Honor 8 Last Update
EMUI 10 was officially unveiled as promised. The outer shell for Huawei and Honor smartphones focuses on increasing productivity. And also on improving the interface. In particular, a full-fledged “dark mode” was added, it is also Dark mode.
- Dark Mode
- New interface
- Car mode
- Device Sync
- List of smartphones with EMUI 10
EMUI 10 and Dark Mode
Dark mode is one of the new features in Android 10 Q. It will also be present at the settings level in EMUI 10. The company decided to pay special attention to the development of dark mode.
This mode applies not only to system applications, but also to third-party applications. This way, even user-installed applications will be obscured. The main task is to maintain readability and usability of the interface.
EMUI 10 received a slightly updated design. This is manifested in a change in color shades and rounding of the corners of the application icons. Also, the edges of the screen were rounded to ensure integrity.
In general, there is a noticeable tendency towards minimalism, which has been actively promoted recently. Small strokes, refinement of fonts and lines, smooth animation. All this in total creates a new interface.
In addition, navigation gestures are actively being finalized in the shell. Artificial intelligence actively helps in the work. Namely, it monitors user actions and tries to detect frequently performed actions. With the help of these observations, the smartphone recognizes applications popular with the user and optimizes their launch. That is, frequently used applications will start faster.
Android operating system has Android Auto. But EMUI 10 has its own mode for the car. HiCar. With it, you can connect to the car to control multimedia.
In particular, switch the track and control navigation. It is even possible to control air conditioners in the car.
EMUI 10 is ground for working with multiple devices. The relationship with other devices in the ecosystem of Huawei itself is well developed. It supports work with “smart” speakers (speakers), as well as with all kinds of unmanned aerial vehicles, including drones.
Naturally, the Honor and Huawei devices on the EMUI 10 can synchronize with the PC. You can create a virtual screen or simply copy personal files to a computer.
List of smartphones on EMUI 10
EMUI 10 has just been introduced. In the near future, flagship smartphones will receive an update to EMUI 10. At the moment, it is known that a number of devices can receive a beta version of the firmware. The firmware release date is scheduled for September 8th.
Smartphones planned to upgrade to EMUI 10:
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 Porsche Design
- Huawei P30 Lite
- Huawei P30
- Huawei P30 Pro
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor V20
Smartphones updated to EMUI 10 confirmed
Scheduled for September 8:
Update by the end of September:
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design
- Huawei Honor 20
- Huawei Honor 20 Pro
- Huawei Honor V20
- Huawei Honor Magic 2
A complete list of smartphones that will upgrade to Android 10 Q
Huawei Mate lineup:
- Huawei Mate 20 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 20 Lite
- Huawei Mate 20 X [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 20 Porsche RS [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 10 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Porsche Design Mate 10 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Porsche Design Mate RS [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei Mate X
Huawei P line:
- Huawei P20 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P20 Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P30 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P30 Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P30 Lite / Nova 4e [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P Smart (2019) [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P Smart 2019 [Officially Confirmed]
- Huawei P Smart Z [Officially Confirmed]
Huawei Nova lineup:
- Huawei Nova 5
- Huawei Nova 5 Pro
- Huawei Nova 5i
- Huawei Nova 4
- Huawei Nova 4e [Officially Confirmed]
Honor smartphones that will update:
- Honor 9X
- Honor 9X Pro
- Honor 20 Pro [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 20 [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 20i / 20 Lite [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor View 10 / Honor V10 [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor View 20 / Honor V20 [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 10 [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 10 GT
- Honor 10 Lite [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor play
- Honor Note 10
- Honor 8X [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 8C
- Honor Magic 2 [Officially Confirmed]
- Honor 8A
Pending update release, not confirmed:
- Huawei P20 Lite
- Huawei Nova 3
- Huawei Nova 3e
- Huawei P Smart (Nova 3i)
- Huawei Y3 (2018)
- Huawei Y5 2018 Prime
- Huawei Y5 2018 Lite
- Huawei Y6 Prime (2018)
- Huawei Y6 (2018)
- Huawei Y6 (2019)
- Huawei Y7 (2018)
- Huawei Y7 Prime (2018)
- Huawei Y7 Pro (2018)
- Huawei Y7 Pro 2019
- Huawei Y7 (2019)
- Huawei Y7 Pro (2019)
- Huawei Y7 Prime (2019)
- Huawei Y8 2018
- Huawei Y9 2019
- Honor 8X Max
Huawei has created its own ARK compiler. According to the manufacturer, it is able to increase the stability of the system. At the moment, not all smartphones under the brands Huawei and Honor support the new version of the external shell EMUI.
How to download and install the beta version of EMUI 10
As noted above, EMUI 10 is based on the Android 10 Q operating system. At the moment, it is possible to participate in beta testing of the firmware. How to do it, read the instructions below.
To participate in beta testing, you need a device that receives an update (list above). If you have such a device, then go to the next step.
1. Log in to your account (account) Huawei
- Run the application
Read the terms, if you agree, accept
- Register a Huawei account (if you do not have one). This requires an email or mobile number
2. Join the beta
- Launch the application and enter the Huawei account
- Next, go to the personal section (personal).join the project affordable project
- Sign up for beta testing
3. Getting the beta version of the firmware
After successful registration, a notification about an available firmware update will be sent to the phone. Or check it yourself (system.Software Update-check for updates).