How to Connect Amazfit to Phone
In this manual, we will talk about how to configure the AMAZFIT Watch Pace smart watch. Here, everything you need to know about the first inclusion, about how to increase the autonomy of the gadget and other device features.
What version of watch to buy
There are two versions of AMAZFIT Pace watches on sale today: English with code number A1612 and Chinese A1602. Best of all, of course, immediately purchase the international American version of the A1612 with English out of the box. So you can avoid unnecessary manipulations with the firmware of the watch.
How to enable AMAZFIT Pace
The gadget immediately comes with approximately 50% battery power. So, right out of the box you can turn on the clock. To do this, simply hold down the key on the right side of the device. Usually, the first inclusion takes place long enough, you will see the company logo on the screen, and then the animation, which lasts about 1-2 minutes on the screen. After activation, you can proceed to the next paragraph of our instructions. Connecting to a smartphone.
How to connect a watch to a phone
After the AMAZFIT Pace is turned on, a QR code will light on their screen to connect the device to your smartphone. Download the AMAZFIT Watch app from Google Play or the AppStore and turn it on. To quickly log in, you can use your Facebook account or profile from Google Plus. Or simply register via mail (but this is longer). After login, you will be asked to scan the QR code and thereby tie the clock to the phone.
Another life hack, since this watch was made by Huami, a Xiaomi partner, they can also connect to the MiFit application. However, there are not so many useful functions in it as in the native application from the AMAZFIT developers.
How to set up your watch faces
Out of the box, the watch has several interchangeable dials. They can be changed in two ways. Choose the one you like best:
- Through the app: go to the AMAZFIT Pace app and find the Watch Faces tab. Select the appropriate watch face and click on it. It will immediately appear on the screen of your watch, subject to the active Bluetooth.
- In hours: hold the main screen, a carousel with interchangeable dials will open. Scrolling through the screens left and right, you can choose the appropriate one.
In addition, you can set a photo from your smartphone on the Pace watch display. It can be your child, favorite dog or just an abstract screensaver. To do this, in the application, in the tab with the dials, select “Load Image” and load the desired picture. Then calibrate its location in a circle and select the dial into which this picture is set as a background. A very convenient feature that allows you to make the watch screen more personalized.
How to set the time
The clock, after connecting to the smartphone, themselves choose the time of your network (your device). There is nothing to configure here. The only useful feature is the time display style of the 12/24-hour format. This can be configured directly on the watch, for this go to settings are common Time Format and select the one you need.
How to set up notifications
Right in the AMAZFIT application, scroll to the bottom and select the “Nonification Swttings” tab. Here you can choose the application that should send notifications to the screen of your watch. Here you can also select “prohibit everything” or prohibit sending notifications when the screen of your smartphone is turned on. This is convenient so that notifications are not duplicated.
It is worth immediately indicating that not all programs are capable of sending notifications to the clock. So if something doesn’t work, don’t worry, it’s a notification software. Among the most popular applications that work with watches: Facebook, SMS and calls. Conveniently, right on the AMAZFIT Pace screen, you can read SMS or work with incoming calls. But again, this requires a constant Bluetooth pair with a smartphone. Recently, support for the Strava sports app has appeared.
How to swap AMAZFIT Pace screens
If you do not like the standard desktop layout on your watch, you can sort them as you wish. To do this, go to the AMAZFIT Watch application, and select the “Widgets and App Management” tab. Here you can swap screens by dragging them with your finger, and also completely turn them off using the toggle switches.
How to solve the problem of autonomy
You must understand that the AMAZFIT Pace lasts an average of 4-5 days from one full battery charge. Some users complain that the gadget sits down too quickly: 10-20% per night, or 5-10% every hour during the day. This was especially noticeable on firmware ROM 1.3.5. What to do? I myself encountered such a problem and partially solved it. Here are some tips:
- The first 1-2 hours the watch runs really fast. Do not worry, I do not know what is the matter here, but you just need to wait out these first few exercises.
- For maximum charge speed, turn off the watch and connect to the 5V / 2A unit through the stock charging station. The average charging time is 1.5-2 hours.
- Do not indulge in the “air” mode in the notification curtain. The first two charges even this does not save from a quick discharge.
- I also noticed that a simple “Timer” in ROM version 1.3.5 consumes a lot of charge. So, better use a timer on your phone. In 30 minutes of the timer, the AMAZFIT Pace’s watch loses more percent than in 2 hours of walking with an active GPS and heart rate monitor.
- If you wet the watch and it starts to run out faster. Everything is simple here: take a cotton swab (usual for the ears) and wipe the contacts on the back of the watch. They can simply be short-circuited and the charge will melt before our eyes. After this procedure and charging up to 100%, autonomy should return to normal.
- And remember, the watch is protected from splashes, you should not swim and dive with it. For the pool, it is better to take the second generation AMAZFIT Pace 2 / 2S.
To keep the charge as long as possible, do the following:
- Turn off Continuous HR. To do this, right on the watch go to the screen with a pulse, tap it and in the menu that appears there will be a Continuous HR switch. Deactivate it.
- Set the brightness to automatic, or turn off the clock at all. In bright sunshine, it is not needed at all, as the AMAZFIT Pace screen simply shines in direct sunlight.
- To adjust the brightness, swipe down on the main screen and go to the notification curtain. In it, touch the red (second from right) brightness adjustment icon and set the automatic level (the letter “A” will appear on the icon).
- Disable Bluetooth on your smartphone: this way you will not let your watch constantly keep Bluetooth paired with your phone and consume battery power.
- Set the minimum vibration level. To do this, go to the notification curtain settings General (common) and in the vibration menu, select the desired level. Here you can still adjust the brightness, but the curtain is more convenient.
- Turn on “air mode” to save battery power. Well, this is the last advice, in extreme cases, if you need to “hold out” until the evening.
How to download and listen to music from the watch
But this is the chip that I like most about watches. You can upload your favorite music to your watch and play it on your Bluetooth headphones. This is incredibly convenient, since you do not need to take a smartphone or other things for a run. Enough AMAZFIT Pace with GPS and Bluetoot-headset and play sports at your pleasure light. To do this, follow these steps:
To transfer music from a Windows computer:
- Connect the clock to the computer using the dock and USB cable
- The device will appear as a flash drive in the My Computer section. (approximately 2.25 GB free)
- Double click on it to display a list of files and find the “Music” folder
- Copy the desired tracks to the Music folder
- That’s all, now your music is in the AMAZFIT Pace flash memory
To transfer music through an Apple computer to MacOS:
- Download and install Android File Transfer for Mac from this link https://www.Android.com/filetransfer
- Connect your watch to your computer using the supplied dock and USB cable
- Open Android File Transfer
- Double-click on the “Music” file folder shown in the “Android File Transfer” section.
- Now copy or just drag and drop music files to the Music folder
After these procedures, disconnect Amazfit Pace from the computer. Now scroll through the desktops to the “Music Player”. Now, right from here you can play music on Bluetooth headphones or even a wireless speaker.
To connect the headphone or speaker to the watch, do the following: On the main screen, swipe down and left until you see the additional settings item:
- Select Advanced Settings
- Select “Bluetooth” to start searching for Bluetooth headphones.
- As soon as the device appears on the watch screen, click on it
- Confirm and start pairing by selecting the checkmark.
- That’s all, the headphones / speaker will be connected to the watch
How to switch miles to kilometers
Like the AMAZFIT Pace, it’s an “American” gadget, it displays all the distances in miles. To make it start to show us the more familiar kilometers, do the following.
For iOS app:
- Click “Advanced Settings” on the main screen of the application
- Click Units to go from Imperial to Metric
- Return to the main screen and click the “Sync” button
For Android application:
- Click on the user icon in the upper left corner of the main screen
- Click Units to go from Imperial to Metric
- Return to the main screen and click the “Sync” button
How to switch Fahrenheit degrees to Celsius
In iOS app
- Select “Application Settings”
- Select Weather Settings
- Select Temperature and select Fahrenheit or Target.
In Android app
- Select “Applications” at the bottom of the main screen.
- Click the wheel icon next to Weather.
- Select “Temperature” and select Fahrenheit or Celsius, which is closer and clearer to you
What to do if Bluetooth and Wi-Fi do not work
If you find that your watch periodically has problems connecting to Wi-Fi / Bluetooth, then run the following test to diagnose the system.
- Go to the “Advanced Settings” section on the watch
- In the “Settings” section, scroll down and click “About.”
- In the “About” section, scroll down to the “Legal Statement” tab.
- Now quickly tap on the “Legal Statement” inscription until the Lab tab appears above it. (you do something similar when you click on the Android version to detect Easter eggs from Google)
- Click Lab and select Signal Strength Test.
- Click “Start”, the test will begin, wait a while
A message about passing or failing the test will appear after the test is completed. Note. Make sure your device is connected to your Wi-Fi and is near the router when you run the test. If the test is successful. Your watch is working as expected and the problem is clearly not worth looking for in the watch. If it “failed”, then it is best to turn in the gadget to the SC.
What applications are supported by AMAZFIT Pace
Supported apps include AMAZFIT, MiFit, and the Strava fitness app. Alas, iHealth, Google Fit and others are not directly supported. But, you can sync data with MiFit with iHealth and Google Fit. True, it is worth noting that MiFit for AMAZFIT Pace is not the most popular application that limits the functionality of smart watches.