How to Connect Samsung Phone to Samsung TV
The method is suitable for owners of LG mobile phones of the G2 and Nexus 4 line. Media devices are synchronized via the adapter using the cable that comes with the kit.
Used for Samsung TV with HDMI, DVI or VGA ports.
Can I connect my phone to a Samsung TV?
You cannot synchronize devices directly through standard programs installed on smartphones. In some cases, you cannot do without an additional adapter:
- lack of necessary ports;
- old phone model (up to 2015);
- lack of “Smart-TV” function.
What gives the connection of the phone to the TV “Samsung”?
Synchronizing devices provides users with many benefits:
- the smartphone can be used as a full-fledged TV remote control;
- the implementation of the transfer of video content and photos for playback on the big screen of media equipment;
- connecting a joystick or keyboard along with a smartphone turns the TV into a large gaming console;
- the ability to conduct a full presentation;
- convenient search for sites on the network via a mobile device, information is viewed on a larger display.
Regular TV “Samsung” and TV “Samsung Smart-TV”?
Smart TV function allows you to directly connect your phone without the need for additional equipment and cables. A modern TV is based on an operating system that guarantees Internet access.
“Android” devices and Apple?
iPhone can be connected to a TV via USB or using a special expensive set-top box.
There are no special restrictions for smartphones based on the “Android” platform. The user can choose any of the presented synchronization methods.
Is there a difference in connection
The choice of the method of synchronization depends on the model of media technology and the version of the operating system of the mobile device.
Ways to Connect Mobile Phone to Samsung TV
Wi-fi network significantly expands the functionality of media technology, especially TVs. Connecting a mobile phone allows you to share content and play information on a large screen.
The choice of synchronization method depends on the model and capabilities of the devices. Let’s consider the disadvantages and advantages of each option using the example of the TV “Samsung”.
- Can I connect my phone to a Samsung TV?
- What gives the connection of the phone to the TV “Samsung”?
- Is there a difference in connection
- “Android” devices and Apple?
- Regular TV “Samsung” and TV “Samsung Smart-TV”?
- Step-by-step instructions on how to connect your phone to a Samsung TV
- No wires
- Screen Mirroring technology
- Stream YouTube
- Wired connection
- Chromecast box
- Dex station
- Possible connection difficulties
Step-by-step instructions on how to connect your phone to a Samsung TV
The process of pairing devices does not take much time and depends on the selected connection type.
How to enable Bluetooth on Samsung Smart TV?
In order to enable Bluetooth on your Samsung TV, you need to do the following.
- First you need to go to the settings menu.
- Then you need to select the “Sound” section and click “OK”.
- Turn on Bluetooth on a paired device.
- After that, you need to open “Speaker Settings” or “Headset Connection”.
How to enable Smart View on Samsung TV?
On your TV, open the Sources menu and go to the Screen Mirroring tile to enable the mobile data function. If you are using a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, swipe down from the top of the screen and turn on Smart View or Screen Mirroring from the menu.
Can I control Samsung TV from my phone?
Samsung Smart TV and also control your TV using your mobile device. This application allows you to view multimedia content from your mobile device or computer on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to connect your phone to a DEXP TV via USB?
To synchronize the equipment, you need to insert one end of the cable into the smartphone (micro-USB), and connect the other (USB) to the TV-receiver. The required connector can be found on the side of the TV. If you could not find a suitable port yourself, you need to find it using the instruction manual for the TV receiver.
How to watch movies online from phone to TV?
We go to the gadget settings, the “Wireless networks” section, find the Wi-Fi Direct item there, turn on the option (put a tick). We do the same on the TV (as a rule, the path “Network. Wi-Fi Direct”). Pair two devices and enjoy.
How to connect your phone to a Samsung TV via USB?
- Connect your TV to your phone using a USB cable.
- Select USB as the Source on the TV.
- If necessary, confirm the connection mode on the phone.
- The large screen will display the folder structure or list of files that the TV has scanned and recognized.
How to display the image from the phone to the TV?
To display a smartphone screen on a TV, use one of two methods:
- Go to the settings of your smartphone. Find the item “Connected devices”. “Broadcasts”.
- Open the shutter and click on the icon with a square (a phone or waves can also be drawn on it, like the Wi-Fi icon).
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV via USB?
- Insert the micro USB connector into the phone connector, its specific configuration depends on the smartphone model.
- Connect the USB connector to the TV port.
- Turn on the TV and go to the main settings menu.
- Wait for the sync to complete, then you can start using the device.
How to connect phone to Samsung Smart TV?
In this guide, you will learn how to connect your phone to your Samsung Smart TV and what you need to do. So, to begin with, there are three options for connecting a smartphone to a Samsung smart TV:
Connecting Smartphone to Samsung Smart TV via Wi-Fi
In order to connect a mobile phone to a Samsung TV in this way, in addition to a smartphone, you need a Wi-Fi router, to which both devices will connect.
The first thing to do is download the free Samsung Smart View application to your smartphone (you can download it in the Google Play or iStore).
This program allows you to display the image from the phone screen on the TV, create a collection of your favorite films and programs, and also use the phone as a remote control to control TV.
After installing the application, you need to connect your TV and phone to the router (to the same Wi-Fi network), turn on the TV and launch the installed application.
The TVs available for connection are displayed on the phone screen. Choose the one you want and enjoy the picture on the big screen!
Attention! If a message appears asking you to enter a PIN-code. enter 0000, usually this value is set by default.
Miracast wireless connection
The Miracast connection essentially repeats the well-known Bluetooth. it is necessary to launch the search mode on the phone and TV and allow data exchange (all subsequent connections will take place automatically when the corresponding item is selected in the smartphone menu).
For example, on a Sony Xperia M4 smartphone, you need to go to Settings. Xperia Connections. Miracast Screen Mirroring. and then click on the “Start” button in order for the phone to detect the TV to which you can connect. Click on its name and then everything will happen automatically.
This way, you will be able to view your phone’s desktop on the big screen. It is worth noting that with this connection method, 4K video is duplicated without any problems and brakes.
But playing a dynamic game will not be easy. the image is broadcast with a delay of 0.5-1 sec.
HDMI connection using MHL technology
Connection in this way is carried out by connecting a phone and a Samsung TV using an HDMI. Micro USB cable.
You can find out if your phone supports MHL or not by looking at its specifications on the Internet. The TV is easier. just turn it on and press the “Source” button. If the source list contains HDMI / MHL, then everything is fine, you can connect.
As a rule, all modern smart TVs from Samsung are equipped with MHL technology, but if your model does not have it, you need to additionally purchase an adapter that converts the MHL signal to regular HDMI.
In this case, the device connection diagram will look like this:
In conclusion, it should be noted that connecting a phone to a TV via HDMI is perhaps the best way to connect, both in terms of image quality and sound.
We hope our instructions helped you. If you know other ways to connect your smartphone to Smart TV, then share them in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев.
Let’s start with the most popular option. Pairing two devices can be done using modern technology Wi-Fi Direct. It is provided on almost all Smart TV models produced today.
This option is also supported on most modern smartphones.
The main task is to connect devices to each other without the need to get an access point. A smartphone is recognized by a TV in the form of a multimedia device.
To pair your phone with Smart TV using Wi-Fi Direct, you need a certain algorithm of actions.
How to do screen mirroring in Samsung Galaxy A30
- Go to the settings of your smartphone.
- Select the section that contains the parameters of the wireless connection
- Activate the Wi-Fi Direct function.
- Next, you need to open the Samsung TV settings. Run the specified function and on this device.
- A notification about the start of scanning will be displayed on the TV screen.
- The television equipment will show the entire list of devices available for connection.
- Find the name of your smartphone in the list.
- A corresponding notification will be displayed on the display of the mobile phone with a request to synchronize devices.
- You will need to confirm the connection.
- Now you can start playing any selected files on your smartphone. everything will be broadcast from your phone to the large screen of your Samsung TV.
Broadcast via YouTube
- Before you start synchronizing your TV and smartphone, you need to make sure that the YouTube app is installed on the latter. If it is not in the device menu, you need to download the program from the market.
- Launch the installed YouTube app on your smartphone. Open the settings menu. Activate the Watch on TV option. If you did everything right, then the Samsung TV screen will display instructions with prompts for all subsequent actions.
- Launch YouTube on your TV. Go to settings. Designate the connection type. “In manual mode”.
- A special code will appear on the screen of the South Korean TV, which must be entered in the corresponding field on the screen of your smartphone. After that, you need to click on the “Add” button.
- In the list of detected devices, you need to find your Samsung TV. Once you’ve found the equipment you need, agree to broadcast. After that, you will be able to watch the video not on the small display of the phone, but on the big screen of the TV.
Modern models of mobile phones with Android operating system support Miracast technology. This wireless standard is released by Intel.
It should be borne in mind that when working in this way, certain delays may occur. This applies only to those cases when the image is broadcast from the smartphone directly to the TV screen.
To connect the phone to the TV in this way, you will need to open the settings of both the TV and the smartphone. Activate Miracast function on both devices.
Why is it necessary?
Thanks to the Wi-Fi wireless network, modern users have the ability to connect a variety of technical devices to each other. These include televisions and smartphones. This synchronization option when using home equipment provides many interesting and useful functions.
When you connect a smartphone to a Samsung TV, its characteristics and options will remain the same, but a number of certain actions will be much more convenient and interesting.
- You can connect your phone to a Samsung TV if you want to play your favorite games on the big screen of media technology. You can also connect a keyboard or joystick to the TV using the Bluetooth network for the most convenient game.
- By connecting the phone to a Samsung TV via a Wi-Fi network, users can play their favorite movies, video clips, photos and other necessary content on the gadget and transfer them to the big screen, which is very convenient.
- Often the need for this type of connection arises if you need to organize an impressive presentation on a large screen diagonal.
- It is very convenient to browse interesting Internet pages by connecting your phone to a Samsung TV.
- If you correctly connect the phone to the television equipment of the South Korean brand, it will be possible to control the latter using a smartphone, instead of a remote control. This is a very convenient solution, which is used by many owners of such devices.
The level of functionality of the considered technique increases if you correctly synchronize it via a Wi-Fi network. Such solutions make media devices not only multitasking, but also easy to use.
If you decide to connect your phone to a Samsung TV, there is a certain pattern you should follow. There are several effective ways to transfer an image from a smartphone to a TV screen using Wi-Fi.
How to connect your phone to a Samsung TV over Wi-Fi?
The Wi-Fi network opens up wide boundaries for its operation for users of modern media technology. Nowadays, a variety of devices can be synchronized with each other. Often there is a need to connect a smartphone to a TV. We will learn how to do it correctly, using the example of Samsung technology.
Using a router
This is an easy way that many users turn to. To use the router as a connecting device, you will need to carry out the following procedures:
- you need to open the menu of your Samsung TV;
- then you need to click on the “Network” item and go to an additional subsection;
- select “Wireless network”.
You should select the desired network, depending on its name. By clicking on the correct item, you will need to enter a security password (the security code of your Wi-Fi network). After that, it will turn out to connect the mobile phone to the home network.
Why is it needed?
First, once you connect your phone to the TV, you can still use all of the phone’s functions as before, but it will be easier to browse content. And secondly, sometimes there are force majeure situations in which the ability to display information on a TV medium is the only way to save the situation, for example, organizing a video selector or urgently organizing a broadcast.
Let’s consider all the display of the phone screen on the TV using the example of the most demanded company on the TV gadgets market, namely Samsung.
How to connect your phone to a Samsung TV to watch movies via USB
The most common and understandable way to output content from a phone to a Samsung TV is synchronization via USB, you can transfer both video files and files for viewing and editing the necessary content, depending on the situation.
The wire, or the adapter used in this case, it is better to purchase a universal one, suitable for all Android devices.
The main condition should be the presence of an HDMI, VGA, DVI, Display Port or miniDP plug on the other end, based on your devices. Using a wire, we connect the phone to a Samsung TV.
Then, in the TV settings, select the channel marked HDMI (on some TV models, these channels may be designated H1, H2, H3, H4). At the same time, if the question of connection is not displayed on the smartphone screen, then manually select the “Connections” section of the menu on the phone in the options, after which the broadcast signal should start.
Because the location of the TV carrier often does not allow putting a phone and / or tablet next to it, this method does not always find its practical application.
Connection via MHL adapter
Having at our disposal modern gadgets with the support of the MHL, it is simply a crime to deprive yourself of the opportunity to play games.
For this, the developers came up with a way to initially implant the MHL standard into devices, which allows video feed directly from the data port, which, by the way, can be used as a banal charger.
It looks like a hard drive. Having such an adapter at your disposal, there is nothing easier than having access to the TV, convert the telephone format to a more convenient one for games, after connecting the phone to the TV. After connecting the adapter to the phone, follow the instructions displayed on the screen of the gadget.
The ability to use this method significantly accelerates the loss of charging capacity of the mobile device, because when broadcasting to TV, the battery does not charge. If your gadget model does not support this type of connection, then you should not be upset. This indicates that you are already using more advanced models, in which the mistakes of past experiments have already been taken into account.
Connection via MHL adapter
Slim Port to help you
Unlike the previous method, this one is much more productive and simpler, connection via SlimPort allows you to display the image from the phone to the Samsung TV immediately.
Connecting via Slim Port provides better quality broadcasting, because the signal is transmitted without decoding, and as a result there are no lags during image transmission.
How to Mirror Phone Screen to Samsung TV via Slim Port
Another plus is that at the same time you can connect an adapter to charge the battery, which will significantly increase the content viewing process. The image quality corresponds to the standard 1080p. You will need the port itself and the cable from the TV.
Having established the connection channel on the TV, often denoted by PC or HDMI, at first you will see the inscription “no signal”. After that, you need to pair the information carriers and the desktop of your gadget will appear on the TV screen.
It will not work to save on the quality of the cable. Cheap copies will create extraneous noise, and sometimes they will not miss a signal at all.
How to connect your phone to a Samsung TV
A huge number of gadgets that have flooded our lives do not always facilitate the tasks set, and often also throw up problems.
Viewing video files and photos from the screen of a mobile phone is inconvenient and not always appropriate if it is possible to connect your favorite smartphone to a Samsung TV and display an image or video stream on a large TV screen. To accomplish this task, there are several options, both over wireless protocols and using a wired connection.
Wireless pairing via Wi-Fi
Adapters and adapters are far from always lying in s, especially those suitable for all models of TV carriers. That is why, almost immediately after the adapters, data transmission technologies appeared via wireless networks and applications, in particular via Wi-Fi, in order to broadcast images and videos on the Smart TV screen.
To use this method, you just need to find your TV model in the lists of devices available for connection and make the possibility of pairing them available.
Broadcast video stream and image from phone to Samsung TV via Wi-Fi
In some cases, it is not possible to broadcast the full screen of your mobile device, so watching videos from old phone models on a Samsung TV that is not the latest models requires settings and a certain codec format. Viewing will be limited to video files or applications with suitable specifications.
Another modern opportunity to connect a phone to a Samsung TV via Screen Mirroring is a video broadcast from a smartphone screen to a Samsung Smart TV:
- on a tablet / smartphone, open the quick settings panel by swiping your finger across the screen from top to bottom;
- “Quick connection” and as a result of the search, select your TV in the list;
- then tap on “Device screen. on TV (Smart View) “;
- waiting for the device to connect to a Samsung TV,
- as a result, we get a duplication of the smartphone / tablet screen on the TV.
Adapter and cables
In addition to mirror technology, there is another way to connect a mobile phone to a Samsung TV, we will talk about how further. So, we need an HDMI cable and an MHL adapter, and a phone / tablet with MHL technology support and Smart TV. There are original adapters from Samsung and others from different manufacturers.
We proceed to the connection, shown in detail in the image:
- connect your phone / tablet to the adapter;
- micro USB power cable to an outlet or through a power-bank. it may not function without additional power supply or the transmission will slow down. read the manufacturer’s instructions;
- HDMI, respectively, into the connector on the adapter and into the TV. Samsung connector.
Next, turn on the TV and select the “HDMI” output, the number depends on the number on the TV panel, and we immediately see the screen of our smartphone / tablet. Here are some ways to connect your phone / smartphone to Samsung TV.
Android 4.x and 5.x
- turn on the TV and press the “Source” button on the remote control;
- choose “Screen Mirroring” from the menu. Owners of M and K series models skip this step.
- open the “Menu” of your phone / tablet;
- section “Connect and Send” → “Screen Mirroring” the title “All Share Cast” is also possible.
- the device will start searching and select your Samsung from the list;
- connection will start;
- the result of the operations performed is the appearance of the smartphone / tablet screen image on the TV screen.
- on a tablet / smartphone, opens the quick settings panel by moving your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom;
- expand the panel completely by pulling down again → then swipe from left to right to display “Additional settings” → “Smart View”.
- then we also select our TV from the found list and wait for connection.
How to connect your phone to a Samsung TV?
This article will describe how to connect your phone to a Samsung TV. Let’s dwell on each of the available options. Before you step by step indicate how to connect a smartphone to a TV, including Samsung, it is worth figuring out which models have the “Screen Mirroring” function.
“Screen Mirroring” function allows you to mirror the screen of your Samsung smartphone / tablet without any cables. Thus, all actions performed with the phone / tablet will be displayed on the TV screen.
I would like to note that not all modern TVs have the above function. If you have a model of the F, J, K and M series, for more accurate information, you need to check the capabilities of your particular device. You can view this information:
- having opened the user manual, namely the section “Connecting to a mobile”, did not find a mention of “Screen Mirroring”. it means that your device does not support this function;
- by contacting Samsung online chat every day from 9 to 20 (Moscow time), following the link to the official user support website https://livechat.support.Samsung.com/Customer/Notice.aspx?Code=-200
Check your smartphone and tablet in the same way. After making sure that your device and mobile devices support the function, go to the settings. I would like to make a reservation right away that the “Screen Mirroring” function greatly simplifies the transfer of information, but in its absence, there is also a possibility.
The function will help you easily and quickly set up access to multimedia on your device, it looks like in the screenshot below.
CONNECT Any SAMSUNG Phone In TV | Use Wirelessly Play Game & Video Anything
For convenience, we will divide the instructions according to Android versions.
Connecting your phone to a Samsung TV: 5 Комментарии и мнения владельцев
Here’s the situation: Samsung Galaxy s4mini phone and Samsung Smart TV no matter how hard I tried to connect. It crashes and that’s it. I did not try for a long time, but yesterday I took it and tried it, and lo and behold, on the second attempt I connected and everything worked off. Tried 125 times today to crash, crash and crash and so on 125 times. What is the problem?
I HAVE Lumia Windows 10, WANT TO CONNECT TO SAMSUNG Smart TV TO USE THE CLEANER. OR IT IS POSSIBLE TO CONNECT TO SAMSUNG ONLY Android THANKS. With UV. EVGENIY.
Hello Evgeny. Samsung Smart TV connects not only to Android, but also to smartphones based on other OS. The most convenient connection option is through Mirakast
Hello, I have a Samsung 5 series TV (43). phone oppo a 1 k, tell me if it is possible to connect them to each other to use the phone as a game console, if so, tell us in as much detail as possible. Thank you in advance.
Hello, I have a Samsung 5 series 43 TV, an oppo a 1 k phone, is it possible to connect them to each other to use them as a game console? If so, please tell us more.
Displaying the smartphone screen via Miracast is in a sense repeating the process of using Bluetooth. To connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV in this way, you should:
- Activate device search on TV and mobile device.
- Allow data exchange.
- Connection will occur automatically if the corresponding option is selected in the smartphone.
This is a general pairing scheme, but a detailed example is the connection on a Sony Xperia M4 phone:
- Open smartphone options.
- Go to Xperia Connections, then Miracast Screen Mirroring.
- Press the orange Start button. The TV will be searched.
- Next, you should select its name. After connecting, the picture from the phone will be displayed on the TV screen.
Miracast provides enough data transfer rate to display 4K video. With regard to games, the situation is worse. there is a 0.5-1 second delay, which is very noticeable in dynamic scenes.
Ways to Connect to Samsung Smart TV
Android or iOS smartphones can be connected to Samsung TVs. To do this, the latter must have their own operating system and access to the Internet. Pairing devices is performed for displaying images and videos, controlling a TV, transferring files. The article will take a closer look at how to connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV.
There are four ways to connect a mobile device to a Samsung TV: via the app, the built-in function of the Samsung smartphone, Miracast, and an HDMI cable. The choice of method depends on the goals of the user, the OS of the phone and the TV model. So, for games, it is better to use a wired connection, as this will avoid delays in image transmission.
Before proceeding with the description of the step-by-step guide, it should be noted that the TV must be connected to the Internet. This is done over a wired channel or using Wi-Fi. The smartphone must also be connected to the Internet and be on the same home network with the TV.
TVs of the M, Q, K series already have a built-in Wi-Fi module. If you want to make a wireless connection in other models, you will have to purchase a special adapter that connects to the USB port.
Owners of Samsung smartphones have the ability to connect without installing additional software. The proprietary Screen Mirroring function connects two devices from the same manufacturer. It is supported by TVs of the F, J, K, M series, regarding the rest. you should clarify the information using one of the following sources:
- Instruction. The Mobile Device Connection section should mention Screen Mirroring. If there is no such information, there is no support.
- Company customer support chat. Follow the link http://livechat.support.Samsung.com/Customer_new/RU and ask a question to the consultant.
The following will describe how to connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV, depending on the OS version of your smartphone.
For Android 4.x and 5.x, the steps are as follows:
- Turn on the TV and call the “Source” menu by pressing the corresponding button on the remote control.
- Select “Screen Mirroring”.
Open mobile phone settings. Go to the “Connect and Send” section, then. “Screen Mirroring”.
Wait until the end of the search for available devices, select the required TV.
The connection process will start, as a result of which the image from the smartphone display will be displayed on the big screen.
For Android 6.x, the instructions are a little simpler:
Lower the quick settings shade on your phone.
Select the “Quick connection” item, then. the found TV from the list.
Connect Your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone To Your Samsung TV
A list of available actions will open, where you should click on the line “Device screen. on TV “.
The pairing process starts. As a result, the picture will start to duplicate.
Owners of smartphones running Android 7.x should do the following:
Pull down the quick access bar by swiping from the top of the phone screen. Then repeat the action to fully expand the list of available actions.
Swipe from left to right to open additional settings. There you should select the item “Smart View”.
Smart View App
The method of connection via the Smart View application is suitable for owners of smartphones of any brand running both on Android OS (version 4.1 and higher) and on iOS (starting from version 7.0). To complete the task, you must:
The presented instructions will help you understand how to connect your phone to Samsung Smart TV. Among the main functions of the application, the following are worth highlighting:
- remote control;
- “Dual View” mode, which provides display of the phone display on the TV and vice versa;
- using Smart Hub widgets;
- turning off the power of the TV via Bluetooth (not supported on all models);
- game mode that turns your smartphone into a joystick;
- activating TV sleep mode.
Considering the ease of installation and the number of useful functions, we can say that this is one of the most optimal connection methods. However, there are others that have their own advantages.
This type of connection is carried out via a cable or a special adapter. Before purchasing peripherals, you should study the technical characteristics of both devices and make sure that the MHL technology is supported. If there is one, a cable will be enough, at one end of which there is an HDMI output, and at the other. a Micro-USB.
Otherwise, you will have to use an MHL-HDMI adapter. There are both branded adapters from Samsung and cheaper counterparts from other manufacturers on the market. A diagram of how to connect a phone to a Samsung Smart TV using an adapter will look like this:
- The smartphone is connected to the adapter via the Micro-USB input.
- The adapter is connected to a power cable that goes to the outlet or to the Power Bank, as well as an HDMI cable, the other end of which is inserted into the corresponding connector on the TV.
- When all the connectors are connected, it remains to select the signal source on the TV. After that, the picture will start to be displayed on the big screen.
Although a wired connection requires additional equipment, it is the most optimal in terms of image quality and signal transmission speed.