How to connect smartphone to LG Smart TV
ways to connect your smartphone to your LG TV
Televisions are increasingly beginning to be used not so much for watching television, but as a multimedia center. A mobile phone paired with a TV helps with this. The screen of the second is suitable for watching video much better than the display of a cell, so we will figure out how to connect the phone to an LG TV. Connecting devices does not require much time, and all that is needed for this is a connected smartphone, adapter and TV.
- With Miracast technology.
- Wi-Fi Direct.
- Via USB.
- With HDMI.
As you can see, only two out of five methods involve connecting a smartphone to an alji plasma using additional wires. As for bluetooth, this technology is not used in this case and can be used to operate peripheral controls (keyboard / mouse).
The quality of the picture will directly depend on the type of data transfer to TV. In most cases, you don’t even need to set up the Smart LG connection to the router.
When starting a conversation about broadcasting data from gadgets to a TV set, it is impossible not to mention the advanced streaming technology miracast. It is supported by a large number of modern devices. In TV devices, it began to be actively used back in 2013.
It does not require the presence of the Internet and the connection takes place directly, between mobile and TV. This function must be activated in the system menu. It will be located in the “Network”. “Miracast” tab. On the gadget, depending on the manufacturer, miracast will be located in “Networks” or control of screen parameters. It remains to choose the connected device, make sure there is an active signal and display images from the mobile to the TV set.
The advantage of miracast is that the data does not lose quality, the sound is transmitted in 3D, and the battery of the mobile device sits down much more slowly than with any other method.
Another way to pair your gadget without using routers or additional cables. An important condition will be the presence of WI-FI direct technology in the LG TV set. Synchronization takes place as follows:
- Find and activate WI-FI direct in the network connection settings on Android.
- We do this operation on the TV set (located in “Settings”. “Network”).
- Pairing devices together.
Now, your communicator will be seen as a full-fledged media server.
This is far from the easiest way to connect a smartphone to a TV via WI-FI, but it is the most effective and versatile if LG does not support other modern wireless technologies. To do this, you will need a TV set with Smart TV support and a router with an Internet connection.
It is worth noting that the TV may need to be configured for the SSID to appear among the available networks. All data on setting up Ethernet is in the instructions included in the kit.
- The TV set is connected to the router via an Internet cable.
- Set up an active internet connection.
- After it appears among the available contacts, the communicator gets access to streaming information to the TV screen.
A similar method works on both iOS and Android via WI-FI. In some cases, if it was not possible to synchronize the device with the general network, it is necessary to purchase a set-top box or other auxiliary devices.
Note! To stream, you may need an app to connect your phone to your LG TV. Suitable options are in the App Store and Google Play.
The last way to connect an Android smartphone to an LG Smart TV is to connect them using a special wire. It is worth noting that HDMI technology has long gained popularity among manufacturers, so such an output is available even for old TVs.
Initially, you need to decide on a suitable wire. The thing is that earlier there were cellular phones with an additional output for mini-HDMI. Currently, something similar is found exclusively on tablets with a docking station. You can find out if you have a suitable slot by referring to the instructions or by examining the case of an existing cell.
An alternative would be a dedicated mini USB to HDMI adapter. This method is suitable for everyone whose phones do not have an additional xdmi port. Further, the pairing takes place using a cable, followed by setting up the transmitted image in the settings of the communicator / tablet. This method is largely superior to data transfer via USB, because the signal is transmitted directly through the phone.
[LG WebOS TV]. How to Connect Smart Phone with LG Smart TV
With a cable
Cable connection of the “apple” phone to LG TV will require the purchase of an appropriate adapter, since the iPhone has only one connector for connecting with other devices and the same connector for charging the smartphone.
Connecting to a TV via a USB port is not easy, but very simple: one end of the USB cable is inserted into the smartphone, and the other into the corresponding port of the TV.
- IPhone version 4 and later requires a dedicated Apple USB cable.
- Starting from the 5th version of the iPhone, a special Apple Lightning to USB Adapter is used.
The final step is to select the USB mode in the TV settings (“Signal Source”).
When you connect your smartphone to your TV via USB, the iPhone acts as a storage medium. Simply put: it is possible to view only photos and / or videos loaded into the permanent memory of the device. Streaming directly from YouTube, for example, is not possible.
Connecting iPhone to TV via HDMI is the best option for high quality (Full HD) video.
To connect two devices, you need adapters:
- iPhone version 4 and later. AV Adapter Digital.
- iPhone 5 and above. AV Adapter Lightning.
Such a connection does not require any special settings and looks exactly the same as a USB connection step by step:
- The adapter connects to the smartphone.
- HDMI cable one end connects to the adapter, the other to the TV.
- The device is read and configured automatically.
- In the TV settings, HDMI is indicated as the signal source. If there are several HDMI ports on the TV, specify the one to which the smartphone is connected.
The only drawback of this connection is the short HDMI cable. The limitation is caused by the impossibility of transmission over a long signal “cord” without loss of quality.
The wireless method of connection is attractive, first of all, by the absence of wires, which means that there are no strict restrictions on the range of placing a smartphone from TV.
The ability to connect iPhone and TV without the use of awkward cords varies by TV model. As a rule, LG Smart TVs have a built-in wireless data transfer module.
Media Player Google Chromecast
There is another way to play videos and photos from the iPhone on the large screen of the TV panel. for this, use the Google Chromecast device.
The device from Google allows you to broadcast streaming video, photo and audio content to TV, even if the TV does not have a Wi-Fi module.
Connecting the player will require just a few steps:
- Miniature player plugs into the HDMI connector of the TV.
- Both devices connect to a common Wi-Fi network, in general this happens automatically, however, you may need to enter a password from the wireless network.
- Download in GooglPlay and install the Google Home program. Launch the application. Create a google account or log into an existing one.
- A list of all devices connected and ready to start appears on the smartphone screen. Select LG TV.
- Next, a code will appear on the TV screen, which must be entered into the application field on the iPhone.
Broadcast using AirPlay
For the happy owners of Apple and iPhone TVs, connecting a smartphone to a TV was literally a matter of two touches. The technology of “air data transmission” from “apple” allows you to duplicate the iPhone screen on a TV or start broadcasting videos, photos, presentations, games directly from the running application.
- Connect your smartphone and TV to a shared Wi-Fi network.
- Select the AirPlay icon on the smartphone screen (for the “Photos” folder. the “Transfer” icon).
- Select Smart TV, if there are several such TVs. select the one you need.
- We connect to a common Wi-Fi network for the smartphone and TV.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the smartphone screen (for iPhone 8 and below) and from the top right corner for later versions to open Control Center.
- Click the Screen mirroring icon.
- Select an AirPlay TV from the list.
- If necessary. enter the password.
To stop broadcasting and mirroring the screen in the same smartphone menus there are corresponding “buttons”.
Important! Unfortunately, not all TVs support airplay technology. Many manufacturers, including LG, launched AirPlay-enabled models in 2019. But there are TVs on sale that will get a new feature when the software is updated.!
All LG Smart TVs have Wi-Fi connectivity via a built-in module. To start viewing photo and video content from iPhone on LG TV, you need to:
- Make sure both iPhone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the official LG website, download the Smart Share program, which is completely free and is located in the “Support”. “Hardware and Software” section.
- Install the required application on the iPhone by downloading it from the App Store. There are many such applications, they can be free, or they can cost money (iMediaShare, TV Assist, Twonky Beam).
- Launch the program on your smartphone. Further actions may be different, depending on the selected application. So, in Twonky Beam you need to check the box “Show or hide show”; select the desired photo or video; wait for the start of playback.
Using Apple TV
For a TV without airplay support, streaming video content from an Apple smartphone is carried out using the Apple TV set-top box.
Attention! This equipment is compatible with iPhone version 4 and below.
Specialist services are not required to connect an Apple TV set-top box, but you should make sure that the iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. To start using the set-top box, you must complete the following steps:
- Following the attached instructions, connect the equipment to the TV (connect the HDMI cable to the set-top box and TV; plug the Apple TV into a power outlet).
- Make sure that the phone and the set-top box are connected to the same wireless network (Wi-Fi).
- Using the remote control or phone, select the HDMI signal type in the TV menu.
- Further settings are simple and straightforward and are also carried out using the remote control or iPhone.
The undoubted advantage of the “apple” set-top box is the ability to equate not a new TV with Smart TV.
ways to connect iPhone to LG TV
Often, you really want to show your friends or family an interesting video from YouTube, your own video or photos from the iPhone, films available to subscribers of some services, and you never know what else. It happens that there is a need to organize a video conference, communication via Skype and other business events.
But how to connect iPhone to LG TV? There are several ways to suit a particular hardware configuration.
How to connect your smartphone to your LG Smart TV
There are several ways to connect your smartphone to your LG Smart TV. The article details two of the most common. Other methods are either no longer available or are used very rarely.
How to connect phone to LG Smart TV via HDMI
This connection is used very rarely, but we must touch on it. A special cable and possibly an additional adapter are used here. One end of the cable uses an HDMI plug that plugs into a similar jack on your TV, and the other end of the cable uses a plug from your port on your phone. As a rule, this wire is difficult to find, so let’s move on to the most common type of connection. via WI-FI
Connecting your phone to a TV via USB
To connect via the USB port on your TV, you need a wire that you usually use to charge your smartphone. In general, it connects in the same way as you connect to a computer in order to drop the necessary media files there.
One end of the wire should have a USB 2.0 Type-A plug, and the other end of the wire should have a plug that fits into your phone. It can be microUSB or miniUsb or whatever, depending on your brand and phone model.
Insert one end of the wire into the phone and the other into the TV through the USB connector. If the connection is valid, the device is connected appears on the TV. In turn, a pop-up window with connection options will appear on your phone. For charging, for example, or for transferring files and images. Choose the second option.
Now, using the Photos & Videos app from the bottom row of the app on your Smart TV screen, you can view your phone’s content. Please note this type of connection is intended only for playing media content from a smartphone to a TV.
Connecting smartphone to LG Smart TV via WI-FI Direct
To play content from a smartphone on a TV, you can use the built-in functionality of the TV. connecting the device to a TV via Wi-fi direct. This technology allows you to connect other devices via a wireless communication channel without using a router.
- Check if the WI-FI direct function is available on the smartphone
- Enable this function in the smartphone setup menu.
- Go to the settings in the “Network” section and then to the WI-FI direct section
- Turn on content sharing
WI-FI direct is not an application, but a function in modern mobile phones. If your smartphone does not support this function, then it is not possible to use it. The connection speed corresponds to a regular WI-FI connection.
Once connected, you can view content from devices using Photos & Videos or Music on TV.
How to connect phone to TV via WI-FI LG Smart TV
This is the most popular and simplest connection, and through it you can do the following.
- Play content from smartphone on TV
- Display the smartphone screen on the Smart TV screen or in another way. screen sharing
- Control your TV using it as a remote control
details about each method of connecting your phone to your LG Smart TV via WI-FI can be found in the “Connection Manager”, which is located in the bottom row of applications on the main screen of Smart TV.
The official LG TV Remove app is used to watch content from a smartphone on the TV. Once connected, you can view content such as picture, video or music from Smart devices on your TV. How to download and install it, you can read the article “How to control LG Smart TV from your phone”
Once connected, an icon with the name of the device appears on the home screen of the Smart TV on the right side of the screen. If you make it active using the remote control and clicking “OK”, the link “Content Sharing” will appear. By clicking on it, a screen with the contents of the phone will open. Images, videos and other media content will be presented. You can close this screen using the cross in the right corner of the screen.
The link will appear if your smartphone is active. If the phone goes into sleep mode. a splash screen appears, the link will not appear.
Also in the LG TV Remove application itself in the menu you can find the item “Content on the mobile”. By going to it, all media files distributed by sections will open. By selecting the desired image or video, you can display it for playback on the TV screen.
How to connect your phone to Smart TV via USB
Unlike HDMI, this device will not open the screen of the gadget for you, but will only show a folder with its contents. Although you will be able to reproduce the necessary music, videos and images in the same way. In addition, the TV can recognize popular presentation and document formats.
How do I connect my phone to Smart TV via USB? In this case, everything is also very simple! Turn off the devices first, then connect the cable to the appropriate connectors and turn on the devices. After the performed manipulations, the connection will be established automatically. Just do not forget that the wire you need will have different outputs at the ends, suitable for a TV and a smartphone.
Such synchronization makes it possible to completely duplicate the image from a mobile device. In this case, the phone can be controlled using the TV remote control.
How to connect your phone to your Smart TV via HDMI
If you are at home, then using cables is unlikely to cause you any inconvenience, but you can easily improve the quality of the transmitted image and the connection as a whole.
HDMI cable is especially appreciated by owners of smartphones and TVs due to the fastest and highest quality information exchange. When connected via this cable, Smart TV literally reflects the image of the gadget, like a mirror. It is this effect that makes it possible to boast of photos and videos in front of a large company, launch your favorite game, or just enjoy the music stored in your phone to its fullest.
True, it should be said that the use of this method may be limited to the gadget model. Indeed, for synchronization via an HDMI cable, both devices must have a corresponding connector, which some smartphones are not equipped with. Although in such a situation, the developers took care of their users, because progress does not stand in one place. To eliminate this defect, an MHL cable was invented, which is a kind of converter between HDMI and USB connectors.
So how do you connect your phone to Smart TV in this way? Everything is extremely simple. To establish a connection, perform a few manipulations:
- turn off both devices;
- connect the phone to the TV with a cable;
- turn on the fixtures;
- open Smart TV settings;
- select a suitable signal source;
- turn on any app on your phone.
Although it is not uncommon to set up synchronization between devices automatically.
The connection methods already described are suitable not only for Smart TVs, but also for ordinary TVs. And now we will talk about how to connect a gadget to a “smart” device. Indeed, for wireless contact, the presence of Wi-Fi technology on the TV is necessary, which is not available in older models.
So, how do you connect your smartphone to Smart TV if, for example, you are visiting and you don’t have the right wire at hand, or you just don’t want to mess with cables? To do this, you can also use several synchronization methods.
What files can be opened on TV
Many users mistakenly believe that only pictures, videos and films can be transferred from the gadget to Smart TV. But in reality, the functionality of modern TVs is much wider than most of their owners think. By choosing the right type of connection and connecting the smartphone to Smart TV, each user can:
- enable online channels;
- watch videos on YouTube channels;
- broadcast any games and applications to the big screen;
- transfer images from your device to the TV.
The functional ability of synchronization depends entirely on how the devices are connected.
Features of standard programs
Of course, the vendors have worked hard to develop these applications for a reason. All of them significantly expand the ability of ordinary synchronization of a TV and a mobile device. With the help of these programs, the entire synchronization process is automated, all files are reformatted into a format suitable for playback on a large screen, as a result of which the image quality is significantly improved.
In this case, the connection is as easy and simple as possible. For example, how do I connect my phone to an LG TV? Connect to the shared network on both devices, and then launch the Smart Share folder. That’s all, now you can try all the functionality of your TV. In this case, the smartphone can be used as a remote control. And if you establish the connection the other way around, then using the TV remote control you can open the folders on the phone.
How to connect your phone to Smart TV: methods and instructions
Every owner of a smartphone at least once wanted to connect it to their TV in order to show friends or relatives various pictures or videos on the big screen. Of course, this method is much more convenient than showing the same photos to everyone in a large company several times in a row.
In addition, for sure, every smartphone user has a favorite application that they really want to try on a large screen that conveys even the smallest details. Based on this, a logical question arises: “How to connect the phone to Smart TV?”. In fact, this can be done very easily, and even in several different ways.!
To implement such a connection, you will need:
- smartphone with Wi-Fi support;
- TV with the same function or with Smart TV;
- home router.
To connect your phone to Smart TV, you first need to connect both your smartphone and your TV to a Wi-Fi network. Then find a special application from the developer in the device menu, which makes it possible to easily synchronize gadgets from the same manufacturer. For example, Samsung TVs use the AllShare program, in Philips devices you can find a folder called Philips MyRemote, Sony has this function under the name VAIO Media Server, and LG. this is Smart Share.
Owners of Apple gadgets will come to the rescue with a special Apple TV set-top box equipped with the AirPlay function.
Chromecast is a development from Google that allows you to display an image on a TV screen from a mobile gadget, for example, from Samsung Galaxy J5 2016.
- connect the phone to the HDMI connector located on the TV;
- provide power supply through the network or USB port;
- install the appropriate extension on the phone;
- specify the code (it will appear on the screen after installing the extension);
- allow network access.
The advantages of using a Chromecast service are to increase the speed of interaction with the host of “smart” TVs.
DLANA is a technology for exchanging media data (between devices supporting this technology), provided that the interacting devices are united by a network connection.
Attention! To owners of smartphones released by LG, DLNA is known as “Smart SHARE”. Samsung calls this technology AllShare, and SONY calls this shell VAIO Media Server.
How to synchronize a DLNA service with a smartphone (for example HTC): You need to make sure that all devices have an Internet signal Launch “Gallery” Select any of the available files Press “more” Select a player corresponding to the brand or specific model of TV.
After the actions performed by the user, the selected photo will appear on the TV display automatically. This applies to any files stored in the smartphone gallery.
Note: if the task failed, then the user will need to download a shell that is compatible with the brand of the device. As a rule, the name of the shell is identical to the additional software.
Slimport was offered to users of smart devices by Analogix, based on the development of DisplayPort.
This standard works on almost the same principle as the well-known MHL: support for 7.1 multichannel sound, UltraHD and 4K playback. DisplayPort or HDMI is used to connect to external image sources, USB microslot on the user’s gadget.
Important: direct connection of a mobile phone to the TV screen is not possible in all cases, so the user is advised to stock up on an additional adapter.
- Lack of external power supply.
- USB host capability: connecting additional devices to the adapter.
- free of any patent fees unlike HDMI.
This cord is another option that makes it possible to synchronize a smartphone with a TV screen. MHL is a combination of a function performed by HDMI (such as Dell DA200 USB-C), which is responsible for transferring high quality audio and video signals, and micro USB, which powers the smartphone battery.
- Classic. involves the use of an adapter cord with three wires: HDMI-in. for connecting to a TV screen, USB-in in microformat. for connecting to a power source and USB-out of the “micro” type. for a mobile phone. The flaw in this synchronization method is the extra wire.
- Direct Connecting. HDMI-out on TV MHL-out on mobile phone. This method of connection is convenient, however, it is not compatible with every TV.
- Exclusive. created by Samsung, which is available to users as a separate adapter or as an add-on to some products. Exclusive. there are additional contacts with an indicator of 11 pins, while the standard has only five. It is important to take into account that the number of pins in devices must be the same, otherwise you will need an additional adapter to connect the devices.
Lightning Digital AV Adapter
Two devices in one. as, for example, the Lightning Digital AV Adapter (adapter with cable). will suit the owners of Apple phones. This adapter allows you to synchronize your iPhone or iPad with almost any device that has an HDMI input: connect your mobile phone or tablet to the projector, as well as a monitor and a TV. any device will be able to simultaneously broadcast everything that happens on the user’s smartphone to an external source. Watching videos, slideshows, surfing the web. these processes will not be limited by the size of the device display.
Development-based Wi-Fi Direct Miracast is a great option for connecting Smart devices to a TV monitor wirelessly.
- Wireless connection: if the TV does not have a Wi-Fi receiver, it is possible to use a separate adapter by connecting it via the HDMI port.
- The threshold for video resolution is 1920×1200: if the quality of the transmitted image is higher, the system will “adjust” it to its own standard.
- Dolby AC3 sound quality. for 5.1 multi-channel playback.
There were some drawbacks here: not every gadget supports miracast connections, besides, this standard does not have compatibility with 4K quality, while “smart” mobile phones are able to make such images.
How to connect your phone to your TV: 10 ways
Do you want to show photos or video footage from your smartphone to friends and family, but do not want to huddle in front of the small screen of your mobile phone? Connect your Smart device to your TV and enjoy a high-quality picture on a large display. How to do this. read the article. We looked at 10 popular ways to connect a mobile phone to a TV screen.
Some methods are suitable for android gadgets, some for iPhones. Read on to find the one that suits you best. The article describes both connection methods that involve the use of cables and USB wires, and wireless options.
MHL 3.0 (for 4K)
Adapters (as an option, DIGITUS MHL 3.0) have become available to users since 2013, expanding the horizons of smartphone owners:
- 4K 30Hz image transmission.
- High quality audio. Dolby TrueHD. for 7.1 and DTS-HD.
- Battery charging up to 10W.
Interesting: the first gadgets to support the 3.0 standard were the technology produced by Sony: the Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone and the tablet PC of the same series.
The sequence of steps is as follows:
- Activate the “Wi-Fi Direct” function on your mobile gadget, this option is located in the “Wireless Connections” section.
- In the TV settings go to the “Network” section, then select and activate the “Wi-Fi Direct” option.
- Now, in the process of searching for available devices, the TV should find the name of the phone.
- Select the required phone and connect to it, confirming your intentions.
That’s it, now the user can control the TV using LG’s proprietary Wi-Fi Remote technology.
How to connect your phone to an LG TV via Wi-Fi
Manufacturers of mobile devices and TVs have developed several options for how to connect these devices to each other. Some methods allow you to use a regular smartphone as a Smart set-top box, while others are limited to viewing media content that is stored in the internal memory of the phone.
Wired connection methods
If the TV is not equipped with a wireless connection function, then you need to use another method. one of the wired pairing options.
Connecting to a TV via an HDMI cable is considered the easiest. To implement the method, it is necessary that the mobile device or tablet be equipped with a miniHDMI interface to ensure pairing.
The step-by-step algorithm is as follows:
- One end of the cord is inserted into the socket on the TV, located on the back cover, and the other is connected directly to the phone. The user needs to keep in mind the unique port number to use.
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu, go to the source selection section (alternatively, you can simply press the Input button on the remote control). You need to select the input with the number to which the cord was connected. As a rule, only he is active and available for selection.
- The picture setting will start automatically according to the TV screen resolution. This is necessary in order for all content to be displayed in full screen.
When the devices are paired, the mobile device desktop will be displayed on the TV screen.
The pros and cons of this approach are described in the table:
Pairing your phone and TV from LG via HDMI
There are many wireless methods available to easily connect your phone to your TV. All methods are easy to implement, so you need to give preference to the most appropriate in a particular case.
What will connect the phone to the TV
The main task of synchronizing a smartphone and TV is to expand the functionality of these devices. In this case, the phone is already used as a projector by transmitting a signal broadcast on a large screen. So that gives the connection of the phone to the TV?
- organize various presentations and demonstrations;
- read books in electronic form;
- play photo, video and audio on the big screen;
- spending time on the Internet, being able to search and open various websites;
- run applications, messengers and games installed from markets for Android and iOS.
Controlling your LG TV with your phone is a practical and convenient solution. However, if the user does this in order to play games, then it is still recommended to give preference to the joystick. Algorithm of how to connect a phone to a TV via Wi-Fi LG Smart TV. Even a novice user can handle it.
Note! If you connect devices using Wi-Fi, then all data will be broadcast over the air, no additional cords and adapters are required.
Displaying Phone Desktop on LG TV
How to connect your phone to your LG TV
There are at least three ways to connect your phone to your LG TV. Choose the connection method that suits you:
- Connect your phone with a cable to the USB input of your LG TV.
- Select “Connect as USB storage” on the smartphone screen.
- In the LG TV menu, select “USB Devices”, and in the drop-down menu, select your phone model.
Done! You can now watch vacation photos and videos captured with your smartphone on your TV screen. This method is suitable for any TV with USB input, and almost any phone.
- Turn on the “Wi-Fi Direct” function on the phone in the “Wireless Connections” section.
- In the TV settings, go to the “Network” tab and activate “Wi-Fi Direct”.
- Now the name of your phone should appear in the list of devices available for connection.
- Select your phone and connect to it, confirming the choice.
Done! Now you can control your TV using LG’s proprietary Wi-Fi Remote technology or stream content from your phone to your TV. In addition, connecting your Smart TV to your phone via Wi-Fi Direct becomes a good way out when there is no other way to connect your TV to the Internet.
LG Smartphone is best connected to LG Smart TV using Smart Share.
- Connect your TV and phone to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Activate Smart LG TV.
- Activate Smart LG Phone.
Done! Now you can use all the features of Smart Share. for example, display the image from your phone on the big screen.
You can connect your phone to your LG TV in other ways, but most of them require the purchase of additional devices. For example, iOS smartphones can connect to a TV via an AirPlay set-top box or Lightning Digital AV adapter. Smartphones with separate HDMI output (eg LG 2X) can be connected directly with HDMI cable. Smartphones supporting MHL or SlimPort standards can be connected via a dedicated Micro USB to HDMI adapter.
Finally, the phone can be connected to the TV via the Chromecast media player. Just follow the instructions!
Via Wi-Fi using Miracast
We are talking about a modern data transmission standard, the essence lies in the use of wireless channels. If the TV supports this interface, then you can broadcast various content to the big screen. You can also play games, run applications.
The main requirement is that the TV and smartphone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network (router).
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu.
- Open the settings.
- Go to the subsection “Network”.
- Take your smartphone and lower the curtain to start the broadcast.
Not all versions of the Android operating system support this functionality. The name of the function in question may vary depending on the device model, but the essence is always the same. If you cannot find this command, install an application from Google Play, for example, Miracast. WI-FI Display. Launch it and activate the image transfer function.
Immediately after starting the Miracast function, it will automatically search for devices available for connection, select your TV. Then you need to confirm the synchronization using the remote control. This will start transferring the image. If the picture is not displayed in full screen, then just turn the mobile phone over, i.e. it should be horizontal.
We connect the smartphone to the LG TV via Wi-Fi and not only
There are several ways to connect your mobile phone and TV. Some options transform the smartphone into a real Smart set-top box, while others, on the contrary, only allow you to play media content stored on the cellular device.
If you do not know how to connect mobile phone to LG TV, then this article will be helpful for you. Now let’s get acquainted with the instructions for synchronizing mobile and television equipment. As a result, each user will be able to choose the option that suits him.
Connecting via Wi-Fi Direct
This type of connection is suitable for owners of modern TV models that are equipped with a built-in Wi-Fi adapter and Wi-Fi Direct function. This type of connection does not need to be connected to a router. As a rule, Wi-Fi can only be connected to smart Smart TVs. You also need to have Android 4.0 or higher installed on your mobile phone.
To connect your smartphone to your LG TV, follow this simple step-by-step guide:
- Take your smartphone, open the main menu, and then go to the “Settings” section. Go to the subsection “Wireless networks”, and then select “Wi-Fi”. Click on the 3 dots in the upper right and select “Wi-Fi Direct”. If there is no such command, then select “Advanced settings”.
- As a result, an automatic search for networks will be launched for subsequent connection using Wi-Fi Direct technology.
- Take the remote control and open the main menu. Go to the “Network” section. As in the previous case, you need to click on the “Wi-Fi Direct” command.
- This will start a search for available devices to sync. To connect a TV and a smartphone, you just need to select a mobile phone model from the list. A connection confirmation request will be sent to the device, it must be approved.
- After a few seconds, the smartphone and TV are synchronized. The signal from the mobile will be broadcast to the big screen, the sound will also be transmitted.
- there is no need to pull a wire across the room;
- does not require a Wi-Fi router;
- you can reproduce medical content in various formats;
- all connectors and inputs are free, so the phone can be charged;
- implemented the possibility of Internet surfing.
- “Wi-Fi Direct” technology is not implemented on old smartphones and TVs;
- mobile phone battery runs out quickly.
If the cellular is configured to the TV via Wi-Fi, then the user will be able not only to play content, but also to open applications. this is a big plus.
What will connect the phone to the TV
First of all, connecting the phone to the TV will significantly expand the functionality of the equipment. The smartphone transforms into a kind of projector, since a signal is transmitted from it, and the image is broadcast on a large screen. Thus, each user will be able to:
Connect Android To LG Smart TV (2021)
- play videos, view photos and open other media content from your phone, and then project it onto a large screen;
- launch video games, instant messengers and all kinds of other applications downloaded from the market;
- surf the Internet, that is, open various websites;
- conduct all kinds of presentations, demonstrations, read literature in electronic format.
Controlling your TV from your phone is a convenient and practical solution. However, if you plan to play games, then it is better to connect a joystick.
If the user connects via Wi-Fi, the image from the phone is transmitted over the air. In all other cases, it is necessary to use special cables, interfaces, which, in fact, will be discussed below.
You can also download an app that turns your smartphone into a remote control. This is very convenient, especially in cases where the old remote control is lost or broken. For LG TVs, it is called LG TV Remote (link in Android Google Play, Apple AppStore).
This method is considered to be the simplest. It is desirable that the mobile phone or tablet is equipped with a mini HDMI interface, which will provide a direct connection to a TV. However, this is very rare, so most likely the user will have to buy a special adapter.
How to connect a smartphone to LV TV? Follow the step by step algorithm:
- One end of the cable needs to be inserted into the connector located on the back of the TV, and the other into the port on the smartphone. Insert the adapter into the micro USB interface first. Remember the HDMI port number where the cable was inserted.
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu, and then open the tab to select the signal source (or press the Input button on the remote control). It is necessary to select the HDMI input with the same number into which the cable was inserted in the previous step. Usually he is the only one active and available for selection.
- This will automatically adjust the picture to the screen resolution. That is, this is done so that the image is displayed in full screen.
When the devices are connected by cable, the cellular desktop will appear on the TV screen. Samsung, Huawei, Lenovo smartphones are connected to the TV using the same algorithm, there are certain differences in the process of setting up the iPhone (requires a Lightning to HDMI adapter).
- you can ensure uninterrupted operation of the cellular by connecting a charger via USB (if there is a direct mini HDMI output);
- the TV will work as a monitor, that is, the image is duplicated.
- not all smartphones support HDMI connection;
- often you have to buy an adapter.
Convenient and simplest way to synchronize your mobile device and TV.
If you plan to connect a smartphone to the TV via USB, then remember that the mobile device will be used as a flash drive. This means that the screen will not be duplicated. You cannot play games or run applications. Individual files can be played.
Smartphones Lenovo, Huawei, LG, Samsung are connected using a similar algorithm:
- Take the USB cable, which is included in the basic package of absolutely all mobile devices. Plug one end into the phone jack and the other plug into the port on the back of the TV.
- Open the main menu on the TV and select the signal source. USB input. Sometimes you need to select the input with the same number into which the cable was inserted.
When the devices are bound, an interface opens within which you can move and launch files. In general, the interface is very similar to the explorer of the Windows operating system. Controlled by a remote control.
Some TV models automatically scan connected devices for media files, and also prompt the user to play them.
- universality. absolutely all modern devices are equipped with a USB interface;
- there is no need to purchase additional cables, since the cord is included in the basic package of the mobile;
- during the operation of the device, it will be automatically charged, extending the battery life of the device.
- there is no ability to play content online;
- you cannot play games, use instant messengers and applications;
- Internet surfing is not possible.
If you have memorable photos or videos stored on your phone, then connecting your smartphone to TV via USB is a great opportunity to watch them on the big screen.
As you can see, connecting a mobile phone to a TV device is much easier than it might seem at first. The most affordable options were considered above. Which to choose? It’s up to you to decide.