How to add apps to Samsung Smart TV
Smart TV Apps. How to Download and Install Widgets on Samsung and LG TV?
We continue to torment TV. today our question is how to install a Smart TV application, or widget, on a Samsung (Tizen) or LG (WebOS) TV. By default, they already have several of the most standard applications from the manufacturer or third-party developers installed on them, such as YouTube, TV channels, movies, Wink, and so on. However, many TV channels or Internet resources have their own applications for working with Smart TV. Let’s look at the installation of Smart TV Apps using the example of the two most popular TV manufacturers. Samsung and LG.
What is a TV application (widget)?
TV Widget is a program specially designed for ease of use on a widescreen TV with remote control.
- transmission of central TV channels,
- film archives,
- TV versions of information sites
In general, whatever your heart desires. You can install such a widget both from a USB flash drive, on which you first need to download the application file through your computer, and then connect it to the TV. And directly via the Internet, online.
Please note that since Samsung and LG use different operating systems, Tizen and WebOS, respectively, applications from one will not be suitable for installation on another. For each brand, you need to search for their own applications, even to view the same service.
Nowadays, programmers are actively and everywhere introducing cloud technologies, so Smart TV applications do not take up much space on the TV’s drive. all the main content is loaded as needed from the developer’s remote server.
Thanks to this, you can install a lot of programs and games without affecting the speed of the TV. At the same time, they are optimized for not too powerful hardware, on which it is often impossible to normally view the same high-quality movies through a regular TV browser.
How to Download Smart TV Apps for Samsung TV?
Well, let’s try, for example, to install some kind of TV application. To begin with, your TV set must be connected to the Internet. how to do this is written in detail here.
Click on the center color button on the remote control
How To Download Apps on Samsung Smart TV
and we get to the Smart TV menu. Here we will see icons of already pre-installed applications for Samsung TV. But we are interested in the item “Samsung Apps“. click on it.
Here you will be prompted to sign in to your Samsung account or register a new one. We fill in all the items and confirm the registration by Email. be sure to enter a valid address.
So, we log in and find ourselves in the systematized catalog of Samsung Apps. Smart TV applications, or they are also called widgets, specially designed for use on Samsung. All of them are conveniently divided into thematic headings. Video, Sports, Games, etc. You can use the search form to see the title. quickly find the TV application you want. There is also a section with a list of all applications already installed on your TV.
Navigation through the catalog is carried out using the arrows on the remote control, or a mouse or keyboard connected to the USB port of the TV. Select the desired widget and click “Enter”. We get to the page with its description. Here you can estimate the size of the application in relation to the free memory on the TV. Click the “Download” button to download Smart TV applications from the Internet
After that, the “Install” button will appear in the same place. press it.
Nuances when installing widgets on TV from a flash drive
Unfortunately, the NstreamLmod application has been functioning in test mode for 30 days; before working with it, you need to make sure that it is still working. You will not be able to install again for free.
But there is a way out of this situation. You need to start LMod and select the list from “Tsnakemana”. Next, click “USB storage” and re-perform all the settings.
Sometimes it knocks out an error when opening the program, but you don’t need to be scared right away, because after the TV is overloaded, you can find and open it through the Smart Hub menu.
Series B and C
Now let’s take a look at the boot process for Samsung B and C models:
- We overload TV;
- Click on “Internet TV”, then click on the “A” button;
- Select a user to enter the PIN code;
- Go to the menu, select “settings”;
- It is obligatory to select the item “Developer”, there you need to enter the IP address and save;
- In this window, select the item “Synchronize”;
- We agree with all actions.
Installing Apps and Widgets on your Samsung Smart TV
Everybody knows the meaning of such a phrase as “Smart-device”, because today each of us widely uses the capabilities of tablets or phones. The queue has reached other devices as well. Next, we’ll take a look at how to install the app on your Samsung Smart TV.
When buying such a device, not every user knows all its functions, and there is a huge number of widgets for every taste. The main thing in installing the program is to know the steps where to go, and this is quite a simple matter. Samsung Smart TV lets you experience all of its TV capabilities.
Samsung D series
This Samsung model requires new user authorization. This is done very simply. On the remote press “Smart HUB”, then the letter “A”, entered the menu. Now the standard authorization procedure takes place, after which you can install the required widgets.
- Press the Smart key and the red button “A”
- By clicking on the “D” button, go to and create a section with the “Develop” user;
- Click “Server IP” and enter the required numbers in the window that opens;
- Next comes the “Synchronize” button, as a result of this action, the nStreamLMOD and OVP widget will be created;
- We leave the installation section;
- We click on the “A” key to initiate an exit from the account. records;
- We go into the system again;
- There will be a list of downloaded programs.
In order for the process to proceed without problems, you must adhere to the following recommendations:
Samsung Smart TV: How to Download & Install Apps
- PC and TV communication problems will disappear if you turn off the antivirus firewall;
- The installation process means synchronization of TV and computer, for this you need to create a user account called “Develop”.
- Press Internet TV, go to settings. authorize the owner of the “Develop” type;
- You can start installing the widget.
How to download the app
Various apps on Smart TV show how much smarter TVs are. Samsung has a very large number of free widgets and they perform various functions and thereby expand the possibilities.
Additional Information! The company has blocked the ability to install applications from a USB flash drive and it is not easy to get around this situation.
Every Smart TV owner has no idea what kind of world opens up in front of him with the help of widgets. Depending on their purpose, they are divided into categories in which you can find and choose anything.
- Online viewing of films, blogs, TV series, concerts, etc.;
- Music audio players where you can listen to new music for every taste;
- Games. here the variety is endless, as they are divided into many subgroups, genres, age categories;
- Service of additional programs for tracking the exchange rate, world time, weather and other.
First, let’s take a look at the process of downloading the widget to Smart TV:
- Turn on the TV and go to the main menu, use the remote control for this.
- We select the “Network” section to make sure that the TV is connected to the Internet.
- We create an account if it is not installed when purchasing a device. In some devices, it is common to all programs called Smart Hub. If there is no such program, go to the Play Market.
- In the login line, enter the mail address, come up with and remember the password and click the “I agree with the terms” checkbox. Account is now available.
- In the “search” item, enter the name of the program that you want to download. If you don’t know what you need, you can go to any widget and read all the necessary information on its page.
- To download the program, click “Download”. After the end, a window will appear, which will indicate that it is already on your TV and you can use it.
Important! Before downloading the application to your TV, you need to check the availability of memory on the device.
Series E differs from others in that after pressing the SmartHub and “A” buttons, the inscription “Samsung account” appears. There is no need to be afraid of him, enter “develop” in the free field, after which we remember or write down the password generated by the TV. Next, click “Login”, after which you can start installing various programs.
- Log in with your account;
- Select the “Service” section by clicking on the PU Tools;
- Find in the options. Developer;
- After that, we are looking for “IP-address”, where we enter the required IP;
- At the development point there will be updated programs, to start it, click on “Synchronization of user programs”.
On the F-series model, it will not be easy to authorize the user, therefore, before proceeding with the installation of widgets, we will consider this process in more detail. To do this, through the PU, go to the menu, in which we find the Smart functions. The account can be identified by selecting it from the list. We leave the menu by clicking on the checkbox “Remember password”.
- On the PU, press SmartHub to access additional programs;
- Click on “Options” and select “IP Settings”;
- We register the IP address of the server;
- Click “Start App Sync” to see the list of applications;
- we reboot the TV if needed.