Forgot Apple ID password how to recover
How to reset Apple ID account
If you can’t remember the encryption key from your Apple ID account, there are several ways to reset your password, using your email address, two-factor authentication, or verification and answering a security question. Detailed instructions:
- In the browser of your computer or mobile device, go to the page to access your Apple ID account. You can get to it through the official website. Here find and click on the white inscription “Forgot your Apple ID and password?” (Forgot Apple ID or password?).
- A new tab will open. Enter the email account you registered with and click on the blue Continue button. If you forgot your Apple ID, not your password, then click on the blue link below the email field.
- The page refreshes to display two selectable password reset options. If you want to restore it by e-mail, then check the item “my password” and click “Continue”. Instructions for recovery will be sent to the email specified during registration.
- If you do not have access to e-mail, then select “my security questions” to answer the security question (specified during registration) and return access.
This way you can recover your forgotten Apple ID password and log in to all devices with the new password. If your account has been enabled for Advanced Security 2-Step Verification, the reset procedure will be slightly different.
Apple ID password recovery
Apple ID is a unique identifier that is required to access all official Apple services and services. It can be used on several iOS and macOS devices at the same time, for data synchronization and backup. Next, we will tell you how to recover your Apple ID password if it has been lost.
Password reset via two-factor authentication
The method is relevant only for those users who have configured additional protection for their account. This will allow you to reset your existing password and select a new one through a trusted device that was previously connected. Please note that you must enter your existing password when activating two-step verification. Procedure:
- On iPhone, iPad. Take a trusted device that has been paired with your Apple ID. To do this, make sure it is running iOS version 10 or later. Go to the “Settings” menu and click on the line with the name. An additional menu will open. Here select “Password and Security”. “Change Password”. Then follow the recommendations to reset.
- On a macOS device. Open the Apple main menu and go to System Preferences. Here find and select “iCloud”. “Account”. Go to the “Security” section and select “Reset password”. In order to perform the action, you will need to re-enter the encryption key with which you will unlock the computer.
By recovering or resetting your account password, you can re-authorize on Apple devices. Do not forget to update your account information through the settings, if you do not want to enter them manually.
If you tend to be forgetful and you are not the first to recover passwords and other account data, then install a special application on your computer or phone that will store confidential data. Additionally, connect other devices to your account so that the password can be reset with their help.
How to recover Apple ID if you forgot your username and password
If you cannot remember your account login, then reset your password through iforgot.Apple.com. To do this, follow these steps:
- In the address bar of the browser, enter “iforgot.Apple.com” and press the “Enter” or “Go” key (you can get to the page through the official website).
- A page will open to restore access to your Apple ID. Click on the blue inscription “look it up”, if you do not remember your ID.
- The page will refresh and a field for entering your account information will appear. Here you must enter the first name, last name, and email address that were used to register your Apple ID. After that click “Continue”.
- The system will start looking for matches. If you entered the data correctly, the account will be detected. After that, a detailed instruction will be sent to your email, with which you can recover your forgotten ID and password.
This is where the restoration ends. If after entering the data an error appears and the message “No Apple ID Found”, then check the correctness of the entered data. It is possible that during registration you entered a completely different email, so try to change it.
Forgot iCloud password (Apple ID). how to be and what to do?
Good time! It’s just that a huge number of questions are received both by e-mail and in comments to articles on the topic of a forgotten (lost, changed by someone, etc.) e-mail iCloud and password to it. To be more precise, this is an Apple ID, but this does not change the essence of the matter. In order to somehow systematize all this information, it was decided to write this article. So, if you do not remember (do not know) the password or e-mail to which your (or “someone else’s”) iPhone or iPad is registered, and you really want to activate it, then this instruction is for you!
A bit of history. With the release of the iOS 7 operating system, Apple introduced additional protection for all device owners from theft, loss, etc. Now no one can access the phone, as well as the data that is on it, if he does not know the Apple ID and password from it.
- Hard Reset.
- Restore with iTunes.
- Upgrading (Upgrading or Downgrading) Firmware.
- Entering DFU mode and then trying to flash.
- Parsing into small parts and replacing certain parts of the phone.
NOTHING will help! Do not trust people who promise to “hack” it for money (most often not small!). Remember. it is impossible to delete an Apple ID without a password to it. iPhone or iPad are rigidly bound to the registration data and can only be unlinked:
- The direct owner of the device who owns this information.
- Apple employee.
Speaking of bindings, they come in two flavors:
- When activated, the system only asks for an Apple ID and password. Everything described below in the article will be devoted to this issue. In this case, there is hope for unlocking.
- Everything is the same, but the Lost Mode is on, in this case you will see the following inscription. This iPhone (iPad) was lost and erased (can be translated as “This iPhone was lost and all data was erased”). In the very last paragraph of the article, there are two “excellent” tips on how to proceed in this case.
So, we have the first scenario and there is no question of any lost mode, but you just forgot the password from iCloud (Apple ID) and the phone (tablet) was locked after updating the firmware or resetting the settings to the factory settings.
What to do? How do I clear the activation message? There are two ways:
- We go to the recovery page and try to do something there: indicate the mail to which the Apple ID is registered, enter an additional e-mail address, answer security questions. If you know at least something, then the chances of unlocking your iPhone increase.!
- For those who do not remember anything at all. We write (or better call) Apple Support. here is the link to the contact page. We describe your situation as accurately and in detail as possible. Remember, there are people sitting there and more often than not stupid! Most likely, after a short conversation, you will be asked to prove the fact that the device belongs and has always belonged to you. How? Provide a photo of the box (of course, not just packaging, but the place where the serial number is indicated), the serial number of the gadget itself, plus a purchase document (receipts). If everything is in order and Apple employees believe you, the iCloud Lock will be removed.
However, it may also happen that this does not happen. Why? The fact is that just a huge number of people began to forge purchase documents and thus deceive the company.
I do not presume to judge whether it is good or bad, but the fact is that the number of unlocked devices using this method has decreased and each new application already initially causes distrust.
This means that such a situation may happen. the iPhone or iPad really belongs to you, you provided all the documents, and Apple employees refuse to remove Activation Lock. How to be? Write to the English-language support (the last subtitle in this article will help you figure out how to do this) and tell them the whole story about how you forgot your iCloud password and want to unlock it.
Reset Apple ID Password ( How To Forget Apple ID Password )
If they do not help, then, unfortunately, there is nothing left to do but either hand over the device for spare parts, or put it on the shelf until better times.
Such is the slightly sad ending of the article, but I think that in your case everything will be “OK” and the blocking will be removed for you.
What should the owner do if he forgot the email address to which the account is linked
Anyone can reset their Apple ID password, the procedure is straightforward. But if the owner of the smartphone has forgotten to which mailbox his account is linked, the situation becomes more complicated. To restore access, it is recommended to try to remember to which address the registration was performed. If the owner does not remember the email inbox, you will have to use other options.
When a user logs into an account, the mail is automatically saved as a username-identifier. If the client can get the data about his login, then he will immediately recognize his mailbox. You can check your login using iTunes. The procedure is performed according to the following scheme:
- the iTunes application opens on the computer;
- when the launch is completed, you should find the “Programs” section;
- the item “My programs” is selected in the list;
- several different programs will be displayed on the screen, one of them should be right-clicked;
- a window with a list will appear on the page, the sub-item “Information” is selected from it;
- then the user clicks on the name “File”;
- a section with the name “Buyer” is selected from the list;
- the screen will display the name of the buyer, as well as the identifier.
If the user has access to an iPhone or iPad, he can get the necessary data through special applications. You can check your mail in the App Store or FaceTime. Also, the owner of the gadget can use iCloud.
View data on Mac
Before recovering your Apple ID password, it is recommended to go to the application to view the data. It is not difficult to do this if the client has an Apple computer. To check the parameters, you must follow the instructions:
- the iCloud section opens on the computer;
- then the user selects the item “System settings” from the list.
The screen will display information about which ID is used by the owner of the gadget.
How to recover your ID using Apple sites
If the user does not remember which mail he registered his phone account with, he will have to change his data. This method should be used if it is impossible to restore access to mail. It is worth telling in more detail what to do if you forgot your Apple ID password. The procedure is performed according to the following scheme:
- the owner of the gadget goes to the iCloud.com page in the browser, you can use the Apple ID address;
- then the button “Forgot password or ID” is pressed;
- on the next page the address of the mailbox is indicated, which is supposed to be “Correct”.
Additionally, the system will prompt the user to find out the current ID. To do this, click on a separate link.
Forgot Apple ID recovering processඇපල් ID Password අමතක නම් මේන්න විදදුම| Sanush Bro ThinkDifferent.
How to recognize data through the iCloud website
You can skip Apple ID recovery if you get the information you need from the factory website. The user visits pages at iCloud.com or Apple ID. If the owner has previously added data about his e-mail box, then all of them will be indicated on the page in a separate window. When entering the “Login” window, the first letters of the address are indicated. Next, the screen will display the box that was used for registration.
- Sometimes the computer system won’t log out of the iCloud.com personal profile. If the user is authorized, it will be even easier to get the required parameters. You just need to click on the “Icloud Settings” item. Next, the screen will display information about the current ID.
Security questions and answers to them
In this way, it is rather difficult to discard the current data. The problem is that it is not always possible to recover Apple ID password on iPhone. During registration, owners often provide random answers to these questions. These answers are quickly forgotten. But if the user remembers exactly that he answered the specified questions, he can safely give answers. To complete the procedure, you must follow these instructions:
- first, you need to go to the page where you can recover your password from your account, the address is written “Apple ID”;
- then the client must indicate the login to which the registration was performed, usually e-mail is used;
- now you need to click on the “Reset password” button;
- the screen will display several options that you can use to restore;
- the owner selects the “Answer security questions” item;
- now the “Next” button is pressed;
- the user will need information about the date of birth, which was indicated during registration;
- the “Next” key is pressed again.
It remains only to correctly write the answers to the questions that are indicated in the system. Once the answers have been entered, the system will provide the customer with the option to reset the Apple ID password.
How to recover Apple ID password if you forgot it
When a user creates an Apple ID account, the system asks for a complex password that would be difficult for attackers to guess. The access code must contain uppercase letters, numbers, uppercase letters and additional characters. The invented code may be reliable, but what to do if the user has forgotten their Apple ID password. It is worth talking about this situation in more detail.
If the user has forgotten their Apple ID, they can simply apply the settings of their gadget. To do this, you will need to perform a number of such actions:
- the “Settings” section opens on the device;
- a list will be displayed on the screen;
- a section with the owner’s name and surname is selected from it.
- These steps are relevant for gadgets iPod touch, iPhone and iPad of any model.
Apple ID password recovery
You can recover and reset your Apple ID password with Extended Authentication connected from any device connected to your account. If you cannot use a trusted gadget, you can use any Apple device.
Accounts with or without security questions
- Go to your Apple ID account page and click Forgot Apple ID or Password?
- Enter your Apple ID. Forgot your Apple ID?
- Select the password reset item and click the “Continue” button.
- Select the desired password reset method:
- If your account has security questions set up, you can select the “Answer security questions” option and follow the remaining steps.
- To receive an e-mail message, select the “Receive e-mail message” option. To reset your password, please use the message sent to your primary or backup email address. Didn’t receive email?
- If a recovery key is requested, use the procedure for two-factor authentication or two-step verification instead.
After resetting your password, you will be prompted to log in again with your new password. You may also need to update your password in the Settings menu on your devices.
Resetting your password on a Mac OS computer
Your Apple computer also has the ability to recover your Apple ID password. To do this, you need to click the password recovery button in one of the following places:
After you click it, you will need to enter an email address, which is the login to log into your Apple account. And after entering your email you will receive a link to reset your password.
Another way to recover password through Mac OS is using any browser:
- Follow the link to reset your password. You may have already seen it in the program when you try to restore access to your account by another method.
There is a special link to reset your password on Apple websites
- Enter your Apple ID, which is your email address.
Enter your email address to start password recovery
- As with recovering using a Windows computer, you will see two recovery methods. In this case, regardless of the chosen method, further actions will fully comply with the instructions for another operating system.
Specify “Receive email” for email recovery
Recovering the identifier if it is impossible to reset the code
If it is impossible to restore access using the methods suggested above:
- Go to the official Apple website in the “Account Management” section and click on the line “Forgot Apple ID or Password”.
- Fill in the fields provided and go through the recovery procedure.
- Wait for notification by email or mobile phone, and follow the instructions to complete the restoration of access.
Detailed instructions on the site will provide all the data on what to do and what data needs to be entered. It may take several days from filling out an application to recovering a password.
Two-step confirmation for password recovery
This method is available if you have enabled it in advance in your account settings. You need to do the following:
- On the official website, go to reset your password again and enter your username from your Apple account.
- If two-step verification is available to you, you can select the appropriate item. Then you will need to enter a special recovery key. It was when you activated two-step verification that you were given this key. You should have saved it and now use it for recovery.
Write down the recovery key in a place convenient for you
- After entering the correct key, you need to indicate to which device the code should come, confirming the password reset.
- You should receive a message with this code. Just enter it in the request and confirm the entry.
- After that, you can enter a new password instead of the old one. you have regained access to your account.
In case of successful password reset, you can log into your account using the new password.
The difficulty with this method is that you must take care of your safety in advance. On the other hand, hacking in this way is impossible, unless you yourself provide the recovery code to the attacker.
Resuming access on iPhone
You can recover your account password on a gadget with any version of the operating system.
- Open the “Settings” section on a trusted device.
- Click on the line with the user’s nickname.
- Go to the “Password Security” section.
- Click on the line “Change the code” and proceed according to the recommendations on the screen.
If you encounter difficulties, it is recommended to check the iCloud authorization and repeat the proposed steps
Resetting a password from a trusted device
This option is suitable for a user who has chosen two-factor authentication in iCloud. To recover or reset the Apple ID password, you just need to take any paired iPhone or iPad or turn to the capabilities of a computer on MacOS. no additional equipment, like connecting the device to iTunes, is required.
An owner who has forgotten the Apple ID password can reset it from a trusted device as follows:
- From the main screen, go to the “Settings” of the device.
- Scrolling down the page, select the “Basic” section. or (in earlier versions) immediately go to “Passwords and Accounts”.
- In the section that opens, go to the iCloud subsection, then select the “Change password” option and follow the further instructions of the system.
Tip: as in the previous example, the password may have been saved in the device’s memory. Then all the user needs to do is click on the “Passwords and software sites” button in the same subsection.
On a stationary computer with macOS, an iPhone owner who has forgotten his Apple ID password can recover data by going to the “System Preferences” section in the iCloud section, then. in the “Account” subsection, and then. select the “Security” item and the “Reset password”. To confirm the operation, a different code is used. the one that the user enters each time the PC is unlocked.
How to reset iPhone password?
To this end, the following steps are consistently performed:
- E-mail is hammered in, that is, the main user ID.
- Changes are saved.
4.The current password is deleted and a new one is set.
What should be the Apple ID password?
- the presence of more than eight characters;
- characters of different types. uppercase and lowercase;
- presence of at least one digit.
It is not easy to keep all this in mind, so many users forget it.
How to Recover Apple ID Password on iPhone and iPad?
In some situations, there is a need to reset the password from iPhone and iPad. This method will work only if the “Find iPhone”, “Find iPad” function is not connected on the device:
- To get started, connect the device using USB to the computer on which iTunes is installed.
- Now hold down the screen lock button and “Home”.
- After 10 seconds, when the Apple logo disappears from the screen, gently release the lock button.
- “iTunes” should see the device in recovery mode, after that you can release the second button. Then everything becomes easier, you need to follow the instructions and that’s it.
You can reset your password on both iphone and iPad via email and security questions. In both cases, you will need internet access. Recovery is carried out in several stages:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Choose “App Store, iTunes Store” or “iCloud”.
- In the selected item, click “Forgot Apple ID or password?”.
- Enter the identifier (e-mail address) and select “Reset by e-mail / Answer to security questions”.
When choosing the first one, a message with the subject “Reset by e-mail” should come to the mail. We click on “Reset password” and enter the new password twice. If you chose the second option, then you must answer the questions correctly. After answering the questions, you can safely enter a new password (twice).
TIP! The above method will help in cases where you do not have any access to the device, for example, if you bought a used one, but you did not get the account number.
Answers to security questions
- Turn on Wi-Fi or mobile data to connect to the Internet.
- Open the settings, in the “iCloud” section, click on the link “Forgot your password?”.
- Specify ID (Primary Mail).
- Select “Answer to security questions”.
The first question is standard. the date of birth of the owner of the phone. If you set up your Apple ID yourself and entered real data, then it’s not difficult to answer correctly.
You will then be asked the two questions that you provided when setting up your profile. If you answer them without errors, then you will only have to write a new password twice to restore access to all Apple services. You don’t have to do anything else, the old password is invalid, the new security key will be used for authorization later.
Resetting the password by mail
The second e-mail of the user or the main one (if it has not been confirmed) will receive a message with the subject of resetting the password ID. Next, you need to follow these steps:
- Follow the link provided in the letter. After that, the browser will start, and the reset page will load.
- Type in the characters of the new password twice and click on the reset button.
- Save your changes. This completes the procedure. No further activation is required.
Before going to third-party resources via the link, make sure that the message came from Apple. If it came from another e-mail, do not go anywhere and do not provide any information. Otherwise, you will be subjected to a phishing attack. Your account will be hacked, and on iOS. the device will be blocked.
If there is no such message in the inbox. over, it will not be even in spam, disable the spam filter. Also put [email protected] in your contact list.
Forgot Apple ID password what to do
Apple ID recovery
The above methods for recovering iCloud password involve using an Apple ID, which is used by the system to identify the owner to reset the key from the account. What to do then when you lost your Apple ID login?
It is important to remember that Apple ID refers only to the email address used for authorization in iCloud. If you do not remember it, then the identifier can be restored by surname and first name:
- Open the settings, go to the iCloud management menu. Click on “Forgot Apple ID.”.
- Click on “Forgot Apple ID”. Enlarge
- Enter the required information.
Resetting password characters via e-mail
This method is performed according to the following aLGorithm:
- The device connects to the network (no matter how).
- In the settings of the AppStore or iCloud, a click on the item of the forgotten ID or password is performed.
- The current symbols are reset and new ones are set.
- Changes are saved, otherwise they will not take effect.