How to Delete a Google Account from an Android Phone
Let’s figure out how to delete a Google account on Android or stop its synchronization with the device. You will find out if you can recover your account. All step-by-step instructions are supported by illustrations and detailed directions.
Linking a Google account to an Android device is the first action that a user performs after purchasing a device. Without an established account, you cannot start using the phone. Let’s consider in more detail how to delete a Google account from an Android phone and return deleted data back.
Why delete an account?
Account deactivation is necessary if you forgot the password for accessing the old profile, transferred your device to another person, or just want to create a completely new account for convenient use of YouTube and the social network Google.
Sometimes users may encounter situations when an account is hacked. In this case, the attacker can remotely read your credit card information, logins and passwords from various sites. The only solution to the problem is deleting the profile or decoupling it from the phone.
If you do not want to unlink the account from the operating system, but you need to stop sending data and synchronizing the account with the phone, you must temporarily disable the account in the phone settings. At any time, you can re-enable the account on your smartphone.
Note! After deleting the account, it not only disappears from your smartphone, but is permanently deleted from the Google server. This means that you can no longer access your subscriptions, emails and other important data from any device and browser. If the account needs to be deleted only on the phone, it is recommended to create a second account and bind it to the device, and temporarily disable the first profile. Thus, a disabled account will remain available for use on any other gadget.
Google account deletion. Step-by-step instructions for 4 ways
There are 4 main ways how to delete google account in OS Android. Each of the methods must be used depending on the installed version of the operating system and on the availability of superuser rights.
Method 1. Via Android Settings
This method of deleting an account is simple, fast and secure. Use it in such cases:
- You have a need to erase your profile in order to remove the errors of email, calendar, and Google services that appear along with it. After a temporary deletion, the user will be able to re-authorize and use this account;
- You give your smartphone or tablet to another person and do not want him to read your messages or have access to YouTube and your social networks;
- You want to log in with a new account and there is a need to use an existing account on a computer or another phone.
As a result of this method, all settings, user data and programs in the mobile gadget will be saved. In fact, you do not delete the profile, but simply untie it from your smartphone.
Follow the instructions:
- Open the main menu on your smartphone and go to the settings window;
- Go to the “Personal” section;
- Click on the “Accounts” section;
- In the window that opens, data about the linked Google account that is synchronized with Android will appear. Click on the advanced settings button in the right corner;
- In the list that appears, click on “Delete Entry”.
- Standard Method for Deleting a Google Account
- How to delete a deleted Google account. When the first method did not help
- We remove data from the Google Accounts application
- Reset phone settings
- Deleting an account from the phone using the Root right
- How to remove the password from the phone?
Good afternoon friends. Today we will learn:. How to delete a Google account (Yandex) from your phone in seven ways. Including, if you tried to remove this account, and you did not succeed. Most people learned how to quickly create their account on various services. Including through the phone. For example, it’s quite simple to create your Google account using Android.
But, interestingly, few people have an idea how to remove it. It seems that Google does not want to let anyone go (or maybe it is so?). Although, in fact, there are a lot of methods for removing your mailbox from your phone. The whole question is that people have no idea about these methods. Yes, and Google does not advertise them.
Standard method for deleting an account from Google
This method is in Google’s instructions. It can be used if:
- It is necessary to authorize under a different account;
- You decided to remove the authorization because it will help you remove the system error on the phone;
- You give your phone to a loved one and therefore, you are not very worried about the fact that the person will have access to your personal information.
In this case, you don’t have to worry about the information on Android. When you remove the account, all its data, such as various files, programs, contacts, your settings, and so on, will remain on the device. Does this method suit you? Then go ahead:
- We enter the “settings” menu (parameters);
- We go to the “Personal” section, then “Accounts and synchronization”;
- In the left column, select our Google account;
- Tap on the record of your account, then on the inscription: “Delete account.”.
- We agree to the deletion, and if the system asks, enter the password. When the operation is completed, you need to restart the gadget.
How to delete a deleted Google account. When the first method did not help
Sometimes it happens that when you delete your mail on Google, an error appears. That is, when you delete the account on the phone, the process is not complete, and the gadget hangs until the phone is turned off. At the same time, the Google account remains in place.
What can be done in this case? Let’s consider. This case is suitable if you decide to change your account to another on the phone.
You need to start the mailbox by touching it with your finger (envelope image).
Select the mailbox settings at the top left (3 lines). Then, tap on the “Add Account” button.
Then, select “Google”.
Further, we proceed from the fact that you have a different Google account? If yes, then tap on the “Existing” button. If your account was the only one, in this case, click “New”.
With the first case, everything is clear, therefore, consider the option when you have one credential and you need to create new ones.
You need to re-enter the settings for your Gmail mailbox. In the settings you will see two accounts, the old and the new. In this case, most likely, the old account will be the main one. New, minor. So, tap on the new mail icon.
Then, click on the gear “Account Management”. In the account settings, delete the old authorization. In this case, difficulties should not arise. A newly created account becomes the only one. But, all information about the previous account should remain.
Of course, on different versions of the smartphone and operating system, this action may vary slightly. The meaning of this operation is similar in various Android firmware.
We remove data from the Google Accounts application
Let’s try to remove your account in a slightly different way. We launch the “Parameters” of our Android. Go to the “Applications” menu on the “Everything” tab.
Next, on the “Google Accounts” page, tap on the “Erase data” button (in other versions of the system, click on “Google Services”).
Reset phone settings
This is a cardinal method, applied when:
- A person cannot remember his credentials and restore them;
- Going to sell a smartphone;
- All methods discussed above do not help to delete an account;
- Malicious software appeared on the phone and the methods that we reviewed do not help.
On different versions of the Android system, this method works a little differently. We will reset the personal settings from the “Application” by selecting “Backup”.
Then “Reset with factory default settings”.
On another firmware, the section and the button may look and be called differently. On Explay Atom we go to “Settings”, then we go down and select “Recovery and reset”. In the new window, select “Reset Settings”. On Lenovo, a return to factory settings is also underway. On Samsung, this setting is in the “General” section. Then, select “Archiving and reset.” In other words, you need to get to the window where there is a function “Return to factory settings”, or something like that. Most likely, it is in the settings (gear).
When you click on this button, Android will give you a warning: “All data from the memory will be deleted.” This refers not only to Google’s account, but also to Yandex, if you have one. Also, all numbers and more will be deleted. Keep this in mind!
It happens that the gadget has password protection. If you cannot remember this password, we will reset it in other ways:
- For example, using the Recovery function. How to enter this function can be found in the instructions of the gadget.
- You can press and hold the Reset button, which is usually located on the right side of the device. But, it can be under the cover.
Also, to delete an account, you can simply reflash the smartphone. This is the same as changing the Windows computer. Of course, in this case, all information from the phone will also be deleted.
Deleting an account from the phone by applying the Root right
If you have received this right on your gadget, there are more and more methods to unregister. In this case, it is enough to erase the accounts.Db file, where the device saves the account information. To do this, we need a file manager such as Root Explorer, which has access to protected information. You can buy it in the Play Market for 175 rubles (at the time of writing).
Launch Root Explorer. We enter the daddy / data / system. Open the accounts.Db file by long clicking on it. In the new window, tap on the “Delete” button.
It is worth paying attention to:. Some smartphones with tablets very “Stick” to the person’s account. Interestingly, in this case, they will also require authorization, even after you reflash the gadget. This is a difficult case. From here, my advice to you. Write down the login with a password in several places at once. For example, in a simple notebook. In the cloud of the same Google, or Yandex. On removable phone or PC media. You can store passwords in the “Password Manager”. I recommend using the free LastPass service. It exists for a long time and has never been hacked.
How to remove the password from the phone?
It often happens that the user just needs to remove the Google password from the smartphone. To do this is quite simple:
We go to the “My Account” menu of Google.com, then go to the “Security and Login” section.
In the new window, tap on the “Password” button.
We enter the existing password so that Google makes sure that you change the password. Then, Google gives us the opportunity to change it to a more suitable one.
When you next time log in to your account or Google Play, you will need to enter your new account information. As you can see, changing the password is quite simple. The password is similarly changed in Yandex and other systems.
Conclusion: deleting an account from the phone is quite simple. Over, not only Google, but also Yandex and others. All of them are built on the same type. You can use any of the mentioned methods. I think they will help you. Good luck!