How to Crop Video on Android Samsung
Wondershare Filmora App
Wondershare Filmora is a versatile and easy-to-use video editing software that helps you instantly customize any video sequence and organize it into a modern clip on your Android phone. The app is equipped with an intuitive interface, drag-and-drop capability, widescreen support, and easy-to-use editing tools.
With it, you can create stunning home movies in minutes, absolutely hassle-free and time-consuming.!
The performance of the phone and the functions of the application can affect the processing time of the video stream. Before you figure out how to crop video on your Android, read the minimum system requirements for the application to work correctly.
Cropping video on Samsung Android
It is useless to describe the popularity of Samsung smartphones based on the Android operating system, so it is worth considering separately a way to crop a video on Android specifically on this brand of smartphones. The process is done by opening the gallery.
How to Crop a Vide on Android
- Just select your clip and click the three-dotted button (options button) that can be found in the upper right corner. Go to “Edit”, then “Studio”, then “grass trimmer video”.
- When the Samsung Grass Trimmer opens, you need to use the yellow marker to advance the video to the point where you want to cut or trim. In this case, you will have the freedom to choose the starting and ending points.
- After the process of trimming and working with the desired video clip is completed, click on the “Finish” button.
- Then a popup will appear asking you to enter a name for the trimmed video clip.
Unlike the standard Android video cropping method, Samsung does not save the automatically cropped video file. Therefore, you need to specify the desired file name and then select the “Save As” option.
Now that you have a video captured with the exact length, if you need to share it with friends, family or work colleagues, simply press the button with three dotted buttons to bring up the context menu.
Then select the “Share via” option, and the work is ready for publication and transmission via the Internet connection.
Using the built-in function of the player
The first and most affordable way that is worth mentioning is using the standard phone functions that are initially installed by default with the Android operating system itself.
- First open the default video player which can be found on your Android mobile.
- Then select the recorded clip and start playback on your Android device.
- Now you have to press the menu button. The settings menu related to video appears.
FilmoraGo is another app that can be used to crop videos on Android. The user interface is more friendly and not overloaded with unnecessary unnecessary tools.
- Open the app and start the video you need to trim.
- Then at the top of the screen towards the right side you will find a crop button.
- Click on the label and then you will need to determine the length of the video.
After completing the editing process, you will be prompted to save the clip.
Depending on the video quality, processing time may vary depending on the processor power of the mobile device.
Crop video on Android phone. top 5 best apps
There are various benefits to using an Android phone, many of which are very useful. In fact, you carry a variety of digital tools in your all the time. Using an Android phone gives you great flexibility in today’s digital world.
A sophisticated video camera is one of the “must-have” functions of a modern smartphone. For various reasons, you may need to make some changes to the recorded video clips using your Android device. Trimming and cutting are considered to be some of the most common requirements. Let’s take a look at a couple of methods you can use to understand how to crop video on Android mobile.
Using the AndroVid Video Trimmer
This example is for the case when you need to trim a video using an external application on an Android device.
First install AndroVid Video Trimmer from Google Play Store and launch it.
Once the processing is done, the system will ask you if you want to replace the original or save the resulting file as a new video. Once selected, the trimmed video will be saved to the specified location.
Just a couple of years ago, cropping a video on a mobile device was a whole problem, especially since it was slightly different on every phone. Today, thanks to the Google Photos application, such an operation can be performed not only quickly, but also quite simply and easily, no matter what device you are using (the main thing is that the operating system is Android).
How to use the Samsung Video Editor
Launch the Photos app. If not, you can download it for free from Google Play.
In fact, there are many more ways to crop a video on an Android phone, but unfortunately, it will not be possible to consider all the examples.
Using the built-in function of the player
The Android system has its own video player that any smartphone has. It may look slightly different depending on the version, but it allows you to edit videos on your phone. It is primitive, of course, to cut out some fragment with arbitrary start and end points. How to crop video on phone using player? Very simple:
- start a video;
- call the menu and select the “Trim” item in it;
- by moving the sliders along the ruler, select the start and end points of the cut-out fragment, and they do not have to be set strictly at the beginning or at the end;
- press the “Save” button, and the selected fragment will be saved as a separate video.
Of course, this is not a professional tool, and besides, it is not very convenient, but if necessary, it can help out, since it is always available on a smartphone or tablet, and no special applications are required to be installed. Although they provide much more opportunities for creativity, and if you have to do it often, then it is better to install one of the programs than to use the primitive and meager tools of a standard player.
Wondershare Filmora App
This program is a pretty advanced editor that makes it easy to edit videos on your Android phone. It has a wide range of different tools. At the same time, the application is simple enough that even an absolute beginner can work with it. Wondershare Filmora can merge multiple video files into one movie. Of course, this program is quite capable of cutting out a part, such a function is provided.
A versatile but simple enough video editor for Android smartphones. They are attracted by an intuitive menu, a nice interface, wide-format support and a number of other features and advantages.
Interestingly, with the help of this application you can not only crop videos, but also edit full-length movies directly on your phone.
The processing time of the video stream will be affected by both the performance of the device and its compatibility with the application. Because of this, on weak devices, the program may not start, or it may not work quite correctly. Make sure your Android smartphone meets at least the minimum requirements.
- open the application;
- choose a video for processing;
- press the crop button;
- set time frames for videos;
- save new file.
The principle of operation is extremely simple. You won’t have to look for anything here for a long time and you won’t have to invent anything.
A fairly popular mobile application that allows you to trim videos.
The program works quite simply. The user needs to do the following:
- install the program or update the application to the latest version;
- select a video for editing;
- click on the image of the scissors;
- choose one of 3 editing methods, this is a haircut, cropping and division;
- to remove the extra part of the video from the middle, the cropping function is suitable;
- you can also split the video, and then remove the unnecessary by cutting the video;
- then click on the save button, and you’re done.
This is not to say that InShot has tremendous capabilities in terms of a video editor, but the application does an excellent job with basic tasks. Especially if the user just needs to make a short video from a long video, or select only a small fragment and save it as a separate file.
AndroVid Video Trimmer App
Using the AndroVid Video Trimmer grass trimmer also solves the problem of cutting out any part of the video file. Actually, this is what the program is intended for. It has a very simple and intuitive interface. In addition, the application can be used as a replacement for the standard player, as well as for taking screenshots during video playback.
How to Trim Videos on the Fly on Galaxy S8, S9, S10, S10 (No Downloads)
Another popular editor that allows you to trim and cut videos without any problems.
To trim, you need to do the following:
- download the application from the Market and install it on your smartphone;
- run the program;
- wait for the scan to complete so that the software detects the presence of all videos on the device;
- select a clip that you want to process in one way or another;
- click on split mode;
- set a marker on the area where the trimmed video will start;
- put the second marker at the end of the video that you want to end up with;
- click on the scissors icon, which means the cropping function;
- wait until the end of processing.
Interestingly, at the end of the trimming procedure, the program offers to trim the selected part or delete the segment that was selected with markers.
The application also asks whether you want to replace the original video or save part of the clip as a separate file. The user must additionally specify the location to save the video. This completes the trimming.
How to crop video using programs
There are a lot of special tools on Google Play that allow you to not only crop videos on your phone, but also edit or edit large video files. There are also real video editors with great capabilities. They can not only cut out a certain fragment, but also glue the remaining parts or even help to edit a video clip with various effects.
Movavi produces a whole series of software for computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones, the task of which is to edit, process, create videos and images.
The developer’s assortment also includes an excellent program called Movavi Clips. It is designed to work on mobile devices running the Android operating system.
The application works quite simply. If you need to trim a video on your phone, just follow the next few procedures. Namely:
- open the application on Google Play, download and install on your mobile device;
- by clicking on the icon of the installed program, launch it on the smartphone, the download is fast enough;
- the main window will open, in which you need to add a video for processing, to do this, click on the plus sign, and then on the video camera image at the bottom of the screen;
- the program will offer to first select a screensaver for the video, after which you can click on the item “Start editing”;
- a drop-down menu appears to select the appropriate aspect ratio in the video clip being created;
- now start moving the video sequence to the left until the point where you need to make a cut, or you can touch the video clip in the preview menu and play it until the required moment;
- then click on the icon with the image of scissors, thereby the record will be divided into 2 parts, the extra fragment is removed by simply swiping down;
- if this is a clipping from the middle of the original video, then another cut is made, everything unnecessary is removed in the same way, that is, by swiping down;
- in the upper right corner there is an icon with the image of a floppy disk, you need to click on it to save the trimmed video;
- when you press the save button, a new window appears in which you can view the result of the work done;
- if you need to tweak and edit something, then just click on the back arrow located in the upper left of the display;
- if the result is completely satisfactory, the work is completed by clicking the “Save” button.
All videos created with this mobile app will be saved to a special folder called Movavi Clips.
It is important to take into account that the program does not touch the source code. Therefore, the original clip, from which the trimming of a part of the video was made, will remain safe and sound.
Given the huge popularity of Android smartphones made by Samsung, as well as some of the capabilities of these devices, it would be quite logical to separately consider the issue of trimming videos on such devices.
Samsung has its own unique functionality that allows you to cut video. over, it works much easier and more convenient than a standard tool on all smartphones with an installed Android mobile OS.
If the user owns a Samsung smart phone, and there is a need to cut out a part of the video, you need to do the following:
- open the gallery and select the clip that you want to trim or cut out a part of the video;
- in the open file window, click on the three dots located in the upper right corner to open the section with parameters;
- there select the item “Edit”, then go to the “Studio” section and from there to the subcategory “grass trimmer video”;
- after that, the grass trimmer for Samsung phones starts;
- the user is offered a yellow marker that allows you to move the video until the moment to trim it, or cut out a part of the clip;
- after finishing processing, you should click on “Finish”;
- after clicking this button, a window pops up, here you need to specify a name for the newly created file.
Compared to standard cropping on Android devices, Samsung devices do not save automatically cropped files. Therefore, be sure to specify a name for the video, and also click on the “Save As” button.