How to Change the Language on a Chinese Phone
For some reason unknown to me in Microsoft Windows 10, the process of changing the language of the operating system interface is very complicated. When I wanted to change the system language from Russian to English, I ran into certain difficulties. For example, when you open the item Regional Settings in the Control Panel:
I saw a list of keyboard layout languages (English, Ukrainian, Russian), and there was a note next to the Russian layout that it was the system language. At the same time, there was a note next to the Ukrainian and English layouts that language packs were not available. If you click the Options button next to each of the languages, the form that opens does not give any possibility to change the system language anyway. Other standard ways to change the system language that worked perfectly in widows xp, windows 7 and windows 8. in the top ten did not work. over, if you try to download the desired language pack for Windows 10 from the official Microsoft website, then nothing will come of it, because they simply are not on the official website.
So what to do?
How can I change the system language in windows 10?
Here is a simple method I tested:
1. Open Control panel.
2. Go to the section Control Panel \ All Control Panel Items \ Language \ Advanced settings
3. In the form that opens, in the very top selection list, your current system language is indicated. Instead, select Use a list of languages (recommended) / Use language list (recommended). Press button Save / Save.
4. After that, return to the previous form. Near the name of the language for which you want to download the language pack, there is a button on the right Parameters / Options. Click on her.
5. On the form that opens, after you have completed step 3 of this instruction, the item will appear. Download and install the language pack / Download and install language pack. for the language that you want to activate as the system language of Windows 10. Click on this link.
6. Basically, that’s all. At this step, Windows will start downloading the language pack, after which it will install it on the system and make it the default interface language.
These are the kind of dances with a tambourine that must be done to change the interface language in windows 10. For some reason, until done step 3, then on step 5 there will be no opportunity to download a new language pack of the system.
How to change the system language in the version of Windows 10 Home Single Language
If you have an operating system version installed on your computer Windows 10 Home Single Language, this means that only one language pack is preinstalled in the system according to the license you purchased. Therefore, in this assembly of Windows, the function of changing the system language is not provided at all. But changing the language even in the Single Language version is also possible. To do this, try the following steps:
1. Follow the appropriate link below, depending on the bit depth of your operating system (32 or 64 bits), and download the language pack you need lp.cab. Copy it, for example, to the root of the disk FROM (i.e., path = C: \ lp.cab):
Windows 10 x64 (Build 10240):
Windows 10 x86 (Build 10240):
- en-US: English download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2015/07/lp_41877260829bb5f57a52d3310e326c6828d8ce8f.cab
- ru-RU: Russian download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2015/07/lp_280bf97bbe34cec1b0da620fa1b2dfe5bdb3ea07.cab
- uk-UA: Ukrainian download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/updt/2015/07/lp_41cd48aa22d21f09fbcedc69197609c1f05f433d.cab
2. On behalf of the administrator, run the CMD command prompt. To do this, press the keyboard shortcut on the keyboard Winx and in the window that appears on the left of the screen, click on the item Command Promt (Admin). At a command prompt, run the following commands one after another:
2.1 Installing a new language pack:
dism / Online / Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\lp.cab
2.2. List of installed languages in the system:
dism / Online / Get-Packages
In the case of the version of Windows 10 Home Single Language, in the list find the language that was originally installed in the system that you want to remove and that starts with the text Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package-. Remember the identifier of this language (field Package identity), it will be useful to you in the next step. The main thing is not to confuse it with the language pack that you installed in step 2.1.
2.3 Removing the original language pack:
dism / Online / Remove-Package / PackageName: Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack-Package
Just do not forget in this command after / PackageName: indicate your language system package that you calculated in step 2.2.
On this procedure is over, you successfully changed the system language in Windows 10 Home Single Language.