How to Connect USB to TV
Inquiries on the topic of how to connect a laptop to a TV via wifi are gaining more and more popularity. We will explain how to correctly connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi without a cable and without loss of image quality (Figure 1).
Basics of connecting a laptop to a TV
A very common question among computer users is how to connect a TV as a monitor via wifi. The idea of broadcasting an image from a small screen to a wide diagonal of TV attracts moviegoers and gamers. Of course, buying a specialized widescreen monitor for watching downloaded movies, games or listening to music is unreasonably expensive. Since almost every apartment has a plasma TV, they can be easily used instead of a monitor. On a wide diagonal, the picture looks more realistic, and the viewer receives several times more emotions from viewing. However, you do not always have special HDMI system cables at hand to connect, and a personal computer may be located too far from the monitor. The wired connection is out of date, so we will explain how to connect the laptop to the TV via wifi. You can also study our article on how it is possible to find out a password from Wifi if you forget it.
Smart TV is an actively gaining popularity of digital monitors, the main principle of which is to connect to the Internet. Connecting a laptop to smart TV via wifi is not difficult, since each of them is equipped with a powerful Wi-Fi module. It should be remembered: for pairing, both the computer and smart TV must be connected to one router (one network). The principles of connecting the screen to Wi-Fi vary, depending on the brand of the manufacturer. Our article provides instructions for Smart TV from such world-famous and popular companies as Samsung, LG and Sony, as well as the features of connecting Windows 10 (Figure 2).
Samsung Connectivity Features
To connect the Samsung TV to the laptop via wifi, you should use special programs: for example, samsung Allshare PC (Figure 3). The algorithm for connecting a laptop to a Samsung TV via wifi is as follows:
- Go to the “Menu” in the settings, select the “Network” section, then “Network Settings”, where we click on the “Start” button. After the list of possible connections appears, select the network and enter the security password (if installed);
- In the settings of the PC or laptop, go to the “Network” section and connect to the same network as the TV;
- From a personal computer, go to the browser on the manufacturer’s official website, select the model and download the Allshare PC extension for it for free. Then the program should be installed and proceed to the configuration. If both devices are connected to the same router, then this will be displayed in the program menu. Combine devices by checking the corresponding box;
- On the PC, a folder is created and indicated in the “Device List” menu, the files from which will be broadcast on the plasma screen;
- On TV, go to the standard program Allshare Play. In the left side menu, select the type of media file that you want to run (for example, “music” or “video”). The program displays the available folders and folder contents.
Sony Connection Features
To connect your laptop to your Sony TV via wifi, you should use the special Wi-Fi Direct program. The connection is as follows:
- Go to the “Explorer” on the PC and select the “Network” option. After the announcement “Network discovery and file sharing are disabled” appears, right-click on it and select the “Enable.” option. Access to the media files on your computer will be open. Then, in the message that appears, select the option “Create a private network”;
- Switch the network value in the settings to “Home”;
- Activate the Wi-Fi Direct program in the TV settings by clicking on the “Home” tab. By clicking on the tab indicated by the suitcase icon, enter the “Network” section. Activate the “Built-in Wi-Fi” and “Wi-Fi Direct” modes;
- Go to the TV menu “Wi-Fi Direct Settings”, where we select the desired object from the available for pairing;
- Connect devices.
The advantage of Wi-Fi Direct is that it does not require internet to connect the plasma to the laptop / smartphone. Thanks to the built-in software, connecting a laptop to a Sony TV via wifi is very simple.
LG Connection Features
Smart TV from the manufacturer LG has a built-in program for transmitting images from a PC / laptop to TV. LG Smart Share. To connect your laptop to your LG TV via wifi, use the following algorithm:
- Download the free LG Smart Share application from the official site;
- Upon completion of installation and launch of the program, a window will be displayed in which different categories of multimedia files (“music”, “video”, “photo”) will be indicated. Choose one of the categories. Immediately after this, an automatic search will be performed for all files on the computer;
- We create separate folders to make it easier to find the necessary files and open sharing;
- Go to the menu on the TV and select the “Smart Share” option;
- Go to the tab “Connected devices” and select from the list the name of the network to which the PC is connected;
- After connecting the devices, go to “All folders” and select the media file of interest.
Setting up translation from PC / laptop to the screen from the manufacturer LG is very simple and does not require a long study of the instructions. Note that LG Smart Share also works without restrictions on Smart TV from the manufacturers described above. Sony and Samsung. The principle of operation remains unchanged. Using this application, you will significantly save both your time and the money that you could spend on buying an HDMI cable.
Connect from Windows 10
Connecting Smart TV to a computer running Windows 7/8 / 8.1 is significantly different from connecting to the latest version OS. Windows 10 has a built-in transfer of multimedia files to any object over the network, as well as broadcast to two screens at once without the help of third-party programs. Windows 10 devices can be connected to the TV via wifi in the following ways:
- We connect the PC and the monitor to the same network;
- Go to the computer control panel, select “Multimedia Streaming Settings” and enable the transfer option in the window that appears;
- Configure the name and list of devices that have access to the network. It is worth noting that each device in the list can be configured individually;
- On TV we go into the shared data folder and enjoy watching.
To broadcast the desktop to an external screen, the following settings are provided:
- Press the Win P key combination, a menu will appear in which you should choose one of the four image transmission options.
You can transfer an image to a monitor even without settings: just right-click on the file and select “Transfer to device”.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct and WiDi
As you can see, there are a lot of methods to connect TV to a laptop via wifi. Confused wires, inconvenient cables and dozens of adapters are replaced by a wireless connection. The most popular systems are DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct (as we wrote earlier) and WiDi. What is the principle of their work?
- DLNA is a system that allows you to pair compatible devices and transfer content at maximum speed between them. It works on the basis of Wi-Fi connecting all devices to one network. Over, the devices can be completely different: from a tablet and a smartphone, ending with the X-box console and printers. Applicable for both home and work use. The previously known LG SmartShare and Samsung AllShare are based on this system. To share files, each folder is opened on the computer separately. However, by default, the server searches for files in the root folders of the My Documents group.
- Wi-Fi Direct is a system thanks to which two or more devices can directly connect to each other without an additional router link. It has a separate resemblance to Bluetooth, but many times higher in speed and connection quality. Even if there is no Internet, you can connect the laptop to the TV via wifi direct, creating a special home network.
- WiDi is a system created by Intel to transfer data from smartphones, tablets, laptops and other portable devices to the Smart TV screen. With its help, you can transmit “surround” sound and view full-size (full HD). The most suitable option for a home theater.
Connecting TV to a laptop through third-party programs
In addition to the standard system settings and the applications discussed earlier in the article, you can connect TV to a laptop via wifi using the following wireless transfer standards:
- Home media server (Home media server). The most popular application among users, downloadable for free. The server converts the multimedia files sent to the screen into a supported format. Powered by DLNA system.
- Miracast is the second most popular free program running on the Wi-Fi Direct system. Connecting without the Internet. Using this application, you can broadcast not only images ands, but also the desktop of the device from which playback is being performed. This function works in the reverse order. The screen image can be transferred to a computer or phone. The advantage is that the connection works quickly and smoothly even when transferring “heavy” files and supporting 3D format.
- Wild Media Server is a paid program that combines the advantages of two previous applications. Powered by DLNA system.
You decide which program to use and how to connect the laptop to the TV via wifi yourself. You can find programs in our section of programs for Windows. Each of the applications has a number of advantages and disadvantages. In this article, we examined how to transfer images from a PC to a TV and answered all questions about how to connect a laptop to a TV via Wi-Fi.
Phone and TV seem to be completely different, incompatible things. But, time is running forward, and technology and communication technology and image transmission are changing. Today, many want to know how to connect the phone to the TV via usb for the following reasons:
- The need to watchs when a user visits different sites, especially YouTube. It is better to watch high-quality on a large screen;
- Desire to view photos. The small screen of the mobile phone does not allow to evaluate the contents of the picture;
- The desire to get good impressions of colorful games launched from the cellular;
- The mismatch between storage capabilities and playback capabilities of high-quality material by mobile phones.
The fact is that the better the, the larger the file size. Modern phones are endowed with significant amounts of internal memory and support flash drives to increase it. They can store first-class movies. But, movies should not be watched on mobile, as modern TVs use new technologies for processing frames and images. Screen size allows you to clearly see what is happening.
Compare the impressions left after watching a Blu-ray movie if the diagonal is respectively 70 and 3 cm. (See photo)
But on TVs there is no way to store files. Therefore, in order to enjoy the movie or being watched, it is necessary to show the file on a television screen. In this case, the smartphone must be connected to a suitable port.
Ports of this type are common, so the answer to the question. Is it possible to connect the cell to the TV via USB. Obvious. Today it is possible. The basic methods are described below.
Display of what is happening on a smartphone with a TV screen
Suppose a person needs to visit some sites in order to have a good look at their contents, or play on a wide screen, using only a mobile and television source. Roughly speaking, a person wants to reproduce the contents of a telephone display on a TV screen. Suppose the phone has a microusb connector and the TV has an Hdmi connector. This situation happens often. To solve the described problem, you need to use a cable or a microusb-hdmi adapter, by the following sequence of actions:
- Connect the cable to the hdmi television connector;
- Turn on the TV;
- A menu will appear. Click on the media device item;
- Choose the appropriate hdmi output;
- We start actions with the phone.
Thus, the owner of the smartphone performs the desired actions, and their result shows the TV screen.
When choosing an adapter, you should pay attention to such parameters as the type of signal, supported resolutions, surround and compressed sound channels, and manufacturing material. Also, compare the number of contacts of the adapter and the telephone cable. It is advisable to purchase an adapter with the MHL standard, which is specially adapted for connecting phones to equipment capable of working in full HD mode. A similar adapter charges the device when is being transmitted.
Over, some modern models support the new Mhl 3.0 standard. It allows you to transfer 4K image at a resolution of 3840×2160 and a frequency of 30 frames per second. It supports True HD and DTS HD Ma sound formats used in Blu-ray.
Manufacturers of some brands have implemented the Slimport standard. Here are a number of models supporting it:
- Lg G2;
- Lg G3;
- Lg g4;
- Nexus 4;
- Nexus 5;
- Nexus 7 Tablet;
A complete list can be found here.
With this type of connection, there is no need to connect power, as well as do Android settings. is transmitted without decoding, as well as without output delays. However, the standard requires the use of quality wires. Therefore, it is better not to buy cheap options.
Transfer to a TV with a Vga connector
The second method involves using two adapters, the nests of which are visible in the photograph.
Connect the microusb-hdmi adapter to the smartphone, connect it to the hdmi-vga adapter, insert the end of the VGa into a suitable TV socket. Thus, the result will be due to the features of the two cables.
View files from mobile
Suppose a mobile or map stores photos ors that you just need to watch. Then you need a microusb-usb adapter. The TV must have the indicated type of connectors. In this section, you will learn how to connect a mobile phone to the TV using the USB port. Proceed as follows:
- Plug the cord into the microusb telephone jack.
- The smartphone will prompt you to select a connection mode. Drive mode is selected.
- Using the remote control, the TV enters the reading mode of media files.
- The “Multimedia”, “usb” or other button is pressed, which depends on the TV model.
- When there are no such buttons, click “Source”.
- The “Signal Source” menu appears. The appropriate section is selected. A sample view, see below.
Connection through the port in question may be interfered with by the settings of the file transfer mode called MTP. Often it is used by default when the smartphone recognizes the connected device. Then you need to configure the boot in drive mode. For this, this sequence of steps is performed;
- Download the Android terminal emulator program;
- Run it;
- In the window that appears, enter su (superuser);
- A request for the rights of the main user appears. We confirm it;
- We type a line setprop persist.Sys.Usb.Config mass_storage, adb;
- Press the enter key;
- Type reboot, then press the same button again;
- The phone will reboot.
When it will be necessary to put the download again through the above mode, enter the Android commands:
- Su (confirm);
- Setprop persist.Sys usb.Config mtp.Adb;
When you try to connect, there are two types of basic problems. These are problems recognizing devices or files.
They are usually caused by the following reasons:
- Incorrect connection. It is solved simply. The connected telephone must be reconnected following the instructions.
- Using the MTP mode of the Android system. It is solved either by the described method, or by replacing the phone firmware.
- The TV does not read files. This happens because this type of technique does not support all file formats. The only way out is to copy the file to a computer, and then convert it to a supported format with special programs. The most commonly supported mp4 and avi files. Sometimes re-shoot the.
The method of using the phone’s USB port is determined by the purpose of the connection. If you want the TV screen to show the phone screen, then either microusb-hdmi adapters are used, or their combination with hdmi-Vga. If you just need to look at the file, then a connection is made like microusb-usb. The main problems are caused by the wrong file format or MTP settings. Choose methods for connecting your communications device and television technology based on your needs.