How to change the ringtone on your iPhone
How to change the iPhone alarm clock ringtone and volume. Repair in St. Petersburg
If you have a phone, you probably start an electronic alarm clock on it. A simple procedure, but for some iPhone owners it has a number of unexplained points. The most common questions. how to change the ringtone and adjust the volume of the alarm ringtone on your iPhone, so it does not scare in the morning?
Diagnostics for FREE. Caller ID: 7 (812) 953-94-11, 7 (921) 984-75-12 (Kamennoostrovsky Prospekt, 42, m. Petrogradskaya)
How to change the default iPhone ringtone
To select a ringtone for all incoming calls, it is necessary to go to the Settings → Sounds, tactile signals → Ringtone and just tick the box next to the desired composition.
Here you can also set the sound that will accompany incoming messages and notifications, as well as select the type of vibration.
How to change iPhone ringtone for a specific contact
If you get a lot of calls every day, you may need the ability to distinguish who is calling based on nothing more than the ringtone. So, you don’t even need to look at the iPhone screen to see who’s calling.
Luckily, iOS makes it easy to set up custom ringtones for each contact. But remember, for this method, you’ll need the phone number of a contact already saved in the Contacts app on iOS.
Once you do that, here’s how to set a ringtone for an individual contact:
- Open the Contacts app.
- Tap the contact you want to set your own ringtone for.
- Press Edit on the Contacts screen.
- Tap the “Tone” field (for now, it should be “Default” there).
- On the “Tone Text” screen that appears, scroll down to the RINGTONS heading.
- Under the heading “Ringtones,” scroll through dozens of different ringtones. You can tap on each one to listen to a preview of the sound effect, which is repeated twice.
- After testing the different ringtones, you choose the one you like by tapping on it. The tune will play again, and a blue checkmark will appear in front of its name. This means that this is now your ringtone of choice.
And once again, that’s it! Now when that contact calls, you’ll hear a customizable ringtone for them.
Setting up ringtones for individual contacts is actually pretty fun and useful. The disadvantage, of course, is that you have to do it manually for each contact for whom you want to set your own ringtone. But most of us have at most a few dozen friends and family members, so even then, if you set your own ringtones for 20 people, it won’t take you long to make them all.
Using iRinger and iTunes
The problem of changing the ringtone can be solved by using the iTunes media library as well as a program called iRinger. To get started, the person is encouraged to visit Apple’s official website and download iTunes.
It is worth noting that only the service of downloading content is paid, but not the use of media library itself. iRinger is also available for free.
- After installing iRinger, one should enter the “iPhone Ringtones” section and add the melodies he or she likes.
- After that press the button with a lightning image (“Import”) and write the path to the desired folder. It should be noted that files should be in wav and mp3 format.
- Then select the track and click “Open”. The selected melody is converted into the format that can be recognized by the iOS device. You can check the result using the “Preview” option.
- The next step is to press the button with the note image “Export” ? “Go”. After that the directory where all ringtones will be saved appears in the user folder.
- It is worth specifying that a person can add only one melody at a time. If the user wants to save several melodies, he/she should do all that again.
- After following the steps above, the person should launch iTunes and look for “Ringtones” in the media library section. Browse for the “iPhone Ringtones” folder you previously created, and add it.
- Then go to “Devices,” select the name of your smartphone, and check “Sync Ringtones.
- Take the device, go to the settings, and then to the items “Ringing” and “Sounds”, where the updated list of ringtones will be located. You can now set them to your ringtone.
Installation without using a computer
If the user does not want to buy a ringtone and is not able to use a computer, but still wants to put his ringtone on the iPhone, it will be necessary to resort to several third-party applications, which will help to do everything directly from the smartphone.
First, you have to download the application, and you can do this in the AppStore. After launching, click on look, and then click on the loop.
In the window that appears, select the music section and click on the desired song.
You need to move the song to the right to add it to the app.
Next, let’s move on to editing. Here you will be able to cut the desired piece of the track.
Then click on the down arrow and choose My Songs.
Now you need to click on your song, click on the ringtone, then specify its name and click on export.
After exporting you will be able to use the track.
This method does require a computer, but you do not need to have iTunes on it.
You will first need to start Waltr. connect your iPhone and drag the song to it in M4R format.
Then you will have to wait for a while to complete the transfer.
That’s pretty much it. The selected track is added to your phone as a ringtone, you can now play it as a ringtone.
Our iPhone ringtone is as relevant as ever, because changing the ringtone brings a bit of variety to our daily life. So the other day I decided to create a new melody and put it on my iPhone, but it turned out that the updated iTunes has a small change in the interface, which made it a bit difficult. If you make and install ringtones in outdated versions of iTunes, read the instructions here. ” “. Well, we’re going to figure it out in version 12 of Tunz.
For convenience, the instruction was made of two sections:
Now, on your computer, search for our MP3 music file and drag it to the song library (3).
Our music file appeared in the iTunes library. Now right click on it and choose. Details (4).
In the window that will open, look for “Settings”. Set it to start at 0:00 and end at 0:30 and press OK. Thus, the length of our ringtone for the iPhone will be 30 seconds. Tried making a 3 minute ringtone, iTunes didn’t pass, gave the following:
“The ringtone was not copied to the iPhone because its duration is too long.”.
Therefore, 30 seconds is the best option.
Highlight our music track by clicking on the file in iTunes with your mouse, the track will be highlighted in blue. Now look for the tab:
I don’t know why Apple has hidden this feature so far away. it was easier in the past. we right-clicked on the file and converted it, but now the path for the conversion is a bit longer.
In a couple of seconds we get our 30-second file, with the same name as the original file. Right-click on this 30-second ringtone and select. Show in Windows Explorer (Show in Finder, Mac OS users click).
A new window will open and we’ll see our ringtone, but it’s still in M4A format, so let’s rename the M4A extension to the M4R extension. If you have trouble renaming an extension, or the extension does not show up, check out the instructions. ” “.
If iTunes does not feel comfortable creating ringtones, you can use the following services and programs:
After that you can use the second part of the instructions to synchronize these ringtones to your Apple iPhone.
Putting the ringtone on the iPhone
Renamed melody in M4R format is our created ringtone for iPhone. In fact, the ringtone is ready, now you need to put it into the iPhone by syncing.
Using the mouse, grab the prepared M4R-file, pull it into iTunes and release it directly into the program. It is desirable to move the ringtone to a folder of your choice (and then pull it into iTunes) because it may be useful in the future. There is another way you can add ringtones to iTunes
To make sure that the M4R ringtone was successfully added to iTunes, do the following: at the top of the program, where you had the “Music” section, click and choose “Sounds”. If there is no “Sounds” section, then in the same context menu, from the bottom, press “Edit menu”, check “Sounds” and press Done.
Let me tell you right away: this method does not work with the songs purchased from iTunes. But if you purchased the track on Bandcamp or SoundCloud, it’s fine.
Open iTunes and drop your song of choice in. After that, right-click on the track and choose “Song Details”. After that, under “Options” select any piece of the song not more than 30 seconds long:
Click on “OK” and convert the song to AAC. You can do this by going to “File” “Convert”:
After that, you will get an abridged version of your song. Right-click it and choose “Show in Finder” (“Show in Explorer” if you are using Windows).
Then go back to iTunes and delete that “stump” of a song from it, but leave the file in place. Open the Finder folder where you have the converted shortened version of your favorite song. It will be in the format.m4a. Rename it so that the resolution of the track is in.m4r:
After that, connect your iPhone to your computer and in iTunes go to the sync menu of the device. On the left you will find “Sounds”. Simply drag and drop your file into.m4r:
How to install a custom tune on your iPhone without using a computer?
To perform this installation, you will need to download two applications from the App Store service and install them on your iPhone device:
- Installing a browser that has the ability to control downloads. An example of such a browser is Aloha Browser, used on iPhone devices.
- Apple’s GarageBand app for music.
- Once the listed apps are installed, you can search for and download tunes. To download, you must find and use any Internet resource, which has the ability to download ringtones and songs with browsers.
Once you have finished downloading the necessary ringtones to your device, you will need to do a few actions:
- Open the download menu and select “Modify” (upper right corner).
- Select the item to change, then the downloaded file you want and click “Share.
- A window will open in which you must choose “Save Files”, then open the folder and click on “Add”.
- GarageBand is required to convert the downloaded song to a ringtone.
- Once converted, the ringtone will be in the common list and you can.
Knowing how to properly change the ringtone on your iPhone, you can without much trouble use your favorite ringtones for each contact separately.