How to Check Iphone for Originality When Purchasing
Check iPhone by name and serial number.
When buying an iPhone with your hands you need to be extremely careful. Fraudsters try to sell various kinds of fakes on the secondary market, without checking which there is a chance to stay with nothing. How to check the iPhone by name and serial number on the official Apple website was described in this manual.
How to find out the iPhone serial number
? In order to get additional information about the iPhone, we need the serial number of the device. You can get it in various ways, for example, look at the back cover of the device (or on the SIM card tray in older models), but the easiest way is to go to the settings.
Step 1. Go to the menu “Settings » → “Basic “.
Step 2. Select “About the device. “
Step 3. Find the line “Serial number“. It also shows the serial number of the iPhone.
We got the serial number, it remains only to check it on the Apple website.
How to check iPhone by serial number on Apple official website
Step 1. Go to the special page on the Apple website to check the iPhone by serial number (link)
Step 2. Enter the serial number of the iPhone in the field and click “Continue“.
Step 3. Wait for the results page to load and review the information received.
? What gives iPhone serial number verification
What information does this page know?
1. You make sure that the iPhone is truly original. If the Apple verification service has identified the iPhone, then it is 100% original.
2. The exact iPhone model is determined. Very often in the secondary market fraudsters try to sell iPhone 6 under the guise of iPhone 6s, iPhone 7 under the guise of iPhone 8, etc. They rely on inexperienced buyers. On the Apple website, it will definitely become clear which iPhone model you have in your hands.
3. Warranty status is being specified. The Apple service accurately answers the question of whether the warranty is valid on the iPhone. Often, unscrupulous sellers cheat on a guarantee. They say that the official guarantee for the smartphone is still valid, although in fact it is not. A quick check through the Apple website and you all know.
4. Verified purchase date verified. And no less important, the service allows you to make sure that the iPhone is purchased officially, not stolen. This is a very important point, as the confirmed purchase date will allow you to contact Apple support for any questions.
How to check iPhone by IMEI
How to learn IMEI on iPhone? Elementary. To do this, just enter the command “Phone” # 06 #. IMEI will instantly appear on the screen:
This is how the IMEI of the iPhone is displayed after entering the command # 06 #
If the iPhone is packed, you can see the IMEI on the package:
IMEI is found, now it remains to break through it and find out more information. You can do this using the following services:
Just go to one of the listed sites and enter the IMEI of the smartphone in the verification field. Verification is completed in just a few seconds.
? What does the iPhone check by name give?
1. IPhone status determined: stolen or not. The main thing that IMEI verification shows is the status of the device. If the iPhone is lost or stolen by its real owner, then the check will warn about this. An iPhone, which is considered lost or stolen, is by no means necessary to be bought. Only if for parts.
The result of punching iPhone IMEI. We see that the smartphone is already without a guarantee, but is not stolen or lost
2. The country of purchase is determined. IMEI identifies the exact iPhone model number. It is necessary in order to check for sale in which country the smartphone is intended.
Model number allows you to find out where iPhone
3. The status of the Find iPhone feature is shown.. Also, an IMEI check allows you to find out whether the “Find iPhone” function is currently enabled on the iPhone. If it is enabled, then the seller must be asked to definitely log out of his iCloud account.
Put 5 stars at the bottom of the article if you like this topic. Follow us on Telegram, VKontakte, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Viber, Zen, YouTube.
How to check iPhone for authenticity on Apple?
This method is the most suitable, because for its application you do not even need to print the box and remove the device itself. Follow the instructions:
Step 1. Find the serial number of the device on the package. It should be located on the back of the box between the IMEI and the batch number (Part No.). The serial number consists of 11 or 12 characters (numbers and letters).
If the iPhone is printed and activated, check the “serial” on the packaging and in the device settings (path “Settings”-“The main”-“About this device”).
Step 2 Go to the website http://www.Apple.com/en/ and in the upper right corner select the tab “Support”.
Step 3. Scroll down and find the block “Warranty & Repair”. Here you need to follow the link “Warranty Status Check”.
Step 4. Enter the serial number of the device in a special window, then enter the captcha code.
After entering the data, click “Continue”. If you entered the number incorrectly, the system displays the following message:
After entering the serial correctly activated IPhone you will see this screen:
Pay attention to the checkmark in the green field opposite the item “Valid Acquisition Date”- it is she who confirms that the gadget is original. The remaining items are devoted to the international warranty for the device, which has a duration of 1 year from the date of purchase, and the right to a free consultation by phone. This right can be used by the iPhone owner for 3 months. As you can see, using the service you can establish not only the authenticity of the device, but also the approximate period of use of the gadget (more than 3 months, more than a year). In our case, the warranty has already expired, so the system offers only paid handling.
If iPhone is still not activated, you will see an exclamation mark in the yellow box and the signature “You must confirm the date of purchase product”.
The fact that the service found this device in the database, but did not give an error, confirms the originality of the gadget.
Please note: if the serial number of the gadget starts with a combination of “5K”, then in front of you is the iPhone of the Refurbished category, that is, repaired by the manufacturer or seller. Refurbished iPhone can not be called completely new despite the fact that the repair is usually of high quality and that Apple gives a full guarantee for such a device.
How to check whether the original iPhone or not, by IMEI?
Checking for originality is also carried out through IMEI iPhone. There are several ways to find the IMEI number:
Find on the packaging with a barcode. IMEI is lower than the serial number.
Find on the tray under the SIM card.
Through the “Settings” of the gadget. The path the user needs to go through is “Settings”-“The main”-“About this device”.
Through a combination. Just dial # 06 # and the IMEI number will appear on the screen.
IMEY consists of 15 digits. Letter characters do not occur.
You can verify the authenticity of the gadget by IMEI using two services:
International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI).
Actually, the site of the international identifier itself is available at www.Imei.Info. To check, enter the 15-digit number in the “Enter IMEI”.
After entering the number, click “Check“. Information about the iPhone will appear on the screen.
If this information is not enough for you, click the “Read “- a full description of the device’s functionality will appear, accompanied by a photo and 3D animation.
Important: when registering on the site www.Imei.Info through the mailbox, check the Spam folder. Most likely, the letter with the offer to activate the account will be there.
This service allows you to check how high-quality the hardware of the smartphone being tested is. As a rule, “clandestine” manufacturers use the lowest-grade components. Service CNDeepInfo is universal and is suitable for checking not only iPhone, but also gadgets of other brands.
Enter the IMEI number in the box and click the “Verify”. The result of the check will consist of several parts. First part. Certificate.
If you want to know more about what information the certificate gives, click on the round button with the letter “i”. In the figure it is circled in red.
A certificate in the form of a banner can be inserted into other resources. Click “HTML code to embed on sites and forums”, And all sorts of links and codes will be available to you:
A link, for example, to an image of a certificate, an iPhone seller can place in an advertisement for sale. This will increase the degree of trust of potential buyers.
The second block is “Decoding IMEI”.
From this block it becomes clear that the whole IMEY can be divided into 3 components:
- TAC Number. Describes the model and origin of the phone (8 first digits) Gadget serial number. Is unique for each device (6 subsequent digits) Check digit. The 15th figure in a row, allowing you to check the correctness of all previous ones. The check digit is calculated by the algorithm “Moon»- you can familiarize yourself with this algorithm here.
There are no two phones with the same IMEI numbers.
The third block is “Detailed information”.
Alas, detailed information is not available with a free scan. After clicking on the “Get information»You will be offered to pay.
If you scroll down the page with the results of the scan, you will find the button “Add to the list of lost or stolen. ”
If you lose the gadget, you should use this particular button. So you complicate the task of selling the phone to an attacker.
Checking iPhone by serial number and IMEI is better if you buy a sealed gadget. It is unlikely that the seller will agree to open the package just so that you look at the smartphone. But when buying an iPhone with hands without a box and documents, it is very important to pay attention to visual inspection. The typical signs of Chinese fakes are described here.