How To Delete An Account On An Apple Id And Icloud Iphone
The need to delete an account on an iPhone 4, 5 or more advanced models may arise if you need to sell your phone, change your account or create a new profile with a valid email. Anyway worth read more, how to deactivate an account on iphone.
Complete removal of Apple ID
Unfortunately, completely remove Apple id by yourself impossible. The only way is to contact support. To do this, send a request and wait for a response from Apple. Previously, you could ask for account deletion by letter. After updating the site, Apple improved this option. Now in order to send an appeal, it is necessary:
- Go to the official website
- Open the “Support” section and click on the line “Contact Support”.
- Scrolling down the page, you’ll see the Apple Specialists section. Click on the blue line “Getting Help”.
- Select “Apple ID”. “Other problems with Apple ID”. “No Topic.”
- You will then be asked to briefly explain your request. It is advisable to write in English or use an online translator.
- Further, you have two options to choose from: contact now or later.
You just have to wait for a call from a specialist who will need to explain the current situation.
If there is no need to completely delete the account on the iPhone, you can simply replace the existing email. This will give you the opportunity to link another account to your email. There are two ways to do this:
- Through the official website.
- Via iTunes.
Please note that you must have access to a new mailbox. Previously, it was possible to specify a non-existent address, but now confirmation from the mail is required.
Through the official website
In order to change mail through the Apple website, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple website and scroll down to the “Manage your Apple ID” line.
- Following the link, enter your data and log in to the site. After that, answer the two security questions that you indicated during registration.
- Click on the “Change” button next to your data.
- Select “Change Apple ID” and enter a new email. Answer your security questions. If you forgot them, click “Reset”.
- After that, open the confirmation letter sent to you in the mailbox.
Done. Your account is no longer tied to your mail and you can register a new Apple id.
The second way is to release mail through iTunes.
- Open the program and click on the “Account” button located at the top of the window.
- Sign in. Skip this step if you have already logged in via iTunes earlier.
- In the same context menu, click View.
- On the right side of the window there is the line “Edit on appleid. apple.com. “
- You will be redirected to the official website, where you will have to choose the country of residence.
- After that, you need to repeat the last three steps indicated above in the instructions for the official site.
This method is not popular, because if there is a valid mailbox, users prefer to register a new account on it, rather than messing around with old mail.
- To get started, go to the settings of your device.
- In iOs 11, just click on the first line, which indicates your first and last name. In earlier versions, open the iTunes store, App Store.
- Users of the latest version of the system need to scroll to the end and click “Exit.” In previous versions, click on your Apple id and log out.
- After you log out of your account, you can connect a new one.
Changing an account takes just a few minutes. This is the easiest and fastest way to quickly delete an account on an iPhone.
An iCloud account stores a lot of your data:
When you delete iCloud, this information will be lost from your iPhone. So think carefully about whether you need to remove cloud storage for sure.
- In the iPhone settings, go to the iCloud section.
- Select the “Delete account” line at the bottom of the page.
- Confirm removal.
- The phone will ask you: save contacts and safari data on the phone or delete them. The choice is yours.
- Next, enter the password and turn off the Find iPhone feature.
After these steps iCloud will completely removed from your phone.
Consequences of deleting an account
Many iPhone users are wondering if removing the Apple id will happen. In fact, you won’t have any problems after deleting your account. You will be denied access to the App Store and some other applications, since they require an account login. If you need to log into these programs again, log in to your existing or new account.
When selling a phone, be sure to log out of all your accounts. This is necessary so that a new phone user does not gain access to your files. Completely removing the Apple id is quite difficult, but this is usually not necessary.