How to connect your smart phone to your LG Smart TV
A practical guide on how to connect the phone to the TV set LG, Dexp and other brands via Wi-Fi
Modern phones, like TVs, get more and more features. The only drawback users consider the size of the screen, but now you can fix it: just connect your phone to the TV. Below in this article we’ll look at all the ways of connecting the phone to TV, so that everyone can choose the most convenient option for themselves.
With this connection, the phone will act as a projector, which means that you will be able to use the full functionality of your smartphone on the big screen. Depending on the phone model and firmware version, the capabilities will be slightly different. But there are a few universal features that you can use when you connect your phone to your TV:
- View photos and videos.
- Listen to music.
- Create video presentations.
- Play games that are installed on your phone.
- Launch apps.
- Browse websites and “sit” on social networking sites.
- Using your phone as a remote.
- Start YouTube videos on your smartphone and they will be streamed to your TV screen.
How to use?
Instructions on how to connect your smartphone to your LG TV are in
Now get to the point. So how to connect Screen your LG TV:
- Make sure the TV has the HbbTV feature turned off;
- On the remote control, find the button with the lodge icon, signed “HOME”, press it;
- At the bottom of the screen, select the application “Screen Share” (the monitor with the phone is shown).
Now on to how to stream the picture to your TV. Let’s start with Android mobile devices. First, we need to check if your device has built-in Miracast support:
If you’ve found the feature you want, activate it. A list should appear, where you need to select your TV and click “Connect”.
Do not forget to activate Wi-Fi on your mobile device!
If such an option is not provided in your smartphone, you will need to install additional software. Go to the Play Market store, search for Miracast or Screen Share, download any app (check the rating and reviews to avoid installing something that does not work). Launch the app and follow the steps it requires.
The manufacturer claims that the LG TV can be connected to a smartphone of the same company. Co-operation with devices from other manufacturers is not guaranteed.
How To Connect LG Smart TV to Smartphone Wi-Fi Internet Hotspot
You can dub the picture and sound to your LG TV with Screen Share from your laptop or PC. Your device must be equipped with a Wi-Fi module to do this.
On a Windows 10 computer, the ability to transmit media “over the air” is called “wireless display”. How to use:
- On a PC, type the Win P key combination;
- In the right half of the monitor you will see the menu “Project”, at the bottom choose “Connect to wireless display”;
- A search will start, which will find your TV in the list, click on it;
- On the TV screen you will see a message to confirm the connection, you must click “Yes”.
Now everything you do on your computer will be displayed on your TV screen.
To transfer the picture to the TV from a PC or laptop under Windows 7, you need to install the third party software “Intel WiDi”. At present the official developer does not support the program, so I recommend you to update your OS to “ten”.
You can finish at this point. I think there should be no problems with the connection. As a last resort, try rebooting both devices. If this does not work, write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев with a full description of the situation. Let’s get to the bottom of this!
Connect iPhone to LG Smart TV. Airplay (2021)
Screen Share is a program that allows you to duplicate the image from your smartphone on your LG TV using the Miracast standard using Wi-Fi Direct technology. Use Screen Share to play mobile games on the big screen, share photos and videos with friends, surf the web, watch movies or sports games, and more.
Connecting your mobile device to your LG TV is easy:
- Press the “Home” button on the remote control.
- Launch the application “Screen Share”.
- Turn on Miracast or AllShare Cast on your phone.
- Select your TV from the device list.
Once connected, the TV screen will actually be a remote screen of your cell phone: now everything you do on your smartphone will be repeated on the LG TV screen. We recommend to set your phone to landscape mode with “Screen Share” on, and to disable the screen orientation, so you don’t have to see the screen rotated 90 or 180 degrees on your TV.
Make sure your phone is running Android 4.Version 2 or newer. It’s best to update your phone and TV to the latest OS version.
LG TV is guaranteed to connect with an LG Smartphone. Other devices may not be supported.
If the connection is intermittently lost, restart your phone and TV and try again.
Android devices can connect to many other devices: computers, monitors, and of course televisions. In the article below you will find the most convenient ways to connect Android devices to TV.
How to connect your Android phone to your TV
To connect your smartphone to the TV using special cables, you can use the following methods:
The simplest option, but the least functional. All you need is a USB cable, which usually comes with the phone.
Connect your smartphone to the TV using a microUSB or Type-C cable, preferably supplied with your Android device.
On the TV you need to turn on the mode of reading external media. As a rule, the window with the appropriate option appears when you connect an external device, in our case the smartphone.
Select “USB” or “Multimedia”.
When you have selected the appropriate mode, you can view multimedia files from your device on the TV screen.
How to connect the phone to TV via Wi-Fi Direct
Wireless connection, in which the mobile device and compatible TV are connected via Wi-Fi directly, without the involvement of the router. TV in this case acts as an access point to which the smartphone is connected. And you can send media files to the big screen using the standard “Send” menu.
What to do
- Open the network settings on your TV and turn on Wi-Fi Direct.
- On your smartphone, go to Settings → Wireless Networks → Wi-Fi → Wi-Fi Direct.
- After scanning for available devices, select your TV.
- Use the “Send” menu on your smartphone to send photos, video and audio to the TV.
Possible problems with a wired connection
It’s not uncommon for video or audio to not play when devices are paired. For example, there may be no audio track through the cinch, which rarely happens with USB or HDMI integration.
Important: Cheap Chinese TV models often come with damaged ports. In this variant it is not possible to pair the devices.
To diagnose malfunctions, you need to:
- Make sure the ports are selected correctly.
- Make sure the cable works. You can connect other devices together for this.
- Check if the TV supports the type of files downloaded to your phone. To do this, you can consult the device’s data sheet or the manufacturer’s official Web site. You can also check the file name on the smartphone itself to find out the resolution.
- Try switching the TV from MTP mode to PTP or USB mode. To do this, go into the settings of the signal source.
This way, you can eliminate most of the problems associated with connecting your phone to the TV. If a faulty connector is found during diagnosis, repair it or try to connect the equipment in other ways.
How to sync devices via Bluetooth?
This is another connection option that does not need wires. But this is only if you have Bluetooth in the TV equipment itself. Otherwise you will have to buy an additional adapter with wires.
- Install the adapter in the jack on the back of the TV.
- Download the control app on your smartphone.
- Turn on the smartphone Bluetooth and connect to the TV.
So you will be able to control TV from your cell phone, as well as view different files from it on the TV screen.
How to connect your phone to LG TV without wires
You can connect your smartphone to your TV and transfer information without using wires in several ways. It must be understood that the chosen method will determine the quality of the picture and the work of a specific application. The methods are as follows.
This connection option can only be used by subscribers whose TV is equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter with Wi-Fi Direct. You need to have a version of Android 4 on your phone.0 and higher.
Connecting a smartphone to the LG TV using this method is as follows:
- The main menu opens in the phone and you need to go to the “Settings” item;
- Select the “Wireless Networks” tab, “Wi-Fi” section;
- In the right top corner there are 3 points, click on them and select “Wi-Fi Direct”;
- The system of the device will automatically start searching for networks for connection via Wi-Fi Direct technology;
- You take the remote control and the TV opens the main menu, where you need to click on the “Network” section, the “Wi-Fi Direct” tab;
- The TV system will search for devices available for synchronization;
- From the list, select the model of the desired mobile device, the phone will prompt you to confirm the connection, you must confirm it.
After the performed actions, the smartphone and TV will synchronize. The signal from the phone will be transmitted to the big screen.
This method has significant advantages. For example, there is no need to pull wires, no need for a Wi-Fi router, the content is played in different formats, the connectors on the device are free, you can put the phone to charge.
Remember, that Wi-Fi Direct function is available only for newer phones and mobile devices. If the equipment is old you will need to use another connection method.
Miracast. Is a modern standard of information transfer, the essence of which lies in the use of wireless channels. If the TV has support of this technology, the user will be able to broadcast any content to the TV screen, spend time playing games and running applications.
When using this option, it is necessary to observe the main requirement. The TV and the gadget must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
You can connect your phone to the TV transmitter using Miracast using the following algorithm:
- Activate the TV, go to the main menu and open the settings;
- Click on the “Network” section and enable the Miracast function;
- Open the phone settings, go to the Miracast tab and enable the option, if there is no such function, you need to download from the application store the software Miracast. Wi-Fi Display;
- Select the mobile device in TV menu and confirm the connection, synchronization will start.
After the end of the connection process the data transfer from the phone will start. If the image is not displayed in full screen mode, just turn your smartphone upside down and place it in a horizontal position.
The advantage of using this technology is that the Miracast option transmits information in better quality, the sound comes in 3D, the smartphone battery drains slower than with any other option.
This feature is LG’s proprietary intelligence. It allows you to watch files, video and photos on Smart-TV transmitter from any phone. It is only necessary to observe the connection to the same local network from both devices.
When connecting, you must follow the instructions below:
- Equipment connects to the same Wi-Fi network;
- LG TV SmartShare program is installed on the mobile device;
- In the TV menu to find the item “Smart Share” and go to “Connected Device”;
- Find your smartphone in the list, connect to it.
After that, synchronization will automatically start. You will be able to view any files, photos and videos.
You Tube service is a video hosting service where you can view and download video files. To broadcast them to TV from your phone you need to do the following:
- Install the YouTube application on your smartphone;
- Start the service, go to settings, select the “View on TV” section, then follow the system prompts;
- On the TV transmitter the same program is started, in the settings it is necessary to select the type of connection “In manual mode”;
- The code from the TV display is entered on the phone, press the “Add” key;
- In presented list “Broadcast to device” choose LG TV, connection is allowed.
After that you can broadcast videos from the site You Tube on the big screen.
Connecting using DLNA
The DLNA method is only suitable for phones that use the Android system. For DLNA technology to work correctly, you need to install a special program on your mobile device, a popular application that supports this connection protocol is BubbleUPnP.
In addition to installing the program, you must make sure that your TV supports this technology. The connection between the equipment is made through a router, the TV can be connected to the home network by wire, and the smartphone via Wi-Fi. The following instructions must be followed:
- Activate the TV, the network to which it is connected must be the same as the one used by the gadget;
- Download the BubbleUPnP program if it is not already installed on your phone;
- Enter the application, click on the button with three stripes in the upper left corner and go to the main menu;
- Go to the “Library” tab and select the video files you want to view on the TV;
- After that, the TV will run the selected files.
Possibilities of connecting a smartphone to a Smart TV via Wi-Fi
Current smartphones are a full-fledged multimedia center, which can replace any other gadget to its owner, because it takes photos, video, plays music and movies with high quality. The same can be said of Smart TVs, which are quite able to cope with almost all these tasks.
And if you connect two such useful gadgets to each other, then the comfort of using them will increase several times. The advantages of this manipulation include:
- Playback of any content that is in the phone, on the big screen (videos, photos, etc.).);
- Communicating in a messenger or opening a video call on the TV screen;
- Duplication of open Internet pages in the browser;
- High-quality listening to music through the Smart TV speakers;
- Read books or show presentations, show documents.
Data transmission regardless of the selected method is fast, the picture will be clear.
And you can even control your Smart TV using your smartphone. For example, by using it as a remote control. To do this you only need to install an application called LG TV Remote. The program is freely available in stores of any OS (Android and iOS iPhone).
Changing the communication mode using apps
There is no software that can change the connection of your Android smartphone and TV-device via USB. You can change the synchronization mode on your smartphone from “USB device” to “Camera (RTR)”, and you can also set one of these modes as default in the phone settings.
Despite the many modern ways to wirelessly connect your smartphone to the TV, the most practical and secure way is still to use USB. It does not require any special knowledge, hardware and skills. But please note that this method is only suitable for viewing photos, presentations, pictures, or listening to music.
To watch video you’ll have to resort to other methods of synchronizing your devices, but if, for example, you need to show your friends photos from vacation on a big screen, you won’t find a better way.