Hikvision factory reset
Instructions for resetting the password for Hikvision equipment
If the equipment was purchased elsewhere. to reset your password, please contact YOUR seller!
b. Send file ” DeviceKey.xml ” to Hikvision Technical Support.
d. You need to load the file “Encrypt.xml” into SADP, enter a new password and password confirmation and then click the “Import” button. This will reset the password.
NVR / DVR login window (double click in the lower left corner)
a. Secure code entry window. you just need to enter the secure code and click OK
b. New activation password. you need to enter a new password and confirm the password.
Hikvision factory reset
The first method: we connect the computer to a local network with a video recorder.
Opening the web interface of the DVR in Internet Explorer.
Go to Settings / Network / Add. settings / Other. In the window that opens, we activate the virtual hosting in order to be able to access the camera’s web interface. We save the settings.
Next, go to System / Camera Management / IP Camera. In the window that opens, select the camera we need and press the “Change” button.
In the opened window for connecting an IP camera, you need to switch the “Adding Method” (the method of adding a video camera to the DVR) to “Manual”. We save the settings by clicking the “OK” button.
Then we click on the link of the virtual hosting of the required video camera.
We get to the web interface of the camera. Enter the username and password that were set when the DVR was activated.
Go to Settings / System / Maintenance / Update and Settings. In the window that opens, press the button “By default. “. which resets the camcorder settings to the factory settings.
We repeat this procedure for all cameras on the DVR, after which we re-ask the DVR and reset it to an inactive state.
Next, we activate the recorder through SADP, or directly through the monitor (GUI interface).
The second way: we connect the computer to the POE port of the DVR.
We connect the computer with a patch cord to the POE port of the DVR.
We go to the GUI interface of the DVR and go to Configuration / Camera / IP camera. In the window that opens, we find and click “Edit. “.
In the opened window “Edit. IP cameras “in the” Add method “item, select” Manual “.
Next, you need to change the IP address on the computer. To do this, go to the “Network Connections” tab. Press the right mouse button on “Ethernet”.
In the menu that opens, select “Properties”.
In the “Ethernet: Properties” window, go to “IP version 4 (TCP / IPv4)” and click “Properties”.
In the window that opens, set the IP address 192.168.254.200. subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and gateway 192.168.254.1. We save the settings by clicking the “OK” button.
Then open SADP where the IP addresses of all cameras are visible. Here we go to the web interface of each of them, where you can reset the video camera settings to an inactive state or export a file to reset the password.
hikvision dvr password reset (ADMIN) account using SADP tool
When all the cameras have been dropped into an inactive state, we install a new firmware on the DVR and reset its settings to the factory settings. Then we activate and set the activation password for the cameras, after which the recorder itself activates all the connected cameras.
Resetting Hikvision Camera Via Web Browser
If you don’t have direct access to the camera, just use your web browser to open the IP camera menu and look for restoring the default settings:
Navigate to: Maintenance Default Configuration Restore.
You can restore all camera settings, but keep the IP address used by the camera.
This is a great idea, especially if you are working remotely and do not want to lose access to your IP camera when restoring to factory default settings.
How to Reset Hikvision Camera (Factory Reset)
There are various ways to reset Hikvision camera to factory settings.
If you have an IP camera, just open it and look for the reset button.
Hikvision cameras with hard reset button
Hikvision cameras with reset button include the R6 family, G1 family and the new EasyIP 3.0. Just make sure you are using some of these models.
Hikvision camera full reset
On Hikvision cameras, the reset button is usually located next to the memory card slot. You can easily find it even without any directions as it is a push-type button.
Step by step to restore Hikvision camera to factory settings:
- Disconnect camera power;
- Press and hold the reset button;
- Connect the camera to a power source;
- Hold the reset button for 15 seconds;
- Release the reset button.
After resetting the camera, you need to use the SAPD tool or web browser to re-configure it as it will lose all previous configuration.
Update the firmware to the latest version
After resetting the Hikvision camera, it is recommended to update it to the latest firmware version available on the manufacturer’s website.
There are some security issues associated with older firmware that can cause a hacker to break into your camera even without using a password. You can find more information about this issue in the article: How to hack a Hikvision camera.
In case you have any problems with your Hikvision camera, below are the links that can help you.
- Hikvision Error Code 8200 (Solved).
- Hikvision error code 153 (how to fix)
- Hikvision Error Code 17 (Solved)
- Reconnect HCNetSDK.dll Error Code  (Solved)
- Hikvision “Please click here to download and install the plugin” resolved
If you liked the article, social networks by clicking on the icons below
Password Reset on Hikvision DVR
It is possible to reset the password on the DVR, or any other Hikvision network device, using a personal computer connected to the same local computer network and the free SADP software. This instruction is valid for program version 3.0.0 or higher. Look for the installer on the disc that came with Hikvision equipment or on the Internet.
Start the SADP program. Immediately after launch, the program will search for Hikvision devices connected to the network and display them all in a list. You can repeat the search using the Refresh button in the upper right part of the window. In the picture below, the program detected 1 device: the DS-7104HQFI-F1 / N recorder. If SADP cannot find your device, please make sure the network connection is correct.
Mark the required registrar in the list with a tick. Open the side drop-down menu on the right side of the program window. The Device Serial No.: line contains the serial number of the device. You will need it later, but for simplicity, you can copy it to the clipboard right now. In the lower right corner of the program window there is a Forgot Password button. Click it to bring up the password reset window.
Click the Export button located at the top of the window. With its help, the SADP program generates the information necessary to reset the password and saves it to a file.
Select the folder on your computer where the file will be saved.
Send the generated file to your manager’s email, and in the text of the letter indicate the serial number of the device.
Service center engineers generate a response file, depending on their load, from 5 minutes to several hours. During this time, the recorder must be turned on. If it reboots, the procedure will have to start over. The response file will be sent to your email.
In the same window, switch the mode of operation from Input Key to Import File. Click on the folder symbol to specify the path to the response file.
The line now displays the path and file name.
Enter the new password twice. Use only English letters and numbers. If you enter the password in Russian / Ukrainian, you will have to start the procedure anew. Click Confirm. Password updated.
Password recovery by GUID file
This method is available for NVR from V3.4.90 model.EKI and Turbo 3.0 DVR from V3.4.80 model DS-HG, HQ, HUHI-F.
1) For preliminary preparation, go to the recorder settings in the IVMS-4200 utility and select the System. User tabs. Export GUID file (for IVMS-4200). Save the file in a safe place on your computer.
2) Then, when you need to recover the device password, you must click “Forgot Password” in the login menu.
3) The interface of the device will offer you a reset form into which you need to import a previously saved file.
Password reset methods on Hikvision devices
Password recovery using the Reset button
(suitable for Hikvision devices that have a password reset button)
1) You need to find the Reset button on the device
2) You need to disconnect the camcorder from the power supply and hold down the Reset button for 15 seconds. After that, without releasing the Reset button, turn on the power and hold for another 15 seconds.
3) Release the Reset button. The camera will go into inactive state.
Password recovery using secret word (SADP Tool)
1) Download and open the SADP program. Choosing a device for password recovery. In the lower right corner, select Forgot Password.
2) In the window that appears, select Sequrity Question Mode.
3) In the list of secret questions, we give the answers that you indicated when activating the camera. We set a new password and confirm it. Be sure to check the box Reset Network Camera’s Passwords. If everything is correct, the camera will receive a new password.
Forgot Hikvision Password? See How To Reset/Restore Hikvision Password | All Options Covered
Password recovery using SADP Tool
1) You need to download the SADP Tool application to your computer and run it.
2) Then you need to find the device on which you want to reset the password.
3) Next to the device on which you want to reset the password, put a checkmark and in the lower right corner press the Forgot Password button.
4) A window will appear with instructions for resetting the password in which you need to select the Export button. And specify the folder on your computer where this file will be saved.
How to Perform a Factory Reset on Hikvision / HiWatch DVRs & NVRs
5) In the specified folder, you need to find a file with the extension.xml and send it to the mail that is indicated on the site along with the confirmation of the purchase of the device. The answer will be a file with the extension.xml and the name in the format of the serial number of the device and the date of the password reset.
6) Save the file to your computer and load it into the Reset Password window. Step 2. Import File. After that, in the New Password tab, come up with a new password and confirm it in the Confirm Password tab. Confirm the actions with the Confirm button.
7) If everything is done correctly, the device will be assigned a new password.
Password recovery using a secret word (web interface)
1) To prepare for this method, in the device web interface, select the Settings tab. Account Management. Security Questions.
2) Enter the current device password.
3) We give answers to security questions and click OK.
4) When you need to recover the password in the device login menu, select “Forgot Password”
5) The interface will prompt you to select a password recovery form and answer security questions.
6) It is necessary to register and confirm a new password. The device will be assigned a new password.