How to Connect Watch to iPhone
For several years in a row, so-called smart watches have been available for sale. Wrist watches with a very wide range of capabilities. They found their audience among young people, and among business people, and among especially caring parents. Such watches are many times more reliable than a regular smartphone and are not able to send spam. The only problem is how to connect the smartwatch to the phone. But its solution can be found below.
Why do we need smart watches and is it worth buying them?
What to choose a child. Smart watch or phone? This is the most pressing issue among parents who worry about the safety of their offspring, who want to control their movement and keep in touch. Today, there is already a large selection of smart watches that support a SIM card, which means that they can work autonomously without a smartphone, or you can purchase a more familiar model and synchronize it with your phone. If we are talking about buying for a child, then the advantages of a watch over a phone are as follows:
- A child can always wear a watch on his hand, therefore it is less likely to be lost and the child will not miss a single message.
- A smart watch is a more reliable and durable gadget, while a smartphone can crash even from a fall from a 10-centimeter height.
- The smart watch does not have such a thing as “the battery suddenly died”, which allows you to keep in touch with the child at any time.
- Although modern watches have a number of useful functions, with their help the child will not be able to sit on banned sites on the Internet or receive spam.
In addition, the synchronized clock with the phone gives parents the opportunity to:
- Be aware of the current location of the child;
- Receive emergency signals from the baby, for which he just needs to press just one button;
- Learn about removing the gadget from your hand;
- Send notifications and text messages to the watch;
- Create a call restriction.
The only drawback of smart watches for a long time was the high price. But as soon as well-known Chinese companies connected to their production, a lot of affordable models appeared, which in their functional properties are in no way inferior to branded gadgets.
How to connect a smart watch to a phone?
Smart watches necessarily have software that provides synchronization with the phone. However, note that some watches can be connected either to the Android system or to iOS, although many models are equally easy to connect to all smartphones. Be sure to check this question before buying, otherwise you will have to buy a new phone to connect to a new child’s watch.
How to connect the watch to a phone with Android operating system?
- Download the special Android Wear app from the Play Store to your phone.
- Launch the application on the phone at the same time and turn on the clock.
- In the application settings, click “Configure” and the phone will automatically display the names of the clock. Click on the name you need.
- On the phone screen and the new gadget codes will be displayed. If they match, click “Connect” and wait for the process to complete.
- If the codes do not match, try the procedure again.
Then you just have to follow all the instructions that the application will display on the phone screen and configure all the necessary clock management settings.
How to connect the watch to a phone with iOS?
You can synchronize your iPhone with such a clock in a similar way.
- Download the Gear S3 application to your computer, download it to your smartphone via iTunes, and start synchronization by simply clicking the “Connect” button.
Now the smart watch and phone will always be in touch, only if you yourself do not want to disconnect them and if the Internet does not disappear on the phone. At the same time, the watch itself will always be in touch, since they are able to transmit a signal using a regular SIM card. Smart watches can even connect to a wi-fi network, which further expands their capabilities.
Can I connect several hours to one phone at once?
Parents with many children can buy smart watches in bulk, because for their control you will need only one phone. How to do it?
- Open the Android Wear app on your phone.
- Next to the name of the already connected watch, find the arrow pointing down, and click on it.
- You will see the New Clock menu, following the instructions of which you can synchronize your phone with another gadget.
- If you want to connect the third clock. Repeat all of the above. There are no restrictions on the number of connected smart watches on the phone or application.
Despite the huge variety of manufacturers and design of smart watches, you can easily choose the right model that will best meet your expectations. Find out how to choose a smart watch here.
This article describes how to prepare your new Apple Watch for iPhone.
To set up and use the Apple Watch, you need an iPhone with the latest version of iOS.
WatchOS 6 is compatible with Apple Watch Series 1 and later. Upgrading to watchOS 6 requires iPhone 6s or later with iOS 13 or later.
Also, make sure that iPhone is turned on with Bluetooth and that you are connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
If the Apple Watch is already set up, but you want to use it with another iPhone, you can transfer the settings and contents of the Apple Watch to the new iPhone.
Turn on and put on your Apple Watch
To turn on the Apple Watch, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears. This may take several minutes.
Bring Apple Watch to iPhone
Wait until the message “Use your iPhone to set up these Apple Watch” appears on the iPhone screen, and then click Continue. If this message does not appear, open the Apple Watch program and click Create Pair.
Before completing these steps, the Apple Watch should be near the iPhone.
Place iPhone over animation
Position the watch dial in the center of the viewfinder on the iPhone. Wait for the message that the pair with the Apple Watch is created.
If you are unable to use the camera, click “Pair With Apple Watch Manually” and follow the on-screen instructions. Find out what to do if the i icon is not displayed.
Set the clock as new or restore its data from a backup
If this is your first Apple Watch, click Configure Apple Watch. If not, select a backup. When prompted, update watchOS on the Apple Watch to the latest version.
Review the Terms and Conditions document and click Accept, then click Accept again to continue.
Sign in with your Apple ID
When prompted, enter your Apple ID password. If this request does not appear, you can sign in later in the Apple Watch program: select General Apple ID, then log in. Some features that require a mobile phone number will only work on Apple Watch with cellular support after logging into iCloud.
If the Locator program is not configured on the iPhone, a request appears to enable the Activation Lock feature. Displaying the “Activation Lock” screen means that the Apple Watch is already tied to an Apple ID. To continue setup, enter the email address and password for the corresponding Apple ID account. If the Apple Watch previously had a different owner, you may need to contact him to unlock the activation.
Apple Watch shows which settings are used with the iPhone. If your iPhone’s Find, Location Services, Wi-Fi Calls and Diagnostics options are enabled, they’ll automatically turn on for Apple Watch.
You can select other settings, such as Route Tracking and Siri. If Siri is not already configured on iPhone, it will turn on after selecting this option.
You can skip creating a password, but it can come in handy for features like Apple Pay.
On iPhone, click Create Password Code or Add Long Password Code, then enter a new password on Apple Watch. To skip this step, click “Do not add password code.”
You will also be asked to set up Apple Pay by adding any card.
Select features and programs
Step-by-step instructions for setting up features such as SOS and Activity are displayed. On Apple Watch models that support cellular, you can also set up cellular.
Then you can install Apple Watch compatible software.
Wait for device synchronization to complete
Depending on the amount of data available, synchronization may take some time. While you’re waiting for the clock to sync, check out the Apple Watch Basics document to learn more about their capabilities.
Keep your devices close to each other until you hear a beep and you feel the ripple of the Apple Watch. Then press the Digital Crown.
For users who have just purchased a smart watch, the relevant question is how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone. These two devices are designed to synchronize with each other. After pairing, information about the device will be displayed on the watch’s screen, notifications about calls and messages will come, you can track steps taken, monitor your health and much more.
- Preparing Apple Watch and iPhone for syncing
- Step-by-step instructions on how to connect your Apple Watch to iPhone
- How to connect and sync Apple Watch to iPad?
- Problems and solutions
- Apple Watch does not turn on
- No watch pairing with iPhone or iPad
- Clock password required
- Activation lock is on the watch screen
- There are no notifications on the watch
- Pairing with multiple Apple Watch
Preparing Apple Watch and iPhone for syncing
Before synchronization, you need to prepare devices. You need to check if the latest version of iOS is installed on the iPhone. If the operating system is outdated, you will not be able to link the devices.
To bind the watch, you need to turn on Bluetooth on the phone. It is also necessary that the smartphone is connected to the network via Wi-Fi or through a mobile operator.
Step-by-step instructions on how to connect your Apple Watch to iPhone
After preparing the devices, you must go directly to synchronization. We will describe in detail how to connect the new Apple Watch to iPhone.
- The watch must be put on your hand and turned on. In order to turn it on, you need to hold the power button for several seconds until the logo appears on the screen.
- Gadgets should be as close as possible to each other.
- After a few seconds, the message “Use iPhone to set up Apple Watch” will appear on the screen.
- Until pairing is complete, they should be nearby.
- At this stage, an animated picture should appear on the watch screen, which must be read by the camera.
- Two setting options will appear. Either configure Apple Watch as new if you purchased them new, or restore the backup if you already used the device.
- The next step is to enter your Apple Id password.
- In the settings, select which functions of the phone should work and be displayed on the device.
- Apple Watch prompts you to set a password. If you do not want attackers to gain access to your data, use the password setting. If desired, this procedure can be done at any other time.
How to connect and sync Apple Watch to iPad?
You can establish pairing not only with iPhone, but also with iPad. Connecting is as simple as using an iPhone. Just follow a few simple steps.
- Turn on the clock using the “Power” button, which is located on the side.
- A message appears on the screen where you need to select the interface language.
- Confirm the synchronization of the two devices.
- Follow the tooltips that will appear on the display.
- The iPad camera must be placed above the watch for pairing to complete successfully.
- After all the steps done, you can come up with a password for your watch.
Problems and solutions
Sometimes, pairing Apple Watch and a phone can cause difficulties. Do not immediately fall into despair, as for many problems there is a suitable solution.
Apple Watch does not turn on. No watch pairing with iPhone or iPad
Unsuccessful pairing can be for several reasons. Perhaps on the iPhone or iPad, Bluetooth is simply disabled. Also, synchronization will not be established if an up-to-date OS version is installed on the device.
Clock password required
When trying to pair, you may need to enter a password. This means linking to another device. To synchronize with your iPhone or iPad, you need to reset the data from the clock, and make a new setting.
Activation lock is on the watch screen
Activation blocking can only be for one reason. The gadget has remained tied to Apple Id from another iPhone. If you bought the device by hand, you will have to contact the former owner to find out all the necessary data.
There are no notifications on the watch
Notifications may not come if the smartphone screen is activated. In this case, all messages will be displayed only on the iPhone. It is also possible that communication between gadgets is lost if the distance between them is too large.
Pairing with multiple Apple Watch
On iPhone, you can pair with several Apple Watch at once. You need to perform all the same actions as for synchronizing one watch. When “Create a pair with another watch” appears on the screen, confirm the action. And follow further prompts on the screen. Thus, you can connect several smart devices to your phone at once.