How to connect Apple watch to iPhone
How to connect Apple Watch 3 to WI-FI
The first time you turn it on and sync, Apple Watch 3 retains all settings from the phone it is paired with. That is, even if Wi-Fi, Siri, GPS are enabled on the smartphone, they will also be active on the watch, including the input data for wireless networks and other information.
However, in order to use all the communication functions of the device, it is necessary to check the configuration of both the iWatch itself and the iPhone with which further synchronization will take place. The setup manipulations are so intuitive that you yourself will then give a master class on how to set up an Apple Watch without instructions. So:
- First, check if Bluetooth and Fi-wi are turned on on the iPhone you want to sync with. If they are in the off mode, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and click on the required items.
How to check the connection between Apple Watch and iPhone
There are several ways to determine the relationship between the watch and the phone. This can be done through the Control Center on your watch or through the Watch app on your phone. To check on your watch, swipe up from the bottom to open Control Center. The appearance of a red cross or a crossed-out phone in the upper corner means that there is no connection between the gadgets. Through the Watch app on your iPhone, you can immediately see if there is a contact or the Apple Watch is not connected. If there is no connection, although it was previously established and functional, turn on and off the “Airplane mode”. After such manipulations, the watch will reconnect.
How to quickly and easily connect Apple Watch to a wireless Wi-Fi network
Smart watches from the Cupertin Factory are a kind of small computer that is always easy to take with you. This modern apparatus already knows a lot, and its resources are constantly expanding. With it, you can monitor the progress of your workouts, monitor your heart rate and health in general, analyze your sleep and wakefulness patterns, listen to and control music, and a dozen other useful things. And this is not the kind of thing that you forget when you leave the house. So, how Apple Watch connects to WI-FI.
What Wi-Fi networks Apple Watch supports
So, the cherished device is already in your. that is, on your hand. It’s just a small matter. to connect it to your iPhone wirelessly.
The presence of the third generation watch allows you to use them autonomously, that is, without a smartphone. True, for the first activation, you still cannot do without a phone.
Apple Watch Wi-Fi connects only if the iPhone it is paired with via Bluetooth has previously interacted with that Wi-Fi. That is, if you want to connect the bracelet to a new wireless network, you first need to do this on the partner device. It should be remembered that the watch only works with a 2.4 GHz network (802.11b / g / n), the connection will not function at 5 GHz. Also, the gadget will not connect to public networks, to connect to which you need a password or authorization. Therefore, only connect to known and secure networks.
How to disconnect the watch from Wi-Fi
It was mentioned above that the third series watch has a built-in GSM module. Therefore, you can either disconnect them from the Wi-Fi network, and keep the connection connected. To disconnect the wireless network connection, go to Control Center (swipe up on the watch display) and click on the Wi-Fi network icon. It will turn from white to dark, which means that the device is disconnected from all networks with which a connection has been established.
After that, the iWatch actions will not try to connect automatically until 5 a.m. to the Wi-Fi network from which they were forcibly disconnected. If you want to connect Apple Watch to a wireless network before the set time expires, then:
- swipe up, opening the “Control Center” with this gesture, and click there the corresponding Wi-Fi network icon;
- change geolocation. the watch will see the new network and try to connect to it;
- reboot watch.
3rd generation iWatch can receive messages and make calls without pairing with a smartphone and with Wi-Fi turned off. However, when this function will become active in our country is still unknown. We use and enjoy what we have.
My bad first setup experience
Setting up the Apple Watch for the first time wasn’t quite as quick as I expected it to be. The process itself is very easy, but the speed of rebooting, charging and synchronizing takes some time. Therefore, having bought a new watch, do not think that you will set it up in 5 minutes in the nearest cafe over a cup of coffee and go with it for a walk around the city. Anyway, I didn’t succeed.
I bought an Apple Watch at the airport when it was more than two hours before boarding. And all this time I spent charging, setting up and updating watchOS.
The stumbling block was the charging itself. The clock was discharged into the trash and did not even want to turn on. I partially charged them from the “power bank”. Doing it on the go is a challenge. Magnetic charging does not hold up well and constantly falls off the watch.
After charging the watch to about 20 percent, I began the process of setting up a pair of Apple Watch with an iPhone, but at the end of the synchronization of applications, the watch was again discharged and the whole process had to start from the very beginning. Including charging itself.
The second time everything worked out, but the update to the latest version of watchOS took some more time. As a result, almost 2 hours later, I received a ready-to-use Apple Watch with almost empty batteries, so I spent the next 2 hours of flight again on fully charging them.
But in reality, things are not so bad. You can connect Apple Watch to iPhone much faster if you don’t make my mistakes. It took me 15 minutes to re-pair the Apple Watch with the iPhone. But by this time, you need to add charging, time to install applications and watchOS updates. Anyway, I recommend brewing coffee. Drove!
How to automatically install apps on Apple Watch
If a new application appears on the iPhone, which has a version for the Apple Watch, then it can be automatically installed on the watch. For this:
- Open the Watch app;
- Go to the “My Watch” tab;
- Select “Basic”;
- Select “Install programs”;
- Turn on “Automatic installation of programs”.
How to update Apple Watch
First, you should check if there are fresh firmware for Apple Watch and update to the latest one. For this:
- Open the Watch app
- Go to the “My Watch” tab
- Select “Basic”
- Click “Software Update”
If there is an update for the watch, then the iPhone will inform you about it. To install it, just follow the instructions on the screen and the iPhone will do everything by itself. But remember that the watch and phone must be charged at least 50% to install.
The clock turned on. What’s next?
Next, you need to customize the Apple Watch for yourself. And I will tell you how to do this using my personal example. In fact, my changes affect almost all settings, so by setting up the watch according to my instructions, you will immediately get acquainted with all the settings of the Apple Watch.
We will do all the watch settings through the Watch app for iPhone. Something can be configured directly through the clock, but working with a small screen is not as convenient as with phones. So reopen the Watch app and start.
What Apple Watch Shows When Activated
Apple Watch automatically activates when you raise your hand to look at your watch. The watch face is displayed by default. But I love to see the last running app displayed. For this:
- Open the Watch app
- Go to the “My Watch” tab
- Select “Basic”
- Select “Activate Screen” (bottom)
- Select the desired action
Oh, by the way, when you are on the watch face screen, a double tap on the Digital Crown will open the last launched application.
How to change the Apple Watch face
Unlike all the previous paragraphs, the setting of the Apple Watch dial takes place on the watch itself. To change the watch face on your Apple Watch, press down on the screen with a little pressure until you feel a vibration (press Forth Touch, like in iPhone 6s). A menu with a selection of possible dials will open in front of you. Choose the one you like and click “Configure”.
Left-right swipes will move you between the dial settings, and you can adjust them by turning the Digital Crown.
most watch faces have room to display extensions from third-party apps. These settings are found on the last screen and can also be changed with the Digital Crown. Press the Digital Crown and then tap the dial to save your changes.
How to change the brightness of the Apple Watch screen
In Apple Watch, there is no manual brightness control in the usual sense, it always changes automatically depending on ambient light. But you can choose from three automatic brightness aLGorithms. This can be done both on the watch itself and in the Watch app on the iPhone.
- Open the Watch app
- Go to the “Text brightness and size” tab
- Set the options you want
Personally, I set it to a minimum and do not experience any inconvenience, even at the equator. The display is a little faded in the sun, but the information is still visible.
How to connect Apple Watch to iPhone
The Apple Watch is great in and of itself, and perfectly fulfills the role of a wristwatch. Wanting to get access to additional functions and unleash the full potential of smartwatches, you cannot do without synchronization with a smartphone. Connecting Apple Watch to iPhone may seem like a simple matter, but it has several very important nuances, which we will tell you about today.
The synchronization process is quite long and power-consuming, so you should take care of the high charge level of the Apple Watch. You can charge it either before synchronization, or right during installation. No significant difference found.
Do not forget that Apple Watch is a new device and does not support all models of smartphones. To sync, you need an iPhone 5 or older model with an updated iOS firmware to the latest version. The corresponding Apple Watch control app can be downloaded from the App Store.
Make sure you have an available Wi-Fi or mobile network to connect your iPhone. In Settings. Bluetooth, turn on Bluetooth. Bring your Apple Watch as close as possible to your iPhone and you’re ready to start.
How to Pair Your Apple Watch With Your iPhone
We start syncing
After pressing the side button of the Apple Watch, after a few seconds the welcome screen will light up, after which you will be prompted to select the interface language. In case of an incorrect choice, after synchronization with smartphones, in the settings menu, the language can be changed to the correct one.
Launch the Apple Watch app from the iPhone and select the option to pair with a smartwatch. The phone will ask you to point the smartphone camera at the watch in a certain place, after which the pairing of devices will begin.
In case of unsuccessful connection, the operation can be performed manually. The Apple Watch display contains a small button called “I” (eng. I), by clicking on which a 6-digit code will appear. Entering this code into the application on a smartphone will bind one device to another.
The watch prompts you to choose the hand on which you will wear your Apple Watch. If you already have experience with a smartwatch, the settings can be loaded from a backup. Those who put on such a watch for the first time will have to pass a small test for calibration. We carefully read all the clauses of the terms of the license agreement (or not) and put an approving tick. Confirming your Apple ID password will open features such as Digital Touch, Apple Pay, and Handoff.
Set a password on your Apple Watch so that no one else has access to your personal data. The longer and more confusing the password, the better for you and your security.
The last point is syncing iPhone apps to Apple Watch. By selecting the “Install All” button, all programs available for smart watches will start synchronizing with the Watch. Not wanting to waste your precious time on this, click “Later” and only contacts, messages and mail are synchronized with the smart watch. The duration of synchronization depends on the volume of the selected applications, and you will be notified of its end with a sound signal.
Connecting Apple Watch to iPhone will not take you long if you follow the indicated points and carefully read what is offered to you. A Little Time, Little Effort, and Apple Watch Ready to Robot.
How to connect Apple watch to iphone
To start working with AppleWatch, you first need to synchronize them with your Applе Iphone. Unfortunately, Apple iPad does not support AppleWatch. If we are talking about compatibility with versions of iOS, then “smart watches” work with all models with version iOS8.3. the program for working with the clock is already installed here.
Go to the Apple watch application on the iphone.
The process of connecting the watch to a smartphone is very bright and interesting. It looks like this:
There are a couple of nuances that you should know about:
1) First of all, turn on the watch by holding the button below the wheel. After switching on, select the language. On the phone, press “start pairing” and place the SmartWatch so that it can be seen in the iPhone camera. And the screen should fall into the intended area. We will not delve into how the developers managed to do this. But thanks to this amazing animation, the smartphone creates a connection.
2) What I want to say is that there are no problems in connection, the device is very sensitive.
3) When the connection is established, you need to choose the hand on which you will wear the watch. In addition, at this stage, you need to enable location services and specify the AppleID. If you do not have an AppleID, you can read the instructions on how to create an AppleID.
4) Until the watch is officially supplied to the post-Soviet space, there is simply no opportunity to choose the Russian language. Everyone’s favorite Siri will have the same problem.
5) You can unlock the watch simultaneously with the iPhone. This is incredibly convenient, since due to the small size of the numbers on the watch, it is not so convenient to enter them.
6) The last thing to do is to install programs on AppleWatch and synchronize with your phone. It is possible to automatically install all the applications that are in your iPhone, but only certain specific ones. The first installation option is described here. Synchronization in this case takes a couple of minutes. What is the result? There are such items: “My Watch”, “View”, “Search” and “Selection”.
7) The first part is the settings and installed programs. Something similar to the settings in the iPhone.
8) In the “Preview” you can see a video about the capabilities of AppleWatch. This is very similar to the AppStore, in addition, it is styled very similarly.
These are the main key points to know when starting to use AppleWatch.
Video. How to directly transfer data FROM IPHONE TO IPHONE without iCloud and iTunes? The fastest and easiest way.
How to connect Apple Watch to iPhone?
I think everyone who has already acquired an Apple Watch or is just going to do it understands that this gadget was created to live in close contact with the iPhone. The target accessory, so to speak. The novelty works with all models, starting with the iPhone 5. So, you have become the proud owner of the new product and where to start meeting and chatting with a new friend?
Simply plug in the included charger and secure the magnetic end to the back of your Apple Watch.
Hold the side button for 1 or 2 seconds and you will see the Apple logo. Then select your language. Don’t panic if you haven’t found Russian on the menu. He’s really not there. At least for now. Nevertheless, the accessory perfectly perceives all notifications, names of contacts and other words in Russian. No krakozyabr.
Step 3. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
A message will appear on the watch screen asking you to open an iPhone app that you wisely pre-installed. Everything, the connection process has started!
Step 4. Point your smartphone camera at the Apple Watch screen.
Basically, you only need to do what the application asks for and everything should happen automatically. If suddenly something failed, try to do everything manually, which is also very simple. Click “i” (“i”) on the display of your novelty and you will see the name of your watch. Then, in the iPhone app, select that title as soon as it appears. After that, the watch will show you a six-digit code that you need to enter into the application on the iPhone.
Step 5. Agree to all terms and conditions and create a password.
After all the above manipulations, you will need to link the devices via iCloud. You accept all the conditions (you have no choice. the money has been paid), create a password. everything is as usual: the more complicated the better. And most importantly, immediately write it down in a daddy with passwords on your, most likely, iMac or MacBook.
Step 6. Decide if Apple Watch will be unlocked via iPhone.
This question will pop up on the watch display on its own. The bottom line is that when the watch is on your wrist and paired with an iPhone, you don’t need to enter a code. Do you agree? Then take this option. Don’t worry if you suddenly change your mind later, you can always undo it.
In general, we put the watch aside and go drinking tea for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, all applications installed on the iPhone and that are optimized for Apple Watch will be in the device’s memory.
Step 8. If you need to cancel pairing and install something else, then repeat all of the above. The good news is that the iPhone saves a local backup automatically so you can restore your database whenever you want.
Step 9. We use, enjoy and enjoy life together with a new product from Cupertino, or rather, from China.
How to check the connection between Apple Watch and iPhone
There are 2 options to check if there is an established iWatch connection to the Apple iPhone. The first option uses the “Control Center” menu on the watch, the second. “Watch” application on a smartphone.
- For the watch method, swipe down on the screen and open Control Center. If there is no connection between the devices, an image with a red cross or a red crossed out iPhone will appear on the display in the upper left corner.
- To check the connection through the “Watch” application on the phone, open this program, and you will see in the “Watch” tab information about whether the device is connected or not. If the device is not connected, but it was connected before, then just turn on and then turn off the “Flight Mode” on the phone, after that the Apple Watch will be able to connect via Wi-Fi, as they were connected before.
If the green icon on the Apple Watch screen is lit and the devices are connected, then all communication services and applications of both the phone (sending notifications and reminders) and the watch (for example, biometric data) will work automatically.
How to disconnect the watch from Wi-Fi
Apple Watch Series 3 (cellular and GPS) can be disconnected from Wi-Fi. To do this, go to the “Control Center”, the Wi-Fi settings will appear on the display, click on the network icon, it will turn gray from light, this means that the gadget is no longer connected to any network.
After that, the gadget will not automatically connect to Wi-Fi until 5 am. To reconnect to Wi-Fi without waiting for this time, you need to do any of the following:
- click on the Wi-Fi icon in the “Control Center” system menu;
- change the geolocation (leave the range of the Wi-Fi from which you disconnected earlier, in another area the device will start looking for an available connection itself);
- turn off and then turn on the device again.
After that, Wi-Fi will turn on again and will work in automatic mode.
What Wi-Fi networks Apple Watch supports
iWatch 3 can be connected to Wi-Fi, both to a previously configured (connected with a minimum amount of additional steps), and to a previously unknown network. The operating system of the Apple Watch smart watch will only communicate with Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n operating at 2.4 GHz; it will not connect to 5 GHz networks. Also, the device will not connect to public Wi-Fi if it requires a password.
How to connect Apple Watch to Wi-Fi
After purchasing or updating to the factory settings of an Apple Watch smartwatch, the question arises of how to connect Apple Watch to WI-FI and how to set up a connection and connection with Wi-Fi to which the iPhone is connected.
To use the communication functions of the gadget, you will need to check the appropriate settings both on the watch itself and on the iPhone with which it works. These actions will not take much time, they are quite simple, many of them can be performed without even looking at the instructions. The procedure is as follows:
- First, on the paired iPhone, check if Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on, if they are turned off, turn it on by clicking on the corresponding icons in the lower system menu (it is called up by swiping up the screen).
- After that, check if the devices are connected to each other, to do this, on the watch screen, swipe the display picture from the bottom up, the Control Center will appear, and if iWatch are connected to the phone, then the green icon from the iPhone will glow in the upper right corner. If the watch is not paired, connect it via the “System Preferences” menu on the iPhone (by clicking the watch name in the Bluetooth item).
- After the icon from the iPhone lights up in the upper left corner of the Apple Watch, the gadget automatically connects to the wireless network used by the phone. Now, if you wish, you can turn off Bluetooth on your smartphone, and then the Apple Watch will only be connected to Wi-Fi, since the connection with the phone via Bluetooth will be disconnected. You can also move away from the phone at a distance greater than the Bluetooth range (about 10 m).
Can smartwatches use the iPhone’s cellular network
With Apple Watch Series 3 (which supports cellular and GPS), you can send messages, make calls, and use apps even without a smartphone and disconnected from Wi-Fi. To do this, your tariff plan must be suitable for using a bundle of iPhone plus Apple Watch, iPhone model is needed from 6 and above.
To test the operation without a telephone, first evaluate the signal strength on the watch. Open the system menu “Control Center”, a green icon will appear in the upper left corner, showing the connection to the cellular network, and power will be shown above it with dots. The more dots, the stronger the signal.
You can also use this icon to turn cellular mode on and off for Apple Watch. If the watch is connected to a cellular network, the icon will be green, if not. white. Now that you have determined the presence of a cellular signal, disconnect from WI-FI networks, and your gadget will only use the cellular network for operation.
How to connect Apple Watch to Wi-Fi
Connecting Apple Watch to Wi-Fi isn’t new, but the process has undergone some changes with the latest smartwatch software.
The basic rule remains the same: if your iPhone is in range, Apple Watch will turn off Bluetooth or Wi-Fi for communication. This naturally gets complicated with cellular connectivity and the new ability to choose your own network through watchOS 5.
Learn how to find, select, and control your settings on your watch, and how to get LTE on your Apple Watch.
Choose a Wi-Fi network on Apple Watch
You already know how the Apple Watch supports Wi-Fi when connected to an iPhone. but what if the phone is out of range? If your iPhone isn’t nearby, your Apple Watch can still connect to Wi-Fi. However, to select a Wi-Fi network to connect to your Apple Watch, you need watchOS 5 or later.
Instructions on how to select a specific network when you are away from your iPhone and do not want to use the cellular capabilities of the Apple Watch:
- Open the Settings app on Apple Watch and tap Wi-Fi.
- Your device will start searching for networks.
- Click on the name of the network you want to join. Please note that your Apple Watch can only connect to 2.4GHz Wi-Fi networks.
- If prompted, enter your password using the Scribble tool, then click Join.
If your Apple Watch won’t connect, it’s likely because one of the two options below isn’t working:
- Your iPhone, although connected to your Watch via Bluetooth, must be online the previous day before the Watch can connect via Wi-Fi independently.
- Again, the Wi-Fi network must be 802.11b / g / n 2.4GHz as the Apple Watch cannot connect to 5GHz Wi-Fi or public Wi-Fi, which requires a login or profile.
For more Apple Watch guides, see HERE:
- Charge your Apple Watch. We figured out all the details. read!
- Refresh your Apple Watch. Guide to download and install the latest watchOS software, Here!
- Change Apple Watch facesCustomize your Apple Watch quickly and easily!
How to connect Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network
You don’t need to do anything to get Apple Watch to connect to Wi-Fi as long as it’s within your iPhone. If so, it will switch between using a Bluetooth connection and Wi-Fi for communication, whichever is more power efficient at the moment. Cleverly true?
However, while no data entry is required on your part for the watch to simply communicate, you will need to make sure Wi-Fi is turned on in the control center on the iPhone. If you go out of range and the watch is connected via Wi-Fi and not via Bluetooth (more on this below), the Wi-Fi icon will appear in the control center, which must also be turned on.
Turn Apple Watch Wi-Fi on and off
There are times when you don’t want to connect to Wi-Fi, or want to become incognito. Perhaps your cellular connection is better than the network that your Watch keeps connecting to automatically, or you just want to know how to turn it on after disconnecting from the network. here’s how:
- On the watch, lift the control center up, then swipe up to open the view in the image above.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon to disable or enable the connection. The icon will turn off if the device is disconnected from the network, and turns blue when connected.
How to pair and unpair an Apple Watch and iPhone
Preparing Apple Watch to connect to a new iPhone
In iOS, to connect Apple Watch to a new gadget, you need to save all your personal data using a simple and functional backup system in iTunes. First, we break a pair between the old iPhone and the Smartwatch.
In the course of this process, information from the Apple Watch will be backed up to the device’s memory. To do this, follow the steps:
These actions are performed quickly, it will take less than a minute. After breaking the pair, the clock is cleared of all content. a full reset is performed. All content from Apple Watch will be preserved on iPhone.
How to connect Apple Watch to a new iPhone. transfer settings
Now we will figure out how to connect your Apple Watch to an iPhone for the first time or if you have changed your iPhone to another. We will analyze all the nuances and connection options.
This article applies to all iPhone 11 / XS (r) / X / 8/7/6 and Plus models on iOS 13. Older versions may have different or missing menu items and hardware support specified in the article.
Saving an iPhone backup
If you choose to back up information to iCloud, then there are no nuances here:
You can also create a local backup copy of the data on the Mac, because you can recover from it many times faster than using a cloud server. Instructions:
There is a rather important nuance here. The backup must be encrypted.
You can use any password, but you need to add encryption, since the data will not be saved in the copy from the Apple Watch. all information from the Activity and Health applications will disappear.
If you don’t have an old iPhone or have all data erased from it
In this situation, the Smart-watch can still be paired with the old device. To break a couple, we perform the following actions:
Recovering data on a new iPhone and connecting Apple Watch
We have a local copy, now we need to connect the new iPhone to the Mac to transfer the information. After connecting the gadget to iTunes, you will be prompted to restore it from the latest backup, which we do.
When the process is complete, Apple Watch can be connected. Instructions:
In this step, select the “Restore from backup” section. We indicate the most current version of the copy and wait for the process to complete.
Now Smart-watch is tied to the new iPhone, all information is restored.
IPhone doesn’t prompt to use Apple Watch during setup
If you encounter this problem, then break the pair between the old iPhone and the Smartwatch. Then you need to pair with a new iPhone.
When a prompt is displayed, you should restore your Smartwatch from a backup. Check that your gadgets are up to date, otherwise the backup may not appear in the list of available ones.
How to properly connect Apple Watch to iPhone
Smart watch is a multifunctional gadget from Apple. To take advantage of the device’s capabilities, you need to know how to connect your Apple Watch to your iPhone.
Check Apple Watch connection
You can check if your Apple Watch is connected to your iPhone in 2 ways. On the watch, the check is performed through the “Control Center” section. The “Watch” application is used for this purpose on the phone.
In the first option, they make a gesture upward to open the “Control Panel” section. A red icon in the form of a crossed-out phone or a red cross appears in the upper left corner. This indicates a lack of communication between electronic devices.
Turning on the Watch app shows that there is contact with the iPhone. If there is no connection during the next check, then turn on and off the “Airplane mode” button. The connection should be restored.
What if you can’t pair
If synchronization has not occurred, try to break the pair and create again. To do this, press the start of the program “Pair Apple Watch Maually”. Instructions on how to do this will appear on the screen.
Try to connect Apple Watch to iPhone again
In case of unsuccessful contact, they try to connect the iWatch to the iPhone again. Step-by-step instructions for this process:
- iWatch and iPhone are positioned next to each other.
- On iPhone, turn off airplane mode and turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. To do this, swipe upwards across the phone screen. to open the “Control Center” section.
- Both devices restart.
Sometimes these manipulations do not lead to a positive result. In this case, you need to break the pair between the gadgets and create it again.
First launch, pairing and setup
Before launching, smart watches need to be checked and configured. The manufacturer explained how to set up Apple Watch and prepared step-by-step instructions for this. The watch works with iPhone 6 and all subsequent modifications equipped with the latest version of iOS.
Like any other device, your smartwatch needs a charge. The device is plugged into a power outlet using an Apple charging cable or a magnetic dock that attaches to a USB power adapter. It takes a while to fully charge.
The next step is to connect to the phone.
- To solve the problem of how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone, you first need to turn on the smart device. To do this, there is a button on the side panel. Press the button for a few seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen. After switching on, you need to select the language.
- The next step is to ask the watch to open the Apple Watch app on the iPhone. It is installed by the manufacturer in advance, during the software update.
- The fact that the program is running is signaled by the appearance of different patterns on the screen of the gadget, and a camera is launched on the phone.
- The iWatch device works on either side. you need to choose which hand it will be worn on. To continue, accept the terms of service and register your watch with your Apple ID.
- In this case, a series of installation notifications from the iPhone will be displayed on the screen of the device.
If the camera does not turn on, you need to pair or sync Apple Watch with iPhone and try to pair. To do this, the watch and the iPhone are placed side by side and enter a six-digit pairing code for the devices. iWatch finds iPhone via Bluetooth within a radius of 10 m. The device will be able to contact the phone from a farther distance after connecting to a Wi-Fi network. Bluetooth connection reduces battery consumption by 50%.
Break a pair and create it from the beginning
In the absence of contact between the devices, the pair is broken and re-created.
- On the watch, they select the “Settings” section, go to “Basic”, press “Reset”, select the “Erase content and settings” button.
- The Watch program is launched on the phone. Select the section “My watch”. A clock icon appears at the top left of the screen. Next to it is the “i” button, which you need to press.
- In the menu that opens, select the “Unpair Apple Watch” box. Click on it again to confirm the action.
- Pair iWatch and iPhone.
- At the end of the procedure, the gadgets restart.
Apple Watch won’t turn on
Step-by-step instructions on how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone
After preparing the devices, you need to go directly to synchronization. We will tell you in detail how to connect the new Apple Watch to the iPhone.
- You need to put the watch on your hand and turn it on. In order to turn it on, you need to hold the power button for a few seconds until the logo appears on the screen.
- Gadgets should be as close as possible to each other.
- After a few seconds, the screen will display the message “Use iPhone to set up Apple Watch”.
- Until pairing is complete, they should be near.
- At this stage, an animated picture should appear on the watch screen, which needs to be read by the camera.
- Two configuration options will appear. Either set up your Apple Watch as new if you bought it new, or restore a backup if you’ve already used it.
- The next step requires you to enter your Apple ID password.
- In the settings, select which phone functions should work and be displayed on the device.
- Apple Watch prompts you to set a password. If you do not want intruders to gain access to your data, use the password setting. If desired, this procedure can be done at any other time.
Important! Wait until the end of the synchronization process, after which you can fully use these two gadgets.
Activation lock is lit on the watch screen
There can be only one reason for blocking activation. The gadget remained tied to Apple ID from another iPhone. If you bought the device hand-held, you will have to contact the former owner to find out all the necessary data.
Tips on how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone
For users who have just purchased a Smart Watch, the question is how to connect Apple Watch to iPhone. These two devices are designed to sync with each other. After pairing, information about the device will be displayed on the watch screen, notifications about calls and messages will be received, you can track the steps taken, monitor your health and much more.
How to connect and sync Apple Watch to iPad?
You can establish pairing not only with an iPhone, but also with an iPad. Connecting is as easy as with an iPhone. Just a few simple steps are enough.
- Turn on the watch using the “Power” button, which is on the side.
- A message will appear on the screen where you need to select the interface language.
- Confirm the sync of the two devices.
- Follow the pop-up prompts that will appear on the display.
- The iPad’s camera needs to be placed over the watch for pairing to be successful.
- After all the steps taken, you can come up with a password for your watch.
Preparing Apple Watch and iPhone for syncing
Before synchronization, you need to prepare your devices. You need to check if your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. If the operating system is outdated, you will not be able to pair devices.
To pair your watch, you need to turn on Bluetooth on your phone. It is also necessary that the smartphone be connected to the network via Wi-Fi or through a mobile operator.
The clock does not receive notifications
Notifications may not come if the smartphone screen is activated. In this case, all messages will be displayed only on the iPhone. It is also possible that the connection between gadgets is lost if the distance between them is too great.
Watch not pairing with iPhone or iPad
Pairing can be unsuccessful for several reasons. It may be that Bluetooth is simply disabled on the iPhone or iPad. Also, synchronization will not be installed if the device does not have an up-to-date OS version.
How to check the connection between Apple watch and iPhone?
There are two ways to check for a connection. using the watch, or on the phone screen.
To check the connection on the watch display, you need to open the “Control Center” for this, swipe the picture of the main screen from top to bottom. If an icon of a crossed out iPhone or a red cross appears in the upper left corner of the watch, then the connection between the devices is not established.
When using the “Watch” application on your iPhone to check the connection, you should go to the application and open the Watch tab, it will contain information about the connection.
What to do if Apple Watch can’t see iPhone?
The first thing to do in this unpleasant situation is to check for a connection, as described above in this article, if there is no connection, then the problem lies precisely in this.
The smartwatch manufacturer offers several ways to solve this problem to choose from.
How to pair with Apple Watch. pairing process
There are 2 ways to pair Apple Watch, iPhone. automatic and manual. The first way to connect gadgets is faster and easier, for it you will need:
- Turn on your watch, press the side button (bottom right) and hold it for 2 seconds.
- Place the watch close to the iPhone.
- Wait for the notification that appears on the smartphone screen “Use your iPhone to set up this“ Apple Watch ”then select“ Continue ”. If the notification did not come, go to the “Apple Watch” application and click “create a pair”. It is worth noting that the watch must be near the smartphone throughout this entire process, it is also important that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on on your smartphone.
Watch app on iPhone
- Place both devices next to each other.
- Turn on Wi-Fi or mobile network on your iPhone.
- On the iPhone screen, tap the “Watch” app icon.
- Turn on the “start pairing” function.
- Then select the “manual installation” mode at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the “i” symbol.
- The iPhone should now see your watch.
- Then just follow the instructions of the program.
What iPhone Apple Watch works with?
It all depends on which watch model you have, but one thing is for sure. you will not be able to connect even the earliest smartwatch from Apple to an iPhone whose model is younger than 5s. Also, a prerequisite is the presence of a version of the operating system iOS.
Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) and all earlier watches will work with iPhone 5s, or later phones with the latest iOS installed.
Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS Cellular) will only work with iPhone 6, or a newer device (7, 8, X) with the latest version of iOS installed.
Pairing Apple Watch with iPhone or iPad
If you have already become the owner of a smart watch from Apple, then you should connect your Apple Watch to your iPhone in order to take advantage of all the functions of the watch. This article will show you how to pair your Apple Watch. Also here you will learn how to connect your watch to your iPad, how to check if there is a connection between devices and what to do if Apple Watch cannot see the iPhone and the connection cannot be established between.
How to connect to iPad?
The principle of connecting Apple Watch to an iPad is no different from the method of connecting to an iPhone smartphone, which you can familiarize yourself with above in this article.
Method Two: Break and Re-create the Link Between Apple Watch and iPhone
- In the watch settings, open “Settings” then select the “General” tab and click “Reset”, then “Erase content and settings”.
- In the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, you need to select My Watch and tap on the watch at the top of the display. There will be an “i” icon next to the watch symbol, click on it and select “Unpair Apple Watch” from the menu. Press twice to confirm the action.
- Now pair your Apple Watch and iPhone following the instructions above.