Galaxy s7 freezes
Things are much more serious when your favorite gadget does not fully respond to the power button. There is no universal recommendation for such a case. Representatives of manufacturers and service centers advise you to try one of the following ways to rescue a frozen phone:
- Incoming call. you should ask someone to call the problem smartphone. If the display shows an incoming call, then you need to quickly call the restart menu by holding down the power button.
- If the power button does not work, then wait until the gadget is discharged. A complete power outage in this case will interrupt the processes that caused the failures. You can check if the problem is solved by charging the phone a little and turning it on.
- Some smartphones are equipped with the Reset service button, which activates an instant restart immediately after pressing. It is present, in particular, on some models from Sony and HTC, and is located next to the USB-connector (not to be confused with the hole for the microphone) or in the place for installing the SIM-card slot. It should be pressed gently using a thin needle or toothpick.
If you manage to bring the device back to its senses, it is recommended to manually check the list of recently installed software and remove the questionable one. It is also worth running a regular antivirus and following the recommendations of the operating system. In case of constant freezes, you can try restoring to factory settings or contacting a service center.
Reboot Samsung Galaxy S7 32Gb with buttons
Android provides an emergency forced reboot option, which is performed the same way on almost all existing smartphones. The option can be activated using the following hotkey combination:
- Hold down the power (unlock) and volume up buttons.
- After the display turns off and the phone vibrates. release.
If the option with the volume up button did not give a result, then you should reboot using a decrease. Of course, this approach is relevant if the mechanical keys are working properly.
How to restart your Samsung Galaxy S7 32Gb phone if it freezes
Until a few years ago, almost all Android smartphones were equipped with collapsible cases. In the event of system failures, device owners could perform a quick reboot by removing the battery for a couple of seconds. Today it is impossible to solve such a radical problem. the design of the gadgets will not allow access to the battery. To figure out how to reboot a Samsung Galaxy S7 32Gb phone if it freezes, it will turn out without much difficulty. the developers of the popular operating system have provided several ways.
- errors in the work of the graphical shell or when updating the OS;
- excessive filling of the internal memory of the device;
- crashes when updating software or firmware;
- sudden changes in ambient temperature;
- mechanical damage.
In many situations, rebooting helps the smartphone to recover. If the freezes are permanent, then you will have to resort to more serious measures.
The next method is relevant for such a problem. the smartphone freezes when turned on. This manifests itself in the form of a loading screen, which does not disappear anywhere for too long. Usually, the device can be turned off by simply holding down the corresponding button. The situation can be resolved as follows:
- Put the smartphone on charge in order to eliminate the problem of a sudden shutdown due to a dead battery.
- Call the Recovery menu in the following way: on the turned off device, hold down the power and “volume up” buttons until vibration.
- After a couple of seconds, the menu required to reboot will appear on the display. You must select the item “Reboot system now”. Within a couple of minutes, the smartphone should be fully loaded in normal mode.
So, if the phone hangs on the splash screen when turned on, then restoring to factory settings will help to deal with the situation. This can be done following the instructions for accessing Recovery, noted above, however, select the item “Wipe data / factory reset” in the menu. Since the Recovery may differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, recovery may be hidden behind the “Wipe data” or “Advanced wipe” items. After a couple of minutes, the gadget will turn on and offer system settings, which users usually perform after purchase. If such drastic methods do not work, that the only way out is to visit a service center.
Reboot Samsung Galaxy S7 without power button if it freezes and does not respond?
How to restart Samsung Galaxy S7 phone without using the power button? The question posed is capable of confusing inexperienced Android users, but will not cause difficulties for trained device owners. To cope with the task at hand, it is enough to use system solutions. They are provided by gadget developers specifically for similar situations. However, it is not easy to do without a button at all. Pressing the power key is required, but as an auxiliary action.
There is also a solution for situations where pressing a button does not help at all or does not bring the desired result. But in such cases, users need to be patient, since fighting troubles without a power button will take some time.
How to reboot SamsungGalaxyS7 if it freezes and does not turn off?
There are 2 main ways to restart your Samsung Galaxy S7 phone if it freezes. Both are extremely similar, but as affordable as possible. In the first case, users will need to hold down the reset button for a long time. It should be held in a clamped position for at least 20-30 seconds, and sometimes a minute is required. If the described steps do not help to turn off and restart the device, it is recommended to move to the second approach. It implies:
- simultaneously holding down the shutdown and volume up buttons;
- after which a menu with several options for actions should appear on the Android screen;
- after which it remains to select reboot and restore the operation of the device.
An alternative solution could be to remove the battery from the smartphone, but modern Android devices contain built-in batteries, so you won’t be able to do these steps.
How to restart your phone SamsungGalaxyS7. without power button
If the described method did not help to achieve the desired result, and the device continues to freeze, you will have to reset the smartphone settings using the Recovery menu. To make a Hard Reset, you will need:
- Simultaneously hold down the off and volume up buttons;
- Wait until the Recovery menu appears on the screen;
- Select the item offering to perform a reset (Wipe Data);
- Accept the warnings and confirm the decision.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR Galaxy S7 EDGE FREEZES/LAGS
If the user does not want to lose information stored on the smartphone (or other), you can select another menu item. It is enough to click on reboot and wait for the result. Perhaps the suggested step will help you deal with the freeze. But, if the incorrect operation of the smartphone continues, you will not be able to do without resetting the settings and then flashing the device.
Choose your Samsung device following our tips and tests
How to restart a frozen Samsung Galaxy S7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
Communicate, ask questions, get high-quality tech. support from site experts
The standard way to restart a smartphone SamsungGalaxyS7
- Everything is simple here: press the shutdown key and hold it for about 1-3 seconds.
- A small menu appears on the screen. In it you need to select the “Restart” item.
Reboot SamsungGalaxyS7 on non-working screen. useful tips
To restart your Samsung Galaxy S7 phone if it freezes so badly that it looks “dead” and the screen does not work, you can:
- call it, forcing the worker processes to restart;
- remove the SIM card and flash drive to reduce the load on the processor;
- connect Galaxy S 7 to a computer (especially important when the sensor is not working).
Also, charging the smartphone helps to cope with the trouble and freezing. In situations where the device stubbornly does not turn off, you can, on the contrary, discharge the gadget, forcing it to turn off due to the battery discharged to 0.