How to Connect a Lenovo Laptop to a TV
Why the TV does not see your Lenovo laptop via HDMI?
Typical causes of connection failure:
- the cord that is not working;
- bad connection to the LCD TV ports;
- Incorrect settings;
- Lack of driver, outdated version;
- malfunction of the socket;
- video card failure.
Depending on why there are problems with the connection, carry out different work. In some cases, a simple cable replacement will help, but if the video card is broken, the repair will cost a large sum of money.
Connecting a Lenovo Laptop to an LG TV via HDMI
As an example, consider connecting Lenovo ThinkPad E540 with LG LN570V via HDMI.
If you have other manufacturers, say: Acer, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba. it does not matter, because the general principle of connection is the same.
- Switching off the laptop and TV.
- Connect them to each other with an HDMI wire.
- Connecting Lenovo and LG.
- Press the Smart button on the TV remote control and open LG Smart TV settings. At the bottom left of the screen, go to the “Input” section, and there we select the active connector, in our case HDMI, and confirm the selection.
- On the laptop desktop, right-click your mouse and call the context menu. “Screen resolution” section. Choosing a second monitor. our TV. Set the resolution to 1920 by 1080 pixels (typical for this model of TV). Set the display mode: duplicate or expand screens.
Connect to your TV wirelessly
The advantages of connecting to the TV are obvious: the large screen diagonal, usually very good viewing angles, and you can not only watch content alone, but also in company with friends or family, the comfort of viewing video content and photos.
Connecting a laptop to a TV through HDMI cable
If you are interested, then I will show you by the example of a laptop Asus K56CM, and a slightly outdated TV LG 32LN575U, which, by the way, we have connected to Wi-Fi in this article.
So, we connect one end of the cable to the HDMI connector on the TV. They are signed. There can be several pieces. Doesn’t matter which one you plug in.
Plug the other end of the cable into the HDMI connector on the laptop.
Or, to the video card on the system unit. If you have a desktop computer.
Most likely, the image will not appear on the TV immediately. You need to select the signal source in the settings. On LG TVs, you have to press the INPUT button on the remote control.
And use the joystick on the remote control to select the desired HDMI to which we connected the cable. For me this is HDMI2. It will be active. If your TV is not LG, then there should also be a button which can be used to switch the signal sources. If it does not work, write in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, we will figure it out.
That’s it, you should see the image from your laptop on your TV.
In the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, Dmitry told us that you have to change the name of the device for the selected HDMI input on your TV. Because it changes some of the parameters that can affect the quality of the image. So I recommend to do this.
In the menu to select the HDMI input (as in the photo above) press the red button on the remote. In the menu on the TV is the item “Change the device name”. In the menu that appears, select the HDMI input, in which we connected the laptop and below select “Laptop”.
We’re done with the connection. Already you can use and enjoy the picture on the big screen. And I’ll show you how you can adjust the output on the laptop, consider a possible problem with the output picture and sound. When connected the sound will not come from the TV, but from the speakers of the laptop.
Wireless connection to the TV. Wi-Fi
Wireless technology is convenient and is a trend in today’s electronics market. So first of all let’s look at the options for connecting the laptop to the TV using Wi-Fi technology: with DLNA (you can also use a router), Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Di, Miracast and Chromecast. At the same time, the TV must have a Smart TV supporting these technologies (otherwise you will need to buy a set-top box), and the laptop must have the Windows 7, 8, or 10 operating system.
Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Di, Miracast. allow you to duplicate the laptop monitor on the TV, as well as enabling the viewing of multimedia content.
To connect via Wi-Fi Direct, follow these steps:
- Turn on Wi-Fi adapters on both devices.
- On the TV select “Home” (can be called “Menu”, “Settings”).
- Then go to “Network” (“Network”), in different TV models it can be “Device Connector”, “SmartShare”, “Source” tab, and activate Wi-Fi Direct.
Among the disadvantages of connecting via Direct. Small signal delay, small distance for data transmission between devices.
Intel Wireless Display. developed by Intel wirelessly transfer content from laptops, ultrabooks, tablets to Smart TVs and allows you to play 1080p HD video and 5.1 surround sound on compatible monitors.
In order to connect the TV and notebook via Wi-Di, both devices must support this technology. For such connection you need to perform several steps:
- Enter “Menu” (“Home”) in the TV.
- Go to “Network” tab.
- In the window that opens select the pairing mode: “ScreenShare”. monitor duplication or “Content Share”. content broadcasting.
- After that the following connection options will be offered. Activate Wi-Di (can be named “Intel Wi-Di”).
Connecting with Miracast
One of the most popular ways. To connect via Miracast, the TV must support this technology, or you can use a separate adapter. The second requirement is that TV and laptop must be inside the same wireless LAN. You also need to install Miracast software on your computer, such as EZCast. After that you need to do the following:
- Turn on Miracast on your TV.
- Start the Miracast application on your laptop.
- Click on “Search Device” button in the menu.
Pairing with Chromecast
You don’t pay nearly enough attention to Chromecast as a wireless technology. And it’s a great way to use your TV without a Smart TV. But with Chromecast, you can only stream photos, videos, music, and a browser.
This connection option requires a router connected to the laptop and a Chromecast attachment connected to the TV. You don’t have to make any complicated settings, you just need to do the following:
- Launch Chrome browser on your computer.
- In the upper right corner of the screen open the menu.
- Select “Broadcast.
- Select the name of the TV and what you want to broadcast in the pop-up window.
Connecting with DLNA
DLNA only plays multimedia content from the hard disk or SSD, without the possibility of duplicating or extending the monitor. Your notebook and TV must be in the same network. Connecting via DLNA requires the following steps:
- Download and install the multimedia server on the laptop, perform its settings (instructions for setting can be found on the Internet).
- Create a folder on your computer where the files will be stored (it is better to use Latin letters for the name).
- Pointing the cursor on a new folder, to open the contextual menu, go to Properties-Access-extended settings and to put a tick for the permission of the general access to a folder. To save the settings.
Next, you need to find the “multimedia server” on your TV (It is possible that the name will be different on some TV sets). This tab can be found under “Inputs”, “Networks”, “Settings” or “Photos and Videos”, also depending on the TV model. Now you can go to a folder created on your laptop and view or listen to its contents: photos, videos, music through your TV.
How to Connect a Lenovo to a TV | Small Business
As computer technology becomes increasingly integrated with other technologies, it becomes easier to connect different electronics to create a wider range of work and entertainment opportunities. Lenovo laptop models, like most other laptops, can connect to TVs. The benefits of this layout include a large screen to work on, or even two screens with the right configuration. It also allows users to watch videos, play games or simply surf the Internet on a large TV screen.
Connect one end of the connection cable to the output port on your Lenovo laptop, and the other end of the cable. To the input port on your TV. You can use three different cables to connect your Lenovo laptop to your TV:
Use an HDMI cable and plug the ends into the HDMI ports on your laptop computer and your TV.
You can also connect to an HDTV with a VGA cable by plugging that cable into the appropriate ports on your TV and laptop.
If you’re connecting to a standard TV, connect the end of the VGA cable to the VGA port on your computer and connect the end of the S-video cable to the S-video port on your TV.
Press the “Input” button on your TV remote control to switch to an HDMI input, a VGA input, or, for a standard TV, an S-video input. When you switch to the S-video input on a standard TV, your laptop’s desktop will automatically appear on your TV screen. For HDTVs you will need to set the correct screen resolution.
Right-click an empty spot on your laptop’s desktop to open the menu. Select “Screen resolution” in the menu.
Click on the first screen, which will be the laptop, and set the screen resolution by clicking the drop-down menu next to “Resolution”.”Once you have set the correct screen resolution on the laptop, click on the second screen, the TV, and do the same. If you don’t know this information, refer to your laptop computer and TV owner’s manuals.
Click the drop-down menu next to “Multiple Displays” and select one of the following options:
“Duplicate these displays.”. portable computer, and the TV. desktop.
“Expand These Displays.”. laptop. Keep the icons and information on the desktop, while the TV will only have the desktop background.You will then be able to drag and drop programs and other objects onto the TV screen.
“Show desktop only on 1” will turn off the TV screen and everything will be displayed on the laptop.
“Show Desktop Only 2” will turn off the laptop display and everything will be displayed on the TV.
Once you have selected one of the options, click the “Apply” button at the bottom of the window, then click “OK.
How to connect your LG TV to your computer
LG Smart TV. models with integration of the Internet and digital interactive services. these are in fact computers, designed to watch video content. But sometimes owners have the need to connect a computer or laptop to the TV.
Thanks to this you can essentially use your TV as an additional external monitor, which is very convenient if you want to watch a movie with your laptop, show your friends photos from vacation that are stored on your computer hard drive or run a computer game on the big screen.
It is possible to connect an LG TV to a PC or a laptop of any manufacturer. It is possible to do it in several ways, both with the help of wires and using wireless networks.
Connecting LG TV to PC: step by step instructions
SmartShare is an application specially developed by LG to make the process of transferring music, videos and photos from your laptop and connected USB drives to your LG Smart TV as easy and convenient as possible. Transfer speeds are faster with this method than with Bluetooth, so of all the wireless ones SmartShare is the preferred way to connect your TV to your computer.
- Download and install SmartShare software on your computer.
- Connect your computer and TV to the same local network. If you do this with an Ethernet cable, it will increase the data transfer speed and minimize the risk of audio and video mismatching or interference when watching videos on your LG TV.
- Activate content streaming on your computer / laptop. To do this, locate the “Media Streaming Options” section on the control panel (To do this, go to the “Media Streaming Options” section on the control panel.).
- Find the name of your LG TV in the list of suggested devices and check the box next to it.
- Confirm your actions by clicking OK at the bottom of the screen.
- On your TV remote control, press the Smart button.
- On the menu that appears on your TV select SmartShare.
- Find “Devices.”. In it, you will see the name of your computer.
- By clicking on it, you will access the files. Choose the one you want to play on your LG TV.
You can also connect your TV to your computer using Miracast. Like SmartShare, this standard was designed for streaming media wirelessly and is based on Wi-Fi Direct. This method does not send files from your computer to your TV, but ITU-T H video packets.264 technology, which means you can not only play content wirelessly but also mirror your computer screen on your TV.
As with SmartShare, if you connect your TV and laptop to your local network with a cable, the data transfer speed will be faster and the connection. more stable.
- Press the Smart button on your LG TV remote control.
- In the list of applications that appears on the TV screen, find the application “Connection Manager”. It allows you to connect your Windows computer or laptop to your TV.
- Find the “Applications” section, and then the “Connection Manager” section.
- Confirm the action by pressing OK on the remote control.
- In the Connection Manager you will see various devices you can connect to your TV: Home theater, smart phone, Blu-ray player, soundbar, etc.д. Select PC from this list.
- Click it to find the Screen Share box at the bottom of the screen.
- On the left side of the screen, find the Miracast line.
- Press Start to confirm your action.
- On the right side of the TV screen, you’ll see the “PC Windows 10” line. Choose it to stream information from your computer to your LG TV.
- Open the “Action Center” on your computer (you can do this by double-clicking on the “Notifications” icon in the lower right corner).
- Select the “Project” option. Then click on “Connect to wireless display”.
- You will see the name of your TV. Select it.
- Click “Connect.”.
Important: If you are watching a video and the sound is playing from your computer, you will need to designate the TV as the sound source. To do this, open the “Start” menu, select “Sound” (the “Speaker” icon). On the “Playback” tab, select your LG TV. Click “Default” and confirm with the OK / Apply key.
Check to see if your computer or laptop has an appropriate HDMI connector. If you do not have one, you will need to buy a USB-C, DVI, or DisplayPort adapter, depending on which port your computer has.
Physical damage to the port
If no manipulations with the settings do not help, and the laptop does not connect to the TV, perhaps the laptop does not work HDMI output. The problem can be on the TV side, to determine the source can only be experienced.
By the way, you should connect the cable to the turned off equipment. In the specifications of the HDMI standard, it is stated that it supports “hot plugging”, but it is better to be reinsured and pre-turn off your laptop and TV.
Hello I have a problem. The image is there but there is no sound and in the audio devices is not displayed what to do and even if you select the disabled devices does not see the TV as a sound device.
Good afternoon. Check the settings carefully
Hello! Question is this: I connect my laptop to the TV through HDMI, everything sees, everything is connected, but only when the laptop is not connected to the network (charging), as soon as I connect the charging cable to the laptop, the image disappears from the TV. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
Hello, it will be difficult to help without seeing the device, bring it to the free diagnostics.
Hi, one laptop does not see the TV. I checked it with another laptop. Cable works, HDMI input in the TV works, the TV is fine. Thought the problem was with the Intel Grapfics video device driver. On the site of Intel conducted diagnostics and downloaded the appropriate driver, but failed to install. Got the message of installation error. Please advise how to fix the problem.
Hello, if I understand you correctly, the laptop does not react to the cable (the word completely).on some devices need a separate function to enable the output to the screen.Either it is the driver or the problem is in the connector itself
Hello. The TV set shows no signal on the laptop does not show a second monitor. Although TV sees the set-top box. On another LG Smart TV it works just fine.
Afternoon. You need to diagnose your device.
Afternoon. We’re already desperate!) Tested the TV and the cable on another laptop. Everything is fine. Mine does not see. Reinstalled the Windows, drivers. The system says it works. Selecting “Duplicate screen”. But nothing. No signal.
Good day. Diagnostics is needed in this case.
Hi. The problem is most likely with the settings.
If the laptop does not see the TV through HDMI, but the TV responds to the computer says no signal, and when I pull the cable out, the inscription No connection Approximate repair costs
Afternoon, the first thing you need to try another cable HDMI
Good afternoon I have a laptop lenovo G505 Samsung TV do not connect via HDMI.The TV is set up correctly.
Good evening. There may be a problem with the cable or settings in the laptop.
Hello. I have a netbook “TOSHIBA” I tried to connect through HDMI to the TV “Philips” netbook works, I checked with my father works, but at home does not work, the cord also works. Can you tell me if there’s a problem with the TV if we’ve never connected HDMI ?
Hello! It’s hard to say, but maybe the problem is in the TV itself!