Factory reset without Apple ID
What is an Apple ID password and why it is dangerous to forget it
One of these security codes is the Apple ID password, found exclusively in Apple products from Cupertino. And unlike many other locking tools, the use of this key is mandatory, and from the very beginning of the device’s operation, that is, from the moment of its first setup.
In the first case, the user is prompted to enter a name written in the Latin alphabet with the obligatory ending “@ icloud.com”, while the password requires a combination of numeric and alphabetic characters with the obligatory use of uppercase and capital letters.
It is noteworthy that to create your Apple account it is not at all necessary to purchase a new device, because you can register on the official website Appled.Apple.com, doing it completely free.
In this case, it is not at all necessary to tie up your bank card data, despite the fact that the system will request them. over, if you do not intend to use iTunes or any other paid Apple services, then it is better not to tie the card at all, since by agreeing to a 3-month free subscription to any application, its owner risks receiving an automatic withdrawal of funds after the specified period.
It should be noted that it will not be possible to do without accounting, and not only at the initial stage of operation, but also in the future, since access to the AppStore and any other built-in service of the company without an Apple ID continues to remain impossible.
But changing the secret code-password is quite real, and completely free of charge and as much as your heart desires. To do this, go to the “Account Management” menu and enter a new password with a mandatory duplicate confirmation, using for this purpose any synchronized device with the same ID.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Apple ID Password in 2021
Modern mobile devices have many levels of protection, which often make the system inaccessible not only for intruders and outsiders, but also for the owners themselves. The reason is trivial, because both old and young people can forget the entered password, especially if they are often changed to enhance the security of the gadget, which can be fraught with similar consequences. And everything would be fine, but only the number of attempts to enter the coveted cipher is limited, so you should never rush to try all possible combinations so as not to block the device.
How to solve the problem through iTunes if you forgot your password
iTunes is considered to be one of the most multifunctional devices for Apple, which helps to quickly and easily restore a locked iPhone. But it is enough just to enter the wrong code several times in a row or use the biometric scanner incorrectly for the phone to go out completely. Therefore, in such situations, it always makes sense in a PC with iTunes installed on it.
At the same time, for the recovery itself through the application, the following step-by-step aLGorithm of actions is provided:
- Connect the smartphone to the PC via the supplied cable.
- Try to force restart the gadget by quickly pressing the plus and minus of the volume control (relevant for models “8”, “8 Plus” and older). If you use earlier versions, such as “6s”, then it makes sense to simultaneously hold down two keys at once. “Home” and “Power / Volume”. But the activation of an extinct iPhone in almost all devices is carried out in the same way, or to be more precise, by pressing and holding the side controller for a long time.
- If the iPhone has been restored to its senses, then you should select the restore option and synchronize, along the way agreeing to save the previously made backup file copies in the device’s memory.
At the final stage, the phone is reconfigured, after which it will not hurt to write out the saved code and password in some notebook or diary, so that one not very fine day the user does not have to restore this data again.
How to Factory Reset iPhone 5, 5S, 6S, 4C, SE without Apple ID
Naturally, it is possible to change the account settings only if the information about the previous data has not been lost. In all other cases, you will have to reset the basic parameters of the smartphone or tablet to the factory settings, which is fraught with the complete loss of personal data. It is quite simple to insure yourself against such consequences, because you can always dump all information from Apple products to a PC or hard drive on time, using such a universal tool as iTunes.
As for the very aLGorithm of actions for resetting the settings, it is not difficult, assuming a transition to the settings menu, and then to the section “Password and Security”. For the reset itself, you will have to strain your brains and remember all the secret answers to questions, trusted phone numbers and mailboxes, as well as recovery keys that were specified by the user during registration.
It is also worth noting that you can implement your plan not only from this iPhone, but also from a device paired with it using the same Apple ID.
Things will be much more difficult if the user forgets all security questions at once, or loses access to synchronized devices operating from a shared account. Nevertheless, today even such problems are easily and quickly solved, albeit through the use of third-party software such as “Apple Support” and “Find iPhone”.
The first application is supported by Apple devices running iOS12 and later versions of the proprietary operating system. As for its use to reset user data, immediately after downloading the software from the AppStore to the gadget system, it is recommended to act in accordance with the following instructions:
- First of all, you need to go to the “Get support” section, which can be seen at the bottom of the device display.
- Next, from the entire list, select the tab “Apple ID” and “Forgot your password”.
- The next step involves clicking on the option “Another password”.
After going through the specified chain, you should reset the code, following the instructions, which may slightly differ depending on the type and model of the device. The Find iPhone program is no less effective in solving this problem, moreover, it is suitable not only for the 12th version of the operating system, but also for its earlier versions (and therefore for older devices), starting with the 9th. Factory reset works in this application according to the following principle:
- Immediately after entering the software, you must make sure that the field is free of any characters. If this is not the case, then you will have to manually delete the entered data.
- Next, you click on the command “Forgot your ID or password?” and all the necessary reset manipulations are performed.
If the input screen remains inaccessible, then there is always the opportunity to exit and re-check the state of the field to enter the verification code. And if this time it is empty, then you can safely bring the work started to its logical conclusion.
Password recovery methods
It is worth noting that an almost identical method for recovering user information is provided when using the iCloud cloud storage service. But that’s not all, because there are a lot of life hacks for changing the password. And it is definitely worth taking a closer look at the following ones:
- Resetting the counter of incorrect password attempts.
- Using iPhone recovery mode, relevant only if the ID is known.
- Installing a new firmware using a special DFU-mode, used when the previously performed manipulations were not effective enough.
It is noteworthy that all of these recovery tools are also based on iTunes, in most cases asking for an ID. But if the user cannot boast of such a privilege, and none of the methods works, then it is necessary to check all paired devices for logging into iCloud, and also exclude the presence of activated 2-factor authentication. Alternatively, you can try to fix the problem in the following ways:
- Click on the “Forgot ID or Password” option, after going to the account page.
- Select the item “Reset password” and confirm it with the command “Continue”.
- Decide on the method of resetting data by choosing an answer to security questions or sending a confirmation to an email address.
It is also worth recalling that when requesting a recovery key, you will have to pass verification in two stages, entering not only the user-specified identifier, but also the requested key. Next, a trusted gadget is selected, the changes are confirmed using the link sent to the specified address, a reset is performed, and a new password is specified. Voila! iPhone is restored and ready for further use without the slightest threat to user security.
Erase iPhone with Find My iPhone on iCloud.com
If you want to factory reset iPhone without password, you can also try to remotely wipe your device.
Go to www.iCloud.com/ # find enter your Apple ID click Find iPhone.
Click Erase iPhone / iPad. You will need to enter your Apple ID password.
Your device will delete itself remotely by deleting everything including the password.
How to Factory Reset iPhone or iPad Without Passcode
Need to factory reset your iPhone or iPad? Perhaps you are planning to sell your phone and want to erase all your personal files, or your iPhone is locked with an error message that says something like iPhone is disconnected, please try again after 5 or iPhone is disconnected, connect to iTunes. In this case, restore the factory settings. this is the fastest way to remove everything including the lock screen and start over.
However, how do you reset your iPhone or iPad if you can’t enter your screen passcode or forgot your lock screen passcode? How to unlock iPhone and iPad without knowing the password? This article introduces 3 different ways to factory reset iPhone so that you can unlock the screen lock without a passcode and access your device again. Now try to reset iPhone or iPad without password via iTunes, iCloud and UkeySoft Unlocker.
Reset iPhone / iPad without password using UkeySoft Unlocker
If you forgot your Apple ID password, iCloud password or regular lock screen password, UkeySoft Unlocker is fully capable of solving this problem quickly. UkeySoft Unlocker can unlock iPhone / iPad lock screens in a variety of situations including 4-digit / 6-digit numeric code as well as Touch ID or Face ID. Besides, it is also a good Apple ID removal. If you have forgotten your Apple ID password or have a second hand iPhone that is locked, you can unlock your Apple ID without a password within seconds, no password needed.
It is a practical alternative to iTunes. It will also help you fix various iOS without iTunes issues, including iPhone stuck on Apple logo screen, black screen of death, recovery mode, etc.
How to Factory Reset an iPhone without Apple ID Password
- Unlock iPhone black screen of death and remove screen passcode;
- Reset locked iPad without password;
- Unlock 4 types of passwords such as 4-digit / 6-digit passcode, Touch ID and Face ID;
- Remove screen passcode when your iPad is locked, disabled, screen broken, or outdated version of iOS installed;
- Unlock Apple ID on any activated iPhone, iPad and iPod touch;
- A few easy steps to remove your locked screen;
- Works for all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models such as iPhone 11, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone SE / 6S / 6 / 5S, etc.;
- Fully compatible with the latest iOS 13;
reset iPhone without password using iTunes
On the computer, launch iTunes and then connect the iPad / iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
Now turn off your iPhone / iPad, put it into recovery mode:
iPhone 8 / X / XS / 11 or later: Press and release the volume up button and then the volume down button. Then press and hold the side button until the recovery mode screen appears.
iPhone 7 (Plus): Press and hold the Side and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Hold them until you see the recovery mode screen.
iPhone 6 and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch. Press and hold the Home and Top (or Side) buttons at the same time. Hold them until you see the recovery mode screen.
iPad with Home button. Press and hold the Home and Power buttons at the same time until the Recovery Mode screen appears.
iPad with Face ID: Quickly press the volume up button, press the volume down button, and then press the power button until the iPad’s recovery mode screen appears.
On your computer, you will see a dialog box informing you of the problem with your iPhone or iPad. Click “Restore”.
After recovery, your iPhone will automatically exit recovery mode. Once the process is complete, you can set up your iPhone and set a new password.
Note: After restoring, your data will be deleted, but you can restore contents and settings if you have the latest backup.
Steps to factory reset iPhone / iPad without password
Launch UkeySoft Unlocker on Computer
First, download and install UkeySoft Unlocker on your computer. Connect your locked iPhone or iPad, select the unlock mode on the home screen. If your iDevice is locked for an iCloud account, select Unblock Apple ID. Otherwise, if your iDevice is locked off screen, select “Unlock Screen Passcode”.
Start Unblocking Apple ID
The program is able to detect the model of your device and confirm the device before performing any operations. Then click the Start button to start unlocking Apple ID without password.
As you can see, UkeySoft Unlocker removes Apple ID without password. The only thing you can do now is wait. I believe it won’t disappoint you.
When this is done, the previous Apple ID and iCloud account will be removed from the iPhone or iPad. You can now use your new Apple ID and enjoy all the features of your phone.
Reading tips before and after resetting iPad
Before restoring iPad to factory settings, you had more options to back up iPad data. Otherwise, your iPad will be blank and all data will be lost.
To backup iPad quickly and safely, you can use Apeaksoft iOS Data Backup & Restore.
It is a powerful iPad data management tool that allows you to backup and restore iPad data in one click, as its name suggests.
iOS Data Backup Restore is a great iTunes alternative with which you can create iPad backups without overwriting the old one.
Alternatively, you can also use the one-click iPad recovery service to restore it after resetting iPad to factory settings without Apple ID or password.
- One click to backup and selectively restore data from any iPad to Windows / Mac
- Preview data after backup or before restoring iPad to factory settings
- No data loss during backup and recovery
- Supports iOS 12/11 and all iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4/3/2 and other iPad generations
How to factory reset iPad without password
“Hard Reset” (Hard or full reset) is the best and at the same time the cardinal solution to a large number of problems. Before selling a tablet, for example, or in those unpleasant cases when the gadget overheats or glitches. There is a built-in reset option in the iOS device itself (see “Method 1”). However, if you have a device with a jailbreak, you should not use this method. the chances of getting a frozen iPad are too high. Again, human memory is imperfect and almost everyone is faced with the forgotten password problem. Therefore, rarely does any user manage to solve the problem with simple means. How to Factory Reset Apple iPad in the Best Way?
Reset IPhone iCloud Unlock️ Bypass iCloud Lock WithOut Apple ID️ Factory Reset️
Reset iPad via iTunes
You can also factory reset iPad using iTunes. In this case, first you need to turn off Find iPad. To do this, go to the iPad Settings, open the “iCloud” section and disable the “Find iPad” function there. It should be noted that to disable this feature, you will have to enter your Apple ID password. Without this, you will not be able to turn off the iPad search and perform a factory reset via iTunes.
After disabling Find iPad, you can start resetting your iPad to factory settings. To do this, launch iTunes on your computer and connect your iPad to your computer using a cable. After connecting your iPad, click on the device icon that appears in the upper left corner of the iTunes window.
Then you need to go to the “Overview” tab.
And click on the “Restore iPad” button there. It should be noted that there is also a “Restore from copy” button next to it. This button is responsible for restoring the iPad from a previously created backup and has nothing to do with a factory reset. Therefore, do not confuse the buttons “Restore iPad” and “Restore from a copy”.
After clicking on the “Restore iPad” button, a small window will open asking you to confirm the iPad reset to factory settings. In this window, you need to click on the “Restore” button again and then iTunes will begin the process of resetting the settings on your iPad.
How to Factory Reset iPad without Apple ID or Password
This is the easiest way to help you reset iPad settings if you didn’t have an Apple ID or password.
iPhone Eraser is what you need to unblock the path.
Note: This only helps to reset iPad, but you still need to enter Apple ID and password after restoring iPad to factory settings.
- Restore iPad Pro, Air 2/1, mini 4/3/2/1, etc. to factory settings without Apple ID or password.
- Restart iPad and free up storage directly.
- Simple interface makes it easy to reboot iPad.
- Compatible with the latest iOS 12/13.
Connect iPad to Computer
Download and install this iPad reset tool on your computer. Use a lightweight USB cable to connect your iPad and computer. Once connected, this software will automatically detect your iPad.
Select erasing level
After the program recognizes your iPad, it will show you three options to remove the level: Low, Medium and High.
The higher the erasure level, the more times the app overwrites your iPad. Select the correct erasure level and proceed to the next step.
When you’re ready, press the Start button to start resetting iPad and wiping data and settings on iPad.
How to create a backup via iTunes
Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and launch iTunes. If required, enter the password for authorization.
Click on the device icon above the iTunes sidebar and select “Browse” on the panel itself.
Click Create Copy Now. If along with other information you want to save the data of the programs “Health” and “Activity”, first mark the item “Encrypt backup”, enter the password and remember it.
Follow the program prompts and then wait for the backup to complete.
4 Easy Ways to Factory Reset iPad without Apple ID and Password
Posted by George Connor on August 30, 2019 17:07
There are many reasons why people want to reset iPad without Apple ID or password.
- Get a used iPad from others and want to bypass the previous owner’s Apple ID.
- Clean up iPad storage space when you forgot Apple ID or password.
- Forgot your Apple ID and not use any Apple products.
As a result, the main problem is how to factory reset iPad without Apple ID or password.
No worries and this post shares 4 easy and safe ways to help you factory reset iPad without Apple ID or password.
- How to Reset iPad and Bypass Apple ID Login
- How to Factory Reset iPad without Apple ID Using iTunes
- How to Reset iPad by Resetting Apple ID Password
- How to Factory Reset iPad without Apple ID or Password
- Reading tips before and after resetting iPad
How to Factory Reset iPad via iTunes
If you have already synced your iPad via iTunes, you can reset the device to factory settings, and then return data from iTunes backup files.
Launch iTunes on the computer through which you synchronized earlier.
Connect a locked iPad using the supplied cable.
Check the correct definition in iTunes of the desired device.
On the “Overview” tab, click the “Restore [device]” button.
Click “Restore” again to confirm.
The device is then wiped clean and the latest iOS or iPad software is installed.
After completing the factory restore process, your device will restart and you can set it up as new.
Typical factory reset problems
There are some reasons you can run into. When a person does not succeed in something, he immediately begins to panic, so read the possible reasons.
- Insufficient memory while performing an update. It is very easy to avoid it: you will need to delete music, games, applications that you do not need.
- Outdated version of iTunes. As mentioned earlier, you need the latest version of the program before resetting the settings, otherwise there may be problems with the procedure.
- Problems with USB cables. To do this, leave only the USB plugs from the keyboard, mouse in the computer. The problem must be resolved.
- Some kind of breakdown in the phone’s microcircuit that needs to be replaced only at the repair center.
Reset settings on iPhone and phone won’t turn on
Do not be afraid of such a problem. Try charging your phone without pressing any buttons. Then click on the “Power” button. If it doesn’t help, let’s move on. Try the following:
- Press the Power button and the Home button at the same time.
- They must not be released within thirty seconds.
If this does not happen, then most likely a breakdown in the components of the smartphone. Therefore, you should take the phone to the technical center, and not try to do everything yourself.
Reset settings on iPhone I can’t sign in I don’t know the Apple ID password
This is not a problem in this case. The action is easily reversible if the phone is yours. There are two options for solving this problem.
- By email. (Go to iCloud, after which you need to click “Forgot Apple ID or password?” indicated), a letter will come. Follow the link and in the window that opens, click “Reset password”, then enter a new password.!
- Answer the questions. Proceed in exactly the same way as with e-mail until the moment where you need to choose a recovery method. Click “Answer Security Questions”. Fill in your date of birth, then answer two security questions. Write a new password and confirm your action. Everything, you changed your password.
TIP: make sure the email comes from an official Apple address.
Apps to reset iphone to factory settings
There are many applications that can be installed in a few seconds and you can factory reset your smartphone. Here are the most tested ones:
- Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS is a program that can be found freely available on the Internet. In the program, you can select the types of data that you want to reset, and you can also do a full reset by clicking on “System Recovery”.
- iLEX RAT. the program will help you reset everything to zero in your smartphone when it has accumulated many applications that slow it down. You can uninstall certain types of applications without interacting with iTunes.
- Semi-Restore for iOS will allow you to restore the current version of iOS, thereby improving the performance of your smartphone. You can download it on the Internet for free access. The interface is very user-friendly and understandable for any user.
Be sure to check IMEI
Now you need to check the IMEI identifier of the gadget. The number can be found:
- on the iPhone case;
- on the original packaging and in the documentation;
- in the iOs settings: sub-item “About device”.
Verification is carried out using an online service.
- Enter IMEI number,
- Get tested “for a robot”. ReCaptcha,
- Click “Check”.
After making sure in the “Unlocked” status, you can proceed to the data reset procedure.
Reset iPhone via iTunes
You can also return your phone to its original settings using iTunes. To do this, connect the gadget to your computer, open iTunes and wait until the program detects your device.
After that, you just need to go to the tab of your phone and click the “Restore iPhone.” button. If you had Find My iPhone turned on, iTunes will ask you to turn it off. You just have to follow the request and disable “Find My iPhone” in the iCloud settings, and finally also refuse to select the previously saved backups. Thus, the recovery process will begin, which will completely clear your device and return the settings to standard.
How to Soft Reset iPhone
IPhone soft reset is useful when certain functions don’t work as usual.
- Soft reset iPhone 5 / 5s / 5c: Press and hold the Power key at the top of your phone and the circular Home button at the bottom until Apple Log appears.
- To soft reset iPhone 6/6 Plus / 6s / 6s Plus: Hold down the Sleep / Wake key on the right side of the screen and the Home button for a few seconds. When the Apple logo appears on the screen, release them.
- IPhone 7/7 Plus Soft Reset: The Home button is replaced by the 3D Touchpad on the iPhone 7/7 Plus. You need to press the Power button on the right side and the Volume down button on the left side at the same time to trigger a soft reset.
The following method of restoring a gadget via iTunes is only suitable if the gadget was previously paired with your computer and the program. But in situations where recovery is required to be performed on someone else’s computer, for example, to remove the password from the phone, using the recovery mode is suitable.
- Unplug your phone completely and then connect it to your computer using the original USB cable. Launch iTunes. Until the phone will be detected by the program, since it is in an inactive state. It is at this moment that you will need to enter it into recovery mode in one of the ways, the choice of which depends on the gadget model:
- iPhone 6S and younger Simultaneously hold down two keys: “Home” and “Power”. Hold them until the phone screen turns on;
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus. Since this device does not have a physical Home button, it will enter recovery mode in a slightly different way. To do this, hold down the “Power” and volume down keys. Keep holding until the smartphone turns on.
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X. In the latest models of Apple devices, the principle of entering Recovery Mode has been quite changed. Now, to put your phone into recovery mode, press and release the volume up key once. Do the same with the volume down button. Hold down the power key and hold it until the device turns on.
- The following image will indicate a successful entry into Recovery Mode: