Forgot Password On Xiaomi Redmi 5
On a modern Xiaomi smartphone, the interface has a lot of user-friendly settings. Among them is the ability to block the gadget and individual programs with a graphic password. Its installation will protect the smartphone from the eyes of a third person and will keep any of your information confidential. But what if you forget the Xiaomi graphic password? Is it possible to unlock the gadget without a graphic key? You will learn about this from our article.
So, let’s say you forgot your password, and when you try to enter it, you can only encounter a complete lock on the device for a while. There are several ways to resolve the issue, and the choice you need depends on the implementation methods and some nuances of the firmware installed on the smartphone. For example, in MIUI version 7 there is a special button that helps to restore a forgotten password. But for MIUI 8 it is not provided, and therefore you need to look for alternative options. Let’s figure out what to do if we forget the graphic passwords and cannot remember them.
A simpler option for recovering a forgotten password is provided for firmware versions up to MIUI 7. If an incorrect combination is entered, then you will immediately see a message about blocking the phone. You just need to choose an option “Forgot password“, and you will immediately be redirected to a Google or Mi account, through which the gadget can be unlocked.
The procedure is extremely simple and is no more complicated than restoring a forgotten password, for example, by e-mail. First enter your registration data, confirming that the phone belongs to you, and then enter a new password and do everything possible so as not to forget it in the future.
But how to unlock the phone if a later version of the firmware is installed on it? To do this, you will have to use one of the following methods.
Reset via Recovery
If we cannot use the password, but you need to unlock the phone, then the previously set protective combination can be reset. To do this, go to the Recovery menu. In some phones, they can be used immediately after purchasing the phone, but most often you will have to first request permission to use the manufacturer. To do this, go to the Xiaomi website and leave a request to unlock the bootloader. The answer most often comes positive and the procedure is mainly formal.
Please note: using this method will automatically delete all data on the device, resetting previously set settings. Therefore, if you have any important, but not yet saved information on your mobile device, then first transfer it to another information storage device. It is recommended to remove the memory card from the phone during the procedure.
Reset is as follows:
- Turn off the phone.
- In the off state, we simultaneously hold down two buttons. turn on and increase the volume of the phone.
- When the bootloader menu opens, you will see a few buttons. They are mainly signed in Chinese, but Recovery is necessarily translated into English.
- Come in there, choose Wipe all data (delete all data), and all initial phone configurations will be reset to factory settings.
- Reboot the smartphone, and after turning it on, the screen can be unlocked without any codes.
Flashing the phone
If you forgot the graphic key, and at the same time there is a desire to eliminate several other problems in the phone’s operation related to not the best functioning firmware, it makes sense to change it. This is most easily done through the MiFlash program (27 Mb). Before starting the flashing, you also need to request the unlocking of the bootloader, and the whole procedure takes about 10-15 minutes.
When flashing, all previously entered settings and graphic protection are also reset. But doing a flashing is a little more complicated than resetting data through system recovery, therefore, all other things being equal, it is better to choose the previous method.
Unlock by phone search service
If a Google mail account is authorized on your phone, it can also help in resetting the password. It is done like this:
- On any Android device, go to your account by entering the username and password.
- We go to Google Play, download the official application that allows you to remotely control devices.
- In the dialog that appears, select your device as the place where you want to install the program.
- The application is remotely installed on a locked phone.
- We go into the device management manager.
- We find a locked smartphone, activating the password clear function.
- There is a reset to the factory settings with the removal of all passwords. In this case, data from the memory card and SIM card will also be deleted. To prevent this, first remove them from the phone.