How to Connect USB to Phone
No matter how we want it, the Internet has taken almost a central place in our lives. If you delve into history, it was originally invented for transmitting sensitive data, then it was used for communication, and about 20 years ago it began to be actively filled with all kinds of information, multimedia and entertainment sites.
- Method One. WiredTether
- The second way is USB Tunnel
Hence the conclusion. We need the Internet everywhere. Now a thought crossed your mind. In order to distribute the Internet to a smartphone, just connect to a wireless access point. But what to do if a stationary computer or laptop is occupied by a household, the Wi-Fi wireless access point does not work, and mobile traffic has long been over. Do not run to the next cafe! You thought.
Let’s show you one life-threat: armed with one usb cable via a PC, you can connect (distribute) the Internet to your smartphone and it doesn’t matter which operating system it is running. How to do this, how to connect, by what methods and how it works, we will analyze today in detail below.
Method One. WiredTether
- First of all, download the program for android (android) called WiredTether.
- Connect your android (android) to PC via usb.
- Then, on the phone, click on the program installation.
- Immediately after the program is installed on the desktop of your PC, a new Internet connection with android will appear along with all the DHCP settings.
Working with the settings is quite simple, but you should highlight separately that in them you can rename the name of the connection with your android (android) device. For example, you can call the connection to the AndroidUSB phone, and the connection to the Internet with shared access is the Internet (during the article these names will be used so as not to cause confusion).
- The next step is to disconnect the connection with the name Internet in the properties of network connections. You must do this in order to activate the AndroidUSB connection.
- After that, go to the AndroidUSB settings and change your IP to 255.255.255.252 (the remaining fields can be left blank). Also with this action you can erase the default gateway settings. After this procedure, be sure to first check the status of the ping on your android (android) device. Details below in the images:
Let’s move on to the phone settings
To do this is quite simple (just a few clicks) and, if you clearly follow our instructions. In order to simplify our work even further, we strongly recommend downloading the GScriptLite program, in which you will need to work a bit with scripts.
Next, install the program, create a new script in it and write this text there:
That’s all, now you can use the Internet from a PC via phone. But before you complete the work, you need to check something (check if the Internet works correctly):
- The phone must be connected to the PC using usb.
- Then run the application you downloaded on your android (android) device and activate the Internet connection.
- Now create a new script, after which the Internet will automatically connect to your mobile device on android (android).
Once the connection is activated, you can fully surf without limitation the vastness of the World Wide Web. To deactivate your Internet connection, just restart WiredTether.
Even despite the simplicity of this procedure, an ordinary user may have problems connecting to the Internet through a PC:
- The first and concurrently the most common reason. This PC does not detect the computer when connected via usb. In order to solve this rather common problem, it will be enough to take reconnect the smartphone. If the problem persists, it is better to take another usb and try reconnecting the phone.
- The second problem may be related to the program itself. Often there have been cases when the utility does not support your version of android (android). There is only one solution. You need to go online, find the necessary application there and transfer it akb to your phone and then install the utility.
The second way is USB Tunnel
To get started, go to your Internet connection on your computer, then click the additional tab. A new dialog box will open before you, where you will need to allow other users to use the Internet connection of this computer.
Well, then you will need to perform a few simple steps:
- To get started, download the USBTunnel utility, and download AndroidTool to your computer.
- Now we go directly to working with the phone. You need to get to the menu and enable usb debugging.
- We connect the phone to the PC via a standard usb connector.
- On the computer, run AndroidTool.
- After the program starts, click search for devices. Search for android (android) devices. Show a list of devices.
It is important to know: the program may ask if you have administrator rights to make such significant changes to the operation of devices. Answer yes immediately. Also, the application in places is extremely unstable. Therefore, the program may occasionally knock out.
- Well, finally, click done.
- Various additional requests may also appear with which in most cases it is necessary to agree.
It is important to know: the program will not cripple a system or other error. In this case, all of the above steps will have to be done from the very beginning.
- After you have agreed with all the requests of the program, a joyful inscription “connect” will appear in front of you.
- Then on your device you will be asked if you have root privileges. You just need to click yes.
- If all of the above steps were performed in the correct order, then the Internet connection through the computer will start automatically.
There are situations when, it would seem, everything is done correctly, but the Internet still does not want to work when wired through a computer. The most common mistakes:
- The computer simply does not see or does not synchronize with your phone.
- The phone does not see the program you need.
- All steps were performed correctly, but the Internet on the phone still did not appear.
Knowing how to connect the phone to a computer, you can use this opportunity to transfer data directly from one device to another.
And without the help of the Internet, and at a fairly high speed.
This is necessary, for example, for transferring photos from a smartphone camera or multimedia files from a computer to a mobile device to a PC.
For most modern phones, there are several ways to connect.
Existing Connection Options
If you need to connect your phone to a computer, several solutions are possible.
The main options are:
- Connection via USB port of a computer using a cable;
- Wireless connection via WiFi;
- Bluetooth connection.
The choice of a particular option depends on the reason why all this is done.
If, for example, you need to transfer a large amount of data (film,, or even a game application), the easiest way is to use a cable and a connection via a USB port.
The same method is best suited for using your smartphone as a webcam or modem.
Cord for connecting a smartphone to a PC via USB
Wireless connections allow you to connect faster, although they provide a lower information transfer speed.
They are also used if the PC or laptop has a Wi-Fi or bluetooth module, and the cord is not available at the moment.
Connection via Wi-Fi can be called the most convenient and fastest in connection time.
At the same time, data transfer is slower, and for its implementation you will need either a WiFi router or an appropriate adapter.
There are several ways to connect a mobile phone to a PC, but the quickest and easiest of them is to install a special application.
There are variants of such programs for all operating systems, including iOS, and the principle of operation is almost the same.
One of them is a free FTP server application, which is freely available on PlayMarket.
After installing on a smartphone, the program requires starting, after which it shows the address that you want to write in the address bar of the “Explorer” on the computer.
This provides the ability to access the data of the mobile device as a regular folder.
Over, the user can change, delete and add new files on a removable disk, and in internal and external memory.
Connect your phone to a PC via Wi-Fi
When connecting via USB, the user gets the maximum of possibilities:
- Transfer data at high speed;
- Use a mobile phone to access the Internet using a GPRS connection or 4G network;
- Turn on your smartphone as a webcam and communicate using it, for example, in Skype. This option will be best for users on whose PC there is no camera.
This is especially convenient, given that modern phones have image resolution at the level of the most expensive recording devices.
The disadvantage of this method is the binding of a mobile device to a computer.
At the same time, it will not be possible to call or go to another room from him at the same time as the data is being transferred.
All that is required to connect is a cord (usually microUSB / USB) and a free port on the computer.
In most cases, you do not even need to install any drivers. Just select the drive, modem or webcam mode on your phone.
It is even possible to use a computer as a charger.
Options for connecting a phone with Android OS to a PC via USB
When connecting the phone via USB with a cable, you can see a notification about connecting a new device at the bottom.
After installing the appropriate drivers (usually requires a PC connection to the Internet), synchronization ends automatically.
If you have Bluetooth on your laptop or, which is now much less common on your PC, you can synchronize two devices using such a wireless connection.
To do this, both modules are activated and compatible devices are searched on the computer.
When the smartphone is found, it is connected via Bluetooth, choosing the option without using a passkey.
To work with many devices with Bluetooth, we recommend using the program Blueoleil. This is a professional tool for pairing a computer or laptop with mobile and peripheral devices via a Bluetooth interface. Supports all versions of Windows, most smartphones, microphones, printers, TVs.
Sometimes when you connect or try, the computer starts installing devices and drivers. All that is required of the user is to wait until the process is completed.
If it was not possible to automatically install the control program, this is done manually.
Typically, the driver is located on the website of the smartphone manufacturer.
Sometimes there are situations when, for proper synchronization, you have to enable debugging on the phone. For this, the developer’s menu is usually used.
After debugging, problems with connecting to a computer disappear.
Enable smartphone debugging when connected via USB
Some models of mobile devices with less common operating systems (for example, older versions of Windows Mobile or BlackBerry OS) may not immediately connect to a PC.
To fix the problem, the option can be helped in which the phone is turned off first, and then it is turned on, causing the computer to first determine the smartphone, and then automatically or manually install the drivers.
What if the connection failed?
There is another option for data transfer, which can be used as a last resort. For example, when there are no special applications, the cable is also there, and there is no access to the Internet from the PC or from the phone.
However, for this option you will need the presence of:
- Removable flash cards (usually a microSD) on a smartphone;
- Card reader on a computer or laptop (in the latter case, this probability is greater, because most even budget models have a reader for drives of different formats).
External microSD card slot on a smartphone
All you need to do is copy the data from the phone’s memory to a flash card, remove it from the device and insert it into the computer’s card reader.
Or do the opposite if the information is transferred from a PC to a smartphone.
Some smartphones will have to get a battery to complete the operation. But there are also models with external access to a flash card.
The easiest way to connect to your phone from a computer. Without USB over WiFi
If you need to quickly connect from a computer to a phone or tablet to transfer photos, music or, but there is no USB cable at hand, then in this I will show how you can connect from a computer to a phone via WiFi