How To Adjust Photo Quality On An Iphone
How to draw on photos and change images on iPhone
The ability to take high-quality photos with a smartphone camera is not a guarantee of a cool result. Previously, to correct the picture, as well as add additional effects, you had to use bulky computer editors, which, of course, is not always convenient.
Now there are a large number of mobile applications that provide a range of capabilities that are not inferior to computer programs. This instruction will tell you how to draw on a photo on an iPhone using built-in tools and third-party applications.
Making drawings on pictures using the Photo utility
IOS already has built-in tools for performing art on photos. The standard Markup application is intended for this. So, in order to draw on photos, go to the Photos application, and then follow the instructions:
- Select an image for editing, click in the upper right on the Edit link.
- Inside the bottom panel, select the icon: a circle with three dots. From the menu that appears, define the Markup tool:
- To apply various elements, a marker, a highlighter, a pencil, an eraser will be available from the bottom of the screen. They all differ in line thickness and transparency. To select their color, you must click on the last circle on the toolbar.
After applying all the desired elements, the picture is saved to the Gallery by clicking the Finish button.
Third party applications
One of the leading iPhone image editing apps is Enlight Photofox. The program is downloaded from the App Store.
We launch the editor from the smartphone’s desktop, open a new photo on which the drawings will be applied:
- Step 1. At the bottom of the application, select the Art menu item, and then click on Sketches.
- Step 2. Inside the window that appears, assign the shape of the brush, and in the Tools section. Thickness and color. There is a large number of effects and brush shapes, conveniently sorted by name for each tool. In addition, you can choose from an extended color palette, which is not available in the standard editor.
After completing the manipulations with the image, click on the checkmark at the top right to save the result. The snapshot can then be found in the Media Library.
Smartphones have long ceased to be just a tool for taking photos, but offer the user a full-fledged functionality for processing their images. If you need to quickly draw on a picture, just apply the built-in Markup. But if you need fine-tuning, it is recommended to download an advanced application.
How to recover deleted photos on iPhone
The loss of important photos is one of the main problems of modern smartphone owners. To avoid it, you need to save files to the cloud storage or be able to recover them. Unlike Android smartphones, IOS devices have more options to prevent permanent data loss. We will tell you how to recover deleted photos on iPhone using standard tools or third-party utilities.
Recover photo from trash
First of all, iPhone owners should know that all photos after deletion are placed in the Trash. They are stored in it for 30 days and only then are they completely erased from the device’s memory. In this case, it is very easy to recover deleted photos. Iphone 5, 6 or 7 is not important for you, the principle is the same on all devices:
- Open the Photo section from the main menu;
- Select the option of displaying albums at the bottom;
- You need the Recently Deleted folder;
- Click the Select button and mark the files;
- At the top of the screen, click on the word Restore
Photos will move to the albums in which they were previously stored. This method works well in cases where you have just deleted a photo and immediately noticed an error.
Third Party iPhone Photo Recovery Apps
If you are looking for a way to recover photos on iPhone 6, then you can resort to the help of software. Third-party utilities will help if you did not make a backup and deleted pictures more than 30 days ago.
Restore Photos from iTunes Backup
If you regularly connect your smartphone to your computer and sync its contents with iTunes, then you can restore photos using this program. Please note that restoring from a backup in this case will result in the loss of some of the data that was created after the restore point was saved. Use this method only if you have lost important photos.
Let’s see if it is possible to recover deleted photos on iPhone. To do this, you need to remember whether you created backups on your computer, and then proceed according to the instructions:
- Connect your phone to your computer. Go to iTunes and click on the image of your smartphone.
- You will see a menu in which you need to click on the Restore from copy button
- Estimate the chances of recovering the photos you want. If you copied the data after deleting the photos or before they were taken, then you should not take any action in this way, you will not be able to restore the pictures.
- If the backup is able to return the lost files to you, then you need to click on the Restore button
Hidden photos or deleted?
First of all, you need to understand if your photos have ended up in the hidden folder. Users rarely use this feature, so they may forget about using it. Often in this situation, they believe that the file has been deleted.
To check the directory of hidden files, you need to go to the Gallery. Find the Hidden folder in it. Open this section, find the photos you want and select the Show option from the menu. After that you can see the photos in the feed.
Can also be recovered from iCloud cloud
Most users solve the problem of how to recover deleted photos on iPhone 7 using cloud storage.
You need to do this according to the instructions:
- Go to the main settings section and select Reset.
- Then stop at the option Erase content and settings.
- Confirm your actions with the Erase iPhone button
- After a while, you will see the initial setup window. You need to select the Recover from iCloud Copy option
- Enter the username and password that you use to access the cloud storage.
- Wait until the contents of your smartphone are restored.
In this case, it is also important that the backup to the vault is made at a time when the photos have not yet been deleted. When restoring information, you will lose the data that was last entered on the phone.
Touch ID, password creation and diagnostics
If you are the lucky owner of an iPhone-5s, then in the next window you will be prompted to set up Touch ID to use your fingerprint instead of the unlock password and as your personal identifier when authorizing, making purchases, etc.
Touch ID settings
Place your finger to scan on the scanner located under the screen in the Home button.
After the end of the process, proceed to create a password. This step is also optional for iOs devices and can be configured at any time.
Password creation page
The final steps in setting up an iPhone is an agreement to send diagnostic data from your iOs device to Aplle.
Agree or not is entirely your choice. To start using the device, click in the next window Start using iPhone.
Iphone Getting Started Page
This completes the basic settings.
So you took your iPhone out of the box and pressed the power button.
A greeting appears in front of you, which you need to swipe off the screen and go to the choice of the interface language and proceed to the choice of the country. By clicking Next, you will be prompted to select a Wi-Fi network.
Wi-Fi connections when setting up an iPhone
If you are setting up a new apple device, then this setting is optional and you can skip this step by clicking Next.
If you decide not to skip this step and are in the range of Wi-Fi networks, then select the desired one and enter the password, then click Next.
In the next window, you will be asked to choose: enable or disable geolocation services.
Basically, when setting up a new iPhone, you can turn off location services, which you can always turn on as needed.
We press Disable and confirm our decision by clicking Yes.
Connecting geolocation when setting up an iPhone
After you have decided on the geolocation, you will be presented with the settings screen for your apple gadget.
Since we are considering a new, boxed iPhone, we need to tap on the Set as new iPhone line.
Iphone settings as new
Connecting cloud storage
After creating an account, your iPhone has already become part of the Apple empire.
With Aplle ID, you have the ability to set up iCloud cloud storage, which will store backups of your iOs devices, contacts, photos and applications.
This is an optional configuration item and you can opt out of it.
But without iCloud, the iPhone loses a good part of its functionality, so experienced apple growers recommend tapping on the Use iCloud line.
Create an Aplle ID account
You have gone to the most important process of setting up the Aplle ID.
Using this account, you will subsequently log into Aplle services, buy applications, music, synchronize multiple devices, make free calls between them, chat in chats, etc.
This step is not considered mandatory and you can skip it when setting up a new iOs device, but experienced apple growers recommend creating this identifier right away.
Choosing Create Aplle ID Free
Apple ID creation page
Next, the system will ask you to enter the date of birth, surname and name of the owner, and then click Next.
After entering the data, the system will ask which mailbox to use. You can enter an existing email address, or get it for free in iCloud.
Experienced users of iOs products recommend that beginners create a new mailbox so as not to get confused in addresses later.
In this article, we will consider registering with an Aplle ID with an existing address.
Use current mailbox
- Enter an email address available to you;
- Create a password and confirm it;
Password and confirmation
- Test questions
In order for the new user of the iOs device to have the opportunity to restore the Aplle ID in case of its loss, the system offers to give answers to three questions, which can be independently selected from the proposed list.
Page with filling out security questions
To recover your credentials, you might need a backup mailbox. In the next window, the system will prompt you to enter its address.
This is not necessary and you can act at your discretion.
In the next window, you can disable updates (updates are enabled by default). If you want to receive various spam from Aplle, then leave it as it is.
Updates configuration page
Otherwise, slide the switch to the off position. And click Next.
- License agreement
Agreeing with the rules and the license agreement, you come to the final stage of creating an Aplle ID.
You cannot skip it, so we tap on the I Accept button, especially since there are still no alternatives.
License Agreement page
In a few seconds, a new official user of iOs products with a personal Aplle ID will appear.
Useful iPhone settings
As statistics show, the owners of iOs devices are quite active on the mobile Internet and use their apple device as a modem.
In order to use the mobile Internet you must:
- Insert a sim card into the iPhone and then go to the Settings application.
- After that, go to the Cellular section and turn on the Internet in the Cellular data column.
Steps to connect the mobile Internet
The data for the operation of the iOs device on the Internet comes immediately after installing the sim card in the iPhone. SMS with settings just need to be saved in the phone.
In order to use iPhone as a Wi-Fi modem, you must:
- Go to iPhone Settings.
- Go to the Modem mode section and move the slider to the ON position.
Turn on tethering on iPhone
After such a simple procedure, your iPhone can distribute Wi-Fi, working as a modem. A blue bar with the number of connections will signal that the wireless connection is working.
If your Mac computer is not equipped with a Wi-Fi module, then the iPhone can still be used as a modem and broadcast Internet traffic via a USB cable.
- Go to system settings Mac. In the Internet and wireless network section, click on the Network icon.
System settings page on Mac
- In the left column of the lower part of the window, click, and in the drop-down menu, select USB on iPhone. After this procedure, click Create and the Show All button.
Setting up connection to iPhone via usb cable on Mac
- In the drop-down window, click the Apply button.
We connect the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable and turn on the modem on the phone. As described above.
The main thing is not to forget to connect the phone itself to the Internet, via Wi-Fi or 3G.
There is another way to broadcast the Internet from an iPhone and use it as a full-fledged modem: via Bluetooth.
For this you need:
- Turn on Bluetooth on both iPhone and Mac and create a connection between devices.
- Then turn on the iPhone in modem mode, as described above.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon on Mac, select iPhone in the drop-down list, and Connect to the network.
Bluetooth pairing Mac and iPhone
The fact that your gadget works as a modem will be indicated by the blue bar with the number of connections.
How to set up an iPhone: instruction for dummies
Often, after buying an iOs device, the user does not know what to do with it next, in connection with which the newbie has a question: How to set up the iPhone and start using it?
According to the assurance of advanced apple growers, the initial setup is an extremely important stage, on which the quality and usability of the device depends on.
The article will discuss in detail how to properly set up a new, freshly purchased iPhone.
Installation and activation
After installation, you need to log into your profile. This will require an internet connection and your own contact number.
How to activate Viber on your smartphone:
- Launch the newly installed messenger.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select your country of residence, type your phone number.
- Click on the confirm button and wait for the end of automatic activation.
In the multimedia section, you can select the quality of the uploaded photo, enable automatic uploading of photos on the mobile network, limit traffic.
The options are useful for saving traffic or limiting the automatic download of files while in roaming.
How to set up Viber on your phone:
- Click on the button with settings, go to the Data and media section.
- Click on the line Photo quality, select the optimal quality for your phone.
- Check the box next to the option to automatically download files over WiFi.
- When you are in roaming, uncheck the box next to the Autoload in GSM network option. Viber will not take photos if the phone is connected to a mobile network. Pictures will be downloaded automatically when connected to WiFi.
- To optimize traffic consumption in the mobile network, activate the Limit traffic option.
Using the section with general settings, you can set the way to display contacts, automatic synchronization, an icon in the notification bar.
For comfortable work, you need to enable synchronization and display of all contacts from the phone book. How to do it:
- Click on the button and go to settings.
- Click on the General section.
- Check the boxes next to Show all contacts and Sync contacts.
- If you need to return Viber to the default settings, click on the appropriate item in the menu.
After this setting, Viber will automatically add new contacts to the phone book and display all phone numbers stored on the phone.
How to set up Viber on your phone step by step instructions
Viber is a popular messenger that can be installed on a smartphone, computer and tablet. If advanced users have already figured out the options for a long time, then it will be useful for beginners to learn how to set up Viber on the phone, what needs to be done before using.
What needs to be configured in Viber before use
Immediately after activation, Viber will open the profile settings window. Here you can enter your name, choose your date of birth, e-mail address, change your photo.
Viber works in Russian, so there will be no problems when setting up. To enter the menu, use the button, which is located at the bottom right.
Setting up Viber is practically no different from the type of operating system. On Android and iOS, the size of the buttons and their location may differ. The messenger features are the same.
Notifications: Calls and Messages
In Viber, you can set up notifications for incoming messages and calls. To do this, you can use your own songs or the default melodies.
How to set up Viber notifications on your phone:
- Enter the settings and tap on the section with notifications.
- Activate the option Use system sounds.
- Click on the Ringtone line, select an explorer or music player, set a ringtone from the list.
- Go to Notification sound, click on the Sound section and select a ringtone for incoming messages.
- To make the phone vibrate when making calls and SMS, activate the option using the checkmark.
Audio settings allow you to set your own melodies and determine the arrival of new calls and SMS by sound. You can change the settings at any time.
Exposure / Focus Lock
An extremely useful feature that every iPhone user should know about. You’ve probably come across a situation where the camera focused on the wrong object that you want. You can fix this by tapping on the desired object. And if you hold your finger for a long time, the application will keep focus on it.
To adjust the exposure, tap the subject, then, without lifting your finger, slide up or down to increase or decrease the brightness, respectively.
Using filters in real time
The standard Camera application can act as a small photo editor and. For example, while shooting, you can immediately apply various filters.
- To do this, select in the upper right corner the icon shown in the screenshot below.
- Filters will be displayed at the bottom of the screen, between which you can switch with a swipe left or right. After selecting a filter, start photography or shooting.
Setting up the camera on iPhone
Below we take a look at a few useful iPhone 6 tweaks that photographers often use when they need to take a great shot. over, most of these settings are suitable not only for the model we are considering, but also for other generations of smartphones.
Shooting at 60 frames per second
By default, the iPhone records Full HD at 30 frames per second. You can improve the quality of shooting by increasing the frequency through the phone parameters to 60. However, this change will also affect the final size of the.
- To set a new frequency, open the settings and select the Camera section.
- In the next window, select the entry section. Check the box next to 1080p HD, 60fps. Close the preferences window.
Most iPhones support a dedicated panoramic mode that captures a 240-degree field of view.
- To activate panoramic shooting, launch the Camera application and at the bottom of the window, make a few swipes from right to left until you go to Panorama.
- Point the camera to the starting position and tap the shutter button. Move the camera slowly and continuously to the right. Once the panorama is completely captured, the iPhone will save the image to camera roll.
An interesting effect can be achieved thanks to the Slow-Mo slow motion mode. This function creates a recording with a higher frequency than usual (240 or 120 fps).
- To start this mode, make several swipes from left to right until you go to the Slow down tab. Point the camera at the subject and start shooting.
When shooting is complete, open the movie. To edit the beginning and end of the slow motion fragment, tap on the Edit button.
A timeline will appear at the bottom of the window, on which you need to position the sliders at the beginning and end of the slow-motion fragment. Select the Finish button to save your changes.
By default, slow motion is captured at 720p. If you plan to view the on a widescreen screen, you should first increase the resolution through the settings. To do this, open the options and go to the Camera section.
Open Slow Motion, and then check the box next to 1080p, 120 fps
How to set up the camera on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
This section will take you through the settings you can change on the camera and the functions to help you improve the quality of your shooting.
How to set up your iPhone camera
Apple phones and tablets have always had a great camera to take fantastic pictures. On older models of devices, photos may not be quite clear by modern standards, but the ability to properly configure the camera, enable or disable functions can save the situation and greatly improve the quality of the photo.
A wide range of filters allows you to make your photo more unique and picturesque. Find the filter that suits you best by clicking on the three circles icon.
Live Photos is a technology that allows you to create three-second live photos. A live photo is a combination of a.Jpeg file and a.MOV file, consisting of 45 frames taken at 15 frames per second. You can activate this mode in the Camera application itself by clicking on the Live Off button. If the function is enabled, the button will simply turn into Live.
What is HDR mode in iPhone and how to enable it
HDR mode allows you to increase the range of colors available to the camera when shooting. You can see the difference between a regular shot and a shot taken in HDR mode in the example below.
You can activate the mode in the Camera application itself. In the top bar, click on the HDR button and wait for the mode to activate.
But turning on the mode does not guarantee that the picture will be better, in some conditions it is not, therefore it is recommended to save not only the photo in HDR mode, but also without it. In order not to photograph everything twice, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
How to turn off the sound (click) of the camera shutter
If you take pictures often, the sound of the shutter can become very annoying. Also, this click can give you away when trying to photograph something unnoticed. But there are two ways that you can get rid of this annoying sound.
If you don’t want to waste time looking at each image you delete, use this method. Go to the menu, select the Camera Roll section, and then click on the edit key icon. When the display shows thumbnails of all saved images, simply mark the images you wish to erase. Now all that remains is to confirm the operation and delete all unnecessary photos or pictures.
If for some reason photos or other images are not deleted from your device by any of the above methods, you can try to get rid of them in a different way. To do this, you will need to connect your mobile phone to your PC again and launch iTunes. Then create an empty folder in your computer’s memory and sync it with the Camera Roll or Photo Archive section on your iPhone. Once the sync is complete, there will be no images left on the device.
If you bought an iPhone handheld and still contains pictures taken by the previous owner, you can erase them all in just a few seconds, completely freeing your device’s memory of photos. To do this, just connect your smartphone to your computer, launch iTunes, go to the Camera Roll section directly from your PC, select all the pictures and send them to the basket with a couple of mouse clicks.
How to Delete Photos or Pictures from iPhone?
Most modern smartphones are equipped with quality cameras that can compete with some point-and-shoot cameras and even advanced cameras. Iphone is no exception, allowing you to take great pictures and store them in the device’s memory. But, unlike mobile phones from other manufacturers, it is not so easy to delete photos or pictures from an iPhone.
At the same time, it is enough to spend a little time studying the menu of an apple smartphone in order to easily find an opportunity to get rid of both the pictures taken by the camera and the images downloaded from the Internet or computer. Let’s take a look at the easiest and fastest options for deleting photos and pictures from iPhone.
But first, you need to understand where exactly all the images are stored in the device’s memory. To do this, simply go to the gallery. In it, you can easily find two sections. In the Camera Roll you will find all the photos taken by the iPhone camera, and in the Photo Archive (in some versions of devices it may be called the Media Library) there will be images downloaded from the Internet or in the memory of a mobile phone via iTunes. Now you just need to perform a few simple steps to remove photos or pictures from your iPhone. But keep in mind that in most cases it will be impossible to recover deleted images.
Go to the photo viewer and just click on the trash can icon when the picture you don’t need is shown on the screen. After that, it is enough to confirm the deletion and the photo will be erased. Similarly, you can get rid of pictures in the Media Library.
In addition to the options described above, there is another opportunity to erase unnecessary pictures from the iPhone memory. To do this, just launch the Photos app and then navigate to the desired category, for example, Moments or Collections. As you may have noticed, in these sections, all photographs are arranged in a strict chronological order. Therefore, you can immediately delete a whole series of unsuccessful photos and random frames from this menu, leaving only good images.
Thus, you can choose the most suitable option for you to remove unnecessary photos and pictures by trying all the methods described above.