How to block hidden number on Android Samsung
How to block calls from hidden numbers on Android
The caller lock feature can not be called new. In today’s smartphones it works about the same as in the push-button “cell phones” produced ten and twenty years ago. Among one of the options is to block calls from a hidden mobile number, which can be done through the phone settings or with the “personal account” in the application of the mobile operator.
The service is free if set up on the device itself, but you may need to pay a fee for using it at the mobile provider level.
Instructions for enabling Do Not Disturb service, which limits calls from unknown numbers on a Samsung smartphone.
To turn Do Not Disturb on, you must launch Phone Settings from the applications screen. To do this, click on the “Settings” icon.
Screenshot. Click on the “Settings” button.
On the main Settings page, you need to open the “Notifications” section by clicking on the “Notifications” line.
Screenshot. Click on the “Notifications” item.
In the “Notifications” section, go to the “Do Not Disturb” subsection. Press the Do Not Disturb item.
Screenshot. Click on the “Do not disturb” item.
In the “Do not disturb” section, you must enable this service. To do this, you will need to click on the “Do Not Disturb” radio button.
Screenshot. Press the Do Not Disturb switch.
If you haven’t made any changes to the settings of this service before, you need to do them now to enable this service to restrict calls to unknown numbers only in the future. To do this, click on “Calls, messages and conversations” item.
Screenshot. “Do Not Disturb” subsection with the service activated. Tap on “Calls, messages and conversations”.
Next, you need to open the position “Calls”.
In the “Allow Do Not Disturb” exceptions settings, click on “Contacts only”.
Screen. Tap on “Calls”. Screenshot. From all options in “Allow exclusions” select the “Contacts only” position.
Thus, we enabled and configured the service Do not disturb, which will restrict calls to all unknown numbers that are not in Contacts. Calls from phone numbers listed in Contacts will run freely without restrictions.
Screenshot. The Do Not Disturb settings with calls from all unknown numbers disabled.
In this simple way we managed to avoid unnecessary calls from unknown phone numbers.
In the future, this service is easiest to turn on from the quick settings button panel by clicking on the “Do Not Disturb” button without further configuration of this service.
To lock your phone number on a stock Android smartphone, such as the Google Pixel 3, there are two ways. The easiest way is to open the “Phone” application and go to the section with your last calls. A long press on any of them brings up the context menu and select “Lock number”.
The second way is also to open the “Phone” app, but next you need to go to the menu by clicking on the icon in the upper right corner and select “Settings”. Here, just click “Call Blocking” and add the numbers you want to block.
How to block unknown numbers
To block the hidden number on Samsung, you just need to turn on one switch. To do so:
- Go to the phone application and its settings with the three dots in the corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Blocking numbers”.
- Above the list of contacts there is a switch. Activate it.
Now any anonymous or hidden callers whose names are not detected by your smartphone will not be able to reach you.
If you want your smartphone to be reachable only by subscribers who are in the address book, you need to use the “Do Not Disturb” function. In this case the caller will hear long beeps, not short ones, and you will see the calls as unanswered. But in general the blocking effect for you will look the same.
Instructions on how to block all unknown numbers on Samsung:
- Alternately, go to “Calls from” and “Messages from” and select “Contacts only”. For Android version below 9, also check Other, redial, allow notifications.
- Also for Android below version 9, check Hide visual notifications. Check them for both on and off screen.
Now nothing will happen if you make a call to an unknown caller. You will only see the missed entry in the notification area.
You can disable such blocking of all unknown contacts simply by exiting “Do Not Disturb” mode, and return. By turning it on again. On Samsung the above settings must be done only once in the beginning.
How to block a certain number on the Samsung Galaxy S 10- step-by-step instruction
To block a certain number on your Samsung Galaxy phone, follow these steps:
- Launch the “Phone” application.
- Press the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen, then press “Settings.
- Press “Block numbers”.
- If you want to block all unknown callers, tap the button next to “Block unknown callers” to move it to the right.
- To block a specific phone number, enter the number in the “Add Phone Number” field. If you have copied the number from the Phone application (see “Phone” on page 54), you can copy the number from the Phone application. Section below), click in the field and press “Insert” in the pop-up window.
- Tap the plus sign on the right side of the screen.
How To Block Private Number Call
The number is now added to the list of blocked numbers and will no longer bother you.
How to make your Phone Number private on Samsung
For those who want not just get rid of calls from hidden numbers, but to expose them in the open, there is a service provided by many mobile operators. It is called “SuperAon. If you connect it, you can see the caller’s number even if he/she has hidden it. This function is paid, but it allows you to make a blacklist of undesirable numbers, because they are no longer unknown.
Saving yourself from unpleasant anonymous calls. A problem that can be solved. You only need to rely on the capabilities of your mobile device.
How to block unknown numbers on your phone using your service provider
The latest way. To block numbers with the help of mobile operators. We cannot say that this point is the most effective, because it includes several disadvantages:
- This is most often a paid feature;
- The user will have a long time to understand the settings;
- It is necessary to have access to a personal account.
This, as a rule, stops many people choosing this way. It is worth choosing it only when there are no other options.
Pay attention! Settings are different for each service provider. It is necessary first to see what operator you use, and then to edit only for its algorithm.
If you start with Tele2, the cost is about 1 ruble per day. You should always check the official websites for more information. Blacklist is regulated by the user. Connection of the service is free, but the fee is quite high.
In order to connect it, you just need to open the program, through which you usually make calls, and then enter the command “2201#”. Calling on this request, the user will receive a message with the connected service. Additional settings are available in the person’s personal cabinet in the “Blacklist” section.
The service is paid. The user should know this right away, in order to understand that he will have to pay for the extra comfort. It is worth mentioning that the service is charged not according to certain days, but according to the number of numbers rejected by the system. This will help to save money:
- Connect the service on demand. We do it by entering a simple combination “110771#”.;
- After entering it, wait for a message to come with the activated service;
- If it’s connected, then you can configure all the additional subtleties, as well as configure your own black list through your personal cabinet.
On MegaFon, the cost is fixed at 1 per day. Activation is available through a command, as well as by sending a message. Simply enter “130#” into your phonebook, or send a blank message to the contact “5130”.
After that, in the personal cabinet you can check the connection of the service. It works properly.
The function is configured in several ways. Through the command, personal account. To activate this function, you need to do the following:
- Go to dialing the number on the phone and select the command “111442#”;
- After clicking on the call, in which the address will redirect us to the message that will prompt us to select the type of connection: personal or parent. The second one is necessary for the parents of a child. It is free, but allows only to put a block on outgoing calls. The cost of the current personal one can be found on the official site;
- It is better to use the personal control, so we choose it.
Now the user can personally block contacts. Through the personal cabinet you can set up this function in more detail. It is done in the “Blacklist” section. It also contains all the instructions.
Caller ID on Android
The main problem with the blocking of unknown numbers is that you can not call someone whose number is not in the list of contacts. This greatly complicates communication with couriers who constantly call from different numbers, cab drivers, who often do not come to the place they were called, government agencies, etc.Д. So if you often order something, blocking is clearly not your solution. But the caller ID is yours.
Caller ID requires the replacement of the voice assistant
Only after that can you turn on caller ID
After that Yandex service begins to identify all or almost all unknown numbers from which you receive calls. As a rule, the built-in caller ID is quite effective and can even identify couriers’ private numbers, provided, of course, that someone is responsible for entering them into the database. But since the service has been around for a long time, you can be absolutely relaxed about the breadth of phone numbers.