How to connect Airpods to iPhone 6
Connect to MacBook
To connect, you need a MacBook with macOS Sierra or later:
- Place the accessory in the case.
- Press the button on the back of the case.
- The LED between the headphone jacks will blink white.
- Click on the button in the menu bar and in the Output Device section of your MacBook and select the Airpods Wireless.
How to connect Airpods to iPad, Apple Watch?
Connecting to other devices running iOS is done in the same order, while you need to know that the versions of operating systems for this must be:
How to connect Airpods to iPhone, iPad, MacBook, Apple Watch: detailed instructions?
Owners of wireless headphones for Apple gadgets often have a question about how to connect Airpods to iPhone, and also whether it is possible to connect Airpods to Apple Watch. This overview provides answers to these and other questions.
How to connect Airpods to iPhone?
To set up your Airpods for the first time, you need to sign in to your iCloud account from your smartphone. This is necessary for the compatibility of the headset with any Apple device linked to the same account.
To make a connection, you need an iPhone, iPad or iPod with iOS 10 or higher:
- Open the case and place it near the device.
- The device will automatically launch the setup program.
- Click on “Connect” and “Finish”.
- Enjoy stereo sound.
To use on another iOS device:
- Open Control Center.
- Press the icon at the top right to change the settings.
- Click and select Airpods from the list provided.
Connecting Airpods to Android and Windows Phone Devices
It is possible to connect wireless headphones to Android and Windows devices. The connection process is carried out in exactly the same way as with other devices with a Bluetooth module:
Connect iPhone 6 to Apple Airpods. How to
- Open the case and place it near the device
- Press the round button on the back. The white light starts flashing.
- Find your Airpods in the list of Bluetooth devices and pair.
What to do if Airpods can’t connect to your device
If one of the headphones stops working, then:
- first you need to install them in the charging case for 10 seconds;
- after that, you should insert them into your ears, and after 3-5 seconds the Airpods will automatically connect to your device;
- check the connection indicator on the case. during operation it glows white;
- if this does not happen, then close the cover and hold down the reset button and open the cover at the same time;
- in this case, the lamp will turn white or blink yellow for a short time, after which it will change to white;
- if the connection did not occur, then you need to turn off the Bluetooth module on the device for a minute through the “Control Center” program.
Replacing one earphone
Quite often, one of the headphones in the pair has to be replaced for some reason, and the new earphone refuses to connect to the device and needs to be configured. In this case, the “Forget device” option can help. Procedure:
- Open the “Settings” menu, select “Bluetooth” and find the old Airpods in the list.
- Press the “i” button and select the “Forget this device” function.
- Pairing like a Bluetooth device.
If the headphones do not connect to the Apple Watch, putting the gadget into airplane mode for a while helps a lot. We hope that in this article you have found answers to common questions, how to connect wireless Airpods to iPad and how to connect Airpods headset to MacBook.
How to see the charge of Airpods on iPhone?
When the headset is connected, the charge of the accessory will be displayed on the smartphone screen. It can also be viewed in the widgets:
- To do this, swipe to the left.
- Scroll down and click “Change”.
- Find “Batteries” in the list of widgets and click on to add this column to the widgets.
Now by swiping to the left in the “Batteries” column you can view the charge of your smartphone and accessories connected to it.
Also, by going to the “control center” and clicking the card with sound controls in the upper right corner, you can see the charge level of the wireless headphones and the case.
The above methods are suitable for all iOS devices.
How to connect Airpods to iOS and macOS devices
Have you got Airpods? This article will show you how to connect headphones to iOS and macOS devices.
Usually, connecting Airpods to gadgets is very quick and easy, but there are some difficulties. Before connecting, press the button on the back of the case and see if the charge indicator is on (for the wireless case, the charge lamp is on the outside of the case, for the case without wireless charging, it is inside the case between the headphone compartments). If the light is on, then the wireless headphones are charged and you can start connecting them.
How to connect Airpods to iPhone?
In order to connect, follow the tips below:
- Turn on Bluetooth on the device to which you want to connect the accessory.
- Unlock iPhone (iPad or iPod) and open the headphone case.
- A notification will immediately appear on the screen, which prompts you to proceed to the connection.
- Press “Connect” on the smartphone screen and hold the button on the case. Connection will be quick and easy.
All Apple wireless headphones are connected according to this principle. If you do not own an iPhone, then check out the article “How to connect Airpods to Android and use all their functions.”.
How to Connect Apple Wireless Headphones to MacBook?
The advice below works for all macOS devices.
- Open the headphone case.
- Go to Bluetooth Preferences on Mac.
- In the list of available devices, you will immediately see Airpods. If suddenly the connection did not happen, then just click the “Connect” button and enjoy the work of the accessory.
In order to see the charge level of the case and headset, just hover the mouse over the line with the display of Airpods in the Bluetooth menu, and you will see the remaining charge level. If you don’t know how to control music using a wireless headset, then check out the article “Set up Airpods. How to switch tracks ”. This is how quickly, magically, you can connect a headset to devices with iOS and macOS.
How to connect Apple Airpods to iPhone
Apple introduced its Airpods wireless earbuds with a lot of qualities. And for good reason: these headphones offer great sound, true wireless connectivity, fit perfectly in your ears and support advanced features like Siri and automatic sound balancing when you take one out and leave the other in your ear.
If you’ve already purchased Airpods, you’ll love them. However, with such a baggage of functions, there is a lot to learn. This article covers the basics like connecting and setting up your Airpods for more advanced features like changing the settings themselves and even using them with third party gadgets.
Requirements for using Airpods
To use Apple Airpods, you need:
If you meet these requirements, learn how to set up and use Apple Airpods. Don’t Forget About Honor “How To Check The Battery Charge Of Airpods”.
How to connect Apple Airpods to iPhone and iPad
To pair Airpods, activate Bluetooth on your iOS device by opening Control Center, then tap the Bluetooth icon to turn it on.
Hold your Airpods case. with Airpods in it. one or two centimeters from your iPhone or iPad, then open the case.
Press and hold the button on the Airpods case.
Follow the instructions on the screen. Most likely, this will be associated with pressing the “Connect” button.
Connect AirPod Pro to iPhone 6
Your Airpods will be automatically configured to work with every device connected to the same iCloud account used on the device you set them up on.
How to connect Airpods to iPhone
Connecting Headphones to iPhone
We take the branded package with Airpods and carefully open it with a stationery knife or scissors, take out the case and place it near the iPhone. Then we perform the following actions:
Remove the Airpods from the case. As soon as we insert into the ears, playback begins. If we want to pause the sound. we take out one earphone, if we stop completely. both.
Which iPone can I connect headphones to
Airpods can be connected to any iPhone with iOS 10 or later so that they function at their full capacity.
Compatibility is possible with iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, as indicated in the specification for the headphones. But at the same time, on older devices, you need to update the iOS OC to iOS 10.
Airpods will work with older devices and even with these devices on the old version of iOS, but at the same time they will lose all their chips and will function, in fact, like a regular wireless headset.
How to connect Airpods to iPhone
Airpods are the only truly wireless earbuds we can use thanks to Apple. With Airpods, you can use Siri, make phone calls, listen to any audio recordings, and more.
Connect to two different devices at the same time
In order to connect Airpods headphones to two different devices at the same time, remove both headphones from the case and set them to one of the gadgets. Then we put one earphone into the case, and set the other one to the second device.
How to connect headphones to another iPnone
If you wanted to listen to music on another iPhone, then when you place the case next to this device, instead of the inscription “Connect”, “Not your Airpods” will appear. What to do about it? To connect you need:
- Place the headphones in the case
- Open the cover of the case
- Press and hold the button located on the back of the case until the indicator on it flashes white
Further, as in the previous paragraph. we see the animation, select “Connect” and “Finish”
How to connect headphones to earlier versions of iOS
Airpods can be used with both older devices and earlier versions of iOS, ie. with almost any device that has a Bluetooth module. What you need to do for this:
- Place headphones in the case
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case until the indicator flashes white
- Find a Bluetooth headset on the device in the settings
- Confirm pairing
Compatibility and supported devices
Airpods work with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV, but all of these devices are assumed to have the latest software. The connection is via Bluethoth. The headphones are compatible with the following devices and software versions:
- iPhone (4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 7, 8, X), iPad, iPod touch, starting with iOS 10 and later;
- Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and later
- Apple Watch with watchOS 3
- Apple TV with TVOS11.
As such, they are compatible with all current versions of Apple’s software. If the device is completely new, then it will work with these headphones, and even older devices are easy to connect if they have the software mentioned above installed.
How to Automatically Connect Airpods to Any iPhone
Airpods are Apple’s new wireless earbuds. They make it possible to interact with Siri, music and audio, and answer calls. They are popular with iPhone users, but work with most iOS devices.
When you buy a new pair of headphones, you might be wondering how to connect it to your iPhone. It turns out that everything is simple. Most of the process is automated. Don’t worry if something goes wrong.
Before starting, make sure your Airpods are charged (they usually come with a charged battery) and that the device you want to sync them with is compatible. If you’re not sure, below you can see the supported devices, but almost all modern Apple products will work with Airpods.
Pairing Airpods with newer iPhones is surprisingly easy. Take your iOS device and case. You can connect Airpods to iPhone as follows:
- Unlock the iPhone you want to connect to a pair of Airpods and go to the home screen (where you can see all the application icons);
- Open the case with the headphones without taking them out and hold it near the iPhone;
- Wait for iPhone to find Airpods and click “Connect”;
- Click Finish.
Airpods are connected and ready to go. Also, if you use the same Apple ID and iCloud account on multiple devices, Airpods will automatically set up to work with them.
How to distinguish original from fake
Here are some tips to help you distinguish genuine Apple headphones from fake ones:
- Price. The first thing to look out for when buying. Obviously, original Airpods cost a lot more than those made by a third party;
- Packaging and case. Take a close look at the cover, it should be pure white, made of high-quality plastic, and be smooth. If this is not the case, you can be sure that you have a fake in your hands;
- Headphone color. This is the easiest way to distinguish an original from a fake. Original Airpods are available in white only;
- Build quality. The original earbuds consist of three parts that are precisely connected to each other without unnecessary plastic. Also, compared to the fake, they look sturdier, better quality and heavier (due to the premium build quality);
- Comfortable to wear. Try inserting Airpods into your ear. Earphones from Apple should fit neatly under the ear cavity, should not fall out;
- Headphone control. The original ones do not have buttons. For control, they have built-in optical sensors and accelerometers of motion and voice;
- Company logo and other designations. Apple’s original case doesn’t have their logo on it. Also, there should be no other inscriptions. On the headphones themselves, there should be only the letters L and R, which show which headphone is right and which is left;
- Sound quality. The headphones are designed to produce the best possible sound using their own design. This design guarantees deeper lows and crisp highs when listening to music. If the sound quality seems low to you, then this is a direct indicator that the headphones are fake;
- Microphone quality. Among other things, checking the quality of a microphone is an easy way to tell if your product is original or not. Usually people do not pay attention to such a detail, but it is enough just to call a friend and ask if he hears your voice loudly and clearly, is there any extraneous noise.
Airpods not connecting to iOS or not installed correctly? What to do?
If for some reason your headphones won’t connect or sync with the iPhone after the setup process above, you’ll need to hold down the setup button on your Airpods and try again. You should also do this if you are connecting the headphones to another iPhone:
- Place the headphones in the case if you haven’t already;
- Press and hold the install button on the back of the Airpods Charging Case for 18 seconds, or until the charging light blinks orange and then white;
- Repeat the initial installation process outlined above in the article.
It’s also worth mentioning that while Airpods should come with the latest software installed, they should be updated if possible.
Airpods are now connected and ready to work with your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or other Apple device. Using them is very simple, just double-tap your headphones to call Siri, answer a phone call, control music.
How to clean your headphones
Spending over 10,000 rubles on headphones is not such an easy decision. And if you did buy Airpods, do not forget to take care of them, and then they will not have to be changed along with the new iPhone upgrade. After all, in the end you won’t just store them in a case. So here are some tips on how to clean your Airpods.
Dirt, dust, lint, earwax, and more easily spill onto the glossy white surface of Airpods, and you’ll need to clean your headphones from time to time. It is best to do this consistently so that dirt does not build up.
So you can clean your headphones from dirt, and in order to keep their appearance for a long time, do not be lazy and follow the tips below.
- Polish your Airpods with a microfiber cloth from time to time to keep the color bright and the surface shiny;
- Don’t forget about ear hygiene;
- If you do not use headphones, store them in a special case;
- Try to make sure that only you use your headphones. This advice also applies to hygiene.