How to Connect Xiaomi Mi Band
Xiaomi fitness bracelets are especially popular among young people, people involved in sports and those who lead an active lifestyle.
We will be happy to help make friends with an unusual, at first glance, and practical gadget to track and keep statistics of your physical activity. In this article, we will consider frequently asked questions, tell how the Xiaomi mi band bracelet works, instruct the registration procedure, and the features of connecting the bracelet to a smartphone.
Opening the box, you will find the tracker itself, instructions (in which you can learn in detail how to use the Xiaomi mi band), a strap made of durable silicone and a USB charger.
Before turning it on for the first time, we recommend recharging the bracelet by putting it on charge for several hours, since most gadgets come with a battery charge of only 1-2%. Remember that you can only charge the tracker with a complete charging cable, otherwise it can easily burn out.
To get started, you need to carefully remove the tracker from the strap and insert it into the charger. It is important to make sure that the contacts are in close contact with each other. Then you should find a free 2.0 USB port of a personal computer and insert the charger connector into it. You can also insert charging into any other USB adapter with amperage. No more than 1A (use of more powerful adapters is not recommended, in order to avoid damage by excessive current). If you did everything correctly, then the indicators on the bracelet will begin to glow.
When you first charge, the device must be left connected to the network for 2 hours, to pump the battery in the future. It takes much less time to fully charge. In order to find out how much the Xiaomi mi band is charging, indicators are located on the tracker that indicate the battery charge level:
If the first is lit. This indicates a level of 30%;
Two. Notify about 60% of the charge;
When all three indicators are lit, this indicates a full charge;
Register and install the application
In this section, you will learn how to connect the Xiaomi mi band to a smartphone after doing just 3 simple operations.
2. Second, after installing the application, registration for connecting a personal account follows. We offer you several options on how to register Xiaomi mi band and start using :: via a browser or in a proprietary application.
To register in the browser, you need to open the official Xiaomi website and fill out the form. Optionally, you can register by phone number instead of an email address. To do this, select “Create using a phone number” at the bottom of the page. Next, going to a new page, you need to think up a password and enter it twice, it should consist of Latin letters and numbers (more than 8 characters), after which you will need to enter the text from the picture to confirm that you are not a robot.
That’s all, login. The specified phone number or email, and the password. System password that was invented in advance.
When registering through the application, everything happens in the same way.
3. The third step is to connect the tracker to the smartphone. To do this, turn on Bluetooth in the phone’s settings and go to the previously installed “Mi Fit”. It is necessary to go into the settings menu, find the item “Pair”, which is located at the very bottom and create a pair with your bracelet. All pairing tips will be cocked onto the smartphone screen, you just need to follow them. In seconds, the Xiaomi Mi Band Black fitness bracelet will be synchronized and ready to use.
If you lead an active lifestyle, track the rhythm of your activity and count the number of steps taken per day. Smart bracelet will be your best personal assistant in this.
Before you connect Mi Band 4 to your phone, you need to look at the characteristics of the smartphone. The manufacturer indicated the parameters of the mobile device, in which it is possible to connect the fourth device from the Xiaomi Mi Band family:
- OS support. Android 4.4 version and higher, IOS. 9 and later modifications;
- Bluetooth is version 5.0, although earlier versions are supported.
How to connect to a Mi Band 4 phone: step-by-step instructions
The information provided will be useful for owners of mobile devices on the Android and IOS platforms, since the official application for the fitness tracker supports these platforms.
Instructions for connecting and configuring
Mi Band 4 is connected to a mobile phone using the Mi Fit application, which can be downloaded from the Google Play or AppStore markets. And also. By scanning the QR code, which is available in the instructions for connecting and setting up the bracelet.
If the application is being installed for the first time, you must create an account. In addition, the program, in addition to standard parameters (such as username and password), will request data on height, weight, and of course the gender of the owner of the portable device. Monitoring the indicators of activity, heart rate and activity of the owner of the tracker, as well as monitoring the phases of sleep, depends on the reliability of the entered data.
Once the application is installed on your smartphone, you must do the following steps:
- Turn on “Blue Tooth” in the phone.
- Go to the Mi Fit app.
- Register by creating a new account, or log into an existing one.
- Initiate a device search (it’s better to place the bracelet next to the mobile phone).
- Choose a bracelet Xiaomi Mi Band 4 by clicking on the image of the bracelet.
- Wait until the synchronization of the two devices is completed (the process is displayed on the smartphone screen and tracker display).
After the connection is completed, the gadget is ready to use.
How to connect a fitness tracker to another phone
In the case when you need to connect the Mi Bend 4 smart device to another phone, you need to interrupt the contact with the connected mobile device. Otherwise, the bracelet will only “see” the phone to which it is initially attached. You can untie the fitness tracker in the following way:
- Go to the Mi Fit app.
- In the profile tab, select “Settings.”
- At the bottom of the screen, tap on the “Disable” button.
- Confirm your decision.
After disconnecting the portable device, it can be connected to another phone, following the instructions for connecting and configuring the gadget described above.
How to connect the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 bracelet to a computer
Directly connecting the device via a USB cable does not work, since the gadget does not provide support for Windows and other operating systems installed on the computer. But still there is the possibility of tying the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 fitness tracker. There are several ways.
- Using a smartphone. Connect the mobile phone to a computer or laptop to recharge via a USB cable. When connected, the phone displays options for using a USB connection. You must select “Transfer data to PC”, after which the device appears in the connected devices on the computer. Thus, the user gets access to the phone’s memory and its functionality. After that, you should find the Xiaomi Mi Band 4 bracelet in the connected smartphone on the computer.
- Using emulators such as Bluestacks and Nox App Player. After downloading one of them on the computer, and installing this program, the owner will have access to all applications of the Android or IOS platform that are installed on the smartphone, including Mi Fit. This allows you to use your computer to control your fitness bracelet.
How to connect Mi Band 4 to Samsung Health
Before connecting the fitness tracker to Samsung Health, you need to make sure that the following applications are installed on the smartphone:
- Mi Fit.
- Google Fit.
- Health Sync.
Connecting a portable device to Samsung Health can be done by performing the following manipulations:
- Log in to all three applications.
- Synchronize all three programs, providing access to data.
Thus, Mi Band 4 connect to Samsung Health.
In the last couple of years, almost every major manufacturer of equipment has introduced at least one own accessory. A fitness tracker, or fitness bracelet. Among the entire mass of products released, there are high-quality devices for sports, such as 2 modern gadgets from Xiaomi, and one of them is the Xiaomi Mi Band bracelet. Its main advantages are wide functionality, a pleasant price, as well as practicality and good looks.
The Mi Bend delivery set is classic here. In the gray cardboard box are the capsule of the bracelet, a strap made of high-quality rubber for it, a cord for connecting to a PC and charging the device and instructions.
- Turn on the fitness bracelet
- Connect the Xiaomi bracelet to your account
- Personal data settings
- How to connect a fitness bracelet
- Program interface and gestures Mi Band 1s
Turn on the fitness bracelet
Before you turn on the Mi gadget for the first time, you must first charge it. To do this, find on the capsule of the bracelet two small metal contacts (on the side) and insert it into a special socket for recharging on the USB cable. After that, we connect the cord to the computer or through the “cube” to the outlet and wait a couple of hours. When the indicators on the bracelet stop blinking and just turn on, this means that the tracker is fully charged and ready to go.
While charging, download the program called Mi Fit from Google Play or the App Store (depending on the operating system). This application allows you to control the bracelet and use its functions to the maximum.
Connect the Xiaomi bracelet to your account
To start fully using the fitness tracker, you first need to register your account through the Mi Fit mobile application downloaded earlier, or through the PC’s Internet browser. Through the browser, you can register by going to the official website of the company and registering there an email address, date of birth and choosing a country of residence. We also recommend that you uncheck the box that offers you a subscription to Chinese news (you will see this option when registering an account).
In addition, you can use your phone number instead of an email address to connect. To do this, click on the special item at the very bottom of the registration page. After all the necessary steps are completed, you will be prompted to come up with a password and enter a verification code. Then we log in using your username and password.
When registering through the application, everything is also very simple. A similar scheme, but it is better to use e-mail, since for Russians the possibility of registering with a mobile phone number is not yet provided.
Personal data settings
To configure the Mi-tracker correctly, you need to connect the bracelet to the application. To connect correctly, log in to the Mi Fit program, fill out the second questionnaire, writing down personal data such as gender, nickname, weight and height, as well as the desired number of steps that you plan to take in a day. In any case, all this data can be changed later.
How to connect a fitness bracelet
Now you need to understand how to connect the Mi Band to your smartphone. To do this, you need to synchronize the tracker itself, the program and the account that we created. We turn on Bluetooth on the phone and follow the recommendations of the connection program:
- Click on “Connect device.”
- Choose the type of accessory to connect. Band.
- The application will ask you to click on the bracelet. Do this or lightly tap it with your finger.
- When the operation is completed successfully, the program will inform you about it.
Also, the instruction of Mi Band 1s says that after the bracelet was attached to the phone, it will automatically update its firmware to the current version. During the update, keep the Xiaomi tracker closer to the smartphone, and after the process is completed, you will see the user interface of the program on your iPhone or Android.
Program interface and gestures Mi Band 1s
In the Mi Fit program itself, there will be sections such as “Activity”, “Profile” and Notifications. The user will be able to view the following information:
- The number of steps taken per day with hourly statistics.
- Statistics of past periods of activity.
- Sleep statistics: phases and their duration, awakening and so on.
The manual for using the Mi Band 1s bracelet states that you can track the dynamics of measurements of the weight of the owner. There are also indicators such as body mass index (BMI) and a comparative weight chart for the selected period. You can enter and track data from multiple users.
The achievement bar displays data on the distance traveled and the number of steps taken during the day or a certain period. You can share your results with friends using instant messengers. To do this, just click on the special button.
User can use function “Run”, by activating GPS. Wait until the satellite icon turns green and feel free to click on “Start”. While you are running, the Mi Fit app will display basic workout data and also show a map. Hold button “Pause” and the function will be stopped. Subsequently, you can view all the information in the program.
If you have Mi Band 2, then you can view the number of steps taken on the display using a special gesture. As if watching the time on the clock. If Mi Band 1s. Using the same gesture, however, here we determine by the indicators:
- Do not glow. Even a third of the set value of the number of steps has not yet been completed
- One indicator blinks. than 30% passed;
- Two indicators blink. You have completed more than 2/3 of the planned number of steps.
When the goal is reached, you will feel the vibration of the bracelet, and the LEDs on it will flash. When performing the above gesture, two extreme indicators will blink, and if all three LEDs blink, the target is exceeded!
In addition to all this, the Mi bracelet is equipped with features such as an alarm clock, notification of an incoming call and notifications from applications. The device is protected from dust and moisture according to the IP67 standard, and also has good wear-resistant qualities.
Now you know how to connect Xiaomi Mi Band to a smartphone and how to set it up. Have a question? Wristband Mi Band 1s does not connect to iPhone or Android? Write in the comments.