How to Connect Airdots to Phone
How to connect bluetooth headphones to your phone
The Xiaomi AirDots feature is the touch panels on the outside of each earpiece. With their help, you can connect Xiaomi wireless headphones to your phone.
- Hold and hold both earbuds until you see a double violet-red blinking. This is a signal that you have reset.
- Put them briefly in the charging box, take them out and wait until the devices “find” each other. As soon as this happens, you will see a pale purple flashing right earpiece. He is the chief.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings of the smartphone. On available devices, the designation MI AIRDOTS BASIC_R will appear. These are your headphones. The phone connects to the right, and the one connects to the left.
Sometimes AirDots are synchronized separately. The reason is the left “ear” “loses” the right.
4 steps if one wireless earphone does not work.
- Disconnect the two headphones: hold down both touch panels until the red indicators light up.
- Hold for 30-50 seconds: first the white indicator will turn on, then, after 10-20 seconds they will light up in red and white. The indicator winks 2 times.
- Continue to hold until they flicker a couple of times and go out for a few seconds. Then they flicker a couple more times, which means that the settings are reset.
- Now put the “ears” in the case and soon get both. The left one will look for the right one, synchronizes with it, and you can connect to the phone.
How to use Xiaomi AirDots wireless headphones
If you listen to the “ears” in pairs, they work
4 hours. And if you listen to tracks alone, then the performance of the device will increase by 1 hour. A Bluetooth headset is connected in the same way. That of an iPhone, that of an Android.
- Hold the touchpad of one earphone.
- In the phone’s settings, “MI AIRDOTS BASIC_R” or “MI AIRDOTS BASIC_L” will be displayed. Whichever one you select. For example, the left. While it blinks often, it means looking for the right one. 15 seconds after activation, it will start to blink less often. From this moment the earphone is activated as a standalone device. He is ready to pair with the phone.
And yes! The sound of the little AirDots. What you need. With bass too. But only on condition that you correctly select the ear pads that come with the kit. They should fit snugly into the ear canal. A sure sign of “their” size. When the “ears” are not felt when worn.
How Xiaomi Wireless Headphones Work
If you remove the earphone from your ear, the music does not stop like in AirPods. Devices are disconnected only in the case, and are connected back to the phone when they are taken out:
- Put only the left in the case, it will turn off, and the right will work;
- Remove the right. Both will turn off.
Headphones work with voice assistants Siri, Google Assistant, Alice. Intuitive controls:
- 1 touch. Pause or answer a call;
- Double. Call a voice assistant. The only thing that is not convenient: when you want to adjust the earpiece and accidentally click on the touch panel, the music will stop;
- Holding one or more seconds. Cancel a call;
- Double tap during a call. Mute the microphone.
How to charge wireless headphones
Xiaomi AirDots charges the case, and he lives on micro usb. Not 1.5 hours, as the manufacturer claims.
45 minutes. The case is equipped with a 350 mAh battery, it is enough for three recharges.
- If the diode does not flicker and glows red, the battery is charging.
- White color indicates 100% battery charge.
Watch MI AirDots review, problems and solutions
Leave your opinion and suggestions for the article”How to connect Xiaomi AirDots wireless headphones”
Xiaomi Air Dots wireless headphones can work separately, reproducing sound only through the left or right headset. We will figure out how to connect both headphones to a phone or other device immediately after synchronization via Bluetooth.
How to connect both Redmi AirDots headphones
While charging in the case, both inserts must form a pair for simultaneous reproduction of sound through the emitters. If both “gags” are working, do the following:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone first.
- Remove the headset from its case and hold down the mechanical buttons on both headphones. Hold them until the LEDs turn white.
- Since the right “ear” is designated as the main one, the indicator on it will begin to flash.
- Start the search for new devices via Bluetooth on your smartphone if Mi Airdots Basic_R does not appear in the list of available ones.
- Click on the name to connect the smartphone and headset.
- A window will appear asking you to allow the headphones to access the contacts (the text in the insert may differ depending on the shell of the phone’s OS).
- Agree, after which you can listen to music through the headset.
How to fix Redmi AirDots sync issues
The problem of the out of sync of the earbuds occurs in case of violation of the primary activation of the headset or a malfunction in its operation after 1-2 months of use. In this case, the headphones from Xiaomi will have to be reset to the factory settings:
- Go to the list of devices connected to the phone via Bluetooth and delete the “gags”.
- Remove the headphones from the case and simultaneously hold down the control buttons on both.
- After a few seconds, the indicator will flash red and white. Do not release your fingers until repeated flickering occurs.
- Return the two headphones back to the case to adjust the communication channel between them.
- Remove them from the power connectors and wait for the ripple of the indicators to decrease. The LED should continue to glow only at the right earphone.
- Reconnect to your smartphone and enjoy the music.
Attention! This instruction is also relevant if during a conversation or listening to tracks, the sound disappears or the headphones do not connect to the device the first time. Ensure that the earbuds and case are charged, otherwise a second synchronization failure may occur. At 100% battery capacity, the indicator lights up white, discharged lights up in red.
Tips for connecting Redmi AirDots
Xiaomi earphones have several features that should be reckoned with when connecting them and then using them:
- The mechanical keys on the “plugs” are able to receive, reject and drop calls, pause and switch musical compositions. They adjust the volume exclusively on the phone.
- Headphones can be used separately, saving battery power. To do this, get only one of them from the case and connect it to the device.
- The battery life of the headset is 3-4 hours, depending on the set volume. The battery recharges after 45 minutes.
- Headphones are connected in the same way to smartphones on Android, iOS and devices with other OSs.
- Some smartphones may not see gags due to compatibility issues.
- If the headphones are disconnected in a crowded place (shopping center, metro, etc.), the cause is the presence of frequency noise.
2 Redmi AirDots headphones should be connected to the device automatically after synchronization inside the case. If they do not connect to each other, reset them to the factory settings.
Technical specifications Redmi AirDots
I like the characteristics of 16
Packaging and equipment
I like the grade 3
Not happy 2
Well, all right, in the end, after unpacking, we just throw it away, so this is not the most important thing. But for the packaging of the parcel I will put the seller a bold plus. The headphones were packed not just in a bag, but also in an impenetrable polyethylene “armor”, as a result of which the box was not damaged a bit. So you can safely take a gift.
Inside, we find 50% of useful things and the same amount of air is taken from China. That is, the box could safely be done half as much. Well, or at least put a cable in it. Alas, it is not here. Over, to charge you need a wire with a micro USB connector and it means that you must take it from your phone. And if you have an iPhone with Lightning or a flagship Android with USB-C? In general, this point is not thought out.
In the kit is only a set of spare ear pads and worthless instructions in Chinese. Okay, done away with the minuses, then there will be only positive emotions.
Xiaomi Redmi Airdots Appearance Review
I like design 20
The lid moves easily on the hinge, but it opens with a little effort. It is magnetized, and the headphones will not fall out of it arbitrarily. On the front side of the case there is a logo. By the way, it can be of two types. In the form of the logo of the company “Mi” or just the inscription of the sub-brand “Redmi”. Both options may not be a sign of fake.
The modules themselves also rely on magnets, but landing in the slots is not very convenient in order to quickly get them out of there. They are planted deep enough, so you have to get a little accustomed and pick out.
They look beautiful. Perhaps due to such a detail as the edging of glossy plastic around the button. A trifle, but nice, it is clear that they worked on the design. The control button is perfect. This is not a sensor, so there are no accidental clicks. But on the other hand, it has a large surface, and it is easy to blindly feel and press it without a miss. She looks very neat at the same time.
There is a cutout inside the key, under which a light indicator is hidden. It does not burn blue, as is customary, but red and white.
The shape is also optimal. The elongated body fits well in the auricle, and the angled corners make them more comfortable to be found there.
Outwardly, it is very similar to the Haylou GT1, but they are more monolithic due to the lack of a physical key.
Feedback on the sound of wireless TWS headphones
I like headphones in practice 1
The default ear cushions are wider than Ausdom and fit more tightly in your ears. Due to this, better isolation of the channel from external sounds. Well, of course, they do not fall out during active movements, although there are no additional rubber clips. You can lose physical activity without fear.
If we talk about the reception distance, then the 10 meters declared by the manufacturer can only be in theory. In practice, communication is stable only if you move to the next room. Further there will be constant breaks.
A few words about the microphone. It is stated that Redmond Airdots uses an active noise reduction system. To be honest, in the Arctic, I did not notice much difference between them and other wireless headphones of such a form factor. He will memorize the voice in them just as bad. Like it or not, the design does not contribute to their full use as a headset.
How to connect Redmi Airdots to a phone via Bluetooth?
I like the functionality 1
When I first got the Redmi Airdots headphones out of the case, I had to turn them on manually. Thank God that you do not need to press any buttons on the case, as we saw when connecting Xiaomi Mi Airdots 2. Later they turn on automatically after removal from the case. No mobile application is required to configure, as some people think. This happens with the built-in means of the Android or iOS operating system.
Deactivation also occurs by pressing the buttons, or by placing the headphones in a case. Over, if you remove only the left, it will turn off, and the right will continue to work. If you put the right one in place, then both will turn off immediately.
To connect to the phone, do the following: They are the same for both the iPhone and any Android smartphone.
Headphones are connected in the same way to a TV or Smart TV Box. A separate instruction is devoted to this topic on our website.
What if Redmi Airdots do not work together. Right or left earphone?
As it turned out, a very common problem is when out of the box the Redmi Airdots headphones do not work together and do not connect to each other even after a reboot. I also, for some reason, from the factory, the wireless modules were not paired. Both “Redmi Airdots” separately — “R” and “L” were displayed on the phone at once. At the same time, they were connected one at a time and each time one of the headphones did not work. Only the right or left, but not together.
To pair them together, I had to reset the headphones and synchronize with each other again according to the separate instructions that are already on our website.
In short, then:
How does switching tracks, managing music and calls on Redmi Airdots work?
The music management capabilities of Redmi Airdots are very limited. In particular, switching tracks is not possible here. Usually in other models it is done by double-clicking or touching. Here, a call to a voice assistant is assigned to this gesture.
The same applies to volume. Its adjustment by gestures from the headphones is not provided. However, there is a life hack. Call the voice assistant and ask him to turn up the volume or switch the track.
Connect Redmi Airdots to a computer
There is nothing complicated in connecting Redmi Airdots wireless headphones to a computer or laptop, either. The only thing in it must be a Bluetooth module. On laptops, it is most often already integrated. But for a desktop computer, you may need to buy an external USB adapter. About one of these, I wrote in detail in an article about connecting wireless speakers to a PC.
The procedure for connecting headphones to a computer is the same as for a smartphone.
How to charge Redmi Airdots and what to do if one earphone does not charge?
In order to put Redmi Airdots on charge, you just need to put both headphones in a case. Each in its own socket. It is impossible to confuse them in places, as they simply will not be inserted. And connect the microUSB charging cable with one end to the case, and the other into any adapter from a mobile phone or an extension cord with a USB port for charging. Even a connector on a computer or laptop is suitable.
They also ask me what to do if one of the headphones does not charge. If this happens, then first of all, check whether he is sitting securely in his cell. The design of the case is such that it is easy to move them from their place, because of which contact with the antennae that comes from the battery is lost. As a result, the earphone does not charge.
Also, if you just unpacked Redmi Airdots, check if there is a protective film covering the contacts on the headphones themselves. The Chinese do this on all models because of the security requirements for postage.