How to clear cookies on Samsung
On Mozilla Firefox, clearing history and deleting other data is performed through different settings. To delete records of visited sites:
- Launch your browser.
- Click on the button with three dots to open the main menu.
- Go to the “History” section.
- To erase all existing records, click on the button “Delete web surfing history”.
- To erase one entry from the journal, press and hold on it until the context menu appears. Select “Delete”.
Mozilla Firefox does not allow you to clear history for a specific period. Available or destruction of the entire history of visits, or individual pages.
Clearing the browser from cookies, site data, search history and other information is done differently:
- Open the main browser menu by repeating steps 1-2 of the previous instruction.
- Go to the “Options”.
- Scroll down the screen and select the “Delete my data” option.
- Mark in the list what information you want to erase. There is also a log of visits, which is cleared separately through the “History”.
- Click “Clear Data” to clear your browser.
To enhance privacy protection, the app allows you to automatically delete data on shutdown.
- Return to the “Options” section.
- Open the item “Privacy”.
- Check the option “Delete my data on exit”.
- Select from the list the information that will be erased automatically when you close the browser.
- Click “Install” to save the configuration.
You can change the list of data that will be deleted automatically, or return to manual cleaning of the browser at any time. In the “Privacy” section, you can also configure or disable the collection of cookies.
How to clear or delete cache in a standalone application?
If deleting the cache of the entire device is too aggressive, then you may need to clear the cache of a single application. The Android operating system easily copes with this task.
We go into the same “Settings”, then click on “Applications” and select the one you need from the list. In my case, this is “Google Chrome”. I press on it and see the button “Clear cache” and its size. 172 MB.
Samsung smartphones have powerful functionality and large system memory. But as they use the device, many owners are faced with the problem of slow operation of many functions, with a long load of the phone itself and the Internet.
As a rule, each user installs various applications and programs on his smartphone, from time to time the system carries out an update, and at one moment the message “Not enough memory” appears in front of the user.
It’s good if you can increase the system memory on your model, because this way you can get a lot more free space and delay the moment of “cleaning”. But this is only for a short period of time.
It is important to remember that independent intervention in the system of your smartphone without certain skills can lead to a malfunction of the device. If you need qualified assistance from specialists, contact a specialized center for the repair of Samsung smartphones.
What data is deleted when cleaning
Browsers store large amounts of data while surfing the web. The standard set looks like this:
- Cache: some elements of web pages. design details, images, sounds, scripts, etc.
- Browsing history: URLs of sites you have visited, shortcuts to pages on the quick access screen, hints in the address bar.
- Cookies are files with data from sites that you open in your browser. They are needed to save user actions and settings.
In addition, browsers save your passwords, autofill data, bank card details, etc. You can safely delete all of this (or only part of it).
On Opera, the order of cleaning depends on what data you want to delete. If you want to erase only the records of the visited sites:
- Launch your browser.
- Click on the Opera icon in the lower right corner.
- Go to the “History” section.
- To erase one entry, click on the button in the form of three dots next to it and select “Delete”.
- To erase several records, click on the button in the form of three dots on the top panel, and then tap on the “Select” item. Check the pages to be deleted and click on the trash can icon.
- To clear all history, tap the trash can icon at once without highlighting anything.
Each application works differently. Some just run and press one button, for example “Cache Cleaner”. Others, like Clean Master, require more action:
- Run the program.
- Open the “Trash” tab.
- Wait while the software scans the phone and identifies unnecessary files.
- Check the list of what the program wants to remove and uncheck unnecessary checkboxes. Treat this point carefully so as not to lose photos or important applications that the program, for some reason, refers to garbage.
- Click “Empty Trash”.
You were able to delete the cache on Android Samsung using the program, and now the phone will work faster. But if you don’t need the program itself, you may need to uninstall it as well. Some of these “optimizers” take up a lot of memory space. If you decide to leave it, look in the menu for the function of removing garbage on a schedule, and turn off the rest of the “checks”.
Automatic removal add-ons
Lastly, I would also like to tell you that there are add-ons for automatically deleting data after closing or after some time.
The most popular of them are ClickClean and eCleaner (Forget Button)
You can read more at these links.
I also want to suggest reading another Adblock add-on that blocks all ads on the page. You can read how to set it up correctly in the article Installing Adblock for Yandex Browser
We wish you a pleasant and fast surfing in Yandex browser.
How to clear cookies in PC and Android browsers?
Cookies are most often used by search engines such as Google, Explorer, Mozilla, Yandex. They determine by cookies the topics that the user was interested in earlier in order to advertise their products or services on other sources. For example, if a car page was visited, and then a site with the technical characteristics of a mobile phone was opened, then the search engines form an advertising offer in such a way as to remind of early requests.
To clear cookies on Google Chrome, you need to:
- Open “Menu”.
- Select the “Tools” button, and then “Delete browsing data”.
- Mark the time period for which you want to delete information.
Google recommends several types of cookie management. It:
- save all data when reopening tabs;
- automatically delete information when you close your browser;
- block data and files of third-party sites;
- do not allow Internet resources to save information.
These actions will hide all material that cannot be used against you.
To clear data on Android, follow the same steps: “Menu”. “Settings”. “Privacy”. “Advanced options”. “Clear browsing data”. Or in the Google Chrome browser itself: “Menu ⇒ Settings ⇒ Personal data ⇒ Clear history”
It will not be difficult to clear the Yandex cookie. This requires:
- Go to the “Menu” section.
- Open the item “Tinctures”.
- Select the section “Delete personal data”.
- Mark items that do not need to be saved.
In the event that you want to delete a file of only one source, you need to open the “Manage cookies” section, where you can select an Internet resource, the data of which should be removed.
How to clear the cache with built-in tools
The user can get rid of unnecessary garbage in files using the devices built into the Android operating system.
To do this, you need to follow the following step-by-step instructions:
- First, open the settings of the mobile device.
- After entering the “Settings” section, go to the “Memory” tab; If you select “Cache data” in this tab and click Ok, the data of all applications will be deleted.
- If you need to delete the cache in a specific application, then in the window that appears, you need to find the “Applications” tab.
- Next, the user needs to select the software that interests him for cleaning.
- Having chosen a specific program, the final step is to click on the “Clear cache” tab.
If, after following these instructions, the application still does not work correctly, then you can take more radical measures and click on the “Erase everything” function. This option erases all application data, as if “reinstalling” the software on a completely new smartphone.
The main disadvantage of this tool is its energy consumption. The user needs to individually clear the cache of each program, especially since sometimes the cache has nothing to do with the root folder of the application with which this option works.
Using programs to clear cache on Samsung
The above instructions are effective, but frequent such procedures are time-consuming. To do this, the developers have created many applications that clean the device in a few minutes. The most common program for the Android operating system. Clean Master.
Smartphone cleaning utility Clean Master
With this software, you can optimize your Android device. Step by step instructions:
The main advantage of the program is a convenient and understandable menu.
Note! The app also offers anti-malware protection, device acceleration, battery saving mode, granular cleaning (uninstall programs, media).
Delete cache, cookies and history on Samsung smartphones in the browser
All browsers have similar settings. The instruction below is based on Google Chrome:
- First you need to open your browser.
- Click on the icon in the form of three dots (menu). She is in the upper right corner.
- Now you need to delete the history. To do this, you need to go to the appropriate tab, click “Clear“. On this page, the user can select the period for which the system will delete all information.
- Before deleting, you need to check the boxes next to cookies, images, etc.
- Then click “Delete data”.
How to clear cache on Android Samsung yourself
Smartphones and tablets tend to clog up files over time. This entails a number of other problems. braking, overheating, lack of space. To avoid this, you need to regularly clean the operating system.
There are many ways to clear the system of garbage using a utility or manually. We recommend that you do the following from time to time to prevent unnecessary buffer files from clogging up the internal storage.
Clearing temporary files and cache on Android should be done periodically
What is cache on Android devices
Before you clear the cache data on Android Samsung, you need to find out what the cache files are on smartphones and tablets. Cache are small pieces of data that are generated by different applications. On the one hand, they speed up the launch of programs, loading, etc.
For your information! The software creates the cache only once, using it later.
To make it easier to understand what a cache is, you should pay attention to the following example. Media viewing applications (photo, video) create thumbnails of files (previews, small preview icons). These thumbnails are stored in internal memory so that the software can use them later. This in turn reduces the load on the processor. When the owner of the smartphone has taken new pictures or videos, the gallery program creates additional files.
Thumbnails in gallery to preview photos and videos
In general, cache data stores information for reuse. When the application needs to display something, cache is used. If these files did not exist, the program would create them, open them, and then delete them every time. It slows down your smartphone or tablet.
On the other hand, the software is constantly being updated. Some files are no longer needed, and the system does not always delete them. Sometimes you have to do it manually or using special utilities.
Note! Settings vary by device model and operating system version.
How to Clear Cache on Android Samsung
There are two ways to delete cache files on Android. The first is the use of system functions, settings. The second is installing third-party applications from Google Play or downloaded files. The following instructions are for all Samsung J and A line phones.
It is believed that the safest way is to use built-in functions. With their help, you can free up memory in minutes. Manufacturers have foreseen that some files are needed for the system to work correctly, so the built-in tools only delete what they can. System cache data will be safe.
Note! Another advantage is that there is no chance of malware infecting your device.
The second way is to delete the buffer data of specific applications
It happens that a lot of space is taken up by a specific software. It is useless to delete the cache of all programs. The following guide will help you to delete the data of selected applications so as not to clean the rest:
- First you need to go to the settings in any convenient way.
- Then go to the section with internal memory.
- Next, you need to open a list of all programs. In new firmware versions, the item is in the menu. “Applications”.
- In the list, you must click on the application whose cache files you want to delete. Samsung devices have search to make the task easier.
- A window with detailed information about the program will open. There you can see how much memory the buffer files are occupying. To delete them, you need to click “Erase data” (“Clear cache”).
- A warning message will appear. You need to confirm the cleaning.
To delete thumbnails of images, you need to repeat these steps for the gallery.
Important! After deleting the cache files, the program will ask you to re-enter your account. To do this, you need to remember the login information.
The first way is to manually delete the buffer data
This is a less radical way, since the user does everything himself. To speed up your phone, free up storage space, it is recommended to follow all the steps according to the following guide:
- First you need to go to the settings. To do this, you need to find the corresponding icon in the menu or slide your finger from the top of the display to the middle. In the upper right corner there is a gear icon.
- Now you need to go down, find the inscription “Device”. In some firmware versions, the item is called differently (“Smartphone” or “Phone”). The desired section. “Memory”.
- In the window, select the “Cache” menu. To clear files, you need to use the flush buffer information option.
- After a few seconds, a warning window will pop up. You will need to confirm the actions by clicking “OK”.
Deleting cache files will take from a few seconds to a couple of minutes. The duration depends on how regularly you cleaned. When finished, the window will close by itself. The smartphone will have more available memory.
For your information! This method removes information about each program.
Removing unnecessary data and garbage through Recovery Mode
This mode allows you to control the device at the system level. To clean your smartphone from debris, you need to do the following:
- Turn off the phone completely.
- When the power is turned off, you need to hold down the volume up key, “Home” and the power button.
- When the gadget turns on, you must release the keys. Recovery Mode will open.
- The required item is “Wipe cache partition”. The function will remove all cache partitions.
Thus, it is possible to speed up the work of a Samsung phone or tablet and it is even necessary to do it periodically. There are several ways to do this, which are described above. Which one to choose, each user decides for himself.
What is cache?
Cache (English cache) are temporary files that are used by the system or individual applications to perform various tasks. Working with such files allows you to speed up the work of the system and individual applications, to help the latter in tracking the required data.
On Samsung, the cache can become overly bloated, take up extra space, or slow down your phone. This can directly affect the operation of the phone or individual programs launched on it. In this case, you can perform a cleaning of your device in order to see if this solves the problem.
Do not be afraid of deleting data. This operation erases only temporary work files. All your important data will remain intact.
As we mentioned above, the entire cache can be divided into two main sections:
|Dysfunctions in the system cache affect the overall operation of the phone.||Cache problems for individual applications affect their performance.|
While it’s worth noting, there are some system apps whose cached data issues can affect the entire device (especially Google apps).
Thus, there are two ways to clear data on your Samsung. Let’s see how this can be done.
How to clear cache on Samsung
If you begin to notice that your hitherto reliable Samsung phone has begun to slow down and work unstable, then it’s time to think about deleting cache. The presence of damaged or unused files in it can cause dysfunctions in the operation of the phone, which significantly reduces the efficiency of its operation. Let’s take a look at how you can clear the cache on your Samsung mobile phone.
How to Delete System Cache on Samsung
The easiest way to delete cached files on your Samsung phone is to clear the system-wide storage. The latter is used by the system for the purposes it needs, and its unstable operation may affect the functionality of the entire device.
It is important to understand that the sequence of steps to delete data on a smartphone depends on the specific device model. Overall, the algorithm is quite simple and you can easily use it in the context of your Samsung phone.
- Turn on your Samsung phone;
- Go to “Settings”;
- Among the list of settings sections, tap on “Optimization” (or “Device maintenance” in other versions of Samsung phones);
How to clear memory on Samsung
The main permanent memory of the phone contains all user data, and it is impossible to delete data from it without the knowledge of the owner of the smartphone. This includes various media files. photos, videos, audio, etc., account data, part of the cache, applications themselves, and other data. You can clear it in various ways, depending on the user’s desire, his level of training and the amount of free time.
The primary task is to determine the types of files that are filling up memory. These include:
- Photos and images;
- Audio files. voice messages, music, etc.;
- The documents;
- Downloaded Apps.
Each of these categories contains data that is not particularly valuable. duplicate images, automatically downloaded recordings of voice messages, postcards and videos from instant messengers, recordings of telephone conversations, residual files, cache. Anything that is of little value should be removed regularly.
After determining the “front of work”, it is worth clearing the cache. This can be done using the built-in capabilities of the device by going to its settings in the “Memory” section. A separate button “Cache data” allows you to delete all accumulated files.
The next step for manually cleaning up RAM is to get rid of the thumbnail images for fast viewing. To do this, you need to use the “Service” folder: enter “My files”, from there go to “Device memory”, find the DCIM folder, and in it the.thumbnails folder. All its contents can be safely removed. An alternative way is to connect the phone to a personal computer using a USB cable, wait for the drivers to be automatically installed (if connecting for the first time), allow access to files on the smartphone screen, and then do the same thing, but on the PC screen, with the ability to conveniently view.
There is another way to accomplish these types of work. simply by installing special applications that will do everything with minimal user interaction. For example:
- Clean Master;
- History eraser.
This is a completely safe and easy way to clear your smartphone memory.
How to clear Samsung phone memory using programs
It is worth talking about the mentioned programs, which help to quickly and efficiently rid the device of unnecessary data. Each of them is Russified, has a pleasant and understandable interface and is as easy to use as possible, so that a user with any level of training will be able to put things in order in his phone.
The most popular data cleansing application known to many since the PC version is Ccleaner. You can download the application in the Play Market. Free and paid versions are available for users, their main difference is in the presence (or absence) of advertising, as well as in the difference in functionality. you can get many more tools for a subscription. However, the free version is quite enough to clean the cache and memory of the device.
CCleaner analyzes the state of the device’s memory and displays all the characteristics necessary for the user on the screen: the amount of RAM and internal memory, resource consumption, and much more. With the help of a visual demonstration, you can delete unnecessary files in a timely manner, and thanks to the selective cleaning function on a schedule, you can generally limit yourself to installing the application and its initial configuration.
Another program with similar functionality is Clean Master (also available in the Play Market). It does not clearly show the state of memory, but it does an excellent job of clearing the cache, unused files that have lost their relevance, ad junk and other not very useful elements. Also, the program does an excellent job of unloading active applications and freeing up RAM.
With this application, you can effectively find “trash” on the device and customize the places where you need to look for it.
First of all, in order to unload the device, it is worth cleaning the memory, which is responsible for storing temporary data, namely, the operative one. It accumulates data from applications running in the background, as well as those programs that are running simultaneously to work with them. A large number of these files, which can also be called a cache, create errors in the display of running applications, increase battery consumption and lead to strong heating of the phone.
Many Samsung smartphones have built-in RAM cleaning functions that work automatically. However, in some cases, you may need to force termination of processes and close programs. This can be done using the device settings, in the “Applications” tab. In the list, you must select the desired application, by clicking on it to open an additional menu, where the user can choose from such actions as “Delete” and “Stop”. Using the second, you can temporarily disable the program. A number of models also have a button for working with the cache, with which you can clear it.
Another way to clean up RAM is to use special applications that stop all unnecessary and unused processes. These include:
- Advanced Task Manager;
- Auto Task Killer;
- Super Toolbox.
They are distinguished by a simple and intuitive interface and complete safety for the device.
How to Clear Memory on Android Samsung?
Let’s take a closer look at each of the possible methods. It’s worth starting with the capabilities of the phone itself: in a number of Samsung smartphones there is an engineering menu that helps to solve a number of tasks without obtaining root rights (superuser rights). To determine the presence or absence of such an opportunity for a particular device, you need to enter the call application, enter the symbolic-numeric code # and tap the call button. If nothing happens or an error message is displayed, then the engineering menu on this smartphone is not active.
If the menu window has opened, then in it you must select the line “Delete dumpstate / logcat”. After activating it, you need to confirm the action and then exit. The device may not work correctly for the first 5-15 minutes or even reboot, but this does not entail any negative consequences, since this is a side effect of the memory cleaning process.
The next step is to clear cache and cookies on your Samsung phone, including browsers. Regardless of the type of browser program, the algorithm of actions will be the same (minor differences may be in the names of certain sections):
- You must be logged into the browser app;
- Call up the menu by pressing three dots;
- Enter the history section and select the “Clear” line;
- Mark all suggested items;
- Correct the range of time for which the deletion should be carried out;
- Tap on the “Delete data” button and confirm the action.
This manipulation can also delete saved names, logins and passwords on sites, if you do not uncheck the corresponding box.
The next way to increase Samsung memory is to eliminate unnecessary applications, but it is worth doing it according to a certain algorithm.
- Through the settings of the smartphone, you must enter the applications section.
- Select outdated programs from the list. Click on the application line.
- In the menu that opens, tap the “Clear data” button.
- After cleaning, the application can be deleted with the corresponding button.
- The final stage of removal is to clear the device cache.
This procedure takes some time, but it also allows you to think carefully about the liquidation process.
How to clear memory on Samsung using PC
Connecting your device to a PC is a great way to clear memory without lengthy steps or additional software. You can quickly clear the.thumbnails folder using your computer, and transfer all media to your PC, freeing up space on your phone.
First, let’s look at how to clean Samsung from the contents of a folder with thumbnails of images.
- First you need to connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- On the screen of the device, you must select the data transfer mode.
- Using the explorer on the PC, you need to find the “DCIM” section among the folders on the device.
- Find the folder “.thumbnails” in the section and enter it.
- Select all content and delete.
If this is done very rarely (or not at all), this folder can accumulate up to several GB of data. Eliminating them will immediately significantly speed up your smartphone.
The next way to increase storage space on Android Samsung is to transfer all unnecessary data from device to PC. To do this, you also need to connect your smartphone to your computer via a USB cable and allow data transfer. Next, you need to find in the device folders all those that contain images, video and audio. these can be messenger folders with the corresponding names, as well as the already familiar DCIM folder, sections in the documents Photo, Video, Audio, Images and others.
Next, the contents of these folders must be cut and pasted into a convenient folder on your computer. By the way, it is much more convenient to watch images from the PC screen and select really worthwhile.
Connecting cloud storage on your Samsung phone is also a good solution. Most often, to work with the Android OS, a Google account is used and, accordingly, the Google cloud, but you can use any other. To upload files to the cloud, you must enter the storage application, select “New object” and “Upload”. Then all that remains is to select the files you need, give them a name and determine the order of access to them. This data can be deleted from the device.
How to clear memory on Samsung phone
With prolonged and intensive use of the phone, malfunctions may appear at some point. Slowdown and freezing of the device, refusal to download or send new media files, inability to install new applications, self-exiting programs and much more. This is due to the filling of memory with cache, various files, including those left after uninstalling applications or updating the operating system, programs and other elements. You can fix the situation by clearing the memory in the phone.
How to Clear All Cache on Samsung?
How to clear the cache of your apps on a Samsung smartphone
In the list of all applications, find the one you need and clear the cache by clicking the corresponding button. Now, to delete the cache of all available programs, go to the “Memory” section and tap on the “Cached data” item, and then confirm the cleaning by clicking “OK”.
How to clear all cache on Android?
To do this, turn off your device, then press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons until your phone turns on again. If this does not work, the combination of buttons may differ on your device. refer to the user documentation if necessary.
How to clear cache on Samsung Galaxy J7?
How to clear app cache on Galaxy J7
- Turn on your Galaxy J7.
- Go to Settings Application Manager
- Select the app for which you want to clear the cache
- Once you have selected an application, look for the application information screen
- Select Clear Cache
How to clear cache on Samsung S10?
Ways to Clear Cache on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus
- Open smartphone settings.
- Go to the “Applications” section.
- Select the required program.
- Open the item “Memory”.
- Press the button “Clear cache”.
How to clear cache on Samsung a71?
Firstly, press and hold the power button for a short time, then double-tap on the restart menu. When the screen turns off, press the Power Volume Up button until the Samsung Galaxy logo appears. Now release all buttons and in the next menu select “Clear Cache Partition”.
How to clear cache on Android 10?
Follow the steps below how to do it.
- Open application settings.
- Click Applications.
- Click Advanced Options (optional).
- Select Show system apps.
- Select an application.
- Click Storage.
- Click Clear Cache.
Google Files to clean and store data from a Samsung smartphone
Another convenient way to delete unnecessary memory on Samsung is to use external applications. In addition to the “Clean Master” we have already mentioned, we recommend that you draw the reader’s attention to the “Google Files” application.
Use the Google Files app
|Memory cleaning.||Easily frees up space on your mobile.|
|Cloud Integration.||Saves the files you need in the cloud to free up space on your device.|
|Data control.||Checks the amount of storage on Samsung to determine the amount of free space|
|Intelligent analysis.||Makes recommendations for what files to delete on Samsung.|
|Automatic search.||Finds the files you need quickly on your device.|
|Work offline.||Shares files without internet connection.|
Store your files in the cloud using Google Files
How to Clear Cookies in Android Smartphone?
Working with the application is simple and straightforward, and will not create difficulties even for a beginner. Install the application, after which it will analyze the contents of your phone and give you the result. All you have to do is click on the “Free Up” button, and you can increase the free memory on Samsung.
Free up space on your phone with Google Files
Removing unnecessary content
To view text, media and documents, your Samsung smartphone has a folder called My Files. It acts as an explorer on a Windows PC.
To remove all unnecessary information, you need to do a few manipulations.
- Open the folder (it is often located in the Samsung directory), and select the “Device memory” item in the list.
- When folders appear on the screen, select the ones with the largest size. To do this, select the object and in the menu (three points at the top of the screen on the right) select the line “Properties” (information).
- Having selected all the necessary elements, you should click “Options”, and click on the option “Move” (or “Delete”).
Saving data from phone to PC to free up memory space
The functionality of Samsung phones allows you to expand your file storage by increasing the amount of memory on the SD card. At the same time, there are situations when the phone and SD card are crammed to capacity. Then instead of erasing your precious memories, we recommend moving them to another location.
For example, you can back up your phone data to your computer. To do this, connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. And transfer files stored on your phone (for example, photos or videos) to your PC’s hard drive. This will clear the memory on your Samsung phone.
Transfer your data from phone to PC
Clearing persistent memory
Read-only memory (ROM or ROM) is part of the internal memory of the gadget and is needed to store information about all processes that have ever been launched on the device: cache, accounts, photos, etc. This memory is not erased without the knowledge of the user and remains constant for a long time.
To clear the ROM, take the following steps:
- First of all, the “filling” of the gadget, initiated by the owner of the device, is analyzed. These are downloaded applications and various kinds of files: photos, videos, audio recordings, messages, etc. Some of the information can be saved automatically. For example, media files transferred via messengers (postcards, pictures, etc.), records of phone calls, temporary files. If some of this data is of no value, is duplicated and not used, you can safely delete it.
- Clean the cache regularly. To do this, the gadget has a built-in utility: “Settings” → “Memory” → “Cache data”.
- Delete data from the.thumbnails folder. Thumbnails (snaps) of images from the gallery are loaded here to increase browsing speed. You can clear the data on the device itself: “Service” → “My files” → “Device memory” → DCIM →.thumbnails, as well as by connecting the smartphone to the computer via a USB cable.
In addition, Android applications allow you to clean the ROM:
- Clean Master;
- History eraser.
Adding a memory card
If there is nothing to delete from the internal memory of the gadget, and there is not enough free space, external storage devices, for example, memory cards, are saved. Here you can transfer “heavy” files such as long videos, collections of audio recordings, photos.
When choosing a flash card, pay attention to the following characteristics:
How to Delete Cookies & Cache on Android phone. Very Easy
- Format: microSD, microSDHC or microSDXC. They differ in the amount of memory (the most powerful SDXC. up to 2 TB) and the required slot (connector).
- Write speed. indicated on the front side of the card in the form of a number inscribed in the letter “C” or “U”. For example, to shoot video in Full HD 1080p, you need a speed of 10 MB / s (class 10).
To transfer data to the card, you need to enter the built-in file manager: “Service” → “My files”. Select the appropriate folder or file, click “Change”, then “Move” and in the dialog box select “Memory card”.
Applications can perform the same operation:
- Root Explorer;
- File Explorer.
How to increase free memory space on Android by clearing unnecessary data
How to clean the phone using the engineering menu
This method is considered extremely convenient because it does not require ROOT rights. However, it is not available in all Samsung smartphones. To find out if this device supports a similar function, follow these steps.
- Call the engineering menu by entering the code # in the dialing line and press the button in the form of a green tube.
- In the window that opens, select the line “Delete dumpstate / logcat”.
If no changes occurred after activating the option, then the function is not supported by the device, and you should use another method.
Replacing the memory card
We can just get a larger microSD card. Modern smartphones usually support 128GB drives. With such a volume of storage, there should not be a lack of space.
Important! Many smartphones have a combo slot. This means that we can install either a 2nd SIM or a microSD card in the second slot. Have to prioritize correctly.
Brief summary: Memory shortages can be easily remedied by deleting temporary and useless files. If you want to save all the data, we can simply install a more capacious USB flash drive. If a lot of data from your phone is outdated, it makes sense to transfer everything you need to your computer and format your smartphone. Factory reset frees up the most space.