How to Connect a Bluetooth Speaker to a Phone
Loud sound, ease of use, as well as ease of connection makes Bluetooth speakers the most popular device among young people. They can be connected to a phone, desktop PC, laptop, tablet and other gadgets that have a Bluetooth adapter and allow you to broadcast sounds of various formats. However, not all Bluetooth speakers can boast of compatibility with various devices, and therefore problems can arise with their connection.
We connect Bluetooth speakers to a laptop or PC
Before connecting the speakers via Bluetooth, you should make sure that the Bluetooth itself is working stably on the PC or laptop, and that there are all installed codecs (quite often, when connecting speakers via bluetooth, users complain about the sound lag, which occurs due to lack of sound codecs). Further actions will be as follows:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your computer or laptop. To do this, there is a special button on the keyboard or device case.
- Now, on the column itself, you need to press and hold the Bluetooth button for a few seconds to enable the pairing mode. If the mode cannot be turned on, it is worth looking in the instructions for the column on how to do this. On some expensive models, Bluetooth is activated by voice. The fact that Bluetooth is turned on and ready for pairing will be indicated by an indicator on the case or on a small screen (depending on the model of the device).
- In the Windows Notification Panel, right-click on the Bluetooth icon. Select “Add device.” In Windows 10, to add a column, you need to go to the “Settings”, “Devices” branch and click on the “Add Bluetooth or Another Device” button.
- Start a column search. You need to wait a while and make sure that the speaker itself is in the range of the Bluetooth signal.
- After we select our column from the list. Will be connected. On Windows 10, you may be asked to enter a PIN code. However, this is typical for expensive speakers, which in addition to the control buttons have a touch-sensitive full-function menu.
- Now open your playlist or on your PC or laptop and broadcast the sound.
The first connection of the device is done manually. Next, the laptop or PC will remember your speaker and will connect automatically, it will be enough only to turn on Bluetooth.
How to connect a Bluetooth speaker to the phone?
The way how to connect the Bluetooth speaker to the phone will be a bit like a PC method.
- Turn on Bluetooth on the column.
- Now on the phone we select “Settings”, “Connected devices”.
- A new section will open. You need to click “Add device”.
- The search for the Bluetooth speaker starts. Click on it to connect.
- We try to run music on the phone. It should sound out of the speaker.
If the phone does not see the column, it is worth checking whether the column itself is charged and the indicators on it that indicate the operation of the Bluetooth bundle are on. You also need to check if Bluetooth itself is enabled on the phone. To do this, pull out the top curtain and find the wireless icon.
You also need to make sure that the speaker and the phone are close to each other. A distance of more than 10 meters will break the connection between devices. Among the reasons why the phone may not see the column may also be a lack of charge on the latter. It is necessary to check whether the speaker is charged, and if necessary, connect it to the mains for charging. And, as an option, try removing the column from the list of previously connected devices and re-adding it. There may be a failure and the phone is trying to connect to another Bluetooth device.
A Bluetooth headset has been in high demand for quite some time. However, despite this, the question of how to connect a Bluetooth headset to the phone is still relevant, since not everyone knows how to do it. Of course, this is not particularly difficult, but you should still know certain rules.
Bluetooth Technology Description:
In addition, the procedure for connecting a headset that has already been connected to another device to the phone is slightly different. This is due to certain features of the technology. To know all this, you should consider how this technology works. This will help you better understand how to connect a Bluetooth headset to your phone.
How a wireless headset works
Wireless Hands Free is very simple. Any modern phone is equipped with a Bluetooth module. It is through this connection that voice data is transmitted. Therefore, first you need to configure the connection between the headphones and the mobile phone. Connecting the Bluetooth headset to the phone allows the latter to synchronize with Hands Free, and in the future it will work only with these headphones. That is, other mobile phones will no longer be able to detect your Hands Free. If you have no problems with the connection, but there are problems with the use, we advise you to go here and figure it out.
How to connect wireless headphones
So, in order to set up the phone with headphones, first turn on the headset. After that, you need to activate the wireless module on the mobile. After you turn on Bluetooth, the system will automatically start searching for available devices. It is worth noting that we will consider the connection procedure for the headset, which is used for the first time.
So, the mobile phone will automatically find the available connections and give you a list (if there are several). You just have to select the appropriate name and click the “Connect” button. A pairing code is required for pairing. As a rule, it is indicated on the box and in the instructions. But, in the vast majority of cases, the key is 0000. After that, go into the connection settings and check the box “Sound during a call”. Due to this, during calls, sound will be transmitted to the headphones.
On some Hands Free models, before starting a search on a mobile phone, it is necessary to set the detection mode. This is done on different models in different ways. On some devices, you just need to hold down the power button until the indicator lights up (or blinks). On others. There is a special multi-function wheel, which you just need to translate into the appropriate mode. And only after that carry out further actions. This article describes in detail how to choose the right Bluetooth headset so that there are no problems in the future.
As you can see, everything is extremely simple. Over, the instructions are attached to the headphones, in which everything is indicated in detail. But how to set up a Bluetooth headset that has already been paired with another device on a new phone? Everything is very simple here. You need to turn on the detection mode again, which turns off automatically immediately after synchronization. To do this, press and hold the power button again until the indicator lights up. If the headset is equipped with a multi-function wheel, then transfer it to the appropriate position (up) and press the call (call) button. After that, pair as described above.
If you did everything according to the instructions, but you still can’t connect, go and read this material.
Want to enjoy your favorite music on your mobile device, but not enough volume and bass? Not sure if you can connect speakers to your phone via bluetooth? Read our instructions and you will learn how to connect speakers to your phone in three different ways:
- Via bluetooth
- Using a USB and AUX cable (if the speakers do not have their own power supply)
- Using an AUX cable (if the speakers have their own power supply)
- Method 1. Via Bluetooth connection
- Method 2. Connect speakers to the phone via USB and AUX?
- Method 3. Through the AUX cable
- If the speaker is not connected by telephone
Method 1. Via Bluetooth connection
Consider how to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your phone. This method is very convenient, since you do not have to use wires when connecting.
In addition, unlike ordinary speakers (for example, from a computer or music center), Bluetooth speakers usually have a small size and stylish appearance, such as this small model from Nokia:
A big plus is the compatibility of almost all wireless speakers and smartphones with each other, regardless of manufacturer. For example, you can easily connect a Sony Bluetooth speaker to a Samsung phone.
Connecting bluetooth speakers on smartphones with Android and iPhone are carried out in the same way:
- Turn on the column and activate Bluetooth on it (if it does not start automatically);
- On the phone, go to the “Settings” menu (or “Settings”);
- Open the Bluetooth section;
- Move the slider of the same name to the right to activate a wireless connection and start searching for available devices;
- After the list of devices is displayed, find the name of your column in it and click on it for several seconds to connect, and the column should make a sound or change the color of the indicator (depending on the model);
- Try playing music on your phone. The sound should play from the speaker.
If you have models from JBL, then you can connect two speakers to the phone at once!
Method 2. Connect speakers to the phone via USB and AUX?
If the speakers do not have their own power supply (for example, some ancient Sven speakers) and can only be powered via USB, then you will need an adapter from regular USB to mini or micro USB (depending on the model of your phone), a USB cable and AUX cable.
Connection is carried out as follows:
- Insert the adapter into the telephone jack and into it the USB cable from the speakers. Connect the other end of the USB cable to the speakers themselves. Thus, the phone will be used as a power source
- Connect the devices using the AUX cable.
With this connection method, it is better to use speakers with an amplifier so that there is no extraneous noise and low-quality sound.
Method 3. Through the AUX cable
To connect using this method, it is necessary that the speakers have their own power source (battery or plug for connecting to an outlet). The procedure is as follows:
- Enable Columns
- Insert one end of the cable into the headphone jack on the speakers
- Insert the other end into the 3.5 mm jack on the phone
- An icon or caption should appear on the display of the mobile device with the text “Audio Connector Connected”.
Done. You can enjoy the music!
If the speaker is not connected by telephone
If the speaker is not connected to the phone via Bluetooth, or the connection is established, but the sound is not coming from the speaker, then try the following recommendations:
- First reboot your phone (helps a lot)
- Make sure that the Bluetooth mode on the speaker is accurately activated. Usually this can be seen by the indicator on the speaker, but for the sake of fidelity, see the instructions.
- Make sure there are currently no other Bluetooth connections (such as headphones). The phone can only connect to one gadget at a time.
- Some speakers have a “weak” Bluetooth module and work only in close proximity to a smartphone. To eliminate the effect of this fact, try connecting two devices at a minimum distance from each other.
- Reset the column. Usually it is done by simultaneously pressing several buttons. The combinations on different models are different, so see the instructions for your speaker.
- If the connection has occurred, but the sound does not go, then try to disconnect, and then, in the phone’s Bluetooth settings menu, click on the speaker’s name, and then select “Forget this device“. After that, search for available devices again and try to connect.
- Try connecting your smartphone to another device. If he also does not connect to it, then most likely there is a software malfunction. In this case (if rebooting or updating the system did not help), reset the phone to factory settings.
- If none of the above helped us, then there may be a malfunction in the operation of the Bluetooh module of one of the devices. In this case, it is worth contacting specialists.
Found a solution to the problem? Please share it in the comments.