru) and the 360root application, which will give your device root rights (you can download it from the official website of the developer http://360root.Ru).
We launch the 360root application and click on the button in the middle of the screen. Done, superuser rights obtained.
Video: Combining folders
Thirdly, we’ll figure out how to increase the device’s RAM. This can be done using special programs that create a page file. For example, Ram Manager.
Modes of operation Ram Manager:
- Balance. Maximum optimization of RAM.
- Balance (with more free memory). The maximum optimization of RAM for devices with its capacity up to 512 MB.
- Balance (with more multitasking). Maximum optimization of RAM for devices with a capacity of more than 512 MB.
- Hard Gaming is a mode for those who like to launch serious games on their device that require a lot of resources.
- Hard Multitasking. This mode will optimize the operation of the device during the launch of several programs simultaneously.
- Default (Samsung). This mode is activated in devices from Samsung by default, but now it can be used on phones of other companies.
- Default (Nexus S). Mode for phones and tablets from Google.
- Default settings of your phone. This function resets the RAM settings to the “default” level.
How not to clog your phone and save system resources
To avoid problems with the free memory of the device in the future, you should follow simple rules:
- Download only what you really need. Do not fall for the big names and promises of programs that promise to speed up your device several times. They only clog the memory, which will lead to sad consequences.
- Make it a rule to transfer photos ands from your phone to a computer or flash drive once every couple of weeks. This will significantly unload the memory, and it will not end at the most inopportune moment.
- Use your memory cleanup programs regularly. For example, Clean Master. They will clear the cache and other garbage that has accumulated on your device.
- Get an SD card that will greatly increase the amount of available memory.
The availability of the device directly depends on free space. If the memory is clogged, then you can’t avoid freezes and lower phone performance. Remember that any computer device requires constant care and protection against viruses. Only if you are careful and accurate with your gadget, it will serve you for a long time and efficiently, constantly satisfying your needs.
In this practical guide, I will tell you how to uninstall an application on Android in various ways. This can be done without compromising the OS. You will also learn how to remove system (standard) and hidden applications. How to uninstall them from the internal memory or sd card.
The best programs to uninstall
Deletes standard and unnecessary applications
2. Clean Master
Allows you to clean Android from unnecessary applications, optimizes the system
3. System App Remover
Why remove apps from Android?
- The phone slows down, responds slowly to user actions. As a result, working with the phone is inconvenient, access to important functions is slowing down.
- There is not enough memory on the mobile device. This does not always happen because of the small amount of RAM, but because unnecessary applications are installed on the phone. Because of this, side and unnecessary functions work in the background.
- By removing unnecessary applications, you will focus on the most useful (of the remaining) and will not be distracted by unnecessary ones.
- Some developers introduce advertising into their products. A popup screen is displayed on the phone screen or lock screen (lock screen), which cannot be eliminated in any way, except for uninstalling the “culprit”.
Reference. Uninstallation. Removal of a mobile application (or computer program) from the operating system and from the storage device.
How to remove unnecessary applications from your phone. Through the standard application manager
You can find the section with a list of installed programs on Android at: Settings. Applications.
Standard Android Application Manager Toolkit
In the “Applications” section, you can find out how much space this or that application takes, where it is installed. In the internal memory or on the sd card. The bottom of the screen shows how much memory the phone is free and busy. By clicking on the line with the name, you will find out the cache size and data consumption in the OS.
User-installed applications can be stopped (i.E. Unloaded from memory), deleted or transferred from the phone’s memory to the sd card (which is useful if you need to free up the phone’s memory).
On the SD memory card tab, a list of applications installed on the phone’s sd card.
In the section Running. Useful information about how long a particular program is running, how much RAM is consumed. Thus, if an application is wasting resources, it can and should be deleted.
It should be noted that the standard Android tools are not suitable for mass removal of android-applications, although it is useful for a single removal of a package.
We advise you to try any third-party application manager for Android. There are a lot of cleaning programs on Google Play, and then we will consider the most sensible of them.
We delete applications through CCleaner
CCleaner is a simple but effective utility for uninstalling applications on Android. The intuitive interface allows you to delete everything unnecessary in a few clicks: applications and cache (sometimes taking hundreds of megabytes), apk installers and temporary files, other “garbage”. The full version of the application is free, but contains ads.
The sequence of steps to uninstall applications using CCleaner:
- Download and install the utility
- Go to the section through the main menu “Application management”.
- The tabs are distributed installed, system and disabled applications. Select the desired section.
- By clicking on the line with the application, information is available: name, program and cache size, installation date, version, etc.
- Select the elements and click on the Recycle Bin icon to remove programs from Android.
- Click again “Delete” and confirm the operation.
Through CCleaner, you can delete applications in batch mode, and not one by one, as the standard manager suggests.
CCleaner is suitable for regularly cleaning Android and uninstalling applications from the phone. Removing standard Android applications (such as Google Drive, Gmail) in CCleaner is not possible. Neither with root access nor without it.
Clean Master. Removal of standard and user applications
Clean Master is another program for comprehensively cleaning your phone from debris: temporary files, duplicates and remaining data, which this or that application was too lazy to remove. Clean Master does not specialize in uninstalling programs, but it includes a module called Application Manager.
Here you can batch uninstall applications on your phone. In addition, you can manage apk packages and move applications from a memory card. This will help redistribute the space and clear the internal memory of the phone.
Removing Android system applications in Clean Master is not available, you can only uninstall user programs. Installed independently.
To remove the program through Clean Master, do the following:
- Download and install the application on Android
- After starting, press the Start button
- Go to the Tools. Application Manager section.
- Push buttons “Provide” and further “Allow” in the dialog that opens
- In the Clean Master application manager, check the boxes for applications that need to be removed from the phone.
- Push button “Delete” and OK to confirm uninstallation
- If you are not sure if you want to remove the application, click “Cancel”.
System App Remover Pro
Removing Android system applications will help speed up the OS. However, it makes sense to take it only if you clearly know what you can delete. To do this, you will need root privileges and System App Remover.
We remove unnecessary applications from the phone
Through the System Applications section, you can delete what ordinary managers do not allow. However, we advise you to adhere to the recommendations of the uninstaller and deactivate only applications that have the mark “You can remove”. Otherwise, you can disable the Android OS or provoke system errors.
To remove Android system components:
- In the System App Remover menu, go to “System applications”;
- In the list, check off the items to be deleted;
- Press button “Delete”.
By the way, this method will help to remove uninstalled applications hidden in the standard Android manager, available only in safe mode. As an example, adware viruses and spyware.
Tip. If your goal is to free up space in the phone’s memory, we highly advise against removing system applications. It’s better to purchase a capacious memory card and install all applications on it.
System App Remover requires payment for its full-featured work in the pro version (in the free edition, ads are displayed at the bottom of the window). Symbolic 1.88 open access to functions:
- Management of system and user applications;
- Moving any installed application to an sd memory card or internal phone memory;
- Use as Recycle Bin for phone;
- Allows you to uninstall Android system applications;
- Batch uninstall mode: you can select only necessary applications with flags and delete them in a few taps.
- Flexible management of standard and user applications: sorting, filter by name, package name and path, search for applications and more.
Last tip: install only the necessary applications on your phone
Leave only necessary applications on your phone. Try alternatives, experiment, but always control what is installed.
If you install any program through the Google Play application, be sure to test it and make a conclusion: leave the program or delete it. On the one hand, this approach takes time and patience, on the other. You save your nerves. A phone loaded with dozens of applications will not work as fast as after a purchase.
Answers to readers’ questions
What applications can be safely removed on Android?
Note the applications that it makes sense to remove in order to increase the speed of the mobile device.
- Remove social network clients. The Facebook / Messenger application consumes a lot of memory on Android, while you are constantly distracted by notifications.
- Unnecessary user programs. Those that you installed yourself through Google Play or by downloading the apk file from an unverified source.
- Antiviruses. A controversial decision, but if you are confident in the security of your mobile device and there is no particular need for ongoing protection, remove the antivirus.
- You can remove optimizers and cleaners. Programs like CleanMaster and DU Battery Saver are useful on an occasional basis. Over time, they begin to bother and hang dead weight in the Android RAM.
- Games are not only the main time killers: they occupy a significant amount of megabytes in the memory of a mobile device.
I deleted unnecessary applications, but there some turned out to be necessary. I can’t enter the game now.
You can reinstall through the Play Store, in the My applications and games section The library you will find remote components. To install, click the same button opposite the game / application.
With the help of root rights, he began to delete system applications and accidentally deleted an important system file. The phone is constantly loading.
To fix the problem, you need to update Android or perform a factory reset (making sure that all backups are made in advance). Or, if you install the missing system library (for example, through the apkmirror website), the problem will be solved faster.
I can’t update the applications on the phone, there is not enough memory. I deleted some of them, except for standard ones. I still can’t download anything.
First tip. Buy a capacious sd card. This is the easiest and fastest way to solve the problem with missing memory on your phone. You do not need to remove applications and constantly clean the memory to “carve out” space in the internal storage.
We also recommend that you carefully read the manual on how to remove applications on Android. Perhaps you need not only the Android application manager, but something more flexible, like the uninstaller from the Jumobile developer (see above). It will allow you to delete even hidden applications on your phone, as well as Chinese or system ones.
Notifications come that there is not enough memory on the phone. I cannot delete the application or move to another location.
All applications transferred to the sd card (or even deleted user applications) can be easily returned. Just go to Google Play and search for one or another program for Android, then click on the Install button.
You can transfer applications to the sd card as follows:
- Go to Settings. Applications (Application Manager).
- Go to the SD Card or USB drive section
- Find in the list the application that you want to transfer to the sd card
- Confirm action
By the way, removing unnecessary or transferring Android system applications in this way is impossible, this will require third-party programs such as Jumobile.
Installed a memory card on a smartphone, I want to download the application. It is not installed, writes: uninstall applications, there is not enough memory.
If desired, you can remove unnecessary applications using CCleaner, CleanMaster or the application manager from Jumobile. The same utilities, by the way, will allow you to clear free space by deleting the cache, temporary files and other unnecessary data on the phone.
If the system memory is full of applications, it is better to transfer them to the sd card (I wrote above about how to do this).
I deleted some program. The message “Safe Mode” appeared on the screen.
Perhaps you deleted the system application on Android or the installed program conflicts with the phone. Restarting the device helps to exit safe mode. If you still enter this mode after a reboot, try turning off the phone and turning it on with the power button and volume down while holding down.
Tip: do not delete system or user applications on Android without knowing their purpose. Removing can lead to serious consequences: you have to, at best, reflash the phone.