How to Clear RAM on a Computer
Over time, users notice that their computer begins to function more slowly. And when freezes appear, you can forget about comfortable work. If, after starting the Task Manager, you see a completely loaded RAM, this article will help to fix the current problem. Therefore, we will consider how to clear the RAM of a Windows 10 computer.
How to clear RAM
There are many ways to offload the computer‘s RAM. Consider all possible methods from easy and less effective to complex and more effective.
The most popular way. Do the following:
- Open the “Task Manager” by holding the CtrlShiftEsc keys.
- Go to the “Processes” tab.
- Sort the list of running applications by “CPU”, and then by “Memory”. Find out which processes load the computer the most.
- Next, click on the RMB program you are interested in and select “Cancel task” or “End the process tree”.
If some processes do not complete, suspicion falls on viruses that have flooded the computer’s hard drive. To scan a device, it is recommended to perform a system scan using AdwCleaner and Dr.Web CureIt!
But non-closing processes are not just viruses. They are also standard services and other related software. To completely disable them, you need to exclude the corresponding fields from startup. This requires:
- Call the Run window by pressing WinR.
- Enter msconfig in the text box and click OK.
- In the window that appears, go to the “Startup” tab.
Program for cleaning RAM
If there is no desire or it is scary to clean yourself, you can use special utilities.
KCleaner is one of the most powerful RAM cleaners. The program effectively cleans the RAM, while not disconnecting the services and processes that are important for the system.
To start optimization, you need:
- Download the application from the official site.
- Run and click on the “Clear” button.
- Wait until the operation is completed and follow the prompts of the program.
Additional features are also available in the program. For example, clear and reload.
Mz RAM Booster
A more eminent representative who also copes well with his duties. over, the application allows you to optimize the functioning of the PC and speed up the processor (through overclocking). The program has an intuitive interface and launching the “accelerator” will not be difficult: you just need to download the software, launch it and click on the corresponding button (as of November 20, 2017, the developer’s site stopped working).
Using a script
The most creative way, which is practically not inferior in effectiveness to all of the above. You need to write a script yourself that will perform this difficult task. Interesting, right? To do this, you need:
- Create a text file in.txt format (Notepad) on the desktop.
- Open it and enter the following code:
Msgbox “Clear RAM?”, 0,”Do-it-yourself RAM cleaning ”
FreeMem = Space (409600000)
Msgbox”Cleaning completed”, 0,”Do-it-yourself RAM cleaning”
Now you know how to clear the RAM of a Windows 10 computer. If the article helped, share it with your friends and acquaintances. Let them appreciate the benefits of using a PC with offloaded hardware.