How To Connect A Set Top Box To A Rolsen Tv
The modern world is impossible to imagine without digital TV. Such signal transmission has long been used for broadcasting television and radio channels in many countries of Europe, America and Asia. the process of switching from analogue TV to digital has dragged on.
The digital signal coming through the receiver’s antenna allows you to watch more TV channels across the country without loss of quality and interference. The signal itself can then come both to the antenna, which is attached to the television set-top box, and directly to the TV. It all depends on how modern the model of this device you have.
With devices that support DVB-T2, everything is simple. In order to connect to a digital TV, just insert the cable into the appropriate connector and perform a simple channel setup. If your TV is outdated and does not support reception of this type of signal, then in order to watch digital channels you should purchase a special set-top box. It is inexpensive, but some people may have problems connecting it and setting it up, so today we’ll talk about how to do it.
What is needed for this
To connect a digital TV you will need:
At the same time, your TV should have an input into which you can insert an antenna, a tulip-type connector, as well as an input with a output (scart). If together you have a scart connector hdmi input, then do not worry. It is also suitable for connecting the receiver. Just your model is newer.
Before buying a receiver, you should understand which one is better and find out which parameters you should pay attention to in order to choose the most optimal model. If you don’t understand much about technology and don’t want to spend your free time studying all these nuances, you can contact a company that provides broadcasting services in your city and get advice from their specialists. In addition, you can take advantage of promotional offers from a service provider. Often, if you connect to their services, you can get the receiver as a gift.
The receiver, in fact, is an adapter that allows you to receive and transmit a signal to your device. He can receive it through the following sources:
- Satellite dish;
- Through the Internet;
- Using other sources.
Connecting a digital set-top box
The receiver can be connected either to the TV directly or via a DVD or monitor, however, for the last two options, you most likely will need to purchase a special adapter.
In order to connect the receiver directly, you should follow these steps:
- Take the TV box out of the box and remove the protective film from it. Film must be removed. Otherwise, the receiver may overheat and break.
- Take the TV cable and cut off the protective sheath, thus exposing 1-15 millimeters of cable on both sides. The shell should be cleaned very carefully so as not to damage the shielding film, which is designed to protect the center conductor.
- Gently peel back the shiny protective film and screw the f-connectors to the wires.
- Connect the TV to the set-top box with a cable.
- Insert the wires into the tulip connectors on the TV and set-top box.
- Connect the antenna to the TV. The antenna itself should be installed on the external wall of the house or on your balcony if it is not glazed. At the same time, make sure that it is not touched by tree branches or power wires.
This completes the process of connecting a TV set-top box. Next, to view the available channels in your area, you must configure it.
Connecting the receiver to Soviet TVs
In our country, still many people use televisions that were produced back in the Soviet years or in the early 90s. Connecting a receiver to such devices is not so easy. they do not have “tulip” connectors. In addition, some models have scart outputs, but they only accept component signals.
There are two ways to solve these problems:
There are even more ancient models of televisions of the type “Electron” in which no inputs are provided at all, except for the antenna connector. Through this connector, a modulated high-frequency signal is supplied to the TV, so in order to watch digital TV on this type of device, you will need to additionally purchase a modulator that will be equipped with RCA connectors.
In order to configure digital channels on the TV, after connecting to the set-top box, you will need to perform the following steps:
- On the remote control, press the “Menu” button.
- In the window that opens, go to the settings menu.
- As a country you need to choose Russia, if it is not by default.
- Now you need to select a signal standard. By default, DTV-T / DTV-T2 is set, that is, analog and digital TV, respectively. If you leave it like that, the TV will search for both these and these channels.
- You will be prompted to perform automatic or manual tuning. Select Automatic and press the OK button on the remote control.
- Now you need to wait a while until all available free and paid TV channels are discovered. At the end of the search, click “Save.”
This is one of the easiest ways to set up digital TV at home. If the TV found few channels or did not find them at all, then you should use manual tuning.
To do this, you need to delete all the channels that were found for this. After the channels are deleted, you should repeat the same steps as for automatic search, but instead of automatic tuning, select manual search. You will see a window in which you should set the frequency at which digital channels are broadcast in your city. You can find out this frequency online or by contacting your service provider. It may also be necessary to change the search range in order for the search to begin.
After the TV channels of the first multiplex are found, you will need to find out the frequency for the second multiplex in your city and start the manual search again. Thanks to this, you can watch more channels.
Signal Quality Check
To make sure that you did everything correctly and everything works well, you should check the signal reception quality. Make it easy. There should be a button on the receiver with the name INFO. By clicking on it three times, a window appears with information about the signal quality, channel number, frequency and encoding. If the two existing indicators are above 60%, then everything is fine and the signal level is quite acceptable.
Perhaps, in your model of TV set-top box, this button will be called in some other way. To find out how this button is called with you, look at the instructions and read the purpose of the buttons.
If your TV catches several multiplexes, do not forget to check the signal quality on each of them. This is due to the fact that each of them is transmitted and received using different transmitters, so it is very possible that in one multiplex the signal will be good, and in the second. not.