How to connect a TV computer to TV. Image setting in TV menu
Connection of a laptop or computer to TV
To connect a laptop or computer to the TV, you must decide on the method of connecting it. Depending on the model of the device, the method may differ. In order not to spoil the planned viewing of the film, use one of our advice.
- one. Connection options
- one.1 via hdmi cable
- one.2 DVI cable
- one.3 through VGA
- one.4 miracast (widi)
- one.5 RCA and S-Video
- one.6 Wi-Fi connection (or Ethernet)
- one.7 using a wireless monitor
- one.8 scart
- 2. Connection of Apple MacBook Pro and Air to TV
- 2.1 wireless connection
- 2.2 connection via cable
- 3. Problems when connecting to a TV by HDMI and VGA
- 3.1 no signal from a laptop/computer to TV
- 3.2 No sound, but there is an image
There are many connection options. Everyone has their own pros and cons of. To choose the best option for yourself, read the detailed list presented below.
Through HDMI cable
This is the easiest way to connect. But HDMI cable does not go in standard configuration, so you have to purchase it. It is universal and suitable for all TVs, computers and laptops.
He can also convey the permission of the picture to Full HD (1920×1080). Therefore, the bulk of users opens their choice on it.
After connecting the HDMI cable to the laptop/computer, you need to find a similar connector on the TV. If it is absent, you will need to buy an adapter, or use another connection method.
In the HDMI computer, the cable is connected to the video card, and not to the motherboard.
When two devices are connected to each other, it is necessary to configure the image transmission format using the Winp (or FNF4) key combination. The menu will open with the choice of output of the picture:
- Only a computer screen. The image is displayed only on a computer monitor.
- Repeating. The picture is duplicated on the TV.
- Expand. The space of the desktop increases. It will be possible to use the second monitor in the same way as the main one: work on it, play games, watch movies and so on.
- Only the second screen. The image is displayed only on TV.
The TV itself is easier to set up. To do this, open the menu and select the desired signal source.
Watch a video instruction on connecting a laptop to a TV on HDMI:
- The laptop does not see the TV (shows that there is no signal). Solution: first turn on the TV, and then the laptop. Not vice versa!
- On the TV, the image goes beyond. Solution: you need to change the screen resolution on a laptop (reduce it).
- Connection problems, no image. Solution: try another HDMI connector on the TV if there are several. Or on the TV you need to choose a PC mode.
- The picture disappears and after a second appears again. Solution: change the HDMI cable to a new. This one can be interrupted.
A more outdated model, but TVs with this connector continue to produce. Capable of transmitting an image to Full HD quality, but the sound will have to be connected separately for this.
Also, the problem may occur laptop users. not all models have a DVI connector, as well as televisions. But this situation can be avoided if the adapter is used.
The adapter can worsen the quality of the transmitted image, especially using the old generation cables as DVI.
Connection and synchronization itself is similar to HDMI cable.
It is found on most laptops, but on a TV or computers with a new generation video card it is already difficult to find. The cable transfers only the image, so that the sound will have to be connected separately through the wire.
To connect two devices to each other, you need to insert a VGA cable into the corresponding connectors on PC and TV. Next, on the TV control panel, click on the “Sources” button and in the menu that appears, select “PC”.
How to connect a laptop to a VGA TV and make a screen settings, see the next
The technology does not require the connection of additional wires, but only an adapter. Also, a computer or laptop should be equipped with an Intel processor at least a fourth generation. In many new laptops and TVs, this technology has already been introduced, so buying a Miracast adapter is not always required.
Computer/laptop and TV should support Widi function. If everything is ready-go to the next step, no-insert a Wi-Fi adapter that supports Miracast.
In the TV menu on the TV, select Screen Share and start it.
Use the Winp combination. In the menu that appears, click on the “connection to the wireless display”, after a few seconds the TV will display. connect to it.
After connecting, go to the “screen parameters” using the right click on the desktop, where it will be displayed in the menu that opened. Choose a suitable quality.
RCA and S-Video
Very outdated type of image transmission. Suitable only to output pictures to outdated TV models from a computer. Laptops with this technology have not been released for a long time. you have to use an adapter.
RCA and S-Video
The only plus of such a cable is the ability to broadcast the image on old TVs, but the quality of the picture will be bad. So you don’t have to count on good permission.
Wi-Fi connection (or Ethernet)
Another of the most convenient ways where a big plus is the complete absence of wires and the ability to connect at any point in the house where the Wi-Fi signal reaches. To do this, you need to configure access on a laptop or computer to certain folders.
Also, this technology allows you to listen to music on Hi-fi-acoustics in convenient mode.
Conjugation of both devices occurs through a router. It is enough to connect them to one Wi-Fi network and on the TV you will be able to watch videos, photos and listen to music from a laptop or computer.
Why connect a computer to a TV at all
When connecting PC to the TV, the latter begins to play the role of the monitor. What opportunities does this provide the user? First of all, of course, watching films and series on a convenient large screen. You can watch your favorite tape alone at the computer table, but for family gatherings, a TV and a cozy sofa are more suitable.
For a small computer monitor, the family is much more difficult to collect
The second purpose is to turn a computer into a semblance of a game console. If you have a large quality TV, but there is no good monitor, then you can evaluate modern games with cool graphics by connecting PC to TV. Of course, this will not improve the performance of your computer, but can significantly increase resolution, especially if you have an old monitor.
Do not forget about home and video presentations! If relatives came to you, and you want to please them with high.quality family pictures, then you can not come up with a better platform for this than a TV. By connecting PC to it, you can demonstrate photos of photos in a more spectacular format.
How can I connect a computer to a TV
There are not so many widely used methods of connection:
To determine which of them you can use, you need to study the connectors on the computer and TV. On PC you can find only the first three types of ports: HDMI, VGA, DVI. You can find the same ports on the TV housing.
These ports can be distinguished from each other outwardly
On laptops you can find the so.called microhdmi. He practically does not differ from his “older brother” and was invented to save a place on the corps of compact laptops. The quality of image and sound transmission is stored the same as the usual HDMI. But for the connection, you will need an asymmetric HDMI-MicroHDMI cable or a special adapter.
Such a connector is especially common on super.toned laptops and netbooks
4K TV as a PC monitor how to get the best picture quality (Settings you should tweak)
Red-white RCA ports are almost not found on modern TVs, but very common on old models. If you have the past of the past generation, then “tulips” is the only way to connect PC. On the computer you will not see such ports. “Tulips” are connected only using asymmetric cables (for example, RCA-HDMI) or adapters.
These ports are on almost every “belly” TV
In fact, the modern market of components allows you to combine two ports of any type of ports: VGA and HDMI, HDMI and DVI, RCA and VGA However, the cheapest thing is to opt for the same pairs of connectors. Symmetric cable costs less than the desired adapter.
If you still decide to connect two different ports, then you will have to buy a special adapter. When buying an adapter, pay attention to Input and output formats. Input you will connect to the computer, so the name of the port that is on your PC should be indicated there. Output is a conclusion on TV, so its name should correspond to the name of the port of the TV.
Visually: there is a computer with VGA support and a TV with HDMI. To connect them, we need an Input adapter in VGA and Output format in HDMI format.
You should not buy cheaper ones, they greatly reduce the quality of the image and sound.
Connection of a computer to a TV using HDMI
HDMI is the best choice for connecting a computer to TV. Firstly, this format provides the highest quality transmission of the picture in modern conditions. Secondly, this is the only port that is capable of transmitting immediately and sound. If you have a HDMI separation on TV, this connection method becomes a priority, even if it does not have a PC.
How to connect a computer without an HDMI port? If you have only VGA or DVI on your computer, then you can buy an appropriate adapter. Together with the adapter, there will also be a special cord 3.5–3.5 for the output of the sound. We need it when connecting.
The main minus of the connection via HDMI is the low prevalence of the port on relatively old devices. Otherwise, this format is the highest quality and perfect of all presented in the modern market.
What should be the cable
Cables for HDMI connections are different. STANDART and HIGH SPEED are most common. The difference between them is the quality and format of the transmitted image. So, Standart can transmit from PC to TV an image in 1080i or 720p. It is relatively cheap and is able to give out a perfectly acceptable picture.
High Speed is better for fans of excellent graphics. Such a cable supports 1080r formats and higher (up to 4K). It is necessary if you plan to watch a video in 3D or Deep Color format.
Cable length also matters. For most situations, it is best to choose a cord about 5 m. With this length, he does not need a repiter to transmit videos and audio without loss, and thanks to this it costs relatively cheap. But if you need a longer cable, then pay attention to its technical characteristics. It must have a built.in repiter to enhance the signal. If you doubt that the device is equipped with them, it is better to refuse to buy. the picture will be transmitted with artifacts, and the sound may be interrupted.
If you have a laptop with MicroHDMI port, then you will need either a ready-made cable (HDMI-MicroHDMI) or an adapter.
The connection instructions are as follows:
How to Fix Desktop Overscaling when using TV as Monitor Through HDMI Using (AMD) subtitles
Before connecting the cable, turn off both the computer and TV. If you have HDMI ports on both devices, just connect them with the corresponding cable. If you use an adapter, then in the Output adapter nest, insert the HDMI cord from the TV, and in the Input nest. the corresponding cable from the computer.
Such a cable is usually sold with the TV with the corresponding port
No sound in HDMI
If there is no sound when connecting via HDMI, then the problem is most likely lies in the PC settings. Do not pull out the cable. Let’s go to the sound settings and correct this problem. The method works for all current versions of Windows:
- Click the right mouse button to the column icon in the lower right corner.
- From the context menu, select “Play Warpiches” or “Open the Sound Parameters”.
- You will have a window with a list of available devices. Among them you need to find a TV. it will be called the brand of its manufacturer (for example, Philips).
- Click on it with the right button and select “Use this device by default”.
LCD and plasma TVs, as a rule, provide several inputs of HDMI and at least one computer input- VGA or DVI. Functional models have all three types of entrance.
HDMI is a modern integer, it can provide the best image quality. The capabilities of the HDMI connection are not limited to the transmission of the image, this integer also includes sound transmission. Both videos and sound reproduced on a video content computer can be displayed on a connected digital TV.
HDMI output. today the standard for laptops. Rare modern laptop models may not have it. But with video cards of stationary computers, not everything is so simple. The presence of a port of HDMI will increase the final cost of the video card. And rarely when integrated graphic processors have an exit of HDMI. For the sake of this integration for a computer, you need to specially purchase an external video card.
The HDMI TOPICIPATION OF THE TV to a computer is, of course, the best option, but you can do with the connection using standard computer ports VGA and DVI. over, the HDMI connection is needed, respectively, the HDMI cable. This is not included in the set of delivery of not every digital TV, and this, albeit small, nevertheless, additional expenses. HDMI cable can be searched in a box from TV samsung, but it is unlikely that such a cable can be found in appendage to budget options. It will have to be purchased separately.
If one of the devices has only a VGA port, and on the other only DVI, the connection problem is solved by a budgetary way. Either adapter or VGA-DVI cable is bought. DVI-HDMI adapters are more expensive, and there is no sense in their purchase. Such an adapter will ensure the quality of the image at the level of the DVI integer, and will not convey the sound.
In our case, you need to connect the TV to the computer through the HDMI integen. When choosing another connection integration- VGA or DVI- the difference will only be in the connection, respectively, VGA- or DVI cable. Connection settings in the TV menu and in the Windows system will be the same.
The process of connecting an HDMI cable is simple: we find an HDMI input on TV and connect one end of the cable to it, and connect the other end of the cable to the HDMI output of the computer or laptop.
HDMI input on TV
HDMI port on TV, as a rule, is placed either from behind or on the side panel. In our case, the TV is equipped with the entrance of HDMI from behind, next to the VGA computer port.
Choose any of the available HDMI ports.
How to connect a laptop to a TV
TV is quite often used as an external laptop display. This is a convenient system, since you can watch films and videos on the big screen, as well as use the TV during presentations and other actions for work. Before displaying the laptop screen to the TV, it is worth knowing that there are several versions of the integration, and the technology is constantly developing. There are several options on how to connect a laptop to the TV: through the wire, or “by air”. using a wireless connection.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via HDMI. Connection of a laptop via an HDMI cable is the easiest and most convenient way. The HDMI abbreviation decodes as High Definition Multimedia Interface. That is, multimedia high.clay integration intenses. Almost every LG TV has a connector for an HDMI Crossroads. The main catch of the laptop screen to the TV through the HDMI device is the presence of the wire itself, which, unfortunately, does not go in the basic configuration either to the laptop or to the TV, you can use the adapter, but fortunately, the HDMI wire is quite common, the device is universal and the device is universal and Suitable for absolutely any technique.
The main advantage of connecting through the HDMI adapter is not only the simplicity of the process, but also the fact that this device allows you to transmit the image and sound to the TV screen in its maximum resolution. Therefore, to project the video on the screen is not only simple, but also pleasant. You will enjoy viewing, and the picture with sound will reproduce in full. The HDMI driver for Windows 7 will have to load manually, since the system does not carry such a function. There is no single algorithm how to check whether the HDMI drive is installed. However, you can say for sure: if the transmission of sound and video is correct, then the drivers work.
So what are the advantages of connecting a laptop to a TV through an HDMI port?
HDMI digital connector has each laptop and every TV has.
The cable is available to absolutely everyone for purchase.
You will not have a question how to connect the sound, because the wire transfers it from the laptop to the TV.
You can view files in Full HD resolution.
The lack of connecting such a device as a laptop through an HDMI cable only one. Very often the wire spoils the aesthetic appearance, but there is no getting away from this.
So, find the connector for the HDMI transition on the rear panel of the TV. If suddenly it happened that there is no such connector (this happens only if you are trying to use a very old TV in the connection), you will have to purchase an additional device. adapter for TV. On the other hand, the cable is inserted into a special laptop connector. Next, you need to correctly configure the laptop connection.
Go to the laptop screen resolution setup. In Windows 7, this is done by pressing the right button on the “desktop” icon. On the monitor of the laptop from the context menu, choose the “screen resolution” parameter.
Open the display window and select your TV from the drop.down list.
Install permission for him if you are not satisfied with the option presented by default. TV will transmit an image of 1920 by 1080 pixels.
In the column “Several displays” you can choose the option of displaying information on the TV display. You can make sure that the working area of the laptop display expands due to the TV or display the image and sound only to the TV. Here is already your choice.
Next, you need to configure the TV according to a specific algorithm. You need to open a software menu and set a check box in front of the necessary signal source by selecting the “information transmission through the HDMI port”, to which your cable was connected. On this, preparatory actions are completed and you can enjoy watching through the TV screen.
Connection of a laptop to a TV via VGA cable. VGA adapter is one of the most common standards of analogue image transmission. One of the contacts of the VGA connector is responsible for the transmission of technical information to the device, so connecting the laptop to the TV must be recognized by default. That is, the Windows system will determine the device model, supported resolutions, and the update frequency.
A significant disadvantage will be that transmission through the VGA cable will only be carried out by a video signal to the TV without sound. The sound will go through the speakers of the laptop or the columns connected to it. As for the quality of the picture, the video, through the VGA port, the screen will transmit an image of 1600 by 1200 pixels.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via DVI cable. The technology does not stand still, the DVI-adapter develops gradually into an obsolete digital connector, which is replaced by more advanced HDMI. Through the DVI-cable, the TV screen will transmit the maximum image-Full HD, this is 1920 by 1080 pixels with a standard ratio of the parties 16: 9. The exception is the combined DVI-I standard, which has higher throughput and, as a result, the maximum resolution is 2560 by 1600 pixels.
Difficulties in connecting to a TV may occur due to the fact that this integration is rarely found on laptops, an adapter adapter may be required.
And then everything is the same-we set up the TV: you need to open a special menu, where you need to select a DVI port signal source. This is the completion of the TV setting. Turn on the laptop monitor, select the “screen resolution” context menu button, simply clicking on the right button to the “desktop”. Open a special display window in which you need to choose an acceptable way to use an additional monitor in the form of a TV. Several options will appear in front of you.
For example, turn on and use two screens at once as a single device.
The function of the second monitor will be performed, which means that it will be possible to work at the same time and watch the movie.
You will be offered to clone or duplicate the picture, which means that on the TV screen you will get exactly the same image as on the monitor screen.
Also, perhaps your laptop monitor will offer additional options.
How to connect a laptop to a TV via wi-fi. You can connect a laptop to a TV without resorting to the use of wires and cables. You can do this through a wireless way, but this will require the presence of Wi-Fi on two devices. The wireless method has a significant plus: if a computer or laptop device is located in another room or in an apartment, this will not be an obstacle to convey the image, sound, picture, video. The most important thing is that the computer is not launched in sleep mode, and is not disconnected, then the transmission of information and the picture with sound are carried out in any case.
How to connect LG TV to a computer
Modern TVs LG Smart TV. Models with Internet integration and digital interactive services are essentially computers designed to view video content. But sometimes the owners need to connect a computer or laptop to the TV.
Thanks to this, in fact, you can use the TV as an additional external monitor, which is very convenient if you want to watch a movie from a laptop, show your friends photos from a vacation stored on a computer’s hard disk or start a computer game on a big screen.
You can connect the LG TV to a computer or laptop of any manufacturer. This can be done in several ways, both with wires and using wireless networks.
LG TV connection to a computer: step.by.step instructions
SmartShare-an application specially designed by LG in order to make the process of transmitting music, videos and photos from a laptop and USB carriers connected to it on the LG Smart TV TV as simple and convenient as possible. The data transfer speed in this way is higher than using Bluetooth, so from all wireless SmartShare is a preferred way to connect your TV to a computer.
- Download and install on your computer SmartShare.
- Connect your computer and TV to one local network. If you do this through an Ethernet cable, this will increase the speed of information transmission and minimizes the risk of interference or sounding sound and image while watching a video on your LG TV TV.
- On a computer / laptop, activate the flow of content. To do this, on the control panel, find the section “Stream transmission parameters” (Media Streaming Options).
- Find the name of your LG TV in the list of proposed devices and put a checkmark near it.
- Confirm the actions by pressing the OK button at the bottom of the screen.
- On the remote control of your TV, press the Smart button.
- Select SmartShare Section on your TV screen in your TV screen.
- Find the item “Devices”. In it you will see the name of your computer.
- By clicking on it, you will get access to files. Choose from them the one you want to play on your LG TV.
You can also connect the TV to the computer using Miracast. Like SmartShare, this standard would be designed for wireless transmission of a multimedia signal and is based on Wi-Fi Direct technology. With this method, not files themselves are transmitted from the computer to the TV, but the video packages in ITU-T H format.264, which means that you can not only play the contents of the files in a wireless way, but also duplicate the display of the computer screen on the TV screen.
As in the case of SmartShare, if you combine your TV and laptop into a local network using a cable, then the data transfer speed will be higher and the connection. more stable.
- Click on the control panel of your LG TV button Smart.
- In the list of applications that opened on the TV screen, find the “Connecting Manager” application. It makes it possible to connect a computer or laptop with the Windows operating system to your TV.
- Find the item “Applications”, and in it the section “Connective manager”.
- Confirm the action by pressing OK on the remote control.
- In the “connection manager” page opened, you will see various devices that can be connected to the TV: home theater, smartphone, blu-ray player, soundbar, etc.D. Select PC (PC) from this list.
- Having clicking on it, find the Screen Share window at the bottom of the screen (“Share the screen”).
- On the left side of the screen, find the line miracast.
- Click “Start” to confirm actions.
- On the right side of the TV screen you will see the line “PC windows 10”. Select it to broadcast information from a computer on your LG TV.
- Open the “Center of Action” on the computer (this can be done twice by clicking on the “Notification” icon in the lower right corner).
- Select “Project”. Then click “Connection to a wireless display”.
- You will see the name of your TV. Choose it.
- Click “Connect”.
Important: if during viewing the video the sound is played from the computer, you will need to designate the TV as source of sound reproduction. To do this, open the “Start” menu, select the “Sound” section (icon “Dynamik”). On the “Reproduction” tab, select your LG TV. Click “by default” and confirm the action of the key / apply.
Check if there is an HDMI connector on your computer or laptop on your computer or laptop. In the absence of it, you will need to additionally buy a USB-C, DVI or DisplayPort adapter, depending on which port is on your computer.
Which TV can be connected to a computer without wires
First you should understand that not every TV can connect a user without wires. You can connect the device with the computer using the Internet, and the TV itself should be equipped with Smart TV technology. They are designed to connect to the network simply and easy. Such TVs are attached to a special instruction in which all the main steps are prescribed to use the device with maximum comfort.
If the user does not have a TV with smart technology, but at the same time the need for connection is not disappeared, then the user needs to purchase a special prefix, or use an adapter that works in the same industry as the prefix. There are a lot of options for getting out of this situation, the user can choose the right.
There are a number of reasons why the user most often wants to connect the device to the TV: 1. There is simply a need to work on a large screen; 2. The user does not have a working monitor, and there is no means for the purchase of new means; 3. The computer is in an uncomfortable place for the user, which is why it is easier to connect the TV; four. The need to understand the capabilities of the Smart TV TV.
No, it does not matter at all, since it all depends only on the TV. The computer can be absolutely anything. It can be both a simple computer and a laptop.
Everything is quite simple, the user can also control the laptop as usual, because all the settings are preserved. In this case, an additional extension appears in the form of a screen. Otherwise, everything is the same.
How to connect TV to PC
In order to connect the PC to the TV, the user does not need so much. First you should understand if there is a Smart TV technology on the device. If it is, then you also need to connect to PC:
The user can connect any method, both wireless and wired, in this case, it is worth considering a wireless connection. To do this, follow the instructions that are on TV.
Also, for the connection, it is worth providing such things:
- Which connectors are necessary in general for connecting;
- Which wire to use in each connection;
- Check which connectors can be connected to the TV;
- Go to the settings menu using the remote control, check if there are external devices;
- Check the result of operations.
The connectors are necessary in the wired version with the cable. It is much simpler, but it is not as convenient as wireless, which is worth talking about in more detail. What methods of connection exist?
If the user has a regular TV, then it can be connected using Wi-Fi. To do this, you need to have a free wire HDMI, as well as additional equipment. The connection is that this equipment replaces the Smart TV user, which the user creates an intermediary for connecting. Such equipment can be:
- Intel Computer Stick. Completer device, only mini-format. The user can connect it using a standard integration;
- Mini PC. A device that takes up a little place is like HSMI. a flash drive to which you can run the operating room.
Devices are connected, and the user creates a connection between PC and TV. You can connect to television.
Wi-Fi-Direct and Miracast
This is an interesting way to connect a computer and TV, which can be called differently:
over, all this is said about the same method that consists in the fact that the user can synchronize devices by expanding folders or additional settings.
If the user is going to connect the picture using the Internet and Miracast, then he will need a separate computer with certain parameters for this:
Also, the user can use a discrete card or a specially purchased adapter from the company above.
Before connecting a computer and start setting up, the user must download the driver for a wireless connection. Make it just enough by visiting the site. On the official portal of the company from the adapter, you can download drivers. The main thing is that the drivers are supported by the TV itself. Old TVs do not have such support, so you need to buy an additional adapter. It is worth checking this moment in advance.
If everything came together, then the user must fulfill the following:
A multi.stage process, however, it is suitable for many users who have a similar method of connecting in the system.
Wireless HDMI adapter
Using a wireless HDMI adaptor is similar to the above actions. The user simply use the connection by the same principle as the Marakast, however, the device is simply different. It can be Mirascreen, which works according to a similar scheme. There are practically no differences in the connection.
Another interesting way is to use Chromecast. It is suitable for those users who do not have a special adapter, but there is an opportunity to use additional adapters and so on. The HDMI cable is needed to connect, it is needed for synchronization.
Chromecast is such a special type of player that joins devices for further use of information. The process is simple: the user needs to insert the device into the TV, thereby connect it, then activate Wi-Fi Direct in the system settings. We prescribe additional factors to see the device. In the future we connect in a simple way.
This method is convenient in the fact that the adapter does not need to be used. If the device already has a wireless connection, then you do not need to use additional connections.
The media center is called DLNA differently. Perfect for those who do not want to lay wires. First you should understand whether the TV supports this method of connecting. If so, there are practically no problems:
- First you need to connect the computer and TV to the same Wi-Fi network;
- After that, it is worth opening access to the media files using the control panel;
- Download programs via the Internet, which will be the server adjustor;
- We launch software, indicate the path;
- In the program integer, we find the device models and click on the button that will be responsible for the launch;
- We check the result, after that the picture should be displayed on the device.
How to watch movies on TV through a computer? Simple ways
Many personal computers want to watch movies on the big screen. Resolution of a computer monitor to watch a film in high quality is not enough. Therefore, this problem can be solved by connecting television equipment to a computer.
The output of the image from a computer or laptop to the TV will definitely expand the functionality of the technique. After setting up such a connection, you can:
- Play video games on the big TV screen.
- Watch movies, TV shows, videos.
- Communicate with friends and acquaintances on Skype.
- Hold presentations and much more.
This is especially true if you purchased a device without a built-in Wi-Fi module and Smart TV support.
Consider how to watch a movie on a TV through a computer or laptop. Conditionally, all existing methods can be divided into two large groups: using a cable and wireless through Wi-Fi. Choosing a particular method, start from the technique used.
The easiest way to watch a movie on a TV via a computer is to connect using an HDMI cable. Firstly, absolutely all modern technology and all new PC and Smart TV models are equipped with this interaction.Secondly, he performs the simultaneous transmission of an audio signal and video signal.
HDMI cable is not included in the basic configuration of a computer, laptop or TV. Therefore, this cable will have to buy separately. When the wire was bought, you need to find the corresponding integral integration and PC. To connect the TV through the computer and watch movies on the HDMI cable, you must follow the step-by-step instructions:
- Insert one end of the wire into the TV connector. It is located on the rear panel of the device or on the side.
- Connect the second plug to the laptop or computer system unit.
- Open the TV menu.
- Select as source of the HDMI signal.
- Set the image output parameters to a large screen.
Mostly in the default settings, the picture is set only on the second display, which is the TV screen. Due to the difference in resolution between the TV and PC, the image may not be displayed incorrectly. Therefore, you need to open the settings of the Windows operating system and make changes to some parameters:
- Open the “screen” menu on a computer or laptop.
- Select “Several Monitors”. Be sure to activate the duplication function of displays.
- After that, the problem should disappear. A computer desktop will appear on the TV screen.
But not all computers are equipped with an HDMI partition, in the old devices models there is no such intense. As an alternative, you can use one of the following options:
- DVI cable.This compound, like HDMI, can convey a high.quality video signal. Before purchasing such a cable, it is necessary to take into account that the reproduction of the audio signal will not go through this cable if on your video card this connector does not support the sound signal. This problem can be solved using an additional sound wire.
- VGA cable.Most modern devices have an appropriate integration. This wire is much older than the previous one, but also remains relevant.
If the device does not have the above intenses, and you still want to watch the movie on the TV through a computer or laptop, in this case you can use the appropriate adapters. The most common of them are as follows:
- Usb-HDMI or USB-VGA adapter.Such connectors will solve the connection problem if one of the connected devices does not have a high.speed connection.
- S-Video. There is in all new PC and Smart TV models. It is used to convey a video file whose quality does not exceed the HD format. It must be taken into account that the reproduction of the audio signal will not work through such a wire.
- Scart. This connector is very popular for transmitting audio signals and video signals. In computers or laptops, this output is absent and you have to use an adapter for connection.
- RCA.This connection has 3 connectors that equip all new TVs and video cards. It is worth noting that with such a connection there will be not the highest quality image transmission, when compared with the rest of the listed connectors.
In order to watch a movie through a computer on a TV, you will need to perform the following actions:
- Turn off the computer and TV.
- Disconnect the antenna wire and other devices from the TV.
- Connect the cable to connect to the computer.
- Turn on the computer and TV.
If everything is done correctly, then you need to select the appropriate channel on which the broadcast will occur. After that, it remains only to configure the video.
In order to set the broadcast of the channel or film on Windows XP, you will need to perform several actions:
- Click the right mouse button to any free space table.
- In the menu that appears, click on the line “Properties”.
- Next, select the “Parameters” section.
- Find the item “Second Monitor” and click with the right mouse button “Expand the desktop”.
After you connect the TV to the computer with the Windows XP operating system, the picture will be displayed on the TV, but without folders and programs. In order to start watching the recording, you will need to start the player on the computer and transfer it to the TV screen. In the settings, you can choose the right or left location of the TV screen relative to the computer to transmit and display the image.If desired, you can use the monitor screen as the main.To do this, you will need to click on the right mouse button on the section “Use the device as the main”.
In order to set the broadcast of the channel or film on Windows 10, you will need to perform the following actions:
- Select the desired file, click on the right mouse button.
- In the window that appears, select “Pass on the device”.
- Select the name of the TV.
The sound often does not enter the television receiver due to improper PC settings, so you need to correctly configure it.
This requires the following:
- In the “Notifications” (time is displayed there, date, sound level regulator, charge indicator, etc.D.) Press with the right button mouse on the dynamics icon. Then a small list of settings will pop up in which you need to select the “playback device” tab.
- Next, a small window will appear, in which all possible sound reproduction devices will be displayed (headphones built into the laptop of the dynamics or PC speakers, as well as other devices that were connected to PC). In this list, the connected TV icon should appear. If it is not, then the television receiver is incorrectly connected to the PC (the cable is not connected, there is no driver, etc.D.).
- We click on the TV icon and in the list that opens, select the “use by default” tab.
- Next, click “Apply”, and then “OK”. Then a sound appears on the television receiver.
If the TV icon is displayed, but it is not active (gray) or after choosing a TV as a device for the output of sound there is no sound on it, then you need to restart the PC. After the restart, everything should earn.
In some cases, it is necessary to update the audio driver as follows:
- It is necessary to open a “control panel” (in Windows 7, for this you need to click “Start”.“Control Panel”) and using the View tab (located in the upper right corner), set the display of “small icons”.
- Next, a large list of system tinctures will appear, where you need to select the “Device Manager”.
- Next, the “Device Manager” menu will appear, in which we need an “audio and audio output” item. Here you need to choose the dynamics icon.
- Click on it and select in the list that opens, select “Update the drivers”.
- Next, you can start an automatic search for outdated drivers, after which the system, if necessary, load and install a new driver. Or manual mode to install an audio driver downloaded in advance. After installing a new driver, PC is necessary to restart.
Now you can broadcast the sound using HDMI shnur, as described above. If this instruction does not help, then check the PC for viruses and serviceability of HDMI ports on all devices.
How to configure the image
To configure the image mode on several devices (or on one, if the TV plays only the role of the monitor), press the right key on the desktop and find the “Resolution” menu. A window with settings will appear.
If the PC monitor and the TV screen are working, but it is not determined which of the devices corresponds to a certain number (1 or 2), click on the “determine” key, so this can be found out. It is also required to determine the resolution of the TV. Most often on new models, this is FullHD. 1920×1080 pixels. Accurate data are in the guide to a specific device.
- By pressing the mouse button, find the icon that corresponds to TV, and put in the “resolution” column specified in the instructions for the equipment.
- If several monitors or TV are connected, in the column “Several displays” indicate the required operating mode.
You can use such operating modes, but certain of them require more subtle setting:
- expand these screens. in this case, the PC desktop will occupy two monitors at the same time. During the exit for the field, one cursor goes to the second. For a convenient organization of work, you can drag the icons of the displays in the settings parameters. For example, in the photo below the screen is a TV. While bringing the mouse to the right field, the transition to the monitor occurs If you need to change their location (since they are on the table in this order), then you can drag the screen to the right, so the monitor will be on the left;
- duplicate these screens. the same picture will be shown on two screens. If their resolution differs, perhaps, distortion of the image on one of them;
- display the desktop only 1 (2). one of the screens turns off, the picture is shown only on the selected.
The best option, according to many users, choose the function “expand”. At first, if you never had to use several screens, it does not seem very familiar, but then, most likely, you can evaluate the advantages of this connection option.
Common problems and ways to solve them
|There is no audio driver.||Without installing High Definition Audio, the audio signal will not play. To find out if such a driver is located, you need to go to the “Device Manager”. Find the menu “Sound devices”. The new list needs to find equipment that supports High Definition Audio. If the device is absent, then setting up audio when connecting using an HDMI cord will definitely not work. For this, the driver needs to be installed on a computer. Downloading can be made from the manufacturer’s website. Indicate the sound card model in the search bar, then select the one that is suitable for installation from the proposed distributions. In certain cases, the OS itself can determine the drivers, which are not enough, then download and install them.|
|The connected TV does not play sound.||It is required to define it as a default device reproducing audio. Click the right mouse key to the sound icon, find “playback devices”. TV and PC at this time should be connected to each other. The menu will appear where the equipment for playback will be located, and the shortcut of the TV is shown. For example, in the case of LG models, “LG TV” is shown. Click on the equipment of the right mouse key. Indicate “use by default”. Further “OK”. Audio will appear on TV.|
|Blurred image.||Go to the PC system settings and select the menu that is responsible for the monitor. Here you can set a resolution corresponding to the TV, and, if required, change the image of the video.|
To connect the computer to the TV, nothing supernatural is required. It is only necessary to perform preparations, having determined the ports on the equipment, select the required wires and adapters to connect two devices, then configure PC and a TV for several clicks for work, as required.