How Can I Reflash a Huawei P20 Phone
You can download the update for Huawei Ascend G610 from the thematic sites and forums, where there are many versions of firmware both for this phone and for many others. But it’s best to use an official source, such as a developer’s site that distributes software for their phones.
Before you start flashing the device, you need to find out the current version of the phone software so that in the future there are no conflicts between “Iron” smartphone and improved software.
It is important to know that the unpacked file with all the necessary software must be thrown on the memory card, and not on the device itself.
Before flashing, you must save all important data. The best option is to transfer them to a memory card, after which formatting all the content will not cause you a shock state. In addition, it must be borne in mind that:
- With any installation method, it is necessary to place the firmware files in the folder “Dload”, which needs to be created in the root of the memory card;
- With any update method, files from the internal storage will be deleted. They cannot be restored, since the file system is completely overwritten, reserving space for future files of the new OS.
The firmware process itself can be implemented in several ways. In order for you to succeed, you need to worry in advance about obtaining root rights. Consider the options for action as they become more complex.
You must open the menu “Settings” on the desktop screen in a smartphone. Find the section “Memory”, and in it. paragraph “Software Update”. After you click on this line, you will be prompted to update or roll back the system. This method is local, since it has no way out, except to its file system. It is important that before this, as described above, a folder is created “Dload” for subsequent movement there the entire contents of the firmware archives.
This method is easiest, since it is an ordinary connection of the phone to a personal computer via a standard USB cable. The method itself is similar to updating or rolling back the system on an iPhone. FlashTool. an analogue of iTunes. an application that allows you to perform various actions with your smartphone, including software updates. Through the program, you can install any firmware, custom is no exception.
The course of action is as follows:
- Download the program SP Flash Tool and drivers for the phone to the computer.
- Run the program SP Flash Tool. Click on the button “Scatter-loading” and select the file “MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt” (it lies in the folder with your firmware). If the file with the operating system was not downloaded in advance, FlashTool will offer you to do this through its interface.
- Turn off the phone, take out a SIM card and a memory card (just in case) and distort the battery.
- Push “Download”, We agree with the firmware and connect the switched off phone via the USB cable (the computer will find a new device and offer to install the drivers. we will install it). The process of flashing the phone will begin a few moments after the installation of the drivers is completed.
The notification that the process has been completed successfully is a green circle. After it appears, you can disconnect the phone from the PC and use it for its intended purpose.
This method is also known as 3 buttons. It all depends on the dexterity and dexterity of the owner of the phone.
After upload the firmware to the “dload»In the smartphone’s memory (if there is no such folder, create it). Turn off your smartphone. To start the update process, the user must turn on the device in a special way. hold down the “Volume up and down”And”Nutrition”. If everything is done correctly, the Android symbol will be displayed on the screen.
Thirty seconds will pass, and the file system will be formatted, and the phone will install the firmware that was offered to him in the “dload”. Files can be downloaded via the Internet, however, the main operating system will be installed from this folder.