How to Connect a DualShock to Android
Dualshock 4 connection to Android via bluetooth. How to connect a PlayStation 4 joystick to your phone. Learn more about this method
The question of how to connect a gamepad to Android interests many gamers. There are many games developed for Android that are as good as their PC counterparts. As the controls on smartphones use the touch keys. We recommend attaching a gamepad to the device to make it easier to use.
There are three ways to connect:
Each method has advantages and disadvantages. Let’s dwell on each of them.
How to connect a gamepad from PS 4
- Download dop. Sixaxis Compatibility Checker.
- Download Sixaxis Pair Tool app on your PC.
- Connect the device to the PC via a USB cable and run the program.
- It will show your Mac Address, which is a 12 digit number.
- Take your Android device and start the “Controller”.
- You will see a 12 digit number you can enter into the Pair Tool. Enter the information in the form provided. change master.
- Click the “Update” button.
- Remove the wire from your PC and click the key
- Look at the indicator light. If the connection was successful, the light will blink red. If you see a “Connection Error” message, it means that you can’t connect the gamepad.
TO PS 3
To connect the gamepad from the PS 3, use the recommendations:
- Connection is made in two ways: via USB cable or wireless connection. For the 2nd way, follow the instructions above.
- Before direct installation, it is recommended to download a program from Google Play. It should check whether the OS is compatible with the device.
- Next, install the software. Write the address of the smartphone (you can see it in the settings of the device). Click “Refresh”. So, the remote will be attached to the mobo. Gadget.
How to connect the joystick from the Xbox 360
To connect the gamepad from the Xbox 360, you must have a USB cable, as well as a micro USB adapter. If the game supports the controller control, then dop. No settings required.
Otherwise you need to open Play Store and configure the settings for the remote. Use Tincore Keymapper.
- Download and install Sixaxis Controller.
- Download Addon. Compatibility Checker.
- Download the Pair Tool to your computer.
- Connect the joystick to a PC with a USB cable and run the software.
- It shows the Mac address, which is a 12 digit number.
- Take the Android device and start the “Controller”.
- Agree to the granting of ROOT rights.
- You will see the 12-digit number you must enter on the Pair Tool. You have to enter the data into the form. change master.
- Click on the “Update” button.
- Pull out the wire and click the button
- Look at the indicator light. If the pairing was successful, the light will flash red. If the “Error” message appears, it means that you cannot connect.
- Click “Change Input Method”, select the console.
Connecting the VR box is no different than the above method. It is done wirelessly with a dongle, which can be connected to your phone. software and PC.
Learn more about this method
This feature is called Remote play, and it allows you to connect a gamepad to the PS Vita and smartphones manufactured by Sony. This company initially adds a feature to its smartphones that allows you to connect gamepads from the same-named consoles. In this case the firmware version must be at least 4.2.
But it is also worth noting that you can add this feature on any other tablet or smartphone by installing the appropriate application, which you can buy in Play Market.
How to make a connection
Below we will show you the step by step steps to connect Dualshock 4 to your Android device.
Note that after these steps your smartphone will act as an additional display that will be connected to the Playstation 4, you will be able to play on the gamepad from PlayStation 4 on your phone, or just to control the gameplay virtual keys from the display.
On a smartphone you can play all the games that you have on the console, as long as the console and smartphone are paired. For those people who do not always have the opportunity to play on the TV, because it can be busy, you will now be able to play directly on your mobile device.
Setting up for phone control
If you just want to use the Dualshock 4 to control your phone, then you will need to disconnect it from the console first. To do this:
At this point the whole process of setting is over. Now you will be able to play your games on the gamepad. Recall that games must support control from the controller, so not all games can be played this way.
For users of cell phones controlling games may not always seem convenient. If you have a console gamepad, you can solve this problem by connecting the control device to your phone.
Setting up for phone controls
If you just want to use the Dualshock 4 solely to control your phone, then you will need to disconnect it from the console first. To do so:
- On the PlayStation 4, open the settings menu.
- Select “Adjust sound, devices”.
That’s the end of the setup process. Now you will be able to play your games on the gamepad. Recall that games must support controller control, so not all games can be played this way.
Basically the following genres will definitely work: races, shooters, runners, platformers (2D).
That’s it. We hope that you will find our article useful. Have fun playing.
Ways to connect
There are two ways to connect your PS3 controller to Android via Bluetooth. The first has fewer steps, but will only work for those devices that support USB OTG connection. The second is suitable for absolutely all types of devices, but requires the participation of PC. In both cases, to connect the joystick to the tablet, your mobile device must have ROOT.rights.
Connecting the PS3 gamepad to your Android device
An important feature of the joystick from Playstation 3. it works via Bluetooth-protocol. And since all modern phones and tablets for Android have the module, the connection to implement is easy. But there are a few nuances. First of all, let’s take a step back and look at how exactly you can connect the joystick and the mobile gadget. There are two options available:
In the first case, everything is very simple. You need the following set: the controller itself (today you can buy a joystick for PS3 without much trouble and for a reasonable amount), Mini-USB cable and OTG-adapter. Connect it all together (the adapter in the phone, the cable into it and into the gamepad). After the desired game, check whether the device is supported. Almost all emulators (PS1, NES, Gameboy) for Android can be reconfigured to the joystick from Playstation 3 (which is very convenient). Yes and mobile games are compatible with it.
In the second case there are some nuances. You can not simply connect the gamepad to the phone via Bluetooth, because the latter does not support the necessary protocols. This problem is solved by a special program for the connection. Sixaxis Controller. But it only works if you have root rights.
How to connect the DualShock 4 to Android via Bluetooth
Once the gamepad is disconnected, you need to go to the next step.
- On Android activate the option “Bluetooth” and run the device search.
- When the “Wireless controller” line appears in the list of devices you will need to click on it and perform the pairing.
As you can see, the procedure for connecting the joystick wirelessly via Bluetooth, is quite simple. After a few minutes you can play your favorite games with the handy emulator.
Step 1: Connecting
To start the setup, you should, of course, connect your gadget to your smartphone or tablet. The procedure is generally typical, but differs for USB and Bluetooth devices.
Wired and Wireless USB
For USB variants you will need to use the appropriate adapter, which most often looks like this:
For non-Bluetooth wireless gamepads, you must also connect the radio module to this adapter. Once connected to your phone, you don’t need to go any further and you can skip to the next step.
Bluetooth gamepads need to be connected first. It is done like this:
First, make sure that your target device has Bluetooth enabled. To do this open “Settings” and go to the appropriate parameters. they can be both available at once, and located inside the items “Connections” or similar in meaning.
Now let’s move on to the gamepad. The connection method depends on the specific type. for example, Xbox One Controller wireless revision and DualShock 4 just need to turn on and put into pairing mode. Computer gaming devices like the Logitech F710 or solutions from other manufacturers connect in the same way.
With purely mobile gamepads the situation is slightly different. they often have several modes of operation (for example, separate for iOS and Android), and to connect to the “green robot” you need to choose the appropriate. As a rule, the method of enabling the desired mode is described either in the gadget manual or on a sticker stuck on the back of its body.
Turn on the gamepad and set it to Android compatible mode. Wait a few seconds until the Bluetooth device discovery bar on your smartphone or tablet shows an entry with the name of the desired one, then tap on it to pair.
If you encounter problems at this point, refer to the appropriate section of this article.
On mobile devices, this technology is used to connect peripherals and gadgets. To pair your Dualshock 4 with your Android Smartphone, you need an OTG-cable, and your Android device must support this technology. To determine whether your device supports OTG technology or not, it is enough to refer to the technical specifications of your phone.
The connection procedure does not take long: Just connect the cable to your mobile device and your phone will automatically detect the gamepad.