How to Connect Redmi Earbuds to Phone
How to connect both Xiaomi headphones?
Each Xiaomi AirDots earbud is equipped with a dedicated touchpad located on the outside of each device. This allows you to quickly connect the headset to the phone. The process of connecting a device to Android and iPhone is the same.
Consecutive steps on how to connect wireless headphones to a smartphone:
- Take both devices and pinch the panels at the same time until a purple-red flicker appears. This process will reset the previous settings.
- Place the earbuds back in the charging case. There the headset should sync. The right earpiece is activated first, since it is considered the main one. Its readiness for use is indicated by a pale purple blinking.
- Then go to Bluetooth settings on your phone. There you need to select the headset you need to connect, which is usually designated “MI AirDots BASIC_R” (you can change this name yourself). Next, the smartphone needs to be connected to the right earpiece, and it is already connected to the left device.
You can increase the operating time of the Xiaomi headset by connecting only one earphone. The procedure is fast and does not require any special skills. To do this, in the Bluetooth settings, you need to select the left or right device, which is designated “MI AirDots BASIC_L” or “MI AirDots BASIC_R”, respectively.
The indicator will first search for a pair, which is indicated by the corresponding flashing of the indicator. But after 15 seconds, the flickering will slow down and one earbud will start functioning on its own. Next, the device will connect to the phone.
Xiaomi AirDots how to connect both earphones to the phone?
The stylish Xiaomi Air dots wireless headphones are compact, lightweight and functional. The unique device is able to work without interruption for up to 4-5 hours. The main thing is to know how to properly connect both Xiaomi headphones.
How to pair Xiaomi AirDots headphones?
In some cases, it is not possible to connect two Xiaomi headphones at once. Usually this situation occurs when the left device loses the right one, which is the master in this pair.
How to connect a wireless headset to each other:
- Disconnect two devices. To do this, you will have to simultaneously clamp the touch panels on the devices. The shutdown is indicated by a red color on the indicators.
- Turn on your headphones. To do this, hold down the touchpad again for half a minute. First, the indicator will light up white, and after 10-20 seconds a red-white light will appear, which will flash a couple of times.
- Reset the settings. You will have to hold the touchpad again. The system should go out for a few seconds, then blink a couple of times, after which you will have to set up the headphones again.
- Charge your headset. In the charging case, the devices will start syncing. After that, take out the headphones and connect to the phone.
Xiaomi wireless headphones have some operational features that will have to be taken into account when connecting and setting up devices. When the headset is discharged, the indicator glows red. Full charge is indicated by white light.
The touchpads will help you turn on, turn off, set up the headset, but you can’t adjust the volume with them. To find out the percentage level of charge, you will have to go to the Bluetooth settings.
Switching devices off and on is accompanied by comments in Chinese. This is a normal process, so there is no need to worry about possible breakdowns. Headphones do not turn off automatically when removed from your ears.
The average operating time of the headset is 2-5 hours. Much depends on the air temperature (the colder, the faster the devices lose their charge). To fully charge, you need to put the devices in the charging case for 40-50 minutes.
To pause the music, you need to “hit” the body once. Double tap will help you connect with the voice assistant. If you need to take a call, press it twice. A single tap will help you drop an incoming call.
Turning the headphones on and off
Both i12 TWS earbuds turn on automatically after removing them from the charging case.
To turn off the i12 TWS earbuds, touch and hold the earbud for 5 seconds.
Instructions for use of i12 TWS bluetooth earphone bluetooth. Instructions for i12 TWS wireless earbuds
The i12 TWS Bluetooth earbuds are perhaps one of the best alternatives to Apple Airpods earbuds. Below is a quick guide to using the i12 TWS headphones.
Checking the battery charge level.
Battery indicator is displayed on iOS or Android phone.
When the battery is low in the smartphone, a corresponding notification appears.
Reject an incoming call
Press and hold any earphone for 1 second until you hear voice prompt: Call rejected.
Answering calls with i12 TWS earphones
When there is an incoming call, you will hear a beep in the left earpiece. Tap any earphone to answer a call.
I12 TWS bluetooth earphone charging
To charge the i12 TWS headphone case, connect the USB cable to it and then connect the cable to a power source (AC adapter, Power Bank, PC, laptop, etc.).
After connecting the power, the indicator of the case will flash red. A change in color or light pattern means the battery is fully charged.
Insert the earbuds into the case to charge them. The headphone LED will turn red.
The indicator will turn blue when the i12 TWS bluetooth earbuds are fully charged.
Hang up (hang up) i12 TWS
A short touch on any earbud will end the call.
Step 2. Phone
Now let’s go directly to the phone. Since we are dealing with Bluetooth, we go to its settings (all pictures below are clickable to enlarge):
Headphones should appear in the opened tab after a while:
If they are not here, turn off and on the headphones again, and exit and re-enter the Bluetooth settings. As a result, you should have headphones there as in the picture above. Please note that only the RIGHT earphone is visible. Redmi AirDots_R. this is normal for TWS earphones when one of them is the main one. Those. you connect to the right one, and they somehow agree with each other without us.
It remains only to click on our earpiece and agree to the connection:
Everything. Headphones appear in the list of paired devices.
Then you just need to turn on the headphones, and they will automatically connect to your phone. And no more customization! Is it convenient? If one day they do not want to automatically connect. either we try to restart the headphones and the phone, or remove the headphones from the paired devices and try to reconnect as in the first paragraph.
How to connect Xiaomi wireless headphones: my experience
Friends, I warmly welcome you to our next instruction article! Now you will find out how you can connect your Xiaomi Bluetooth headphones to a Xiaomi phone (and not only). The whole problem is created from the fact that for some reason the phone does not automatically connect them, as it is done in the same AirPods, but having configured this once, then everything will be connected automatically. Sure it will take less than a minute. Begin.
Step 1. Turn on the headphones
Before connecting to headphones, you must first turn them on somehow. I recommend that you read the instructions specifically for your model. some have separate buttons, and TWS like my AirDots are activated simply by removing them from the case. we take out the right and left headphones and insert them into our ears along the way.
The rest of the steps need to be done while the Xiaomi wireless headphones are in search mode (in my case, the white light on the right ear blinks). If you didn’t have time to connect the first time, just turn off-turn on the headphones again (well, or put them back in the case and take them out).
Additions from the author
There is nothing more to add here. But if there is something else. write, I will add below.
- Yes, the headphones mate perfectly with both Android and Apple. no problems were noticed in operation, the Bluetooth standard is the same for everyone (well, almost).
- Another very common problem with the invisibility of headphones is that they are simply discharged or the battery has died. I recommend charging to the full and making sure that the lights signal that the device is working and is in search.
- Not all headsets support connecting multiple devices to them. therefore, before looking for and connecting headphones, I recommend making sure that they are not already connected to another device (in my case, headphones are often connected to a laptop before finding a phone).
- Connecting to Windows computers also occurs without any problems. In my practice, Xiaomi always works without any dirty tricks, the sound goes to both headphones.
- And yes, I almost forgot, Xiaomi phones can easily connect to any Bluetooth headphones without any visible restrictions. Like any Xiaomi headphones, they work with any technology. Those. understand that Bluetooth technology is backward compatible for everyone. Therefore, if something does not work or does not connect. or you have not activated pairing mode, or the battery is dead, or your headphones are time to go to the trash can. Happy End) For non-believers, there is still a reset to Factory settings. But personally, oh, how I do not like this business (I reset only when I change the phone).
Are AirPods compatible with an Android smartphone
When connected to an Android smartphone, AirPods will be no different from regular wireless headphones. If you have Bluetooth in your phone, feel free to connect such headphones. But for more convenience, you may need different applications. For example, AirBatter or Asistant Trigger will help determine if you have inserted headphones in your ear to automatically start broadcasting audio. Also, the program can determine the charge of the cover and the “ears” themselves.
The following functions will be unavailable for the user:
- interruption of audio recording after the earphone is removed from the ear;
- it is impossible to control the charge and control the power consumption of the smartphone.
It’s easy to connect AirPods to your Android phone. Also turn on Bluetooth on your phone, then open the charging case cover. Press the button on the back and wait for the charge indicator to flash white. The headphones will appear in the list of available devices, connect to them.
Step-by-step instructions for connecting wireless headphones for Android
After the “blue tooth” has turned on on the phone, activate the headphones. To do this, press the power button, and then make a long press on the Bluetooth activation button. The indicator, if present, should blink. On the phone, in the appropriate section, select the option. Search for devices. After some time, the smartphone will offer you to choose one of the found gadgets. Most often, you can recognize your headphones by the name. If you purchased a Chinese device, then the name may be long and confusing. Just unplug your device and see what disappears from the screen.
After you have found your headphones, click directly on them. you will be prompted to connect them to your smartphone. Agree. The selected device should appear in the upper list of established connections. It will say “Connected” next to it. In most cases, the same line will reflect the state of charge of the headphones.
If you have headphones in a case, then keep in mind: it is better to open the cover after you turn on the power on the device, after waiting for the ready indicator.
Connecting to headphones from Apple gadgets isn’t much different. Turn them on first, then Bluetooth in the phone settings. After that, select your device in the list of found equipment and allow the connection.
Most often, they use AirPods with the iPhone, which allow you to use Siri remotely. In this case, first make sure your smartphone software is new enough. For example, the Pro version of the gadget will only work with iOS above version 13.2, the 2nd generation will connect exclusively with a device on iOs 12.2 and above.
Further, the sequence of actions is similar. Turn on Bluetooth on your phone, place the headphone case next to your smartphone and open it. An animation will appear on the screen, click “Connect”. If you have a Pro version, an instruction will appear next. With the 1st and 2nd generation, everything is easier. If Siri is not configured, then after connecting the phone will prompt you to do it.
Why the connection might not be established
For example, you do everything according to the rules, the device appears in the list of available for connection via Bluetooth, but the connection does not occur. Or your gadget does not appear on this list at all. There may be several reasons for this:
If you turn on the headphones, but they do not appear in the list, try pressing the connection button on them again. If this does not help, turn off the gadget and turn it on again. Then try disabling Bluetooth on your phone and enabling it again by manually searching for nearby devices. Also try to place the earbuds as close to the phone as possible, especially for the first connection.
If the headphones are on the list, but pairing does not work, check if they are already connected to another device nearby. If the connection has already been established with another smartphone, tablet, computer, or TV, the second connection will fail. You need to find this device and turn off Bluetooth on it, then the connection will be cut off and you can connect to another gadget. If you do not know what kind of device it is, just turn off the headphones, place them directly next to the phone with an active network, and only then press the power button. In this case, the gadget will connect with the device that is closer.
Interference from other wireless devices may cause failures. Take them away and try again.
If the device takes too long to connect, but there is no result, click on its name in the list and select “Unpair” or “Disconnect”. Then restart your smartphone and try again.
How to connect wireless headphones to your phone
Popular questions and answers
What to do if only one earphone is connected
One AirPods not working.
Try resetting your AirPods. To do this, in Settings, find the Bluetooth parameter, in the list of available devices, click on the letter i next to the name of the headphones and select “Forget this device”. After that, first put the headphones in the closed case for a minute. Then first open the case, wait for the white indicator to appear, place the device with the lid open next to the smartphone and press the connect button on the iPhone screen.
The problem may be with the old firmware. Try updating to the latest version. You can check which one you have in Settings. To do this, you need to sequentially select: Basic. About this device. Name of the headphones.
Check the volume balance on the device in the audio settings. Perhaps the slider has moved to the left or right, and the sound simply does not go to one of the headphones.
If devices are connected but there is no sound, clean the headphones. For this, it is better to use microfiber and cotton swabs.
Try connecting the headphones to another iPhone and if the problem persists, contact a service center. The headphone battery may be out of order, or the internal wire is damaged.
Only one earphone of any brand is connected. 1. Try to re-establish the connection by first removing the device.
Clean your headphones.
Try connecting them to another gadget to understand which device is the problem.
If the problem is with the phone, update the firmware or do a factory reset.
The process of connecting wireless headphones is a little more complicated. Today, there are several ways to connect them to a smartphone. The distance between devices should not be more than 10 m. Premium models assume support at a distance of 100 m. The basic pairing method can be found in the manual of the headphones themselves and the phone:
- Before connecting the headphones, you need to activate them
- After the headphones are turned on, you need to go to the Bluetooth section through the Smartphone Settings Menu. Most often, it is among the first from the general list of settings.
- After selecting the line “Bluetooth”, you need to move the slider to the “on” position
- Next, a window appears on the smartphone screen with a search for new devices
- In the list that appears, you need to find the name of the headset
- To pair, you will need to enter a code. Most often it is 0000.
If the bluetooth headset is used only for talking on the phone, it will be impossible to listen to music through it. However, the developers of the Android operating system managed to find a way out of such situations. They have created a special “Bluetooth Router” application that is available to all users on the PlayMarket platform. After downloading this utility, you need to connect Bluetooth on the audio headset and smartphone, then follow the standard pairing procedure and only then run the program to install the router.
Instructions for connecting headphones
Modern headphones for smartphones are a specialized audio headset through which you can not only listen to music, but also receive incoming calls. Built-in microphone, despite its miniature size, clearly transmits sound information.
Modern headsets for phones are classified according to their technical characteristics. But first of all, the connection method is considered:
- Wired headphones. They are connected to the phone via a mini jack with a diameter of 3.5 mm.
- Wireless headphones. This kind of headset connects to a smartphone via Bluetooth technology.
Also, headphones are divided by form factor. Wireless models lock on one ear.
Wired devices have a standard droplet or vacuum headphone shape. The model is not very common in society, as it requires a lot of battery power. Most often they are used to connect to a PC, laptop or TV. But this does not mean that they cannot be used to connect to a smartphone. over, the Android OS assumes the use of a headset of different designs.
In general, connecting a headset to a phone is not difficult. Each individual headphone model comes with instructions. Wired models just need to be connected via a mini jack to a special connector on a smartphone. But to connect wireless headphones, you need to establish a Bluetooth connection.
The process of connecting wired headphones to your phone is very simple. First of all, you need to inspect your smartphone.
Today there are 2 options for connecting a wired headset:
- Micro USB. This connection method is used for many operations with the phone, such as charging or transferring data. It is also suitable for connecting headphones.
- Mini jack with a standard size of 3.5 mm. This type of connector is the most popular. Through it, you can connect not only a headset, but also stereo equipment, namely front, stationary and portable speakers.
To make the wireless headset active, just connect its plug to the corresponding jack. The smartphone instantly detects the connection of a new device and starts transmitting sound only to the headphones.
How to connect headphones to your phone?
Today, headphones are an integral part of the life of any smartphone owner. This statement especially applies to young people. The headset allows you to receive calls without taking your phone out of your. which is very pleasant in winter. Headphones for phones are especially popular with drivers. With them there is no need to let go of the steering wheel to pick up the phone, besides, talking on the phone while driving is prohibited in many countries of the world.
How to setup
Connecting headphones to a smartphone is one thing, but setting up a headset is a completely different matter. Before proceeding with the standard operation of wired headphones on smartphones with Android OS, it is necessary to determine the compatibility of the devices:
- You want to view the headset resistance reading. It is indicated in ohms. Its numerical value is located on the headset packaging. The ideal option for smartphones are headphones with an impedance of 16-32 ohms. Some models of smartphones can contact the headset with a resistance range of 50-64 ohms. Modern smartphone models do not have an amplifier. If you connect a headset with a high impedance level to your smartphone, the sound will be faint and unclear.
- It is necessary to clarify the type of connection. In this case, the options for audio jack trs and trrs are considered. In simple terms, trs is a regular audio jack with a diameter of 3.5 mm, and trrs is a standard size mini jack with an additional contact for transmitting a microphone signal. A good headset often comes with a balanced cable and balanced jack that look like a plug in appearance. However, you cannot connect them to the phone.
- Volume check. If the headphone specifications match smartphones and the sound is quiet when connected, you should check the volume level for applications. This feature is present in all phones with the Android operating system. For each individual application, you can set its own volume. Most likely, the player has a low sound value.
- It is necessary to test the headphones by calling. If you can hear the interlocutor well during the conversation, there is no interference, then the headphones fit perfectly and went through the required setting. If suddenly there is no sound, you should check the serviceability of the audio jack or the microcircuit operating the sound effects of the phone.
- After connecting the headphones, you need to check if the smartphone has recognized the new device. Quite often, when a headset is connected, a headphone icon appears at the top of the working panel of the phone. If it does not appear, then you need to check the tightness of the plug into the connector. As an additional check of the functionality of the purchased headset, you must take other headphones with the same type of connection. If the other headset works perfectly, then the purchased headphones are faulty.
- After checking the fit of the headphones and determining that the headset is working, you need to proceed to the sound setting. To do this, you can use a standard equalizer or an additional application corresponding to the operating system. It’s worth noting that third-party apps are the best customization option for smartphone users. They can be used to change the general nature of the playback of sounds, increase the standard maximum volume, add bass and much more.
But the owners of a wireless headset for smartphones with the Android operating system are doubly lucky:
- A wireless headset is most convenient for continuous use, although it requires timely recharging.
- Setting up these headphones is much easier. There are practically no problems when connecting them.
To set up a wireless headset, you must turn on Bluetooth and use the system equalizer of your smartphone. You can also download a third-party application that matches your headset type. With him it will be possible to establish not only the general configuration, but also different sound effects.
When connecting a wired headset, problems are extremely rare. Modern users don’t even look at the instruction manual. With her, everything is extremely simple and understandable. But when pairing wireless headphones via Bluetooth technology, some difficulties may arise:
- A common mistake of smartphone users when pairing a bluetooth headset is the disabled visibility of the smartphone to other devices. It is enough just to disable this parameter.
- The lack of connection between the headset and the smartphone may be due to the mismatch of the Bluetooth versions. This is, of course, extremely rare. But to resolve this issue, only updating the wireless technology will help either on one or on both devices.
- Most gadgets after pairing remain connected until one of the devices is reset to factory settings. However, some phones will still require re-pairing with the headset on subsequent connections.
A detailed overview of connecting wireless headphones to your phone is presented in the following video:
Users of iPhone or other mobile phones with Bluetooth technology can safely purchase wireless headphones, since it will not be difficult to connect them to the device. The principle of combining a smartphone with additional equipment wirelessly is almost the same.
Depending on the operating system installed in the device, access to the settings may be different. Therefore, a user who decided to figure out how to connect headphones to a phone, in addition to this article, should use the smartphone manufacturer’s instructions. It shows step by step the process of accessing the settings and the principle of changing the phone parameters in order to connect two devices wirelessly. Next, the connection method will be described using the example of an iPhone and a mobile phone with the Android operating system installed.
The instruction will be useful for iPhone users of different models, which allow you to connect additional devices via wireless Bluetooth. The principle of connection is approximately the same for both specially designed products for the iPhone and equipment popular among users of smartphones from other manufacturers.
Recommendations: How to charge wireless headphones. How to connect headphones to a TV. How to use wireless Bluetooth headphones
Turn on your wireless headphones. The attached instructions should tell you how to turn on the device and start the hardware discovery mode to establish a wireless connection. Typically, headsets have an indicator that glows in different colors, depending on the mode in which it is currently.
In the phone, enter the mode of changing the operating parameters. That is, the user needs to find the “Settings” button on the screen, go to the menu, find “Wireless networks” in it and turn on Bluetooth.
After a short wait, the smartphone will find the connected equipment and, depending on its settings, will offer or will not offer to enter an access password. If the user has not changed the default settings, then the wireless headphones will connect without asking for a password. How to change or find out the default password, the user will learn from the instructions that come with the headset.
By going to the Bluetooth settings settings, you can see all the devices connected wirelessly of this type. The user should see the connected wireless headphones in the list. If they are not there, then communication with the device has not been established, therefore, you should check the sequence of setting up and compare with the sequence indicated in this manual.
After a successful connection, the user will see a special icon in the status bar of the smartphone, signaling the connection of wireless headphones.
Owners of mobile phones running the Android operating system sometimes face the problem of connecting two devices wirelessly due to incorrect settings. Problems can arise not only with the combination of two devices, but also with music playback.
Instructions for setting up the transmission of sounds via Bluetooth
Establishing a wireless connection between the phone and headphones.
Download and install the program.
We launch the application and switch the broadcast of the audio stream to the headphones.
The disadvantage of using software is the high energy consumption. The battery will drain quickly as the wireless data transmission is always active. To save battery, you will have to regularly disable the application manually.
turn on the headset;
activate the Bluetooth data transfer mode in the phone;
enter the wireless settings and start the search mode for new devices;
connect the found device by clicking on its name in the list of found equipment;
enter the code, if required;
it is important that the sound goes not to the built-in speakers, but to the connected headphones, you need to enter the phone sound system settings and cancel the “Sound during a call” function;
By activating the “Multimedia Sound” function, the user will be able to listen to music through wireless headphones.
Not all models of wireless headphones support multimedia streaming. Such restrictions are introduced at the software level, so, if desired, the user can easily bypass them by installing the appropriate software.
The 7 best wireless earbuds for your phone, tablet or smartphone
Usually, after a software update, there are various malfunctions of the connected devices. If after updating the operating system, the wireless headphones do not appear in the list of available devices for connection, try following the instructions below.
Instructions for eliminating software failures:
Reboot the operating system using the corresponding button on the screen.
If it doesn’t help, do a system reset to return to factory settings. All important user data should be saved before resetting. When you return to factory settings, all user data will be permanently deleted.
The last global way to solve all problems is to flash the device. This method will get rid of all software glitches, but if done incorrectly, can do more harm than good. Therefore, if all the above measures did not help to configure the wireless connection, then contact the service center.
Featured Materials: Top 10 Chinese Wireless Headphones. 11 best earbuds for your phone 20 best wireless bluetooth headphones The 5 best ASUS headphones. 5 best Awei headphones. 5 of the best Creative headphones. The 7 best Sennheiser headphones. The 9 best Beats headphones. No sound from headphones