How to Cast from iPhone to Samsung TV
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV Wirelessly
It’s much easier to connect your iPhone to a TV or monitor than with a device from another brand. Apple offers a proprietary adapter that allows you to connect your smartphone to any display device. The adapter is compatible with all modern iPhones and iPads with Lightning, and TVs, monitors or projectors equipped with HDMI.
So as not to buy anything and not get tangled in cables, you can connect your iPhone to a Samsung (as well as LG) TV wirelessly. True, it is worth making a reservation that we are talking only about modern models produced since 2018. Supported Samsung TVs of the following series:
- Series 4, 5, 6, 7.8 (2018 and newer);
- QLED Q6, Q7, Q8, Q9;
LG’s list of compatible models includes OLED, UM6X, UM7X and NanoCell series devices. These TVs support AirPlay 2 technology and can connect to iPhone wirelessly.
How to connect iPhone to Samsung TV
To connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV and use it as a wireless display, follow these simple steps:
How to: Cast any video from iOS to your Samsung TV
- Connect your Samsung TV to Wi-Fi.
- Press the “Source” button on the TV remote control.
- Select “Mirroring”, “Screen mirroring” or similar item from the list.
- Open the switch shade (Control Center) on iPhone.
- Select the Screen Repeat option.
- Wait for the search for your TV, select it in the list.
- The connection security code appears on the TV screen, which must be entered on the iPhone.
Connecting iPhone to LG TVs is done in the same way as to Samsung. The difference lies only in the peculiarities of the choice of the source: there the items may have other names.
By connecting to a TV, you can mirror any information displayed on the iPhone to the screen. If you do not want to duplicate the display, but rather play some specific content (for example, a clip or audio recording), use the AirPlay button displayed in compatible applications. In this case, you can continue to use the iPhone as usual while the TV is streaming video or playing music.
Compatibility of technology Miracast and “apple” phone
Modern Miracast technology is also used to transfer images from the phone to the big screen TV Samsung is also used to mirror. mirror the iPhone screen. At the same time, not only individual photos and videos are displayed on the TV, but also all actions taking place on the display of the gadget.
The main condition for such a connection is the presence of a built-in or external Wi-Fi adapter that supports Miracast in both devices. Unfortunately, to date, no Apple product supports this technology yet. Therefore, this type of iPhone connection to a TV is not yet possible.
DLNA, MiraCast and AirPlay technologies to connect iPhone to TV
The first way to connect your iPhone to your Samsung Smart TV is to use one of the following communications: DLNA, Miracast, or AirPlay. Almost all modern Samsung models are equipped with one of these options by the manufacturer.
Therefore, to select the appropriate technology for pairing devices, we look at the characteristics of the TV.
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV to Display Image or Video
Despite the fact that Apple phones have stunning displays, it is sometimes more convenient to watch the contents of the gadget on a large monitor. This is interesting for all those iPhone owners who want to show their friends photos and videos from their vacation; launch a mobile game, browser page, movie on the TV screen; hold a business presentation, etc.
Let’s consider the solution to this issue using the example of how to connect an iPhone to a Samsung Smart TV using wires without wi-fi and using wireless technologies.
What is DLNA and how it works
Digital Living Network Alliance or DLNA technology is perhaps the most widespread type of connection among the new Samsung models. It is a set of standards thanks to which compatible devices over the Internet network transmit. receive media content (photos, videos, YouTube videos, music), and broadcast it in real time.
To broadcast images from iPhone to Samsung TV via DLNA, follow these steps:
- On the iPhone from the AppStore, you need to download and install a third-party specialized application (for example, “TV Assist” (direct download link https://apps.Apple.com/ua/app/TV-assist/id760661078?l=ru), “iMediaShare “Or others.).
- Launch the application.
- Open the desired tab through the main screen: “Photos”, “Music”, “Browser” or “Files”.
- Select the desired media content.
- Next, the program will suggest possible devices for connection. Select Samsung.
- We receive the broadcast of the picture on TV.
- In the application “TV Assist” through the “Paints” tab, you can independently create inscriptions or drawings, and broadcast them to the screen.
Note! To connect an iPhone to a Samsung TV using the aforementioned DLNA technology, both devices must be on the same local network. Otherwise, they may not see each other.
You can also use the Twonky Beam app:
- Download (https://twonky-beam.soft112.com/) and install the selected program.
- Open application settings by clicking on the corresponding sign in the upper left corner.
- Activate the function “Show or hide the visual indications” by clicking on it with the mouse.
- Go to the main page of the utility.
- Open browser.
- Find and open the desired photo or video file.
- Open an additional menu in the application by clicking on the strip on the right side of the window.
- Turn on the TV.
- Next, specify the name and model of TV in the program.
- Open additional menu again.
- Play video.
Note! This application can work in offline mode.
How to connect iPhone via AirPlay
An excellent counterpart to Miracast is Apple’s AirPlay or Screen Repeat technology. With this option, you can quickly and easily display any photo and video files on the TV screen, or duplicate the phone display in real time.
One of the conditions for such a connection is that the TV has built-in AirPlay support. Samsung has been producing such models since 2018; a series of TVs from the 4th and above, as well as ultramodern Samsung QLED.
The Apple TV set-top box will also help organize a wireless connection between iPhone and Samsung TV.
5 Ways to Screen Mirror iPhone to Samsung TV (No Apple TV Required)
It connects to the TV display using an HDMI cable, and is a kind of intermediary between the TV and the phone when transferring media content. The connection itself is also carried out through the “Screen Repeat”.
In order to activate it, you need to open the hidden iPhone panel, and activate Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection. If the Bluetooth connection is correct, a connection request will appear on the screens of both devices.
With a long swipe, open the bottom panel of the phone again, and click on the corresponding AirPlay icon. Select the Apple TV prefix from the list. Then activate the “AirPlay Mirroring” switch. If connected correctly, after a few seconds, the iPhone image will be displayed on the Samsung TV display.
Note! When using an Apple TV, it’s important to keep up with iOS updates on both devices. This will keep the image quality high.
Apple AirPlay. Connecting to a Samsung TV:
How to Mirror iPhone to Samsung Smart TV
Sometimes the question arises of how to connect a Samsung TV via an iPhone, if a Wi-Fi module was not yet provided in the old model. In this case, an HDMI cable connection is a good solution. It connects to the corresponding connector and is used to transmit a video signal to display a picture on a television screen.
This wired connection allows you to stream video files with the highest picture quality: from Full HD to Ultra HD 8K. Since there is no such connector on the iPhone itself, you will need to purchase a special adapter adapter. Its type depends on the model of the smartphone used:
How to Connect iPhone to Samsung TV?
The cable is connected to the corresponding connector, the other end is connected to the smartphone. After that, automatic synchronization starts, no additional settings need to be made. You will only need to manually complete the configuration if errors occur. In the TV menu, you need to specify the cable as the main input source for playback.
Using analog cables for connection
A rarer way to connect a smartphone is to use the VGA interface. With its help, you can connect old TV models to your smartphone, which do not yet have new types of connectors.
For such devices, you will need to purchase a Digital AV adapter for synchronization, as well as a VGA cable or AV cable. Connection is carried out according to the following instructions:
- The AV cable has three types of connectors: they differ in color for easy connection. The connectors are installed in the TV sockets with the corresponding markings.
- The other end of the wire through the adapter is connected to the smartphone.
- Additionally, a charger is connected via the Lightning connector, which is responsible for supplying the smartphone with energy in the process of synchronous work with the TV.
- Additionally, with such a connection, you will need to output an audio signal through a separate channel. To do this, you need to use a special connector, for example, MiniJack.
There is no need to install special applications if you connect your smartphone to the TV just for playing audio recordings. The devices are connected to each other using a standard audio cable, as a result, the audio signal is transmitted to the TV and played through its speakers. This will allow you to listen to your favorite music in high sound quality at an acceptable volume.
Connecting a smartphone to a TV via USB
Another common option is to connect your TV to your smartphone or iPad using a USB cable. A socket for it is present on almost every TV model, usually it is located on the back or side panel. The connection is as simple as possible: you need to connect the cable to the smartphone and to the TV, wait until the synchronization is complete.
However, the resulting connection cannot be used to display an image from the network online. Connecting via the USB port makes it possible to use the smartphone only as a storage device, on which you need to download the required files in advance in order to play them on the TV. Also, this option is suitable for viewing photos and videos that are filmed by the user using the camera.
You can try to get around this limitation using a special Jailbreak utility. it is installed from unofficial sources and opens access to the iPhone file system. As a result, the usability of the smartphone expands, but it is difficult to guarantee that it will work stably. When installing applications from unofficial sources, the user loses the right to service and repair the smartphone under warranty.
Many owners of TV sets without Smart TV functions are interested in whether the iPhone can be connected to a Samsung TV. Connecting a smartphone makes Internet TV available, that is, the ability to play video files on the screen online. Devices can be connected to each other in various ways: via WI-FI, via cables, special applications and set-top boxes. The choice of method depends on the TV model and its capabilities, as well as on the user’s readiness for additional costs. Let’s take a closer look at why and how to connect an iPhone to a Samsung TV.
Benefits of connecting a TV to a smartphone
Smart TV is a “smart” functionality that allows you to use the TV not only as a channel receiver, but also as a full-fledged computer through which you can go online, surf the Internet or watch any video. However, these same functions will be available even for older TVs if they are properly connected to a modern mobile phone. Smartphones from Apple do not lose popularity due to the rich set of possibilities, with their help you can work with various types of content.
It’s worth connecting your iPhone to your Samsung Smart TV to add a whole host of new features:
- View videos on the big screen in high quality. The small screen of the smartphone is not very convenient, despite the high resolution and clarity of the picture. Connecting to a TV will allow you to enjoy watching your favorite movies, even small details can be clearly seen on the screen.
- Video communication using a large screen. On iPhone, you can install Skype and other types of popular instant messengers for constant contact with friends and family.
- Remote videoconferencing and other business events. Large diagonal screen provides professional-quality video calling, convenient to use if the TV is installed in the office.
- View photos and videos taken with your phone camera.
There are several ways to display an image from the display of a mobile device on a Samsung TV screen, each of them has its own pros and cons.
Which connection method is more suitable for Samsung TVs?
It is difficult to say which connection option will be optimal for connecting a smartphone to a Samsung TV. The choice will depend on the year of manufacture and the specific TV model, on its functionality, installed connectors and other parameters. Also, the choice is influenced by the user’s personal wishes:
- Lovers of listening to audio recordings will only need to connect a smartphone to a TV with a regular audio cable. this will allow you to enjoy any melodies without extra costs.
- For those for whom mobility is important, wireless technologies for connecting devices are suitable. If your TV is equipped with a Wi-Fi module, the best solution is a wireless connection using dedicated applications. The signal will remain sufficient at any point in the apartment, there is no need to constantly keep the smartphone near the TV.
- If the TV is equipped with only HDMI and does not have a Wi-Fi module, the only option will be a wired connection. It will allow you to broadcast your video to the big screen and enjoy watching it. Connection is as automated as possible, no complicated manual settings are required.
USB connection is an option for those who are going to use a smartphone only as a storage medium, on which you can save important photos, videos or other types of content.
After the first connection, the TV and smartphone will automatically save the entered settings, so it will take much less time to re-sync. This will allow you to quickly connect one device to another and get the most of its capabilities.