How to calibrate the screen on your Android
Setting the sensitivity of Android touch screen
Android users are often wondering how to calibrate Android. Now we will try to explain this nuance in detail.
Sometimes it happens that the touch screen or G-Sensor. As a consequence, the display does not detect the exact spot where your finger touches. To fix this problem, you need to figure out how to calibrate your Android screen. How to calibrate and set the touchscreen itself is explained in detail here.
Screen calibration properties on Android allows you to feel your device more accurately
It is essentially the process of adjusting the touch screen to confidently and accurately execute commands transmitted by touching it. Most users do not realize the importance and necessity of this procedure. This is where the comfortable use of the device begins. If you forget it, you won’t get the touch screen sensitivity and responsiveness you need (for example, when using your phone book, social networking and a variety of applications).
Why calibrate the touch screen
Touchscreens on Android devices occasionally require the user to calibrate or otherwise adjust. Touch screen failures are likely to be caused by hardware problems that can’t be fixed: it’s damage to the screen, chips, broken sensor. Nevertheless, you should not rule out calibration, as it can be useful in some circumstances.
- Calibration is recommended after dropping the gadget, getting into water and other damage, as well as after replacing the screen.
- Calibration can help adjust the sensitivity of the touch screen, especially if it is affected by something else.
- Certain types of protective films affect the responsiveness of the touch screen. This is a problem that calibration can improve.
- It makes sense to calibrate older devices where the technology is not as advanced, and calibration may have a more noticeable impact.
In other words, the calibration of the touch screen certainly does not hurt, regardless of the age of the phone, and older devices are likely to benefit from calibration even more.
Basic ways to calibrate
Many devices have the ability to adjust the sensor without the need to download an application, using the Android OS, while the setting may differ for individual models, and some manufacturers remove the function.
This will complete the process of calibrating the display. The device will remember the touch, after which you need to check the accuracy of the touchscreen. If the procedure fails, it can be repeated.
How to calibrate your screen?
There are two main ways to fix a knocked down touch sensor. special programs and manually. You should also be reminded that for HTC, Samsung, Nokia and other Android devices the calibration procedure is almost identical.
Setting up with the help of special programs
In free, and most importantly free, you can find a lot of software to carry out this process. They are easy to install, easy to work with, and importantly, they produce results. For example Clinometer, TOPON, Bubble. just look at Google Play. But even if you don’t have access to Google Play, you can adjust the display without it using the second method.
How to calibrate the sensor without third-party software?
There are two ways to calibrate the sensor. with Android firmware and with third party software. The first one uses the built-in software in your operating system. But be careful, not all firmware versions have a third-party calibration tool!
- Go to the device settings.
- Find the “Phone Settings” or “Tablet Settings” section.
- Here, find the “Calibration” item. It may be in a different section, such as the “Screen” section.
- Tap on “Calibration.”.
- Perform the necessary manipulations. It can be, for example, pressing on the certain buttons on the screen or simply tapping the screen.
In our case there is no built-in screen calibration software, so we have to use an app from Google Play. If this is your case, then read the instructions below.
How to turn on the touch screen on your tablet?
How to enable touch screen in Windows 10
- Tap the search box on the taskbar.
- Enter Device Manager.
- Tap Device Manager.
- Click the arrow next to Human Interface Devices.
- Tap HID-compliant touchscreen.
- Click Action at the top of the window.
- Tap Turn On Device.
- Make sure that your touch screen works.
How to calibrate the sensor?
To calibrate the touchscreen there are special programs that can perform this operation automatically. There are also system utilities that are found in the settings menu, and they in turn give you the opportunity to calibrate your touchscreen manually. But since not every smartphone has this feature, we won’t look at this point and go straight to the special software.
Fortunately, there are many free calibration programs, and we will tell you about the most popular ones.
Touchscreen Calibration is a free and simple utility with which you can effortlessly calibrate the sensor.
- Start the software
- Clicking on the “Calibrate” button
- A gray box will appear, click on it. The calibration process will start
- After the calibration is done, the green rectangles below show the commands to be executed in the gray box:
These commands include tap on the screen, double tap, zoom, shift sideways, etc.д. As the program is in English, you can find help in gray boxes and it is very easy to understand it, in spite of the lack of russification.
After completing all operations, you can close the program and restart your smartphone.
All these programs are similar and all have the same algorithm. The first thing you need to do when you want to calibrate your smartphone is to use the “Touchscreen Calibration” utility, which is free of charge and allows you to calibrate your smartphone without much effort:
Calibrating the touchscreen using Android tools
In case you have no access to the range of Google Play the display of your Android-device can be set in another way without any problems.
In this case, the step-by-step instructions may look like this:
- Go to “Settings” menu in the gadget;
- Select the item “Phone settings;
- Find the inscription “Calibration, press the button;
- A cross target will appear on the screen, which has a dot inside;
- Press in the given center of the appeared target at least three times.
After the performed actions the device will memorize your touch by itself. Thus the calibration will be considered to be finished. After completing the calibration it is necessary to check the operation of the touchscreen by pressing a certain symbol on the screen, which should appear after you have entered it.
Apps for Android screen calibration
You can calibrate the sensor using special software. In free and free access on the Internet you will find the necessary software to successfully carry out this process.
The programs are fairly easy to install and operate. But the most important thing is that you can get a positive and effective result from using almost any of them. Free applications such as Bubble, TouchScreenTune, Clinometer and many others are available in Google Play store.
Touchscreen Calibration The most popular Android screen calibration app. Just a few taps on your smartphone screen and it’s calibrated. all you have to do is to reboot your phone and enjoy the precision of your device’s touchpad.
Power Bubble Application This program has great intelligence, it also has some additional special features. Advantages of the application:
- Bubble is a free program;
- Works great with tablets and smart phones;
- Ads are turned off in the settings, or they can be left to encourage developers;
- Great graphics;
- The presence of a special display in the application which displays the angle of inclination with the highest precision in fractions of a degree;
- Ease of use;
- Ability to fix the angle by gesture or click;
- Presence of sound signal at the zero position of the angle;
- If necessary, it is possible to lock the screen orientation (horizontal or vertical);
- Possibility to reinstall the application to the SD-card;
- Disabling the “Sleep” mode if necessary while the program is running;
- Using the full screen mode.
Using the program is absolutely easy. To do this, you need after the initial start in the settings to select the type of orientation of the device screen (or set the mode “Auto”) and make a calibration by level.
Set the phone horizontally and press the calibration button on the left side of the screen for a short time. On the touchscreen you should see “Calidbration” and then “Wait”. The application will be ready to function when the screen shows zero degrees.
TouchScreenTune App is a program that allows you to configure the screen settings of your touch device, increasing its sensitivity and responsiveness. Advantages:
- If you use a protective film on the touchscreen, this application can significantly improve the sensitivity of the sensor;
- Eliminates the slowing effect of the protective film application;
- When using such a device as a stylus, a kind of tuning of the gadget becomes simply necessary with this program. Using this app you can enable complete ignoring even the touch from the palm (once set, the hand can rest on the screen when using the stylus);
- If you need to use different settings, you can create separate shortcuts to quickly launch the application;
- The application has a free version.
Clinometer The program is a professional tool for fine-tuning the level on the iPhone or iPodTouch. The application is used for common tasks or in more complex applications where the inclination of the device needs to be measured accurately enough. Advantages:
- The possibility of full-screen mode, which allows you to switch by clicking on the lower and upper arrows located in the middle of the gadget screen;
- Advanced two-sided calibration that allows you to make adjustments on surfaces that are far from level. Any direction is calibrated separately in order to obtain the necessary accuracy;
- Free download option;
Xiaomi screen calibration instructions
Xiaomi screen calibration The MIUI shell, which comes pre-installed on all Xiaomi phones, already has a built-in feature to calibrate the phone’s touchscreen. To run the built-in function you need to do the following:
- Go to “Settings” = “About” = “All options”;
- Tap 5 times on the item “Kernel version”;
- Thus we get to the engineering menu;
- In the list look for the item “Touch Sensor” and tap on it;
- Then a grid appears in front of us on which you should slide your finger to connect the dots on the screen;
- After you have connected all the dots on the screen. the calibration of the sensor will be completed.
Important: Sometimes, in order to get to the engineering menu on the phone Xiaomi it is sufficient to dial the codes “##4636##” or “##6484##” and make a call to them.
Possible calibration problems
In the case that all the same device calibration is not made in the way chosen for this purpose, or the application used does not give the necessary positive changes, the experts recommend to try another program, thanks them developed a lot, the software in this direction is very diverse. You can also try “Hard reboot” or in other words rebooting the device.
The last variant of calibration can be considered as the applying to the service center. Such a problem with the screen of the device may be not only in the wrong values of the settings, but also in more serious reasons. In particular, in the hardware failure of the elements of the device or the presence of factory defects. In this case it is better to contact a professional to correct the problem.