How To Connect Usb Modem To Computer
This guide can be divided into two small steps. We recommend that you read the entire manual in order to avoid any nonsense. Therefore, proceed step by step, starting from the first paragraph, if something is not clear or you do not understand something in the second paragraph, then return to the previous paragraph and repeat it again.
Step 1: Connect the modem to the PC
To get started, it’s worth checking and making sure that the computer has a network adapter designed for working in local networks (it is called Ethernet) and a driver for working with it. To check, go to “Device Manager” and select “Network Boards.” The path to the device manager: “My computer.” “Computer Management.” “Device Manager”. The list of devices “Network Cards” should contain your network adapter. If it is not there or an unidentified device is present, then the driver is not installed. In this case, you will have to contact the specialists who set up your PC.
We will assume that everything is fine with the network adapter and drivers and move on to directly connecting the modem to the computer. To connect the device correctly, you need to connect it to the power supply, the network card of the computer and the telephone line. The modem is connected to the line using a special cable, which is usually supplied. Reboot the computer. If the Internet is not automatically configured, you need to configure the network interface.
Step 2: Network Interface Setup
Go to the “Start”. “Control Panel“. “Network and Internet connection.” “Network connections”. Select the active “Local Area Connection”, right-click on it and go to “Properties”. Then “Internet Protocol TCP / IP.” “Properties.” Now you need to configure the TCP / IP settings in accordance with the data of your provider, and then confirm the changes by clicking the “OK” button.
How to connect the Internet via a USB modem
- First, connect your modem to your computer. There are no complicated operations as in the first case. Just insert the modem into the appropriate slot, and the computer will detect it and require a driver. It can be stored on the modem itself, on disk or on a USB flash drive.
- Go to the “Device Manager”. There we look for the properties of the modem and find the number of the COM port on which the modem has already been installed. In addition, you must fill in the operator’s access point. We recommend that you always insert the modem into the same USB port in the future, so that the access point settings do not have to be re-entered.
- Now go to “Network Connections” and run the “New Connection Wizard”. Click the button next.
- A new window will open before you, in which you need to select the item “Connect to the Internet” and click “Next”.
- Another window with three items to choose from. We need to “Establish a connection manually” and click “Next.”
- Another window, again three points, and the question: how to connect to the Internet? We put a checkmark in front of the first. “Through a regular modem.” “Further”. choose a name to connect (you can think of what your heart desires).
- Now the “New Connection Wizard” will require you to dial the provider. We enter the number (for each operator it can be different, so this issue is best clarified in the call center).
- Enter your username and password and complete the connection setup.
- When you right-click on a new connection, go to the properties, where you can configure it to fit your needs.
Before reading this article, you did not know how to connect the Internet through a modem. But, now you can help your friends and relatives resolve this issue. As you can see, everything turned out to be much simpler.