How to connect Redmi 7a to TV
Connecting to a TV using Chromecast
It is worth clarifying right away: the Google Chromecast device is just one of the devices that support the technology of the same name.
In the same way, many phones support it, from Google Pixel and Samsung to Xiaomi and Huawei, as well as all sorts of third-tier Chinese know-how. And also a considerable number of TVs, which is perhaps more important.
If your Wi-Fi network has a TV with Chromecast support, then a special icon will appear in the player window on the smartphone, offering to transfer the video broadcast to the TV.
After transferring with a smartphone, you can do anything: at least start the game, at least look for new headphones on Aliexpress, at least put it aside altogether, since in fact the smartphone will simply transfer the video link to the TV and display the controls, and it will already play the file by the specified link.
In addition, Chromecast supports Google Assistant, so you can not search for videos manually, but send your voice assistant to do it.
By the way, via Chromecast, you can transfer video to the TV and from the laptop, and then the laptop can be removed altogether: the TV received a link and opened the video directly from the site, so the mediation of the laptop is, in principle, not needed.
And one more pleasant moment: Chromecast technology by default supports Miracast mode, that is, you can send a link to the TV series of interest to the TV, or you can switch to screen mirroring and flip through the same pictures on the big screen.
How to connect your phone to a TV using Miracast
Miracast technology is, in fact, a wireless analogue of an HDMI cable that transmits everything that happens on the screen of a smartphone or computer to a connected TV. A kind of wireless screen mirroring.
On an Android smartphone, this function is either in the settings, in the connections section. “Broadcast”, or in the curtain, where it can be called differently, for example Screen Mirroring, Mirror Share, Smart View or something else. The iPhone has a counterpart: AirPlay. In fact, the same thing, so you don’t have to look for “crutches”.
Everything is fine, but Miracast has a couple of not very convenient features. Firstly, this is really a complete duplication of the screen, that is, if you lock your phone, the TV screen also goes blank. And secondly, there is no multitasking: what happens on the big screen is exactly what happens on a smartphone, which means that you can’t launch a movie and sit on social networks or play with it, for example.
This system is preinstalled on most modern TVs, and for older models you can purchase a TV-Box such as Xiaomi Mi Box: it is relatively inexpensive, and the functionality is excellent. And Chromecast, and Miracast, and any other “cast” from the playmarket, plus an independent operating system. And the same Xiaomi Mi Box S supports Chromecast Ultra technology, which allows you to broadcast video in 4K, and at the same time it costs only 50. The set-top box itself is connected “by wire”, but communication with the outside world is already wireless, via Wi-Fi.
In a sense, this is an analogue of a wireless adapter, but with more extensive capabilities, not limited to transferring information from a smartphone.
Connecting a phone to a TV using OTGMHL
The easiest and most obvious option is a wired connection using the appropriate adapter.
On the one hand, yes, in the era of wireless technologies, wired connection is generally the last century and it is unclear why there are so many wires in the house. On the other hand, it is this method that transfers the image directly from the phone without any delays, so in some situations it is the most appropriate. In addition, the use of the OTGMHL adapter allows you to connect a keyboard, mouse or joystick to a smartphone and turn the phone into a full-fledged game console or computer, and use the smartphone itself as a system unit.
Another technology that many modern TVs have is Smart TV. The trouble is that Smart TV is synchronized with a smartphone only via YouTube, so you won’t be able to launch a movie from some third-party website through your phone.
But everything is connected very simply. Install the YouTube application, select the “Manual connection” item in its settings, launch YouTube on the phone and select the “Watch on TV” settings item. At the initial connection, a digital code will appear on the screen, which will need to be entered on the smartphone. we enter it and turn the smartphone into a convenient remote control for YouTube on TV.
This, of course, is not exactly the same as the previous options, and it only works with one application, but in some situations it is very convenient.
How to Connect Phone to TV
At one point, it may turn out that you need (or just want to) display a photo or video from your phone on the big screen.
How to do Screen Mirroring in Redmi Note 7
There can be any reasons for this: maybe you want to show your friends vacation photos on the big screen, or maybe watch a movie or stream a game.
So that you do not have to wander the Internet in search of manuals, we have prepared for you a short instruction on the types and methods of connecting a smartphone to a TV.
For those whose TVs do not support Wi-Fi, but who do not want to “tie” their smartphone to the TV with extra wires, there is also an option. It does involve some expense, but it’s still cheaper than buying a new TV with Wi-Fi and the aforementioned technologies.
We are talking about a wireless adapter, the same Google Chromecast for plus or minus 30 or, in general, the Chinese AnyCast for ten bucks. Connect the device to the HDMI connector. and now your reliable old man can connect to Wi-Fi and work with the same chromecast and miracle.
The only drawback of this solution is that budget adapters cannot transmit resolutions at resolutions higher than FullHD, so if you want to watch some “Avengers” in 4K, you will have to fork out for an adapter that supports Chromecast Ultra, which is completely different money. And there is no point in this, due to the existence of the following method.
Do you want to display the image on the TV from your smartphone without pulling wires? Then you can use the Miracast function.
A prerequisite is a modern TV set to support this wireless transmission technology. But intermediary devices in the form of routers and routers are not needed. The signal is transmitted directly from one device to another.
The connection procedure itself will not cause any difficulties. It will not require much effort or time from you. At least on Xiaomi Redmi note 4x, we managed to set up data transfer to another monitor in just a minute. We did everything as follows:
- First, we activate the function on the TV device. The fact is that on many models it is disabled by default. So it’s better to start with this. In our case, this is a Samsung TV. On the control panel, select the button called “Source”. In the window that pops up on the screen, press “Screen Mirroring”. How to enable miracast on LG? We press the button “Settings” on the remote control. Next, select the “Network” section. Then we find the item “Miracast”. In it, we simply change the position of the switch to “On”. On TVs from other manufacturers, the miracast function is turned on in the same way. If something does not work out, then you can find help on the Internet.
- Let’s leave the TV. But don’t turn it off. Let’s pick up Xiaomi Redmi or mi series. Go to “Settings”.
- We open the subsection “Additional functions”.
- We tap on the item “Wireless display”.
- Now we wait (usually no more than 30-40 seconds) until the smartphone finds an available monitor.
- It remains only to click on it and wait for the connection to complete.
By the way, the algorithm described above is suitable for Xiaomi smartphones with MIUI shell. If you have, for example, Mi a1, running on “pure” Android, then you will need:
- Through the “Settings” go to the “Screen” section.
- Then scroll down and select “Broadcast”.
- Then we do everything as in the first option: select a TV device and synchronize with it.
For reference! Disadvantages of wirelessly connecting a smartphone to a TV. minor broadcast delays and periodic quality distortion.
Another popular wireless standard. It can also be used to connect a Xiaomi smartphone to a TV. But we recommend using this synchronization option in cases where you do not need a live broadcast of images from your phone.
After all, a mobile device, when connected via DLNA, will work like a flash drive. Only no wires are needed, which is a big plus.
On the TV, the files that are stored on the Xiaomi smartphone will be available to you. And you can start them already from the TV itself.
For this technology to work on your smartphone, you need to install a special software in advance. BubbleUPnP. The program is available for download on Google Play. The transmitted content can be:
- some video formats.
Also, don’t forget to connect your TV and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, it will not be possible to synchronize two devices via DLNA.
How to Display Image from Xiaomi Phone to TV
Watching videos and photos on a smartphone is not as convenient as on a large TV. Therefore, from time to time, many users have a question, how can you transfer information from a phone to a TV device? Of course, you can suggest that you first throw everything on a USB flash drive, and then connect it to the TV. But all this is long, inconvenient and not always possible. In addition, this method will not be able to display online content on the big screen.
We will be happy to tell you how to connect a Xiaomi smartphone (Redmi 4, 5, 6, mi 8, 6 and other popular models) to a TV? Believe me, this skill will come in handy more than once. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but someday you will go on a business trip or visit, and there you can easily “make friends” two devices for broadcasting documents, images and other data.
Via Wi-Fi Direct
Using wireless technologies, you can connect your Xiaomi smartphone to your TV. For example, using Wi-Fi Direct. True, everything will work out only if you have Smart TV. The very same connection procedure through this channel is simple:
How to Connect Redmi Phone to TV Using USB data Cable || Screen Cast || Let’s check Connect Or Not
- First of all, we connect both the phone and the TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to “Settings” on your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Go to the “Wi-Fi” section.
- We go down the menu and tap on the item “Advanced (additional) settings”.
- We are looking for the “Wi-Fi Direct” option. Click on her.
- In the window that appears, the process of searching for devices with which pairing is possible will begin. We need our TV to be displayed here. As soon as the smartphone finds it, we try to connect.
- Usually the TV model is prescribed. So we tap on it. Then we press the completion of the connection process.
- We open the “Gallery”, “YouTube” on the Xiaomi smartphone or launch the movie through the video player. We see an icon on top, which tells us about a successful connection to TV.
- Enjoy the big screen.
Via HDMI or USB
But if you need to transfer an image from your phone to a relatively old TV that does not support wireless data transfer technology? Then you can connect the two devices via a USB cable. The corresponding connector is available on almost all TV models.
At the same time, the connection procedure is in many ways similar to when you synchronize your smartphone with a PC:
- Using the microUSB. USB cable, connect the phone to the TV.
- Using the remote control, turn on the TV device and go to the menu.
- Choosing a suitable USB output.
- Open the desired image or video file on the phone.
The only caveat of connecting two devices via USB is that on the TV the smartphone will be defined as a USB flash drive with a file structure. It turns out that you cannot broadcast anything in real time. That is, you can open a photo on your phone, and it will be displayed on the big screen. But you shouldn’t run a video in the browser of your smartphone and wait for it to be displayed on a TV set.
Two devices are connected via HDMI as follows:
- Be sure to turn off the TV.
- We connect the wires, now turn on the TV.
- Using the remote control, open the settings or the main menu.
- We select the broadcast mode via HDMI. If you cannot understand how this is done, then refer to the user manual that came with the TV.
After these manipulations, both the image and the sound should begin to be duplicated on the big screen. At the same time, the quality is usually at a very good level. When properly connected, no noise, graphic artifacts, washed out colors or outlines are observed.
For reference! If you are the owner of a Xiaomi smartphone, then you can use the gadget not only for its intended purpose. Your phone can be easily launched as a TV remote control. This is done using the Mi Remote program. You do not need to download and upload this program, because it is initially built into the firmware.
How to connect a Xiaomi smartphone to a TV
Nowadays, people have developed many devices that can interact with each other, and this compatibility is growing every year. Any modern smartphone and tablet can be connected to a laptop, desktop computer and even a TV. Connection is carried out in two ways: wired (using USB, HDMI and other types of cables) and wireless (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi). This feature allows you to perform many useful actions, for example, watching a movie on your phone can be broadcast to TV using Wi-Fi or other technology. Let’s consider several ways on how to connect Xiaomi Redmi 4X to a TV or another phone.
How to connect to TV
There are several ways to create a connection between TV and smartphone. First, let’s look at the wired methods, and then the wireless ones.
First you need to purchase a special MHL cable. The point is that there is a micro-USB connector on one end of the cable, and an HDMI connector on the other. Nearly all of these cable types have an extra USB cable that connects to a power source such as PowerBank.
The next connection method is wireless technology. Mostly Wi-Fi is used. The smartphone must have the Miracast or Wi-Fi Direct function, which is supported by any modern TV with Smart TV. The disadvantage of this method is that there may be noticeable delays in signal transmission, which means that the image will be distorted.
There is another wireless method. DLNA. With it, you can work with files directly from the screen, which means you can run them from there. On the smartphone, you need to install a specialized application BubbleUPnP or similar. In this case, the phone and TV must be connected to a single Wi-Fi network. This variant works well in Xiaomi Mi5.
How to connect Xiaomi Mi Max and Note 3 smartphones via USB and HDMI
Connecting a mobile device to a TV using a USB cable is quite simple, but there is one caveat. The fact is that after connecting the phone, on the TV it will be defined as a USB flash drive with a file structure, which means that there will be no real-time broadcast. Let’s perform the following series of actions:
- Take a Xiaomi smartphone or whatever, and a microUSB cable (some now support USB Type-C). It is desirable that the wire was factory.
- We connect the devices and wait for TV to detect the phone.
- Using the remote control, open the smartphone catalog.
- Now you can play music files, videos and pictures.
The next method is similar to Wi-Fi Direct. We connect a special cable or adapter to the smartphone and TV (one is connected via microUSB, the other via HDMI). The phone screen will automatically appear on the screen. over, all actions carried out in the mobile phone will be broadcast on TV. The picture quality here depends on the resolution of the phone.
It is worth noting that modern TV-devices with Smart TV are synchronized with the smartphone automatically and display the image immediately. In some cases, the TV will have to be set up.
How to connect to TV Redmi 4a or Redmi 4 pro
These smartphones most likely cannot be connected using a cable, which means we use Wi-Fi Direct:
- go to the phone settings, and then to the “Wi-Fi” section;
- below we find the subsection “Advanced settings” or “Additional settings”;
- find the “Wi-Fi Direct” option and click on it;
- in the window that opens, the search for devices will start. In our case, the TV. It should be borne in mind that both devices must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. As soon as the device detects TV, we try to connect to it;
- to display the image on the TV screen, you need to open YouTube and click the broadcast icon. You can simply turn on the movie through the built-in player;
- now you can watch movies, listen to music and view photos.
How to control a TV instead of a remote control
You can control the TV from your Xiaomi phone using the infrared port. This technology is called IrDA. Of course, you can control not only TV, but also many other devices, but here we will analyze the first option.
The infrared port is available on Xiaomi Redmi note 4 and Mi Max 2. Check for the presence of an infrared port on your device in the specifications, there should be a line “IRDA”.
There will be one peculiarity when loading. The tool will most likely be named with the letters of the Chinese language, which means that you need to download this particular application with a blue icon. Or it will be called Mi Remote controller.
- After starting, you need to “Add a remote control”. a control device;
- Select the item “Mi TV / Mi Box”;
- We find the firm of our TV;
- Direct the infrared sensor to the TV and press the big button to test the functionality;
- Once defined, the control buttons will appear on the screen.
The wrong choice of the TV manufacturer is accompanied by the fact that when you press the buttons in the Mi Remote app, the TV will not respond, so we are looking for the right company. Although there are times when manipulating TV comes out even when choosing another manufacturer.
Thus, almost any phone can be used as a TV remote control.