How to Completely Reset a Huawei Mediapad T3
Smartphones of the Huawei Honor line are deservedly considered one of the most reliable and high-quality in the modern Chinese electronics market. However, for various reasons, users have to perform a general reset of the phone. The measure is cardinal and is carried out infrequently, however, knowledge of this process, as practice shows, is not superfluous. We will talk about him in the article below.
There are two main ways to reset Huawei to factory settings. The first option is used, as a rule, if there is access to the phone menu, but it is constantly buggy, freezes and slows down. Before its implementation, we recommend that you make a copy of the necessary data by transferring it to a PC, memory card and cloud storage, or through the backup procedure. It is very important to make a copy, because after resetting all the data from the smartphone will be erased. You can read about backup methods in this manual. It is suitable for almost all Android smartphones.
To reset, you must:
- Go to smartphone settings.
- Open the “Restore and Reset” section (in some firmware it may be called “Confidentiality”).
- Find the item “Reset settings” (or “Return to factory settings”).
- Confirm agreement with the deletion of all files and data, having previously checked whether all the necessary data and files have been saved.
The second way to completely reset to factory state among programmers is referred to as “Hard reset“(Hardware). It should be done in cases where it is a matter of loss of phone functionality in principle (perpetual reboot, or “brick” state). In such situations, Huawei gadgets are treated as follows:
- Turn off your smartphone completely. To do this, hold the power button for 5-10 seconds. If the battery is removable, you can remove it and reinsert it.
- Press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously. In phones with a central mechanical button, it must be held together with the above keys.
- Wait until the first welcome screen appears, release the power button, but continue to clamp the rest.
- After enabling Recovery mode, use the volume buttons to go to the “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” item and press the on / off button. (or center button). Then, in the menu that opens, select “Yes” in the same way.
- At the end of the process, the phone will return to Recovery mode, in which it is necessary to select the “Reboot System” item (reboot).
Upon successful completion of the operation in both the first and second versions, the smartphone will reboot and offer a standard procedure for the basic settings of the system. This procedure will return the device to a state similar to that which was upon purchase and first start-up, and relieve it of system failures and malfunctions.
You can also reset the settings using the service code of the engineering menu.
If you have any questions, ask them in the comments.