How to connect bluetooth to computer
Oh, how many times I fell from a chair, after, having forgotten that there were headphones on me, I tried to get up. I think everyone knows this picture. The problem is that in this way you can not only break off the wired headphones, but also tear out the sound card port. Which can lead to damage to the sound card or the motherboard.
That is why I decided. And yet I bought myself wireless headphones. In my example, I will show you how to connect bluetooth headphones to a computer or laptop.
- Pros and Benefits of a Bluetooth Headset
- Headphone connection without additional adapter
- Step 1: Checking the Blue Tooth
- Step 2: set up the connection
- Step 3: Verify Communication
- Connecting headphones with an optional adapter
- Skype setup
- Problem solving
- No Bluetooth in task manager
- No sound
- The computer does not see the headphones
Pros and Benefits of a Bluetooth Headset
- Most modern headphones have “hands free” technology. You can walk around the room, do and do your own business and at the same time easily manage the switching of songs, pause, rewind. Using special buttons on the device.
- All devices are adapted for any operating system, be it Windows 7, 8, 10, XP or even iOS. You can safely connect them not only to a PC, but also to smartphones or tablets.
- How many wired headphones I had, and everyone had a problem breaking one wiring at the base. As a result, only one part works. Wireless does not have this. Since the wires are completely absent.
Headphone connection without additional adapter. Step 1: Checking the Blue Tooth
And so, a lack of built-in Bluetooth module may be a small problem. Unfortunately, not even all laptops have this transmitter, not to mention desktop computers. Now we’ll check whether we have Bluetooth or not.
- At the same time, hold down the Windows button and R. The command execution window will pop up. We enter such a line “devmgmt.Msc” click “OK” or Enter.
- We look in the device manager. You need to find any mention of Bluetooth that will say that this technology is present in your computer.
- Double click on the adapter device. A window will pop up where it will be written that the device is working fine.
If the device is not found, but you know that it is, then go to the problem solving chapter in the same article.
Step 2: set up the connection
- In the tray in the lower right corner you should see the Bluetooth icon. If it is hidden, then just click on the arrow that points to the top to open hidden icons.
- Now click on the “Blue Tooth” icon and from the “Add Bluetooth Devices” drop-down list. If the device is turned off, turn it on!
- Next, turn on the headphones. For me, they are activated using the power button, which you need to pinch, until the device starts to burn. Some models have a separate Bluetooth button that activates the transmitter.
- The computer will try to find any devices and in the “Settings” window you will see the name of the headphones and the word “Connected” if the connection has occurred without failures.
Step 3: Verify Communication
Already at this stage, you can try to play any music, but problems may arise. The fact is that a successful connection does not say that after that the sound will play without problems. So, if the sound is interrupted or the headphones are silent, let’s go adjust the sound.
- Go to “Start” and look for “Control Panel”.
- Next, depending on the version of the OS, you need to go to the sound settings. Just find the speaker icon and double-click.
- The settings menu opens. We are interested in the first tab “Playback”.
- Double-click on the headphones. After that in line “Application of the device”, should stand “Use this device (on)”. If not, then activate the headphones. Click “Apply.”
- For every fireman, restart the computer or laptop. After that, turn on Bluetooth on your computer, then activate the headphones and try listening to the sound again.
Connecting headphones with an optional adapter
I will also tell you how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a computer, which immediately comes with a built-in adapter for a PC that looks like a flash drive. That is, even if there is no Bluetooth on the computer, then you can safely use headphones.
- Turn on the headphones and insert the adapter into the USB port.
- At start in the search bar enter “Connecting devices”, press “View devices and printers.”
- Next, right-click on a free field. Select “Adding devices.”
- The operating system will frantically search for connected devices. The installation of drivers will also begin. At the very end you will see a window with a message that the device has been added.
- Now in the same place “Devices and Printers” click on our headset with the right button and select “Bluetooth operations.”
- The system will automatically search for the necessary services. At the very end, click “Listen to music”.
Now you can turn on any player, or watch movies on the Internet, and listen to sound from brand new headphones. If there were errors during installation, then install the driver from the disk, since usually with such a headset there is an additional disk with software. In any other case, you can download the software from the official site.
instruction. Skype setup
If you have a full-fledged headset with a microphone like mine (from Bluedio), then you can chat on Skype and walk around the house with headphones. This is quite convenient, although before that you need to make some manipulations with the settings in Skype.
- We start Skype.
- Go to the settings. Skype versions are constantly updated, and this button opens differently in different versions of the program. So just look for the buttons.
- We go to the “Sound and” section. In the “microphone” should be our Bluetooth device. If worth “Default communication device”, just click on this label and select your headset.
Problem solving. No Bluetooth in task manager
- Perhaps you just installed the driver for the adapter. There, in the device manager, go to the tab “Other devices”. Maybe “Unknown device”. And it will be our Bluetooth.
- Double click on it and in the tab “Driver”, press Refresh. If the drivers do not update from the Windows server, then you will need to look for drivers from the motherboard, since the Bluetooth adapter is wired there. You can also download the driver pack from https://drp.Su/ru/foradmin. Scroll down a little to the section Driverpacks and download both packs.
- If in other devices there is nothing at all, and you feel inside that you have Bluetooth. Then maybe it is disabled in the BIOS. When rebooting, hold down one of the keys: Del, F2, F3 (the button depends on the version and type of BIOS, so you should try all the buttons).
- As soon as you appear in the very inside of your PC, go to the device tab. If you find Bluetooth just turn it on by switching to “Enabled”.
- To install, just insert the device into an accessible USB port.
- Next, the drivers should download automatically.
- If this does not happen, then go to the dispatcher task tab “Other devices”.
- There will be a new device. Our task is to update the driver. Sometimes a disk comes with the device, then you should install from it or download firewood from the official site.
If there are problems with audio playback, first check that the sound is set to full. To do this, click on the speaker in the lower right corner and see that the sound level on your headphones is above zero.
- If after that there is no sound, then most likely the problem is in the drivers. We also go to the device manager and try to update the driver.
- Next, the installation window will pop out or the system will inform you that the software does not need to be updated. Then it’s worth downloading the driver to the mainland or an external adapter from the official site. For an external medium, you must enter the name of the device in any Internet search engine.
- For the internal module, everything is much more complicated. If you have a disk from the motherboard with the original drivers, then install the software from there. Otherwise, you will need to look for the name of the motherboard model manually. Poke “Start” and prescribe “CMD”. Run the command line. We write this command:
- A message pops up with full information about the motherboard model. We are interested in the line under “Product “. We open the browser and enter this combination of letters and numbers in Yandex or Google. A link to the official website with this motherboard will open, where you can download firewood. Next, we just install them.
The computer does not see the headphones
- Try restarting the headphones themselves.
- If this does not help, fully charge them and try the connection again.
- Reboot the PC.
- Update the driver on the Bluetooth adapter and motherboard.
- Perhaps there is a problem with the Bluetooth adapter or the operating system (I had this with a wireless mouse). Try connecting them to a phone or other PC, laptop, tablet. To check the performance.
If the problem persists, then the problem is in them and you need to give the wireless headset under warranty.
Portable Bluetooth speakers are gaining more and more popularity with PC users every year. Easily connected devices do not take up much space, but they always allow you to get great sound.
Portable devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets often go on sale with fairly weak built-in speakers that are unable to reach sufficient volume or cope with low frequencies. In this situation, it is much wiser to additionally purchase a portable Bluetooth-speaker, which is then connected to a stationary computer, laptop or similar devices.
You can connect it to a PC no matter what operating system is installed on it. Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 8 or even Vista. Most often, two devices are “connected” due to the presence of a built-in Bluetooth transmitter in a modern laptop, but connection to more “age” devices using a wire or adapter is also possible. If you consider the gadget itself, absolutely any model is suitable for listening to music: Logitech, JBL, Beats, Xiaomi and others.
It will turn out to connect the Bluetooth column to a computer equipped with any operating system, but most often two of them are selected. Windows 7 and Windows 10. The process of “establishing contact” in both cases is slightly different. According to experts, it’s easier to configure the column in Windows 10.
To Windows 7
To connect a Bluetooth speaker to a device equipped with Windows 7, you should start by turning on the speaker directly. Having activated the device, it is necessary to transfer it to the connection mode. That is, the ability to “connect” to other equipment with Bluetooth transmission. Usually, for this, a key with the inscription Bluetooth or the power button is pressed for a couple of seconds. If the indicator on the column often flashes, then the procedure has been carried out correctly. Then, on the computer, right on the taskbar, the Bluetooth button is activated with the right button.
When you click the mouse, a window opens, in which you must select the item “Add device”. If everything is done correctly, a window will appear on the screen in which all devices that can be connected will be indicated. Having selected your wireless speaker from the list, click on it, and then click the “Next” button. At the next stage, the system itself will configure the gadget, after which it will notify that the column is connected and can be used for listening. Music in this case should immediately start playing through the wireless speaker.
By right-clicking again on the used Bluetooth device, it is necessary to activate the “Use by default” item.
To Windows 10
Connecting a wireless Bluetooth gadget begins with the start menu on the computer opening and selecting Parameters section. Next you need to move to “Devices” and click on the plus next to the inscription “Adding Bluetooth or another device.” At the next stage, the gadget itself is activated and is necessarily switched to connection mode.
When the column indicator starts flashing, you can return to the computer and set the detection of devices that can connect via Bluetooth. This is done by choosing the type of device you want to add. In the formed list, you need to click on the model of the existing speaker and wait for the window to appear, notifying that the wireless speaker system has been successfully connected. If you click on the “Finish” button, then most likely the sound will immediately begin to play.
If you have problems with sound, you can try to choose the wireless speaker in the settings yourself. To do this, click on the speaker icon located on the taskbar, and then activate the “Open sound options” item. In the window that appears, the Bluetooth device is selected in the window above which is marked “Select an output device.”
It is necessary to mention that one of the latest updates to the Windows 10 operating system made it possible to output sound to different devices, depending on the running program. For example, while watching a movie, built-in speakers are used, and music is played on the speaker. The implementation of this feature is carried out in the “Device Settings and Application Volume” section, within which each program sets its own option for playing audio.
How to connect via wire?
The portable speaker, even if it has the ability to receive data via Bluetooth, can be made to work with the help of a wire. Both in the case of a stationary computer and a modern laptop. However, for this, the speaker itself must have an audio input, marked AUDIO IN or INPUT. Usually a 3.5 mm jack cable is used, although the speaker input may have a parameter of 2.5 mm. Such a wire is often included with a portable speaker. Connection in this case becomes even simpler: one end of the cable is inserted into the corresponding column connector, and the remaining one is connected to the audio output of a laptop, PC or other portable device.
Sound will be transmitted through the portable device until it is turned off, or until the operating system settings are changed. It is also necessary to mention that the cable used can be one end initially soldered to the column, and therefore just unwind in extreme need. In the event that the user cannot find the audio output of the computer, he should focus on the green or light green nest located on the rear panel of the main unit.
When connecting a Bluetooth gadget, users often experience the same problems. For example, despite the “contact” of a PC and an audio device, there may simply not be music. In this case, you should first determine whether the problem lies in the column or in the computer itself. In order to check the audio device, it must be connected via Bluetooth to another device, for example, a smartphone. If the music is playing, then the source of the problem lies in the computer itself.
To check, again, you should try to connect the playing device via Bluetooth to it, for example, another speaker. If music plays in both cases, the problem lies in the connection itself, you can simply use the cable to eliminate it. If the other column does not transmit audio, then the Bluetooth driver is probably obsolete. You can update it to correct the situation.
In many cases, the computer does not see the speaker or does not connect to it, because Bluetooth is disabled on one of the two devices. The operation of the module is checked through the task manager. Sometimes a PC simply cannot find a column in the list of available devices, and therefore connect to it. The problem is solved by clicking on the icon “Update equipment configuration” located on the top panel of the task manager. If the Bluetooth module does not turn on even after a reboot, you will have to purchase a new connection adapter.
It is important to check the charging volume of the audio device, as well as make sure that there is no electromagnetic interference. We should not forget that a password is usually set for a Bluetooth connection, and the PIN code installed on the column must be obtained from the manufacturer.
JBL Bluetooth speakers have the ability to install a special application for connecting to a computer, smartphone or laptop. After downloading it, the user will be able to gradually connect the two devices, as well as set the necessary passwords for the connection and update the driver firmware. Again, in the application, you can find out why the main device does not see the audio device. Sometimes, by the way, the problem may be that the computer either finds the wrong column that you need, or does not display anything at all. Wherein other devices are quickly detected via Bluetooth and immediately ready to connect.
To rectify the situation all you have to do is restart the bluetooth on the audio device. If this does not help, you can first rename the column by connecting it through a smartphone or tablet, and then re-transfer the connection again. By running the search for connected devices on the computer again, you can already “connect” to the required gadget. In the event that the user is not sure of the exact name of the column, you will either have to contact the manufacturer or look for the required information in the instructions.
Separately, clarify the phased update of the driver., since it can be the “key” to solving the problem. In order to do this, you must simultaneously press the Windows and S keys, and then drive in the “Device Manager” window that appears. Having come to this section, you need to select the Bluetooth menu, which usually turns out to be the first in the list.
See below for how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to a laptop.