Google services don’t work on Android
What to do if the “Google Play Services app is stopped
At any time while using your Android phone, you may encounter some kind of system error. One of the most common displays the message, “Unfortunately, the Google Play app is stopped.”. The error can occur in both the oldest and newer Android. Lollipop, Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo. It doesn’t matter the brand of smartphone either. Therefore, the following fixes are relevant for all models of Samsung Galaxy, LG, Sony Xperia, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Motorola, Huawei and Honor or any other brand.
Sometimes restarting your phone helps solve a particular problem. So why not try such a simple operation in this case, too.
- Press and hold the Power button until the menu appears. Depending on the smartphone model and the Android shell used in it, the menu that appears may contain the “Restart” button, “Turn off” button, “Screenshot” and others.
- If you have the “Restart” button, press it. The system will reboot, which takes about 30-60 seconds.
- If there is only a “Shutdown” button, then use it. Wait a few seconds. Then on the turned off device, press and hold the Power button to restart the system.
After that, see if that fixes your problem or not.
Fixing the error Google Play Services app is stopped
This error in Google Play Services most often occurs when you try to configure one of the standard applications, or when you use a particular Google Play feature. It indicates a technical failure caused by a loss of communication during one of the communication steps between the specific Services and Google‘s servers. It can happen for a variety of reasons, but in general cases the process of fixing the problem is not difficult.
Checking the Date & Time
Properly set date and time, or rather, automatically determined by the network, is a prerequisite for the correct functioning of the entire Android OS and those of its components, which address servers, receive and send data. Google Play services are among them, and therefore an error in their operation may be caused by an incorrectly set time zone and associated values.
Cleaning the app cache and data
Every application, both standard and third-party, over the time of its use acquires unnecessary file garbage, which can cause failures and errors in their work. Google Play services are no exception. It is possible that their work was suspended for this reason, and therefore you and I should fix it. To do this:
Look for Google Play Services in it, click on this item to go to the general information page, where select the “Storage” item.
Click on “Clear cache” and then “Manage space. Click “Delete all data” and confirm your actions in the pop-up window.
As in the previous case, perform a reboot of the mobile device, then check for an error. Most likely it will not happen again.
Deleting the latest updates
If clearing Google Play Services of temporary data and cache has not helped, it is worth trying to roll back the application to its original version. This is done as follows:
Deleting your Google Account
The last thing you can do to combat the problem we are discussing today is to delete the Google account that you are currently using on your mobile device as your primary account, and then log in to it again. We’ve covered how to do this many times in related articles on troubleshooting Google Play Store. Here is a link to one of them. Most importantly, make sure you know your username and password from your account before proceeding with our recommendations. Read more:How to sign in to your Google Account on your Android device
Cleaning the cache
Over time some system applications may leave too much residual information. If there is a large concentration, it can disrupt the work of some applications on the device. Usually in this case the tablet is emptied of garbage files. the cache. This procedure allows not only to fix the malfunction of certain applications, but also to free up some space on the media, as well as to speed up the device.
Usually the procedure is as follows:
- Go any convenient way to the “Settings” item.
- There, find the “Storage” section. Depending on the Android version, this item may have a different name, for example, “Applications” or “Memory. Also depending on the OS version the location of this item may vary.
By activating the Download Manager service
Often disabling this service leads to unfortunate consequences Play Store inoperability, you simply can not enter the application. To activate it, you need to do the following:
- Open the system settings menu.
- Enter the application manager.
- In it find the item “Downloads”.
- There you can see the suggestion: sort or reset, we have to click on the last point.
- During this action all inactive software will be disabled, all installed updates will be removed, background services will be limited and some actions of the applications will be disabled.
- In the same item we need to enable the output of all notifications, and after these manipulations, the manager icon will appear on the start screen.
- Click on the icon, and start the manager.
- Check if you can enter Play Market and if an error message pops up. If this does not help, go to the next step.
Activate Boot Manager
Often Play Market does not work on your phone due to the fact that you previously disabled the utility “Download Manager”. Again, go to settings, then apps. Using the swipe we switch to the “All” section, where we look for “Download Manager” and go to it. If the program is stopped, turn it on. Reboot your phone and check if Play Market is working.
If you see the error number of Google Play services on the screen of your device, it will help you to identify the problem and to correct it quickly. Below is a list of the most frequent errors and specific advice on what to do in a particular case.
This problem can be caused by incorrectly installed service, when a user decides to uninstall and then reinstall the Market service. The thing is that in this case a lot of traces are left in the system, not removed folders, which do not allow to make correct installation, i.e. they cause a conflict.
- Download to your phone or tablet any program from a third party website beforehand, which can easily give you unlimited access to the system settings, i.e. root rights. Such a program could be, for example, Kingo Android ROOT.
- After accessing the system folders, find the path to the sdcard/Android/data/ folder. In which there are old Google Play files that have not been deleted. Click on them and quietly delete them from the system.
- After these steps, a new installation of the service should go without errors.
To keep the system running smoothly do the following:
- Go to the system preferences menu.
- Find “App Manager”. open it.
- Choose the largest programs and components, and transfer them to the memory card using the device.
- Check for adequate space from the main menu under “Memory”: the free space should be marked in green.
A lot of space and cache entries, and it would be good to get rid of them, how to clear the device we described in the example above.
This problem may arise due to the presence of several Google accounts, both on the device itself and in Services. In order to solve the problem, from your main account, enter the settings and delete the service, and then install it again. There should not be any problems.
Also there may be problems because of the connection to the proxy server (used to open banned sites in Russia), when redirected to another country, it is impossible to get updates, so it pops up the number of this problem. To get rid of the problem you must first stop working with Google services, and then clear all the data.
This problem appears during the incorrect detection of the created account, and to get rid of it, you must first delete the wrong account, and then recreate it on your device. After uninstalling, don’t forget to reboot your device for the changes to take effect!
This error of Google Play services is related to the inability to uninstall and reinstall an application from a particular account.
- Delete cache entries in Google Play first, perform reboot.
- After starting the system, go to the settings menu, select the “Accounts and synchronization” item.
- Find your account and click “Delete”.
- Restart your device again, set a new account value or restore the old one. Service should work.
In this case the Dalvik virtual machine that uses the software running Java has crashed. And in this case, in principle, like the first action in all the others, you need to clear all the entries of the cache created in the services of Google Play and Play Market from the main settings menu. Perform a sweep and do a restart.
If these actions are unsuccessful you can reset all the settings of the device to factory values, from the main settings menu. If there is valuable information, then transfer it to the memory card or computer, and only then do the reset.
Error code rh-01
This is quite a common problem lately. It can be solved by several ways. We wrote about it in the article “Fixing the rh-01 error”.