How to configure e-mail on your phone Samsung
How to create an email on your Android phone
Mail box is a disk space which is allocated on a mail server for storage of user’s letters (incoming, outgoing, drafts). It is possible to use the mail box directly via Internet browser or with the help of special mobile applications. The main advantage of the mailbox on the smartphone is that all emails will be at the user’s fingertips, as well as the convenience of managing the settings and the speed of sending emails.
The user can choose for itself any way to create a mail box by means of Gmail, Yandex and Consider in detail each of ways:
Creating Mail in Gmail
If you buy a smartphone or tablet with the Android operating system, you do not need to download a special Gmail app, as it is already installed. It’s easy enough to create a mailbox in Gmail. For this purpose it is necessary to do the following steps:
- Find the “Menu” icon on your smartphone and click on it. Then find the mail-Gmail app;
- In the window that appears, select “Create a new account”. Then, in the registration form in the appropriate fields the user’s personal data (name, surname, date of birth, sex) are entered. After that you need to think up and enter a username, which will be the name of your email address;
- The next step is to create a password. It must be eight characters long. To make your password secure you should use letters, numbers and symbols. After entering the password, it must be confirmed again;
- You can skip the “Add phone number” option. However, for the safety and security of your account, we advise you to confirm the number at once, so that at any time you can easily restore it;
Important: If the user has previously created a google account, there is no need to create the mailbox again. You should only go to Gmail application and enter your cell phone or e-mail, the created password in the entry form, and log in to your mailbox.
Creating mail in Yandex
For the convenience of using email on your smartphone, it is recommended to download the application from the Google Play store.
- The “Authorization” window will pop up, where you need to select the “Registration” section;
- In the window “Registration” in the appropriate fields you should enter the name, surname, cell phone, to think up a login and password;
- Then the user will need to select the “Next” option. A window will pop up where you need to enter the characters from the picture;
- After clicking on “Next,” the user will be taken to his or her email page.
Creation of a mail box in
Mail is a Russian service for creating e-mail. Also user can find mobile mail application in Google Play. Registration is very simple and consists of several actions:
- The window where it is necessary to choose “to create mail on “;
- Then the window “Registration” will appear, where in the corresponding fields in the section “Your data” a name, surname of the user, date of birth, sex (male or female) are put down. In the “New mailbox name” section, the user must come up with a mail name and password;
- Then check the “I accept the terms in the user agreement” box;
- In the window that appears, enter the user’s cell phone. It can then be used to recover the password;
- To complete, you’ll need to click on “Sign Up.”.
Mail services that are available for free
Before you install e-mail on your Samsung phone, it’s important to decide on the right service. Today, users of Android smartphones can create e-mail using the following platforms:
These are the basic options that allow you to create free email on your Samsung phone with Android. When choosing a postal service, you should take into account your own needs. The universal option, which opens the maximum opportunities, is gmail.Com. For each service has its own program, which you can install for free, and then set up e-mail on your phone Samsung.
How to connect e-mail on phone Samsung
Smartphone owners often ask how to create email on an Android Samsung phone for free. It’s not hard to do. So, when you connect your device, users create a Google account, with the registration of the e-mail. The added email is the main email on your smartphone and allows you to download apps from Play Market. But Google’s service is far from the only one you can use on your Samsung Android phone for free. Let’s take a look at the different options.
How to change the sounds of email notifications in Samsung Email
Notification sounds are the sounds that are played when the email is received. Samsung email has settings that allow you to change these sounds.
Galaxy S20/S20: How to Setup A New Email For First Time Use
- Launch the email app on the home screen or in the app bar. It’s an envelope with a red “@” on top of it.
- Press the menu button. It looks like “☰” in the upper left corner.
- Click on account management.
Tap the email account you want to change.
Make sure that email notifications are checked.
Select the desired sound from the pop-up menu and press “OK”.
How to set up email on your phone
When you buy a gadget, you’re usually required to fill it with your account information. One of the first steps is to set up your email account.
If the user has linked a Google account to the new phone (during the setup phase after switching on), you won’t have to make any extra effort: the Gmail service will be automatically set up as soon as you enter the account details. But if you want to use a different email client, you will have to make the settings manually and from scratch.
Setting up email in the Gmail app on Android
Adding and setting up a new account
Gmail, the mail client preinstalled on Android phones, can be used to collect emails from various mail-services, except those that don’t support third-party applications, like heavily protected ProtonMail and Tutanota. By default, it only collects emails addressed to the google account linked to the device.
To connect your other email account to your Gmail client, do the following:
- Launch the application. If anyone doesn’t know, its label is a white envelope with a red “M” on it.
- Tap the hamburger button and open the side menu. To access the account management section, tap the triangle circled in the screenshot.
- Select the mail service you want to connect. For example, if the domain name of a server where your mail box is located, yandex.Use this to add another email account.If you want to connect to gmail, choose Yandex; if you want to connect to gmail, choose Yandex.Com, select Google and t. Д. If your service is not on the list, your choice is “Other. Let’s consider further actions on the example of the last variant.
- Enter your email address. Tap “next” to set it to its default settings. If you want to specify your own parameters, tap the “Manual” button.
- If you choose manual setup, you’ll be prompted to choose one of three account types. For private mail these are protocols POP3 or IMAP (what to choose you can find out from user manual of your mail-service). For mail on the corporate server. Exchange, unless otherwise used.
- In the next step specify the inbox server. If the program did not detect it, you will have to refer to the manual of your mail service.
Samsung Galaxy S8: How to Add Gmail Account to Email App
- Next, enter the address of the outgoing message server and enable automatic login if desired. Then you will not have to enter a password every time you access your mailbox.
- Basic configuration is almost done. There is only one thing to do. To allow or prohibit synchronization of the program with the mail server. If allowed. Set the frequency of synchronizations (the default is 15 minutes), and enable or disable the notification of new e-mails and auto-loading of attachments when the phone is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- The account is added. In the final step, you can change your name that will appear in the mails you send. Account login is shown by default instead of name.
We can end there, but if you want to configure your new box more finely, open the side menu again in the app, scroll down and tap the “Settings” button.
Select the account you want to edit.
The following settings are available to change:
- Your account name (email address).
- Your name (the default is your account name).
- Signature in the email.
- Link your address to another Gmail account.
- Request to show images in your messages (if you have a slow Internet connection or are charged by traffic volume, it’s better to turn it on).
- Synchronize with your mail server and how often you sync with it (high frequency of sync increases traffic and drains your phone battery faster).
- Automatically downloads attachments when you connect to Wi-Fi.
- Notifications of new letters.
- Sort your inbox by category (unsorted emails, social networks, forums, promotions and notifications). Not supported by all email services.
- Automatic reply to incoming emails. Not supported by all email services.
- Auto-set quick replies. Not supported by all Posts.
- Choice of ringtone for incoming message notification.
- Adding shortcuts.
- Vibrosingal to alert you when you receive a message.
- Incoming and outgoing mail servers (username, address, port and encryption type) and more.
Adding shortcuts to your Gmail account is the same way you add other email accounts. No limit on number of accounts. Use manual settings as described above usually is not necessary except for connecting corporate accounts or some exotic mails. Otherwise, application selects optimal default settings.
How to change and delete your Gmail account
Gmail shows the correspondence of only one account. The currently active one. By default. To check another’s mail, you need to make it active.
All connected accounts are displayed in the top field of the main application menu (hidden behind the “hamburger” button). To switch between them, just tap on the label you want. And for simultaneous loading of messages from all your mail, select “All mailboxes” in the list of options.
There are a lot of services for receiving and sending email, but we will consider a few of the main ones that are the most popular in Russia and the CIS. It is Gmail, Yandex. Yahoo. For each service, we have described detailed instructions, both through the website and through their official app.
It is important to find out one thing: why do you create a mailbox in Gmail? If you’ve just bought your phone and you need to register an account to use it fully, that’s one procedure; if you just need a Gmail account to work with mail, that’s another. To learn how to create your own Google Account, read our other article.
By default, all Android devices have the Gmail app installed, which is used to work with the mailbox (receiving, sending emails, sorting, and more). You can also use it to create your new account right away:
This completes the process of creating an email account in Gmail. At any point in the app, you can click the icon for your current account and switch to any other account from there.
Via the Gmail site
Sometimes there are situations where the Gmail app won’t run on your phone (viruses, an old operating system, and many other reasons), so you’ll have to create and manage your mail through the site. But this is not a problem either:
How to set up Yandex mail via POP3 and IMAP in third-party apps
Install one of your preferred apps. K-9 Mail, ProfiMail Go or Mail Droid. The algorithm of actions is similar: specify the mail and the password, set manually the parameters above, or use automatic setup.
When setting up Yandex mail, it is preferable to use the POP3 and IMAP protocols in Android. This will save space on the drive and reduce the load on RAM. In case of unsuccessful setting or a novice user, it is rational to start from using the client “Yandex.Mail”. If you’re not satisfied with our native client, then try one of our third party apps.