How To Connect Speakers To A Windows 7 Computer
For many users, the answer to the question of how to properly connect speakers to a personal computer is relevant. It is no secret that to watchs, games and listen to music, you will need the appropriate audio devices. However, despite the apparent simplicity, sometimes certain problems may arise when connecting them.
On the modern market now more than a wide range of speakers of different brands with various characteristics and functionality is presented. It is the complexity of the device that determines the nuances of its integration. Based on this, before connecting the speakers to the computer, it is recommended to pay attention to the study of equipment parameters. It should be remembered that in some cases it will not be enough to simply install the audio devices in a convenient place by connecting them to the system unit.
Today, users can use different types of speakers that can be combined with a PC. In each case, it will be necessary to take into account a number of design features and nuances of the device pairing algorithm. From the very beginning, you need to pay attention to wired speakers.
By the way, now you can buy both budget and maximally simplified, as well as more advanced models.
Many users may be disturbed by wires on the table. At the same time, such speakers are characterized by maximum reliability, as well as ease of connection and operation. These devices seamlessly interact with both new and outdated PC models. In a simplified form, the algorithm for connecting wired speakers includes the following steps:
- choosing a place to place the speakers;
- connecting the audio device to the mains, some models are powered from a PC via a USB port;
- directly connecting the speakers;
- if necessary, pairing the right and left speakers;
- launch of any sound file, testing the operation of the device.
The second option you may encounter is connecting a music center. If you have such equipment, you can successfully use it when playing audio files without additional financial costs. The process of pairing the system with a personal computer has a number of features, and therefore it is recommended to pay attention to some points.
- It is imperative to take care of the presence of a special wire, one end of which is equipped with connectors like MiniJack 3.5, and on the other there are so-called red and white tulips.
- The mentioned “tulips” should be placed in the corresponding nests of the music center, taking into account the colors.
- The MiniJack connector connects to the computer‘s audio output, which is marked in green. Turn on the center and select “Play from an external source” (AUX) in the settings.
In situations with 5.1-format speakers, sound is output to the speakers in a similar way. When connecting, it is important to consider the colors of the plugs and sockets. By the way, it should be remembered that in this case, the PC must have a discrete rather than an integrated sound card with an appropriate number of outputs.
Presently the popularity of wireless speakers is growing at a record pace. Naturally, their integration with a computer has its own characteristics. In such cases, the connection is made in Bluetooth format. If we are talking about modern laptop models, then no additional manipulations will be required, since this option is predefined.
In situations with personal computers, you may need to install a special adapter in the form of a miniature USB device that resembles an ordinary USB flash drive.
Analyzing the nuances of pairing wireless speakers with a PC, it is worth highlighting a number of important points.
- First of all, you need to activate the audio device itself.
- Then turn on Bluetooth on the PC itself. If Windows 10 is installed on the computer, it will be enough to find the network icon in the tray and find Bluetooth in the list that has expanded after that. In situations with Windows 7, you will need to go to “Devices and Printers” to take the necessary actions.
- At the final stage, you will only have to activate the connection, following the prompts.
It is worth noting that, regardless of the operating system used, you can use the “Device Manager”, in which there is a function to activate a wireless connection. After turning on Bluetooth, its icon will appear in the tray, clicking on which you need to go to the add devices section. The computer and speakers themselves will find each other, after which the first will offer the user a connection.
Despite the apparent simplicity of the manipulations under consideration, it is often the case for PC owners to have difficulty pairing different types of speakers. As already noted, in situations with ordinary budget models, it will be enough just to connect the speakers through the audio output. If more modern and sophisticated devices are purchased, then the algorithm can be significantly complicated. In some cases, appropriate knowledge and skills may be required. For this reason, experienced users and specialists publish step-by-step instructions on many thematic resources.
The key point of the whole process is directly connecting the speakers to the PC itself. It is worth recalling that on the motherboard of the latter there are all the necessary outputs, into the connector of which the plug is required to be inserted. The desired socket, as a rule, has a green color and is marked with the inscription Line Out. That’s it to him and wired speakers are connected.
In addition to the output on the motherboard, most modern PCs have its understudy on the front panel of the system unit. However, as practice shows, when using this jack, the sound quality most often deteriorates, especially if audio devices without an amplifier are used. If we are talking about monoblock computers, which are gaining popularity now, then you can connect the speakers to the monitor.
Portable speakers will need to be connected to the USB port at the initial stage. Larger models are included in the household electrical network.
Naturally, Bluetooth speakers are most easily paired, since in such situations they do without plugs.
Another important point of the described algorithm is the setup of the paired speakers and the computer itself. But before checking the audio system, you need to make sure that you have the latest versions of all the necessary codecs and drivers. In the latest editions of the OS, most software is preinstalled, but you should make sure of this.
To check the drivers, you should:
- enter the start menu;
- select the tab “Control Panel”;
- Go to the “Device Manager”;
- open the section “Sound, and gaming devices”.
The next step will be directly the search for information about the software installed on the computer. In the absence of this line of information, you will need to install the software. In some situations, problems with sound or its poor quality may be due to the lack of codecs or using an outdated version of drivers.
After you have connected the external speakers and installed the appropriate software, you can proceed to the analysis and configuration of the system. The whole algorithm in this case is quite simple and includes the following manipulations:
- go to the “Control Panel” tab in the “Start” menu;
- open the “Sound” section;
- in the “Playback” menu, click RMB on the connected speaker system and select the settings;
- in the tab that opens, configure the sound channels and click “Next”;
- when installing broadband audio devices, you need to activate them by ticking the corresponding lines.
Proper use of the setup wizard will maximize the quality of the reproduced sound. In this case, the best results can be achieved by manually adjusting parameters. To do this, follow the instructions.
- In the “Playback” section, select the installed speakers and, right-clicking on them, go to the “Properties” tab.
- In the “Level” section, adjust the volume settings, as well as the balance of the left and right speakers.
- If desired, select sound effects taking into account the current configuration in the “Improvements” tab. In this menu item, options such as the equalizer, pitch change, as well as voice suppression and the effect of the environment are available.
- At the final stage, you must go to the “Advanced” item to configure exclusive mode, as well as adjust the sampling frequency and bit depth for the general mode.
After making all the above changes, click “Apply”. Otherwise, you may find yourself in a situation where all the steps were done correctly, but the connected speakers do not work.
Realtek HD setup
In the vast majority of cases, integrated sound cards work in HD Audio format. In this case, the most common software package is Realtek HD. This software allows you to configure all the parameters of the reproduced sound, as well as recording the corresponding files. To make the necessary changes, you will need to perform a series of actions.
- Download the latest version of the program from the official website of the developer and install it.
- From the Start menu, go to the Control Panel tab.
- Open Realtek HD Dispatcher.
- In the window that opens, the item “Speaker Configuration” will be displayed, in which you should configure the previously connected speakers. In the same section, you can activate broadband audio devices.
- Make settings in the Sound Effects menu, taking into account personal preferences. To do this, the user is provided with a 10-band equalizer, as well as a whole arsenal of templates.
- By clicking on the tab “Standard format”, the user has the opportunity to make certain adjustments to the parameters and formats. CD or DVD.