How To Clear Cache On Iphone 5
The peculiarity of the iPhone is that the size of its memory cannot be changed by installing microSD cards. For this reason, if you purchased a smartphone with a small internal memory, you may need to clear the cache. Let’s figure out how to clear the cache on the iPhone of different versions.
Free up memory with settings
Unlike Android smartphones, iOS automatically copes with the problem of a clogged cache. The system analyzes the free space in its memory, and then removes excess data. This happens without user intervention. The system first gets rid of the cache and temporary files, and then removes application elements, streaming music and. If the lack of free space is saved, the user will see a message about this on the screen.
If automatic cleaning is not enough for you, then you need to do it yourself. Here is an instruction on how to clear the cache on the iPhone using the standard settings:
- Go to the main settings section and click on the “Storage” line.
- You will see a graphical listing of file types (for iOS 10) or a list of them. The cache belongs to the “Other” section and is grayed out in the graphs.
- The second part of the “Storage” section is more interesting. it contains recommendations for smartphone users. They may offer you: transfer the photo to iCloud, clear the folder of recently deleted files, automatically download data from unused programs (while your documents and user settings will be saved).
- Select the recommendations you agree to free up space on your device’s memory.
If you agree with all the offers of the system, then you can free up more than 700 MB at a time. Now you know the easiest way to clear the cache on iPhone 5 or other models.
We clear the browser
If you often use a smartphone for Internet surfing, you need to be able to clear the cache of not only applications, but also browsers. In this case, you must follow the instructions:
- go to settings and go down to the bottom in the “Storage” tab;
- Find your browser in the list of applications, for example, Safari and click on it;
- Scroll the menu to the line “Site Data” and click on it;
- you will see a list of cached files whose names match the names of sites;
- Now you need to go to the editing menu using the “Change” button.
You have several options for clearing the cache on iPhone 6 or another model in the browser:
- Selectively clear the list by clicking on the red sign on the left.
- Delete individual entries by swiping them to the left.
- Clear the browser cache completely using the button at the bottom of the “Delete All” list.
If you do not have the “Delete” button, you must first call up the display of all files recorded in memory.
Clearing Program Cache
Some online games give errors or freeze due to incorrectly recorded files. You can get rid of this by freeing up device memory. If you are looking for a way to clear the game cache on iPhone, then apply this instruction:
- In the general settings, scrolling through the screen to the end opens a list of installed applications.
- Open the options for the program that you want to reset the cache.
- At the top you will see a list of application accesses, and at the bottom you can change the settings.
- Next to the line “Clear cache” you will see a switch. If you move it to the active position, the program itself will begin to clean up after itself the residual files. At the same time, it will start loading a little longer, but you will have more free space in your memory.
This instruction, how to clear the cache on iPhone 7 or any other model, will allow you to significantly save memory space. You can use it not only for games, but also for other applications.
We clear the message memory and set the retention period
Most smartphone users communicate actively in messengers, but messages in them can accumulate over the years and weigh quite a lot. The chance that you need correspondence is too small, so you should set the optimal settings. You can clear the data using the settings in the application itself. Here is the algorithm:
- Go to the application and go to settings.
- Select Data Storage.
- Click on the line where the total size of the stored data is indicated.
- If you use the Whats App, you will see a list of contacts and the amount of memory occupied by chats with them. You can delete all data or only selective. To do this, click on the contact icon and remove the markers from the types of files that need to be left in the device’s memory. Or you can delete everything, but unlike other messengers, the cache is deleted in this application along with messages.
- If you are a Telegram user, then you can also clear the cache and local storage. But in this case, all your chats will remain untouched, and media files can again be loaded into the device’s memory. Also here you can configure the storage period for graphic messages, after which they will be automatically deleted from the cache.
Now you know how to clear the Watsapp cache on iPhone. You can do the same with other messengers. They don’t need such actions on the part of the user of the social networking application, after the latest updates they stopped filling the cache.
What applications will help get rid of extra files?
There are several applications, free and paid, that will help you get rid of unnecessary files automatically. They should not be used often, but they will help to remove the cache even of those applications that are not cleared using the system. But be careful, read the warnings so as not to erase important data.
This application has a special Junk tab that allows you to erase data. You need to do the following:
- click on the Clean Up Cache button;
- Select the applications whose cache you want to get rid of;
- carry out cleaning.
It is worth resorting to the help of this program only if the iPhone cannot cope with the task of cleaning itself and the device memory is full.
This application is installed on the computer to which you connect your device. In iTunes, you can only see the memory status of your device, and in this program, perform an automatic cleaning. After installing the program, connect the device to the computer and do the following:
- Choose the cleaning option that suits you best, for example, App Cache to delete temporary files;
- then scan the device by clicking Start Scan;
- wait until the program detects the cache and click the Clean button.
This program can be used often, since it does not interfere with system applications. It only removes what really interferes with your device.
Now you know all the basic ways to clear the cache on iPhone 8 and other models of your Apple device. If after using all the methods of memory it is still not enough, then you can simply delete the application. To do this, click on its icon and hold your finger for several seconds until a cross appears in the upper left corner. To uninstall the application you need to click on this cross. Share this article with your friends so that they can clear the memory of their device. If you have any difficulties or want to share your ways to deal with the cache, then write us comments.