How to connect your phone to your Xiaomi 4s TV
Xiaomi Mi4s is a complete multimedia device, which in standard usage scenarios does not require synchronization with home appliances. But sometimes the smartphone needs to be connected to the TV to access the following features:
- Viewing videos on the big screen;
- listening to music through the TV speakers;
- Gameplaying on the screen of the TV-receiver;
- The output of the smartphone desktop on the TV;
- wireless control of the TV.
The owner of Xiaomi Mi4s can add to the list presented, showing his own imagination. But the fact remains that connecting the phone to the TV is a feature that the developers have built into the Xiaomi Mi4s.
To set up the connection between the two devices, you can use several ways of synchronization. Both wired and wireless options are considered. The choice of a particular method depends on various reasons, including the technical equipment of the house, as well as the functionality of the TV. Therefore, before connecting, it is recommended to consider all possible ways to.
Connection options via wire
Wired ways to connect Xiaomi Redmi 4 to the TV are not the most convenient due to the use of cables, but at the same time, these options do not require advanced technical equipment TV-receiver.
This is the easiest way to connect your phone to the home screen. To implement it, the owner of Xiaomi Redmi 4 will need a USB cable, which comes with the device.
Next, you need to insert one part of the cable into the smartphone, and the other part of the cable into the TV receiver. After that you will need to open the TV menu using the remote control and select the USB port in the connection menu.
At the same time on the smartphone itself confirms the data exchange with the TV, selecting the connection as a media device. If everything is done correctly, the TV receiver will detect the Xiaomi Redmi 4 as an external drive, and using the remote control you will play photos, audio and video on the TV screen.
This method is more complex, but also more functional. If when connecting via USB before the owner of the devices opens a basic set of features that allow you to perceive Xiaomi Redmi 4 as an external drive, then when pairing through HDMI on the receiver screen will pop up the desktop smartphone, as well as display the actions performed on the phone. In particular, the launch of certain programs.
The difficulty of the method is that Xiaomi Redmi 4 is not equipped with an HDMI port for connection to TV. But this defect can be bypassed by using an MHL adapter or SlimPort. You can buy the appropriate accessory at an electronics store at a price of 200-300.
Connection will be as follows:
- Insert the USB plug from the MHL adapter or SlimPort into the smartphone.
- Using an HDMI cable connect similar connectors adapter and receiver.
- The TV settings open, followed by a list of available connections.
- Select the HDMI connector involved.
If everything is done correctly, the desktop Xiaomi Redmi 4 will be displayed on the screen of the TV receiver. After that you can manipulate the smartphone and the movements will be displayed on the TV-receiver.
Options for connecting via wire
Wired ways to connect Xiaomi Redmi 4X to the TV are not the most convenient in view of the use of cables, but at the same time, these options do not require advanced technical equipment TV-receiver.
This is the easiest way to connect the phone to the home screen. To implement it, the owner of Xiaomi Redmi 4X will need a USB cable, which comes with the device.
Then it is necessary to insert one part of the cable into the smartphone and the other part into the TV receiver. Then it will be necessary to open TV menu using remote control and select the involved USB-port in menu of connection.
At the same time on the smartphone itself confirms the data exchange with the TV, selecting the connection as a media device. If everything is done correctly, the TV receiver will detect the Xiaomi Redmi 4X as an external drive, and using the remote control you will play photos, audio and video on the TV screen.
This method is more complicated, but at the same time more functional. If the connection via USB to the owner of the device offers a basic set of features that allow you to perceive Xiaomi Redmi 4X as an external drive, while pairing via HDMI on the receiver screen will pop up a desktop smartphone, and will display the actions performed on the phone. In particular, the launch of certain programs.
The difficulty of the method is that Xiaomi Redmi 4X is not equipped with an HDMI port for connecting to TV. But this drawback can be bypassed by using an MHL adapter or SlimPort. You can buy the appropriate accessory at an electronics store for 200-300.
The connection will take place as follows:
- The USB plug of the MHL-adapter or SlimPort is inserted into the smartphone.
- Use a HDMI cable to connect similar plugs adapter and receiver.
- Opens the TV settings and then the list of available connections.
- Select the HDMI connector to be used.
If everything is done correctly, the desktop Xiaomi Redmi 4X will be displayed on the screen of the TV receiver. Then you can manipulate the smartphone and the movements will be displayed on the TV-receiver.
Installing different programs on the Mi TV Stick
Applications for Mi TV Stick can be installed in one of two ways.
- The first and main method involves installing the necessary software from the official Google Play store for Android devices.
- The second way is the manual installation, when the user downloads the APK installation file of an application on any verified site and then uses a file manager to download the resulting file to the device and run it.
Let’s look at these ways in the step-by-step instruction.
How to install applications through the Google Play store
- Find the store icon on the main screen.
- Open the store, in the catalog of applications or through the search form find the necessary one and click “Install”.
- After a while you will see an icon of the installed program on the main screen and you can use it.
КАК ПРОКАЧАТЬ XIAOMI MI TV 4S?
To control the console was easier, you can connect a wireless mouse via Bluetooth technology.
How to install the program from an APK file
- In order to work with APK files, first of all, you need to install “X-plore File Manager” or any similar program from Google Play on your Mi TV Stick.
Important! Mi TV Stick is not designed to install bulk games or torrent applications, so it is not recommended to install “heavy” programs to avoid errors.
To uninstall any previously installed application, use one of the following methods:
- Use your remote to select the app you need, press the “OK”/”Confirm” button for a few seconds and hold it down until the menu appears, then select “Uninstall”.
- In the “Settings” section of Ctic, go to the “Applications” section. Find the desired one in the list and click on the uninstall button.
The first step is to remove the device from the box and then fix it on the feet that come with it. The manufacturer supplies a full set of necessary fasteners along with the legs, so there will definitely be no difficulties with the installation.
Now you need to connect the device to the network and operate the remote control. In all models of Xiaomi TVs the delivery set includes a remote control that operates on two AAA batteries.
It has the keys responsible for turning the device on, confirming commands (“Ok”), step back, activation of the voice search, volume control, etc.
To turn the device on, you need to press the power button on the device, which is deservedly one of the best smart TVs, which is usually located at the bottom under the logo of Mi.
After that the synchronization of the remote control and TV begins, which requires to touch the central button on the remote control. If there is a problem with detection of the remote control, just hold down the two round buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds, and then repeat the synchronization process.
The next step is to select the region. In order to find the right option, you should scroll through the list using the special joystick on the remote control.
Then proceed to selecting the language to be used by the device. There is a wide enough set of languages, including Russian.
After that the system will ask what gadget will be synchronized with. The easiest option is with an Android smartphone, as in this case the setup process will take place in automatic mode.
If you do not have an Android phone, you will have to configure it manually.
To do this, it is necessary to connect the Xiaomi smart TV to Wi-Fi, entering the name of the home access point and the password. In order to enter the data, it is recommended to connect a wired keyboard to the device via USB. You can connect your gadget to the wired internet if you want to.
An important step is to connect to Google services, which will significantly extend the functionality of Smart TV. You will need a Google-account and e-mail Gmail, data that you enter using the virtual keyboard.
Then the system will ask you to read the user agreement. If everything suits you, then we agree to the proposed conditions.
It is not a necessary step to give permission for the choice of location. In general, it is recommended to give a resolution that allows you to make your television more functional.
Pay attention to the next step, where it will be proposed to agree with the collection of user data. This is up to you, but practice shows that it is better to give a negative answer.
Next, choose the name of the device. It can be left in its original form, or you can write the one you like.
Again comes the user agreement, but this time from Xiaomi. Agree with it necessarily.
But answering with consent to the suggestion that you can improve the performance of the product is recommended to refuse.
In order to learn as much as possible about the features of the purchased product, Xiaomi brand engineers have developed several slides.
Then you will be shown an instruction on how to change the shells using the remote control. The manufacturer offers a choice of pure Android and PatchWall. To activate PatchWall, you need to press the Mi key, and to switch to Android. on the button with a circle drawn (located on the right side).
Connecting Xiaomi Mi Box S to TV and the Internet, setting up and using the set-top box
Connecting and configuring the Mi Box S from Xiaomi is a simple procedure. However, not all users are able to cope without a step-by-step instruction. In this article we will talk in detail about how to connect the set-top box to any modern or even outdated model of TV, as well as how to configure the Mi Box from connecting to the Internet to installing applications and watching IPTV.
As noted at the beginning of the article, the MIUI 11 shell has a new option called “Cast”. If your smartphone runs this version of software or higher, then using this functionality will be the easiest way to connect to a modern TV.
No more wires or additional programs required. In just a few clicks you will quickly broadcast Xiaomi screen on TV and be able to view photos and other content.
- Swipe the screen from the top to the bottom, bring up the control curtain.
- Among the available program shortcuts, find and enable Cast mode.
- Select your TV in a new window and start streaming content.
With Smart TV, no more wires or extra costs. Of the disadvantages. there may be delays or limitations in data transfer.
Technology establishes Connect between your phone and TV without using a router or router, as required by Wi-Fi Direct.
- Visit the TV settings. Open the “Network/Connection” or “Sharing” section.
- Turn on the slider next to “Miracast. The technology may be called “Screen Mirroring”.
- On your Xiaomi phone, swipe down from the top and expand the quick access bar. In the list of features, tap on “Broadcast.
- From the list, select the TV name.
If your phone does not have this feature:
- expand “Settings”. Under “Wireless Networks,” open “Advanced Features.”
- Go to “Wireless Display.”
- Turn on the technology and look for an available TV receiver.
The location of the function differs depending on the version of MIUI installed on the device.
This technology allows you to create a connection via Wi-Fi if your TV doesn’t have Miracast.
- Activate Wi-Fi Direct in the TV settings.
- Connect your phone and your receiver to the same access point.
- On Xiaomi, go to “Settings”, go to the “Wi-Fi” tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select “Advanced Settings”.
- Get down to the “Other ways to connect” section, go to “Wi-Fi Direct”.
- It will automatically search for devices available for connection, select TV.
To find out if your TV supports direct on the manufacturer’s official website, in the datasheet or on the model page in online stores.
Chromecast and its analogs
External adapters with Wi-Fi support extends capabilities of older TVs with only HDMI ports.
- Plug it in and power it from an external charger or use the USB built into the TV. Switch to HDMI reception.
- Download the official adapter app to your phone. Software name is written in the user manual.
- After downloading and installing the software you will have to synchronize your devices.
- Go to the app and select the “Screen Broadcasting” function. Find the adapter in the list of available connections.
- The picture will be displayed on the screen.
Setup sequence depends on adapter selected.
This protocol makes a media server out of your phone. This connection method is only available on devices with Smart TV.
- Download the DLNA software to your smartphone: BuubleUPnP or similar is good.
- Launch software. On the first page, turn on local detection by clicking on the screen icon with the network.
- Connect your TV to the same access point as your phone.
- Download DLNA server viewer software from the app store. LG’s software, for instance, is called Smart Share.
- Open BuubleUPnP on your mobile device (as an example) and expand the menu.
- Select the gear icon at the bottom.
- Scroll down the menu to “Local and Cloud” and open it.
- Turn on “Enable remote browsing”. Then go to “Configure media allowed for remote browsing” below.
- Check the type of content to share with other devices.
- Launch the DLNA server viewer app on your TV and search for the name of your smartphone there.
- View the files available in the internal memory of your device.
Technology uses data streaming to transfer a file, putting extra load on your router.
Outputting an image via Bluetooth is suitable for viewing a photo or an image. BT has slower data transfer speeds than Wi-Fi, down to 2Mbps for Bluetooth 5.0 and up to 150 Mbps for the outdated 802 Wi-Fi standard.11n.
Connecting the Xiaomi to your TV via BT is like this:
- Turn on Bluetooth on the TV and the cell phone;
- find the TV in the BT list on your phone and pair them;
- Go to the “Wireless Monitor” tab, as described in the “Miracast” section of this article.
If you do not have built-in Bluetooth you can buy an external adapter. BT is most often used for audio transmission.
Step by step connection of Xiaomi phone to TV
Connecting the phone to the TV, the user can view on the big screen photos and videos stored in the memory of the device, to run presentations, or play, using the gadget as a console. Also, if Smart-TV is not available, connecting to a mobile device can help you use digital TV.